something left to live for

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: something left to live for
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Rusty on Monday, June 15, 1998 - 05:47 pm:
    I thought i had nothing left to live for, and had, at times, entertained the thought of leaving this realm. Then the "Payphone Project " came into my life. A cause. Oh, how I gathered numbers from my past and noted the ones from my present as it went along. But to my chagrin, payphones in my area are outgoing calls only. Now I can think of one thing only.........what a huge long distance bill my employers are going to get for my payphone calls halfway to Texas and back! Don't blame me, I'm a product of the "system"!

By
SpeCial_eD_iN_oZ on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 01:08 am:

i live in oz and you americans have it pretty cruizy. take for example your phone system, evrything is above ground and mostly easy to locate. in australia we have a different tone dialing system, our networks are optical and underground and about one in thirty houses have a "beige" box thats easy to get to. nobody in australia is willing to give clues on Mr. Ts (telstra) system and the weakness's entailed in such. your australian payphone site is closed down from the browser im using and i havent finished yet. im going to build an australian "blue box". i have all the docs on the jolly box and the other coloured boxes from pearl to cheese but noone has left any info on a "tru-blue box" if someone has tried this before could you let me know what i have to change to make it compatible or even if it wont work here at all. underground tunnells and drains are a good way to get into the black wires of Mr.T. in the states, your phones have the green, red, yellow, black wiring over here its white, blue, black, red. thats one example now another, you have telephone lines poles and all. we have manhole covers and hydrogen filled optic lines. all our junctions are locked. most of the countries payphones are outgoing calls only. but this you should already know. i need some help over here (i live in vic) so if some oz phreaks could give me some clues on how the system works post here or email me.

By Marjo tong on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 01:39 am:

when were you last in the US? 1950? were you even an egg yet in 1950? does any of this make sense to you? we have dairy queen and burger king here in the USA and in oz you have giant lizard men and dogs with tiger stripes. we have hershey, penn. and george W bush and you have chimpanzies on chains and tea with the queen. we have flaccid asparagus and you DON'T EVEN HAVE ASPARAGUS. over there in oz you have silicon mattresses and greek laundries and manson cults anddo you know what? WE HAVE ALL THOSE TOO. we're not so different you and i. we're both large men, not in height. we're both thick skulled. we're both descended from eastern european peasantry put in baskets and smuggled into english towns where we were put to work cleaning teeth from the cobble stone streets leading to the rainbow forest. we're both criminals in mind and body and spirit, sent to the lowest depths of the mudfilled caverns of HEN PARTY and pushing through to the other side dressed in teddies woven from the strings of countless tampons. do the math, not a single OB in the bunch. oh, but you don't have OB in OZ do you. you have furry grass doormatts with suspenderesque straps. you have groundhogs and rubber bands and brittle little bones in the tips of your fingers that shatter when you play piano. DON'T YOU?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact