Call back code?

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: Call back code?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By The Man on Saturday, November 28, 1998 - 09:56 pm:

Hey, does anyone know what the code is on payphones where you dial it, hang up, and the payphone starts rining? I used to know.. but I forgot.

By R.C. on Sunday, November 29, 1998 - 01:06 am:

This is totally out of my league/but I suspect the code is different depending on which carrier the payphone is linked to. The ringback code for a NY Tel payphone in Manhattan wdn't work for an Intellinet payphone in the Bronx/or wherever. And now that everybody & their brother is in the payphone business/there cd be a million different codes.

But you might try e-mailing Mark Thomas. He knows abt such things.

By Jim on Thursday, December 3, 1998 - 07:46 pm:

the number is 991 and the last 4 digits. wait till you hear the dial tone the hang up for a second. pick back up. you will hear a steady beep. hang up the in a few seconds it will rind

By DSM on Saturday, December 5, 1998 - 05:04 pm:

In Ameritech parts of Indiana, the ringback code is usually 777+the 7 digit phone number. The phone clicks and then a brief dialtone comes on and off real quick. Hang up the phone immediately after the dialtone stops, and it will start to ring about 15 seconds later.

By The Man on Sunday, December 6, 1998 - 04:32 am:

And I almost forgot, who was the 34th president of Madagascar? Was it Qalid Moodabe or Ab Chub? Thank you for your time and complete attention. I appreciate it a lot. Thank you again and I hope you all forget to take showers. Buh bye now!

By Qualid Omar Nescoomah on Wednesday, December 23, 1998 - 07:24 pm:

I'm not quite sure about the 34th president of
    Madagascar but is there any chance we could send
    both the Clintons there hesto-presto?

Qalid Omar Nescoomah.

By SkipJack on Monday, January 11, 1999 - 02:45 pm:

When i was in NYC i used 660 and the last 4 dig. but in time u had to use the ope 7 thats ok though. i havent foundout the code for ATL yet. i know that 998 and 989 are interesting exc's too. I have been phreaking for a while and have tons more info..cantdivulge here email me at Skipjackal@aol.com or this one: Sugarpup@aol.com

By PavoniaNewport on Tuesday, January 19, 1999 - 12:17 am:

550 551 or 558 and the last 4 dig is how it works here in New Jersey Bell Country (Yes, I know It's Bell Atlantic but I still remember the days when each state had it's own entity, even if it was Bell Atlantic owned)

PnPt

By J. on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 10:30 pm:

i need the code so that i can acsess`from area code 510 (eaST BAY S.F.) TO AREA CODE 650 REDWOOD CITY CA. THANKS J.

By Thablob on Friday, March 10, 2000 - 02:15 pm:

skipjackel please email me with all the cool info

By J on Friday, March 10, 2000 - 02:28 pm:

Hey there is another J? What should I do about this?

By Gee on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 04:31 am:

I know how you feel, dude. We letters of the alphabet are Always being immitated.

By J on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 - 11:05 pm:

i know.

By Dirt bag joe on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 - 11:06 pm:

Shut up u stupid letters!!!!1

By Beat it hard on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 - 11:08 pm:

the # is 911 or 411. j/k. its 692 in north cali. k

By Practice on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 01:23 am:

in NZ

By Python on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 06:18 pm:

In the UK the no. is 175. Well it works on a house phone, so no reason why it shouldn't on a payphone.

By PHONE MAN on Wednesday, June 4, 2003 - 09:00 pm:

I THINK THIS IS COOL. IF ANYONE KNOWS THE CALL
    BACK CODES FOR ILLINOIS PAYPHONES,WISCONSIN
    PAYPHONES, AND THE NORTHEAST PART OF OHIO SUCH
    AS CLEAVLAND, AKRON,ETC... PLEASE RERSPOND

THANKS A BUNCH

By PHONE MAN on Wednesday, June 4, 2003 - 09:04 pm:

I THINK THIS IS COOL. IF ANYONE KNOWS THE CALL
    BACK CODES FOR ILLINOIS PAYPHONES,WISCONSIN
    PAYPHONES, AND THE NORTHEAST PART OF OHIO SUCH
    AS CLEAVLAND, AKRON,ETC... PLEASE RERSPOND

THANKS A BUNCH

By Will on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 10:08 pm:

como puedo desbloquear mi telefono Nokia 8260 con Su ESN:255

By WHOSHIVESAGIT on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 10:51 pm:

WhAT IS IT IN hOUSTON Texas? aNYBODY KNOW?

By Dre on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 07:56 pm:

who knows about d.c. and maryland

By Expert on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 07:49 pm:

For Maryland try 551,552,550 or 991 see
    if that works. For DC I'm not sure yet

By Nelson Muntz on Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 12:53 am:

Anyone know what Los angeles' code is?

By Mr. Payphone on Friday, December 12, 2003 - 06:01 pm:

Try 692, That's what it is in northern California

By Darrin Stephens on Monday, December 6, 2004 - 09:57 pm:

I think Illinois is 511. As for Ohio the code is
    usually 958 or 955

By Al.F on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 09:07 pm:

Wussup the code in Upstate NY to get the ring back is 660 and the last 4,hit flash or hang up then pick up..You'll hear a steady tone,hang up and it will ring back..It works on most of the phones in my area,,New Paltz NY,It works on house phones too..And if you don't know the phone number just dial 990 and listen for it..Does anyone know the pay phone codes to make free calls..I know it use to be 102160 then the area code and number,But that shit don't work no more..So if anyone got it,then give it up..PEACE

By XxAkOnZxX on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 07:36 pm:

How bout Connecticut? Anyone Know?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact