Someone

sorabji.com: I wish you were...: Someone
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spiral on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 02:37 am:

I wish that I had a playmate. A sex god. A pal. A thinker. A poet.

Ah shit. I think I just want someone to go on a random date with me. I haven't been on one in, well, I think nearly 6 mos.

I miss those awkward silences, and butterflies... and the first kiss.

Well, maybe not the first. Usually, I find the second is better. But I'm sure you get the point.

I've got those damn general lonely blues.

By Czarina on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 12:04 am:

Ummm,no,I think its the first kiss.Thats the one that'll hook ya.

By dave. on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 12:12 am:

why not just go enjoy your freedom? travel. learn stuff. do
    things. buy a vibrator. you'll meet someone eventually.

By Hal on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 12:56 am:

No Czarina, I think she's right its the second one. The first one is great, oh yeah, don't get me wrong. But the second one is the one after that first timid kiss, its the one that has the passion.

The first kiss is filled with doubt and curiosity...

By Czarina on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 01:09 am:

I can still taste that first kiss........

By pez on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 02:53 am:

so can i, unfortunetly....

i stay up late waiting for a specific roomie to come home. i have a crush on him.

By moonit on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 05:43 am:

Nooooooooooo Pez nooooooooooooooo

number one houserule. Don't screw the crew.

*cough* not that I can talk - how do you think 'drew and i got together ; )

By Hal on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 06:01 am:

BAD PEZ... NO CRUSHES ON ROOMIES...

You haven't had a first kiss with said roomate
    have you? Things are good, don't torture
    youself... By the way it isn't the one that has
    a G/F is it, that would also be bad.

By semillama on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 09:53 am:

Talk to Mavis about the whole roomie deal. She probably has some good advice on why not to do it.

By pez on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 10:45 am:

i haven't kissed him, he doesn't have a girlfriend, and i'm trying to avoid having a crush on him since he's a really nice guy and an excellent conversationalist.

last timr i tried to contact mavis, i couldn't reach her for some reason.

By J on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 11:00 am:

Me too my e-mail was returned,same for Droopy,he must have a new e-mail address.

By Hal on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 11:47 am:

WHERE ART THOU MAVIS, WE NEED YOU BACK.

By Hal on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 11:50 am:

So who is it Pez, Joel, Jeremy, or Eric???

By patrick on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 11:59 am:

shes gonna do it anyway.

consider it a good start to a newly-made independant young women.

By Hal on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 01:55 pm:

ok... but no one can say she hasn't been warned about the dangers involved.

By Spiral on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

Well, pez, I can't really say that I am good at the giving advice thing. I suck at it when my own life comes into play, so I won't say much other than this: If it goes well for you two, more power to you. If it doesn't, we'll be here to let you rage.

By semillama on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 03:05 pm:

redhotmavis@hotmail.com

Ask about the paint scheme in her house, it's pretty funny. Plus ask if the dog's had his teeth yanked yet.

By patrick on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 03:11 pm:

By pez on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 04:23 pm:

*note: i have not done anything yet. am attempting to resist.*

it's joel. a master's student in anthropology, from california via new york. a half-jewish buddhist.

i will absolutely die if he finds out. entering a relationship with a roomie is not a good idea and i have no intention of doing so at the current time.

and patty, i have more willpower than that. who do you think i am?

By sarah on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 04:28 pm:

dave's right. travel. learn stuff. do something adventurous and outrageous. play. have a silly little fling if you're feeling lonely.

companionship is highly overrated. not entirely worth all the sacrifice.

By sarah on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 04:29 pm:

then again, if you're like most people, including me, the only way to really believe it is to find out for yourself. the hard way.

By patrick on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 05:21 pm:

like she said pez.

now don't go callin me patty cause i let nate get away with it.

i wasnt addressing your will power, just your human falliability, we all have it. Crushes can be powerful things.

By Antigone on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 05:49 pm:

First kisses are best when you know they'll lead to second ones...and third ones...

...and depressing plays,
    and vegetarian buffets.
    Long hiking days
    and late night cafes.
    Java arrays
    and book store forays.
    Nights when she says
    her mind with a gaze.

By Hal on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 06:00 pm:

heh heh, that was cool.

By semillama on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 06:09 pm:

People who have degrees in Anthropology are trouble and should be gotten rid of once this has been established.

Ask any of my ex-girlfriends.

By Nate on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 06:26 pm:

may none of your kisses ever lead to java arrays.

By sarah on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 06:35 pm:

sem, whatever happened with the girl who produced sports radio shows?

By Czarina on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 10:24 am:

Ah,fuck em,if they can't take a joke.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 11:12 am:

Sarah, see "The tale of Sem and the dating surface", the message which says: "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuck" and so on.

bleah. I think I am too weird for fairly normal women and not weird enough for the weird women.

By pez on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 12:17 pm:

be yourself sem. be just as weird a you want to be.

"well it's all right now
    i learned my lesson well
    if you can't please everyone
    you might as well please yourself."

okay PATRICK, i won't call you patty if you at least have a little more faith in me than that. i'm not particularly fond of others predicting my actions.

and anthropology degrees, i hope, are not bad news. though i'm taking some time off right now, i'm working on an anthropology degree myself. certainly reading if not taking the classes.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 12:48 pm:

If you ever need advice on archaeology, especially on how to find work in archaeology or even where to find a place to volunteer, drop me a line, I gots yer hookup.

By sarah on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 12:57 pm:

well, shit. how did i miss that before?

well, she is just one girl in this world. there are plenty others, sem. you got it going on, so it's just a matter of time.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 02:10 pm:

If I wasn't superhuman, I would've gone off the deep end a long time ago.

By pez on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 02:29 pm:

i'ven't gotten into archaeology yet, but it's pretty interesting. i guess i'm more into studying others beliefs and trying to solve problems people have.

and sem, somewhere out there is the perfect girl for you, and you will find her. eventually. in the meantime, don't worry. enjoy life.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 02:43 pm:

statistically, i recall reading somewhere, there are roughly 7-8 "ideal" mates. So, be a lucky mug and see if you can find em.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 03:45 pm:

Did you know that at the turn of the century, over half of all Irish adults were unmarried?

If you want to solve problems, Pez, anthropology is not it. Anthro is supposed to be all observational, and hands off. Of course, in practice, it doesn't work that way. Maybe you should go into sociology?

There is a lot of interesting work going on right now into the survival and evolution of African belief systems as they were transferred over to the New World during the slave trade. Leland Ferguson has a good book that addresses some of that, "Uncommon Ground." Pretty good read.

By cyst--anthropology degree holder on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 06:05 pm:

anthropology is one of the most bullshit fields of academic study.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 08:50 am:

Next to psychology and history.

And sociology.

And certain women's studies courses.

come to think of it, there aren't any academic fields that come to mind that don't involve some level of bullshit.

By Kalliope on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 09:10 am:

I had a "relationship" with a roomate once. Can't even tell you how bad that turned out, but I had to learn the hard way.

Obviously didn't learn too well tho. Been dating my neighbor and now that that's gone sour, not sure why I didn't realize it was such a bad idea before.

Hah.

Patty.

Aww.

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 10:22 am:

Ooooh,not the weird male nurse neighbor,who comes to your door,at inoppertune times,with oddly out of place info,that for some reason,known only to him,he thinks will be of value to you?

By Hal on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 12:51 pm:

Didn't know about this guy.

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 01:15 pm:

She said he showed up at her door,with a video tape of open heart surgery,[or some other equally inapropriate surgery],and told her he thought she might find it of interest.

Thats almost better than Nates yard-rat lady-neighbor.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 02:11 pm:

i have some kooky neighbors, one old lady who calls the cops at least once a week because she thinks someone's breaking in, one eight-year-old boy who sits on our front porch looking into the windows, one dude in his 50's who builds contraptions so that he can hitch a windsurfing board and sail to his bike and ride to the beach.

There's a kid next door in his 20's and some of my friends think he's hot, but i've never been attracted to him, thank heaven.

Sem, is physics bullshit? I think I wanna study physics. It could be b.s. because a lot of it is theoretical, and because some people study it just because it makes them look smart. Just curious as to your diagnosis.

By heather on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 02:30 pm:

ARRRGGGHHHHH.

yes. most people interested in physics are interested because it is bullshit. i can see that you will also really enjoy it.

By Spider on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 02:54 pm:

Heather, she's kidding. Settle down.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 02:57 pm:

i think the good ice cream got her all hopped up on sugar...no?

By Nate on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:00 pm:

shitballs!

By heather on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:13 pm:

could be the sugar

kidding? i don't get it. she sounds the same as always.

but everything is bullshit. everything.

but alas it is all we have for the looking clever. so be it.

some people, however, concentrate on the making of ice cream.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:37 pm:

No bullshit there, thank god.

By heather on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:55 pm:

exactly

mwah

By cyst on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 04:00 pm:

"Next to psychology and history. And sociology. And certain women's studies courses."

agreed. social sciences in general = bullshit.

at my university, a lot of the anthro course were cross-departmental (anthro-women, anthro-ling, anthro-socio, etc.). it's all the same bullshit.

you know, the reason I chose anthro at the time was that it was stuff I didn't already know. I knew what they were teaching in english, communications, etc. but anthropology was all new bullshit to me. I should have studied math.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 06:15 pm:

All we can try to do, as ethical anthropologists/archaeologists, is to attempt to keep the level of bullshit inherent in our work to a level as low as possible.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 06:34 pm:

I think you should be in the business of creating folklore.

We need more tall tales. Im so sick of Paul Bunyan, John Henry and the like.

By Kalliope on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 08:58 pm:

czarina...

hah. you remember that. im impressed.

no way girl. i moved. this is a little cute 21 year old neighbor with a speed problem.

im over it tho. sera sera.

By agatha on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 10:17 pm:

what about visual arts? is that a bullshit major? i'm just curious about what the authorities have to say about that. my opinion on the matter has solidified long ago.

By Czarina on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 12:10 am:

I like to keep track of all weird neighbor activities.

I figure they might come in handy,when I move into my crazy-old-lady,with the chemistry lab in my basement mode.That way,I can become my own urban legend,and therefore,my existence won't be for naught.

[or maybe,I just LIKE doing weird stuff to my neighbors]

By J on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 12:59 am:

Czarina is a vert creative neighbor.

By J on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 01:01 am:

oops,tanked,very,sorry

By semillama on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 08:39 am:

Love them alcohol!

Perform The Salute!

By Hal on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 10:08 am:

I'm just gonna sit on the porch and polish a shot gun and let them think I'm a codgy old man. If any of them actually dare to come over I'll give them candy and stuff.
    Injected with everclear.

By patrick on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 11:38 am:

kalli...that dope is still doing "speed"? Didn't you make fun of him yet for his addiction to such a ridiculous substance?

I told you, buy the boy a bag of pot. If he's easily addicted to things, give him that, better than that other crap you told me about.

Better yet sweetie...move on.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact