Toronto Canada ???

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: Toronto Canada ???
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By The Mechanic on Monday, March 22, 1999 - 02:53 pm:

Do you know of a site that has a listing of Toronto Canada's payphone numbers????

By Hello on Friday, April 9, 1999 - 08:12 am:

You are really quite sad arent you? I think you should go and get a life you sad git!

By Wisper on Wednesday, April 14, 1999 - 01:42 am:

just go to the Payphone project, Ontario, area code 416.
    good luck.

(most of those listed won't take incoming calls, because they're new Bell phones. Don't ask me why, I didn't post 'em!)

By Anon on Monday, August 9, 1999 - 01:09 am:

As of a visit to Toronto area in July99 all payphones have been set to NOT accept incoming calls. This seems to be a trend also in the USA set into operation by the paranoid authorities who seek to control any means of somewhat anonymous communication.

By Jboxr on Monday, August 9, 1999 - 12:13 pm:

Well, until they figure out how to stop beige-boxing, those 'paranoid authorities' will have much trouble in control any/all means of anonymous communication.

You know, beige boxing and cordless phones make for lots of fun...

By Maltbeer on Friday, January 7, 2000 - 07:33 pm:

What the heck is going on? Yahoo states that this site has a listing of Canada's payphone #'s.

By Gee on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 05:49 pm:

My keyboard is really filthy. I mean it's quite disgusting. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can clean the tiny inner areas without spending lots of money?

By _____ on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 06:58 pm:

i take mine apart and run it through the dishwasher. for 20 bucks, you could get a new one.

By Isolde on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 08:27 pm:

Um...canned air works really well. Just blast it i there.

By _____ on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 08:59 pm:

yeah, but it doesn't get rid of the grime. just the dust and crumbs and the shake.

By BK on Sunday, January 9, 2000 - 06:15 am:

put it on little blocks (at the edges, so any springs don't go running)
    take out any screws,
    pop the cover.
    most keyboards have some kind of plastic 'spring' system between the keys and the circuit board (that is really three pieces of plastic, two with circuit traces on them) and the backing. keep track of where the 'springs' are and make sure they go back in the right places. Otherwise pull the shit-head apart and throw it in the dishwasher. {sans metallic/sensitive parts} and you got a brand new fucker to play with.

And if you really screw it up, it isn't that costly to replace.

By Patrick on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 12:06 pm:

submerge in rubbing alcohol, swish, let it dry for an hour or two, should be good as new. Alcohol evaporates quickly, my techie once said this is good for coke and other beverage build up

By cyst on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 11:48 pm:

how should I clean my tape deck?

soak a q-tip in rubbing alcohol and then just rub the parts that look dusty?

I already did the liquid sponge fake tape method. but it still looks dirty.

By Gee on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 12:22 am:

we don't have a dishwasher.

is putting my keyboard in alcohol really okay? the idea makes me nervous. Plus you'd have to have a lot of alcohol, wouldn't you?

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 01:15 pm:

thats all you need to do cyst, and gee, if you are unsure ask any techie or anyone around here like nate, antigone or sorabji or whoever else has tech knowledge.

By Bk on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 01:32 pm:

cyst, yeah thats about it, just make sure that when you are cleaning the read/record head that you move the swab in the direction of tape movement, not across it. A shot of CO2 into the player will clean out any dustbunnies also. (should be done before cleaning with alcohol)

By MememememememME on Tuesday, April 4, 2000 - 08:46 pm:

i can't bellieve you're wasting the time and resorces of this valuable service with this stupid
    YEAR-LONG conversation!

By J on Friday, April 7, 2000 - 11:22 am:

I can,t believe you keep track of time,this is Sorabji,there is no time or space here.You keep that kind of talk up and a house might come down from the sky and put you out.

By Ceph on Sunday, April 9, 2000 - 11:33 pm:

I use Icky Poo to clean my keyboard.

Don't worry, not a nasty link.

Basically, I already owned the stuff, and then I happened to read somewhere that it could be used to clean your keyboard, so I tried it and it works really well! Removes anything loose but doesn't mess up the keys.

Uh, if you can't tell what it is, well, it's hard to describe but it's sticky and stretchy and gelatinous and they used to sell something like it molded into an octopus that you could throw against the wall and watch climb down or into a hand that you could stick against the wall or pick up pieces of paper with.

Anyway, good stuff, and saying to yourself that you have a keyboard to clean gives you an excellent excuse to buy it !

(can be bought in any overbearing national chain of bookseller i.e. Barnes & Noble)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact