The goddamn fucking rapture motherfucker

sorabji.com: What do you want?: The goddamn fucking rapture motherfucker
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By heather on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 03:35 am:

There are billboards all over the bay are by these people claiming that May 21 is judgment day.

I have been waiting for the rapture (that isn't coming) for my whole life, not because I am keen to be raptured but because I plan to stay, and how awesome that crazy bullshit sounds (and the free cars.)

"A great earthquake will occur the Bible describes it as "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." This earthquake will be so powerful it will throw open all graves. The remains of the all the believers who have ever lived will be instantly transformed into glorified spiritual bodies to be forever with God.

On the other hand the bodies of all unsaved people will be thrown out upon the ground to be shamed.

The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants."

27 DAYS

By Oldman on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 09:05 pm:

Somewhere between the beginning and the present is the energy that became you. The beginning, a deity, an alien, an accident, it makes no difference because the end will be the same. Decaying carbon 14 will be the solids and your life energy will be released into an expanding cosmos that we are without understanding.

Some try to put human logic to God. Some say that God loves. Some say that God is vengeful. Some say God will be the new world and all the good will be there.

I ask does the logic of God allow six million souls to burn in crematories. I ask does the dying of thousand in towers falling to the ground prove the love of God. I ask is God extracting vengeance of a two year old stomped to death by a father or from a teenager tied to a tree by his parents to die.

There are those that must have a perfect novel with the beginning, the plot, the antagonist, the protagonist, the lessons of morality and the story book ending of happiness ever after.

I say God is, but not one that is understood in human answers. God is the sun with its light and heat. God is the moon at night. The universe, the atom, the animals, the insects, the viruses, the universe that is big and small, seen and unseen is God. God does not make good and does not do evil. Good and evil exist within creation by God and is in all things that exist.

And John sang, “Imagine if you can”.

By Antigone on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 03:23 am:

Shit a dick.

By heather on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 03:07 pm:

You guys really know how to take the godforsaken fun out of a girl's rapture.

By sarah on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 10:25 pm:

Oh how i've longed for the rapture. I have always envisioned
    it as the ultimate win-win. Free cars, never considered that
    before - huge bonus.

I've read the holy bible twice from cover to cover. First as a
    jew, later as a prisoner of parochial school. Back then the
    signs of the rapture included messages heard in albums
    played in reverse, films of incomplete abortions, and warnings
    of bar codes being the mark of the devil.

I'm thinking the Mayans also predicted a rapture-esque event,
    did they not? And see? Nothing left of Mayans except ruined
    temples. Nobody knows what happened. Who's to say they
    weren't cast into the ground to be shamed and then
    vaprorized. Or whatnot.

All i'm saying is, Bring It.

By Daniel on Sunday, May 1, 2011 - 09:47 pm:

Wow. If that doesn't convince you that I am neither God nor Oldman, I don't know what would. it is like I am gone for a while, someone takes up a rant, and when I come back, well, I am in the rear view mirror. (free cars?) Shit, I might as well move closer to Pripyat any day now, if I can get the clearance. The UK Customs confiscated $200 worth of artisnal chesse from my scheesemongering son who landed safely but was detained at Heathrow for four hours. Guess they thought the cheese was plastic explosive. They are as dumb as the TSASSholes here.

By semillama on Monday, May 2, 2011 - 06:08 pm:

By sarah on Monday, May 2, 2011 - 10:26 pm:

Geez sem, you really know how to take the godforsaken fun
    out of a girl's rapture.

By sarah on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 12:43 pm:

another very clear sign of the impending rapture is the weather here in texas right now. might as well be december, not may. as you know i hate talking about the weather, but this is godforsaken freaky.

By Czarina on Saturday, May 7, 2011 - 04:41 pm:

I thought everyone knew that barcodes are the mark of the devil.

But, I would like one of those free cars.

By Daniel on Saturday, May 7, 2011 - 08:20 pm:

Wow...she lives. Good god Leslie, call me.0442562413 but
    numbers are backwar
    ds to deter bots n drunks.

By sarah on Saturday, May 7, 2011 - 10:57 pm:

Czarina! Xoxox

By sarah on Monday, May 16, 2011 - 02:19 pm:

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 12:34 am:

sarah, the link that I clicked went to "Facebook.com logon"

By heather on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 01:42 pm:

You need a facebook page of your own to see it.

I recommend against it, though.

By heather on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 01:50 pm:

I went to the Mystery Spot for the first time. Pretty silly but adorable.

Two weeks ago I took an awesome friend from Japan to Santa Cruz. I made the return drive so much longer by taking highway 9 and Bear Creek Road.

(After we stopped at Marianne's)

My brain still remembers Bear Creek Road, I drove it a bit fast. So nostalgic. Brookdale Lodge is closed for... something.

By moonit on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 08:13 pm:

Goddammit if there's a rapture I'm never gonna get to vegas.

By Oldman on Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 02:00 pm:

I need to cut the grass today but with May 21st on Saturday, should I just wait?
    If there is no Rapture, my grass will be really tall and a pain to cut. OK, I’ve decided!
    Cut the grass, then the weed eater, then the blower. Maybe it will help me if my yard looks nice.

By sarah on Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 03:30 pm:

apparently the rapture has indeed begun. at familyradio.com at least.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, May 21, 2011 - 04:47 pm:

There was a world time line chart at my dentist's office, according to the time chart; there has been several "World fires",according to the time chart that occurred every 10,000 years.

If this is what the judgment day is all about, but what exactly do you guys mean "rapture?" A fire sent to our Earth by God?

Firmly, the next World fire is somewhat overdue in the modern day today.

Correct me if I am wrong, other than that, enjoy your day today.

By N.b. on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 11:35 pm:

Well there was this little volcano in Iceland...

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 11:19 am:

Yeah, we already heard that a couple of days ago.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, April 8, 2013 - 12:52 am:

Modern Day Acceptance.......

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact