Locating a payphone

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: Locating a payphone
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By AHamil7059aol.com on Tuesday, May 12, 1998 - 06:41 pm:
    I am trying to find my son. He is calling from the nunber 212-999-0011 and 212-999-0012. He is 16 and a runaway who keeps calling to say he wants to come home and is waiting the man who is "helping" him to bring him back to Phila. I am almost out of my mind with worry and cannot figure out where these payphones are located. How can I find out where they phones are located.

By Ethan N on Friday, May 22, 1998 - 11:59 am:
    the payphone is indeed not to far from phily
    but after doing a little reaserch found that there from the upper east side(or at least thats what the operater said) i tried calling but both of them were out of service if they ever do come back into service keep calling until you get some one on the other end and ask them where their standing
    hoped i helped

By Cbelson on Thursday, October 22, 1998 - 05:50 pm:

This phone number has been showing up on my beeper
    (972) 843-2122. I call it back and no one answers.
    Since no one answers I figure it is a pay phone. I have tried several times at different times of the day and night. If it is a pay phone, can you locate it???

By Kenneth Watkins on Friday, November 27, 1998 - 01:01 pm:

This phone number appears on my caller ID frequently iwant to know where it is. 708 344-9315

By Noel on Friday, February 5, 1999 - 10:57 pm:

I am trying to locate the address or any information related to the following pay phone number, 602-833-8119. It is located in Mesa, Arizona in a trailor court. I need to get in touch with my cousin who is there.

I can be reached by e-mail, pookbee@aol.com thanks

By Rachel on Friday, April 9, 1999 - 04:39 am:

I want to find out payphone numbers around my area. How do I do that?.

By Andy on Thursday, April 29, 1999 - 01:50 pm:

I'm trying to reach the payphone outside Mann's theatre to talk to someone waiting in line for the Star Wars movie. Any ideas how I find the number?

By Skottey on Thursday, April 29, 1999 - 03:36 pm:

Last year my xwife kidnapped my son. When she finally called all I knew was that she was in LA. She called me collect from a payphone. After she hung up the phone I immediately called and had the operator do a trace. They got me the number and told me what phone company owned the pay phone. I called the company that owned the payphone, the operator gave me shit about it and said he was not allowed to give out the location of the payphone, only he fucked up and told me that it was located at a Kash and Karry grocery store. I did a search at Big Yellow or whatever and found out the phone numbers of each of the K and K's in LA. I began calling them, I had an idea of what part of the City my Xwife was in so I began with those stores first. I lied to customer service at each of the stores telling them somebody was outside waiting for me and they would go outside and check the number on the payphone. BINGO- I hit the nail dead on, I found the Kash and Karry store where my xwife had been calling from, the exact location. How cool is that?
    Now, this wasn't enough to find my son but it sure saved the private investigator time and legwork in locating my son, which he found in less than one day in LA I might add.

By Cmw on Saturday, May 22, 1999 - 03:18 pm:

Trying to find the location of this payphone number: 703-860-9736. All I know is it's somewhere in Alexandria, VA. If someone knows where this is or the prefix at least, please email me at cmw5366@aol.com.

Much appreciated.

By Kris on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 10:10 pm:

Trying to locate the pay phone that belongs to this number 410-266-6461. I believe it may be from a Maryland State Correctional Facility,whoever it is calls,but hangs up after I answer--any help is much appreciated!

By Niki on Tuesday, November 23, 1999 - 06:28 pm:

trying to locate a payphone in lexington kentucky so i can find out where my boyfriend is calling me from the # is 606-294-9801 ,would even like to know what area the prefix is for,probably a gas station mabe,i dont know.

By Mike on Tuesday, November 23, 1999 - 09:27 pm:

By Jagjphmediaone.net on Sunday, January 16, 2000 - 04:10 pm:

if anyone in the jax fla southside or nearby area knows the payphone number 904-739-9775 please leave me an e-mail

By Penguin on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 12:22 am:

looking for the location of a phone in Bakersfield,CA. 661-398-9915. Area code used to be 805. If anybody kows go agead and write me

By Layla on Saturday, April 1, 2000 - 05:06 pm:

I have tried 4 different reverse directories, called the operator (who told me payphones are not listed) And found your site at Ask Jeeves. I am trying to find out the payphone location that my stalker is calling from. I have taken the precaution of writing down all the payphone #s in my immediate area, so if I see those on caller ID and it's her, I call the police. But that took lots of leg work. Finding a random number in Ft. Lauderdale is going to be quite difficult. I have a call trace and a wiretap on my phone already. Can the police find the location of the pay phone?Anyway, the number is 954-467-8751. Any help or any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

By Jennifer on Sunday, May 7, 2000 - 05:32 pm:

I am trying to find the location for the # 623-937-9941. This number shows up on my caller-ID but when I call it to figure out where it is and whose calling, a recording tells me that it is not in service, The operator was no help when I called. All I do know is the calls are coming from Glendale, AZ. Please help! This is getting creepy!

By J on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 12:54 pm:

I tried to call it for you,got the same thing.It is not a cell phone.I did a reverse search and got nothing either.Call your phone company and have them put a trace on it,they will monitor your phone for two weeks.If you have caller I.D.,why not put them on call rejection?

By Debbieatt.com on Monday, May 22, 2000 - 07:20 pm:

I am trying to get an address on a pay phone at 607-520-8802. We have received Obscene Phone Calls from this man for the past year and we traced him to this pay phone in a rest stop near Campbell, NY.

Could you help me find the address?

Thank you for your time!

Debbie G.

By Mo on Sunday, June 4, 2000 - 12:00 am:

TRYING TO LOCATE THESE PAYPHONES!Sat. June 3,2000 Anyone knowing where in Philadelphia these payphones are, please let me know.Payhone #1- (215)879-9985 Payphone #2-(215)473-9620 Thanks,Mo

By Mo on Thursday, June 15, 2000 - 10:23 pm:

I am tring to find the addresses of two pay phones. I've searched every serch engine I could find. These phones are in the Philadelphia area. The problem is it could be one of several area codes,215,610,484,267 or 717. I messed up when I installed my called ID, so everyone comes up with the 215 area code. Anyhow, the phone booth numbers are 473-9620 and 879-9985 with any one of the above area codes. Please Help me someone!!!! Thanks in advance, Mo

By Tommy on Sunday, June 18, 2000 - 10:24 pm:

Can anyone tell me why the last 4 digits of a payphone usually begin with a 9?

By CURIOUS ONE on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 08:11 pm:

I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT THE PAYPHONE NUMBER AT NAKNEK CEDAR VILLAGE...DOES ANY ONE HAVE A CLUE???

By Shelly on Sunday, August 6, 2000 - 05:38 pm:

This web site does not have a listing for the Ohio pay phones in the 513 area code. I keep getting calls from numbers like these:

513-346-7711 513-346-7719 (cincinnati area)
    The operator thinks they are pay phone numbers.
    How can i find out more info?

By Archer Adams on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 03:58 pm:

Hi -

My name is Archer Adams and I am trying to help my friend locate their young teen-age niece, who met a man on the Internet and ran off to hook up with him.

THE parents are frantic trying to locate her. Her name is Laura Jean Cruz (in case anyone hears anything from or about her). A national ad campaign is also starting to air pictures of her etc.

Here is some info on her:

Child's name: Laura Jean Cruz
    DOB: 4-6-84
    No CDL
    Current home address: 8512 Copper Mountain Ave
    Las Vegas NV 89129

Parents: Josefino & Amalia L (Lelani)

FBI is checking on Internet activity.
    Detective Susan Slark Las Vegas Department of Missing Children case #
    000804-1660

Missing since 8/2/00

She called from 3 different numbers as follow:: 8/8 : 510-642-9251
    8/9 : 209-605-7403
    8/11: 316-488-7842

I have tried both free sites and pay sites and I can find NONE of the numbers in any database out there. The only thing I could establish is that the first 2 numbers are from California and the third one is from Kansas. Pac-Bell reports that these numbers are all out of service.

If anyone can help me figure out if these numbers came from pay phones or ? -- it would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Archer

You can email any info to:
    archer_adams@hotmail.com

By Trace on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 04:18 pm:

I bet they are payphone numbers

By moonit on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 07:10 pm:

Little Mr Helpful arent you Trace.

By Trace on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 10:23 am:

I try..........
    Actually, I did not read the thread well enough to see that he already figured that out.

By Laura Jean on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 10:08 am:

Archer, leave me alone you ass! I am in love and
    it's none of your business!!

By Trace on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 11:16 am:

Information on where person posting as "Laura Jean" posted from:

Server: localhost
    Address: 127.0.0.1

Name: 227.pool1.nagoya.att.ne.jp
    Address: 165.76.101.242

By Isolde on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 01:46 pm:

Can we stop this whole looking up IP addresses thing? I know it's easy to do, but it gets kind of dull after a while.

By Trace on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 03:42 pm:

OK, so we don't help. Because it is boring.....
    I see.

By Antithesis is not afraid on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 07:29 pm:

no, we don't help for a SLEW of other reasons. Well, I don't. and without me, you really just don't stand a chance, do you, Trace? MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

schmud. if you wanted to be "helpful" you could compare that IP to all of the other IPs on other messages, so you could say "Cat, knock that Laura Jean posting crap off!" or "Dammit, Satan, you still SUCK!" but you can't say that. And that, Trace, is why the world will never be your oyster.

OH, SHE HATES ME! *falls over dead*

If some 15 year old wants to run away and meet some internet guy, that's not our life, or our business... we're a bunch of non-entities in this situation.

ARG!!! DO YOU HEAR THE KAZOO?

*sigh*

that's great. it starts with an earthquake. Birds and snakes...

By Isolde on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 07:30 pm:

Two words (which may or may not be censonered, depending on how fast I move):

By Anti-somethingorother on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 07:33 pm:

yeah, yeah, yeah... usually it's one word, like "postcoital," but in this particular situation, it's posting for me, and the other for her. *sigh* maybe this shouldn't be here, though... Do we have any numbers for Santa Cruz, CA payphones? any at all?

By Isolde on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 07:34 pm:

omnis animales post coitem triste sunt.

By Cat Laura Jean on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 07:52 pm:

(Shock) Anti, how did you know it was me? You are SUCH the divine entity with xray IP powers, aren't ya!

You may be cute, but you still need a bloody good smack. Isolde...oh Issoooolde...help me out here.

Or is smacking more of a precoital thing? Nooooooo...Don't tell me, I don't want to know.

Anyway, carry on lads.

By Trace on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 11:01 pm:

OK then.....
    I did not take the time because I am not at work today, I am on a regular dial up that, even with a 56k modem still takes a year and half do to anything....
    I see your point anyway, concerning the 15 year old runaway.
    You guys realy are genuine liberals, kinda. Let everyone do their own thing, don't hinder them, and even help them by giving away tax money. I am starting to understand you all much better now. Unless, of course, it messes with your little world and what you want to do.
    Then you tell them to "fuck off, you ass" or call them ass hole, or insult them non stop. I get it now! OK then.
    :-)

By Trace on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 11:04 pm:

Hmmm, wonder if I am going to get a "fuck you, you ass" for that?
    Let's start the stop watch.......1, 2, 3, 4,......

By Trace on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 11:43 pm:

Seriously, though, I do have to say, even though I do not agree with you all, you stick to your beliefs and stand next to them, and are true to them, and that quality, regardless of politcal affiliation, is rare.
    I know you probably don't care, but I do respect that very much.

By Antigone on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 12:06 am:

Way to go, Trace! Build up those stereotypes, my man... Call me a liberal, baby... C'mon...who's your daddy...who's your daddy...

By Isolde on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 01:31 am:

I'm not sure who my daddy is...Antigone, do you want to be my daddy?

By Antigone on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 01:41 am:

I plead the third amendment!

By Cat on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 01:43 am:

You're in international waters now Antigone. Prepare to be boarded.

By Antigone on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 01:50 am:

Cat...is that a knife between your teeth...or a rose? :-)

By Laura Jean on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 02:39 am:

>OK, so we don't help. Because it is boring.....
    >I see.

Yes, Trace, but not as boring as your two bits
    about "I bet they are payphone numbers"

By Antithesis on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 03:08 am:

Cat: What did I do to deserve such a smacking as that? *sigh* I is so confused. And both you and Antigone better watch it. This is the coast guard here, and we've got our eyes on both of you. And we have Isolde's dad with us. AND Laura Jean Cruz.

Trace: nope. not a liberal. well, liberal in the whole "free" sort of way, but ... arg. I hate politics. As I say way too much: i follow the dictates of my soul.

I know plenty of 15-year olds who are very solid thinkers, and who can handle themselves just as well as anyone else in the world. I know that that post sounded really apathetic, but I DO believe in letting people live their own lives. Self righteous or "holier than thou" people are my least favorite.

By Cat on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 04:07 am:

You've been a good boy Antithesis. But the good ones are always more fun to smack, they cry so much more prettily.

Has anyone rolled out the Sorabji welcome wagon with it's special pineapple dacquiri cocktails to you yet? I hope you'll stick around.

By gee on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 02:21 pm:

too many anti's. gee confused. ugh.

By Antigone on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 02:39 pm:

I am the one, true Anti!

By Isolde on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 03:41 pm:

I welcomed you, Anti, which wasn't really that fair, since I already know you, so someone else really should do it.

Aww...hell. I'll do it again, anyway.

Fuck you, you ass.

By Anti part 2 on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 06:28 pm:

You can't go around stealing other people's lines. even outside of sorabji, that's just declasse. Which I guess is par for this course?

wow. I hadn't even thought that people might be calling anti-gone "Anti," too. damn.

right. I"m gonna go play "Bond" and veg now. heh.

By Isolde on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 06:41 pm:

Play Bond and Veg? Oxymoron?

By Antithesis on Monday, August 21, 2000 - 05:36 am:

not at all. intake Kym, er, CHEMicals, stare blankly at a TV screen and try to shoot each other. wonderful therapy, no sexual tension, good food. we went down to corners, got dolmas and other Theodora-safe food. good. it's two-thirty am. everyone should come hang out at my place. now.

By Trace on Monday, August 21, 2000 - 07:53 am:

Oh gawd it is early...
    what the hell am i doing at work today?????

By Antithesis on Monday, August 21, 2000 - 08:03 am:

posting to sorabji. Why do you ask?

By Trace on Monday, August 21, 2000 - 08:18 am:

Thanks for clearing that up, I just kinda stumbled in here today.....

By Thank You on Friday, September 8, 2000 - 06:50 am:

Trying to locate where this pay telephone is located in the vicinity of Maryville, TN (865)380-9617 Anyone who can find out any information, would you please email me. Thanking you in advance - jcm4532776@aol.com

By Kelli on Monday, November 6, 2000 - 01:47 pm:

I need to now the location of this pay phone in Houston. (713)-403-7600.

By Looking for revenge on Saturday, November 25, 2000 - 03:25 pm:

I am trying to find out where these pay phones are located. 336-578-9913 and 336-222-7931 Just
    found out that my truck driver, husband has been
    having an affair. These numbers are on my phone bill. All I know is that they are in Burlington,
    North Carolina and her Name is Angel Preston.
    I'm thinking they my be where she works.

By Nagel Preston on Sunday, December 17, 2000 - 10:38 am:

Actually, that's MY phone number and your husband
    is gay!

By Kevin on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 04:21 pm:

I am trying to locate the following Pay Phone number. I've received seceral "wrong number" calls from the same person using this phone.

410-747-9860

By Smc on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 05:28 am:

I have been receiving hangup phonecalls for apx 6
    months!!! NO one can do anything cause they r pay
    phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM in tempe arizona !!!!
    ANY one know the secrets to finding pay phone
    locations?????????????????? SMC

By The Watcher on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 02:32 pm:

Keep checking this site.

I hope it's updated soon. (See posting from Sorabji dated 12/29/00 in Where is this phone?.

Also, check out http:/www.payphone-directory.org.

It's more up to date.

But, not nearly as much fun as this site.

By Czarina on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 09:20 pm:

Are you a voyeur?

By Mala-dicta on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 11:47 am:

Where in Tempe are you from? (this makes me paranoid).

By The Watcher on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 01:40 pm:

"The Watcher" does not peek into other's windows.

"The Watcher" is meerly a, sometimes amused sometimes outraged, observer of life.

Unless you plan on doing something outragious in a public forum or place you won't find me lurking in your bushes.

By J on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 02:49 pm:

I was just paranoid about the post from a person in Tempe,I usually try to help on phone things,but I'm not touching that.

By The Gum Rapper on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 05:41 pm:

"The Watcher"

wow

By The Watcher on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 05:49 pm:

Just because you're paranoind doesn't mean no one is out to get you!!

However, usually these people are mostly harmless. They either want your job or your boy/girl friend.

It's the ones who want to "help" you that are the people you want to look out for. But, their pretty easy to spot. Most of them are politians.

By Daniel ssss on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 06:55 pm:

I wanted to find a meeting of paranoids anonymous but deiscovered they wouldn't disclose their meeting location.

By The Gum Rapper on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 07:51 pm:

wow

wow

yeah, wow

By Czarina on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 09:19 am:

Well,I'm much more at ease now,as I certainly wouldn't do anything outragious in a public place or forum.

By Nick Bristow on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

Anybody want payphone numbers in london england I
    might be able to hel

By SMC on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 03:14 am:

to the watcher::::::::: and others I am
    from Tempe Arizona and my message is posted
    above!SMC I am very frusterated!!!THe whole
    story goes!!!Ive been stalked before yes IM a
    BIMBO!!!! I always get the weirdo"s after me!!!
    6 months pay phone hangups !!! I recently had
    twin girls and i also received a letter at my
    address stating your boyfriend has been cheating
    on you and i am the one making the calls
    !!!!!!!!!! to make it short!!!!!!!! My boyfriend
    got it and read it first, He says he has'nt !!!
    I beleive him one day then the next I dont cuz we
    get another call!!! I have even tried to say talk
    to me but the wont say antything!!! It may be one
    of my or his X,s but I have to find out the
    truth because it is putting alot of strain on our
    relationdship!!! Please help every one and
    anyone!!!!!!!!!!!! SMC

By J on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 04:21 am:

What is your boyfriends name?

By SMC on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 05:45 am:

dorkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!! THATS HIS NAME AND PERHAPS
    YOURS ALSO!!!!!!!!!! iM SORRY IF YOU WERE ASKING
    A LAGITIMATE ????????? BUT iM SO USED TO
    SMARTASSES TRYING TO BE FUNNY WHEN THE SITUATION
    IS NOT FUNNY TO ME AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!1 SCOTT
    IS THE NAME

By smc on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 05:59 am:

where are these payphones?????????????????/
    I get this payphone alot!!!!!!!602-953-9842
    innorth phoenix is the area i think
    602-971-8539
    480-483-9953
    I KEEP DATES TIMES NUMBER AND AREA CODES TO SEE IF
    THERE IS A PATTERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 they are
    starting to repaet some ##s

By Antigone on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 06:18 am:

Uh...call the phone company...

...and deactivate the caps lock...

By Smc on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 06:27 am:

YOU CAN SPEAK IN UPPERCASE WHEN YOU ARE MR>
    SMARTASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Czarina on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 08:43 am:

Listen Missy,there's no need to speak to Antigone in that tone.

By SMC on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 10:17 pm:

OH but he can speak to me like that !! I dont
    think so!!! Didnt your mother ever tell you to
    treat others how you want to be treated!!!! Don't
    get your panties in an uproar!!!!!!!!! I am only
    flirting with him!!!!

By Antigone on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 10:52 pm:

You are?

Coulda fooled me.

But, thanks!

I'm fatter...uh...flattered!

By moonit on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 01:50 am:

or flattened?

By Nelson on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 02:17 am:

meow

meeeoooowww

By Antigone on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 10:54 am:

Uh, Nelson, you're not being that clear...

By Czarina on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 11:19 am:

I'll have you know,my panties remain in an uproar.

By J on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 12:08 pm:

Smc,your boyfriend more than likely IS cheating on you,I got alot of those kind of calls when my s/o was cheating on me.Whoever it is,they don't like you. You could have a trace put on your phone for 2 weeks,I don't know if it will help since it's a payphone.You should change your phone number and have it unlisted.They know your address,and they don't like you,maybe you should move.It's someone you know more than likely.Try doing a search for Phone Losers of America,they might be able to help you.Just my opinion...ditch the boyfriend.

By Cat on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 02:54 pm:

You look mighty cute when you blush Antigone.

By Antigone on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 03:36 pm:

Awwwwwww, thtop it!

By Smc on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 11:31 pm:

to J: Did you get hangups for that long????????
    How did you find out!!!!!!!!!!! about the
    cheating!!!

By J on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 01:28 am:

I called *69,and even my kid's were trying to tell me.I got hangups for at least 6 months.I had caught him before.That asshole does all the work around here now,some bitch called me up and told me more or less the same thing you got.I took all our financial papers to a lawyer,realized I'd be on easy street and I was all down for it.He found out about it the day after my birthday,he recorded a phone conversation I had with my friend Lana.He must have listened to it on his way to work,cause he came right back home and tried to choke me.I was trying to get the tape from him,no dice.He filed for a divorce from me,but once he realized I didn't care,he changed his tune.I would survive!

By moonit on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 02:43 am:

Whenever someone does excessive !!!! it makes me think of Terry Pratchet's Maskerade.

'My name's Christine!' she said. 'Isn't this exciting?!'

And she had the type of voice that can exclaim a question. It seemed to have an excited little squeak permanetly screwed to it.

You know you know real people like this.

By Czarina on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 03:30 am:

Excessive !!!!!!!!! makes me think of Lucy.

Or maybe it was just the cap locks,that brought her to mind.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 12:44 pm:

I'm amazed that so few people today can have a committed relationship.

I've been married to the same woman for twenty five years. And, I wouldn't even think of doing one tenth of the things I hear and see.

And, those I would think about would be only as fantasy.

What is wrong with the rest of this world.

By J on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 01:21 pm:

Forget anything on my post above past, I was all down for it.After that I got off on something completely different,but I think it was posted because I was tanked but remembering that you can legally tape record phone calls in Arizona. If smc's boyfriend lives with her, she might want to do that.Just go to a RadioShack and tell them what you want to do,the device cost around $15.00,and then all you need is a small tape recorder.You can attach it to the outside phone box,it's very easy.

By Trace on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 01:47 pm:

Are you still tanked?

By The Watcher on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 01:50 pm:

Except Federal Law would prohibit taping other peoples phone calls.

In other words if she isn't a party to the phone call - she cann't legally tape it.

Unless you think Levinworth is a lovely vacation spot.

By J on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 01:58 pm:

No,really,in Arizona only one party has to know,and that can be you.My lawyer told me to get one when I was having custody problems,years ago.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 02:10 pm:

yeah it varies from state to state.

By Antigone on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 03:43 pm:

...as Linda Tripp can attest.

And, I think the question, Watcher, is what's wrong with YOU?

By The Watcher on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 05:51 pm:

Must be something.

Jerry Springer rejected me. And, Dr. Laura won't even take my calls.

By Antigone on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 05:56 pm:

Well, ya know what I like to say: Let he who has no large objects lodged in his colon cast the first stone...

By MAC on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 08:33 pm:

I am desperately trying to identify the location of this number in NYC (212) 568-9474, which seems to be a pay phone. Should anybody have any information that might lead to identifying this phone's address, we will truly appreciate. We are being badly harassed from that number.
    Thanks

By Antigone on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 08:50 pm:

Try the police...
    Try the phone company...

By Antigone on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 08:51 pm:

Try calling the phone number at random times and asking "where are you?"

By SMC on Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 12:48 am:

J-- are you still in AZ. I'll try the phone thing
    But I live in an apt. right now ! Can you do it
    from inside the house?

By J on Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 08:34 am:

SMC,yea hon,if you live in Tempe,you live right by me.Yes you can do it in your apartment,but it will be harder to hide it,you can hook it up where your phone jack is,just make sure you really hide the tape recorder.If you want,I can look up his court records and see if he's ever been in trouble.

By Smc on Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 10:49 pm:

J I know about his past already!!! How can you
    look up those records though!!!!!! I am just
    starting to use this computer and all is
    resources!! IM such the detective this is gonna be
    fun!!!

By The Watcher on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 02:00 pm:

To SMC.

Did you ever find the phones you were looking for?

And get the other answers you were after?

By J on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

I wonder that too,I sent her some links.

By SMC on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 10:59 pm:

WELL NO I didnt we moved new ## so if it starts
    again I will have a clue!!! I decided to trust
    the guy can you believe it!!! Innocent until
    proven guilty!!!

By The Watcher on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 12:45 pm:

Good Luck to SMC.

By CARMAN on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 09:05 pm:

i really need help finding the location of this
    pay phone # 817-926-3695 URGENT!!!

By Priam on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 10:20 pm:

That's not a payphone. What are you up to, anyway?

By Guess who on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 05:20 pm:

Off the track.

Does anyone know what happened to WebCombo?

I used to use them. And, wanted to go back. But, I cann't get through to tech support.

By droopy on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 06:02 pm:

jesus - i noticed something. that number that carman posted is from fort worth, texas.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 06:04 pm:

Maybe Sorabji is finally going to add those new numbers he mentioned a while ago???

By Cat on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 09:02 pm:

Maybe he will when you pay your subscription fees. Don't make us send the butt plumbers around to collect.

By Mama byrd on Tuesday, April 24, 2001 - 01:50 pm:

does anyone know how to locate a # in alaska?i`ve looked in all reverse directorys i can find. when i call it back i get a beeping sound.if so could you email me at www.crazybyrd63@hotmail.com

By Former Peters Creek Citizen on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 06:03 am:

Mama byrd! You're from Alaska? What part?

By He wants his cake and eat it too on Friday, April 27, 2001 - 02:30 am:

I suppose I will just have to search for the payphone numbers on his cell phone since there is little to offer on the web to idenify them. However, is there a web site to do a reverse number lookup for cell phones?

By on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 05:50 pm:

I was bored real bored. And, just reread this.

Could somebody explain the IP address trick.

By The Watcher on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 03:49 pm:

To J;

Ever here from SMC lately?

I've missed her postings.

I gave up Soap Operas ages ago. Her postings were more interesting.

By J on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 04:24 pm:

Not in a while,but she did e-mail me that she had moved,and no more crank phone calls,she sent me a funny picture of a cop giving a kid on a hotwheels or something a ticket.I'll e-mail her and see what's up when I have a minute,she lives right by me,maybe we can hook up some time,with the babies.

By The Watcher on Friday, June 1, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

Ask her why she stopped posting.

By Clundgren on Monday, June 4, 2001 - 08:03 pm:

Does anyone have knowledge of a hardware device called a C9925BLT NETWORK ACCESS ANALYZER IT IS MADE BY A COMPANY called Communications Technology corporation ? I have one but I am MORE interested in what one can do with this device, but I have very little knowledge or expeirence in telecommunications or network type testing. I have the owners manual also, but again its somewhat difficult to understand how to utilize all the things it can do. The manual uses a lot of terminology that i am not familar with. Acouple things it can do are monitor multiple lines for ac/dc voltage, dc loop current, resistance fault location, distance to load and load coils, transmission tests to 20 kHZ , it can measure or locate dirty opens, multiple splits, test voltage soak, measure metalic noise, tracing and high level fault locating tones, and memory for referencing changes capacitive length and resistive fault locating tones, spare and working pairs diagnostic macros, caller id and ANI test functions and monitoring capibilities and alot of other "beyond me" stuff. it is portable battery powered. and has computer and printer connectors etc.
    I would like to utilize this device or sell/trade it to someone who can.
    email me if interested clundgren@mindsp[ring.com

By Veronica and Heather on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 - 09:05 pm:

We need to locate two pay phones in Washington, DC. The numbers show up on our caller ID.
    Cindy - Please HELP!!!

Here are the numbers:
    202 342 8917
    202 332 9606

Thanks!

By Teresa on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 02:11 pm:

I need to find out what these two phone numbers are they keep hanging up when I answer...driving me crazy!
    702-214 5210
    702-731-0521
    Any help is truly appreciated!!!!!

By patrick on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 02:13 pm:

mobsters in the Las Vegas area looking for trouble.

have you seen trouble?

By Nate on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 03:43 pm:

i have trouble tattoo'd on my dick.

have you seen my poodle?

By J on Tuesday, June 26, 2001 - 01:46 am:

Snappy? Poodle chew, I loved Frank Zappa.

By Gill on Thursday, August 2, 2001 - 01:08 am:

i need to find location on this payhone please help im from nyc the bronx the number is 7188229324 i want to catch my man cheating this number was on his cell to many times need to know please help and thank you

By Susan julian on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 01:06 pm:

I've been getting calls from this payphone # 870-932-8903 here in Jonesboro, Arkansas for two months now. The calls come in at the same time everyday. It's some woman that is out to destroy my marriage. I'd just like to locate the phone and see who she is. Can you help me?

By J on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 03:37 pm:

I've been calling it several times today,and it's always busy.

By Pamela on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 04:32 pm:

Can't you just call the telephone company and ask them if they have a payphone with that number? Or ask them to find out where it is. I'm sure they could help you.

By Antigone on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 05:31 pm:

Watch out, Pamela. These Payphone Project People get a little testy when you say the obvious...

By The Watcher on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 05:57 pm:

The payphones are mostly owned by indepentant companies now-a-days.

And, the regional telephone compaanies do not keep track of their locations. They just assign blocks of numbers. Payphones are designed mostly for out going calls not recieving calls.

Although I could be wrong, I don't think anyone from the Payphone companies collects the money from their phones. I think the business owners where they are placed collects the coins and is latter billed for a percentage or set fee for the use of the phone. Phones placed onstreet corners and the boondocks excluded of course.

Tracking down annoying phone calls is how a lot of us Sorabjiites found our way here.

By Ray on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 11:31 am:

This number shows up on my caller ID 718-788-8951 and display show NYC transit, trying to find out where this payphone is....

Thanks

By George j. harris on Saturday, December 29, 2001 - 03:19 am:

ok can you guy help or not, i need an address to go with this number, in lonview, tx. 903-753-7562, i believe it is a pay phone by a motel or restraunt mabe , my wife is missing and made a call from this phone to a friend in the past 24 hrs. i am at least 10 hrs drive from there and need some help please , if you have any sugestions they would be listened to. my e-mail is (gjh_711@yahoo.com) or (crewzin@pocketmail.com)

By J on Wednesday, January 2, 2002 - 01:15 am:

Your wife has had it with your crap,she is dumpimg you,accept it.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, January 2, 2002 - 09:41 am:

Or, she's gone off her nut. And, you're better off.

By Czarina on Wednesday, January 2, 2002 - 11:40 am:

Let it go.She's gone.Maybe she has good reason.Maybe not.

But she left you,and called a friend.Not you.

If you are sincerely worried about her well- being,pass this pay phone business onto one of her family members,or close friends.

But leave her alone.

By Jazzy on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 10:32 pm:

I am trying to locate this payphone number.
    765-664-0268 I know it is in Marion, Indiana but can't find the exact location. Can someone help me?

By Dave on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 07:13 pm:

I was curious about a pay phone. It was on dateline a while back, and I want to call it. It was in the middle of the dessert somewhere in the USA. They showed the phone and there was nothing around it, just a phone in the middle of the dessert. If anyone knows or thinks they know what I am talking about, please tell me. I can be reached at Habilidades_locas@hotmail.com

By Nate on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 08:39 pm:

mmm. pudding.

By heather on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 01:30 am:

and the phone gets all sticky and the ants are pretty annoying

but i did see something about a phone in the middle of the plains or desert somewhere

By heather on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 01:48 am:

By LoneStranger on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 07:15 pm:

I've got $240 dollars...

...worth of pudding.

Now, I know what you're thinking.... Where did I get $240?

Shhh....

Don't you worry your pretty little head.

LS

By patrick on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 01:14 pm:

what.

By Nate on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 01:20 pm:

what.

By Redhead on Friday, June 7, 2002 - 09:14 am:

To Pamela,
    The phone company does not always give out addresses for payphones - hence, boards like this might be helpful.

By Driver101 on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 04:52 am:

i am searching for aphonetel payphone in waynesboro,tn 931-722-6032,location or any info. thanks

By JJ on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 02:50 am:

Everyone seems so nice and helpful on this board maybe you all can help me. My husband and I are 1600 miles apart and I think he's lying about where he's staying.He calls from the same payphone every night.It is one of the ones that don't accept incoming calls so I can't call and find out where it is.I'm very prego and marriage depends on this info.The number is 407-351-9432. It comes up on caller id as redimart westwood.If anyone can help it seems to be you guys.Please help.All I need is an addy and I can piece the rest together myself. Thanks.Please email me with any info

By CELL FONE USER on Saturday, July 20, 2002 - 11:40 pm:

HTTP://WWW.TRACFONE.COM

I PURCHASED MY FIRST CELL PHONE TODAY. I WAS A PAYPHONE CUSTOMER, (PLACING BETS AT THE RACE TRACK) MY DAYS OF USING PAY PHONES ARE NOW OVER.

THE PAYPHONE IS SOON GOING THE WAY OF THE
    WESTERN UNION TELEGRAM.

PROGRESS, LIFE MOVES ON. OBSOLETE IS REPLACE BY
    NEW TECHNOLOGY. THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

By Lisa on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 01:00 am:

GREAT WEB SITE!!! I am trying to tie calls to my stalker - Is the number 801.768.6XXX out of the Salt Lake City Airport by any chance? Thank You!

By Wondering on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 11:17 pm:

Where is (720) 587-9978? Is this a business phone, a personal phone, a pay phone or what? Who does this number belong to?

By Smiley on Monday, July 7, 2003 - 11:36 am:

I got called to my cell phone from that same number (720)587-9978. Should I be worried?

By Joe on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 09:12 pm:

The number 720-587-9978 is from a calling
    card. it is a prepaid calling service
    system. If that number appears on your
    caller-id that means the person who called
    you is calling using a prepaid phone card.

By Butterflygirl on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 08:22 pm:

AAAHHH!!! i am so fed up with this!!! i keep getting calls from pay phones around here to my cell phone..i think i know who it is..my stalker..and i am being for real..i called the phone company and all they will do is say press *69..that doesn't help because i have the numbers!!!! i've tried to do the reverse number thingy on whitepages.com...can someone help me..
    the numbers are, 864-220-1557, and 864-574-9756
    my email is a_butterfly_princess2006@yahoo.com any help would be appreciated, thanks

By TBone on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 12:04 pm:

Have you called them?

By Rocket on Saturday, August 2, 2003 - 11:36 am:

To the lady attempting to find the Algonac Michigan phone number, Algonac is located on the St. Clair River north of Detroit Mi. It is a small community with a couple of pay phones. Are you still getting those calls?

By Jo on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 03:10 pm:

Can u please tell me the location of payphone 416-744-2506? It's in Toronto, Canada somewhere. Thanks,

By Phil on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 08:19 pm:

I keep getting harrasing calls from 973-227-9669 and 973-575-9846 they appear to be in Caldwell, NJ. Can anyone help me find the address of these phones

By Ambergirl on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 07:29 pm:

Hey anyone out there from the Tacoma WAshington area or just "in the know" about how to get these payphone numbers. I've attempted to call them back but get only an ugly beeping. I am a single 30 year old mother of two, new to the area so these persistent local calls just do not make any sense!!! Help please (253)5849011, (253)5849041, and (253) 9848030. Thanx

By Califgal on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 05:32 am:

720-587-9978,
    412-200-9978,
    402-517-9978,
    404-461-9978,

These are the numbers on caller ID from our Sam's Club prepaid calling card via AT&T.

By J eff on Wednesday, September 1, 2004 - 07:13 am:

getting strange call from 9013699561 can any 1 tell me where this payphone is

By You suck on Thursday, October 7, 2004 - 03:46 am:

your all a mob of pediphiles

By BRIG on Wednesday, November 3, 2004 - 11:38 pm:

I`M TRYING TO LOCATE A PAYPHONE WITH THE NUMBER 334-397-4722

By Wish on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 11:07 pm:

865-297-9978
    412-200-9978

Are the same calling card system. I continue to recive
    anonymous calls via the calling cards.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact