Cellfone Events

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: Cellfone Events
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Cellust on Thursday, May 6, 1999 - 03:24 pm:

Does anyone know of cellfone events??

By Little Anal Ann on Thursday, May 6, 1999 - 04:09 pm:

Is that anything like and elephant's tent?

By Cellust on Thursday, May 6, 1999 - 06:19 pm:

No...seriously. However, if you know of a pacyderm w/cellfone...let me know. Mobilefones can incite the beauty of spontaniety and ... well, you probably get the idea. Similar to the recent West Coast perf. art production "Portrait of My Life As An Answering Machine"...

By Cicero on Thursday, May 6, 1999 - 09:01 pm:

Are you related to Sallust, he of the Cataline Conspiracy and the Jugurthan War?

By Cellust on Friday, May 7, 1999 - 11:16 am:

I have not yet done geneologic tree..."Cell'ust"...a bit of a play on a few level...(1) Very close to my actual name (2) Penchant for interest in cellfone antics, i.e. "Cell lust" and (3) "Ust"=Underground storage tank...I'm an environmental analyst in law firm. Sallust is mythical or actually was involved in Catalin/Spanish movement? Cicero, are you history scholar?

By Markus on Monday, May 10, 1999 - 12:22 pm:

Whoops, I'm in the wrong neighborhood again.

By JboxR on Tuesday, May 11, 1999 - 07:15 am:

Gee, I thought the guy was playing the Cello!

By The Watcher on Monday, January 5, 2004 - 01:39 pm:

Could all you Cell Phone users Pllleeeaaassseee not tie up the network with looonnnggg calls to your friends.

I need to be able to reach my handicapped wife at all times - that is the only reason I carry a cell phone. It is getting rediculous trying to make a call and having the network so busy it takes fifteen minutes just to make a short call. And, this is no exageration.

I know for some people this is their only phone. But, not for the majority. So please remember the number of channels available in any cell network is limited. If you must have long conversations with your friends and relations wait until you get home and can use the land lines. They are usually much clearer. And, you won't be tying up those limited channels.

Thank you.

By The Watcher on Friday, January 9, 2004 - 03:31 pm:

One other quick thought.

What is it with people yacking on these things in the grocery store?

Every time I go to the store I see at least two or three people yacking away on their cell phones while they're doing their shopping. Usually it is women I see doing this. But, not all the time.

And, they are the dumbest things these people are yacking about on the phones. "What dress they are going to wear to the office party," "Did you see what happened to him/her," "I'm sooo misstreated at work," "My kid did this...".

Give it a rest.

I've seen people get their cell phones and start dialing while they are trying to back out of their parking space.

What in the world could possibly be sooo important that they cann't wait to talk about.

No wonder so many local governments want to ban cell phone use in cars.

By Antigone on Friday, January 9, 2004 - 04:38 pm:

They are all channeling my mom. She calls me from everywhere and talks...and talks...ant talks...about whatever is on her mind. She only does this when her fiance is out of town.

Thank god he's coming back soon. :)

By TBone on Friday, January 9, 2004 - 07:04 pm:

I've noticed that more and more people can't handle silence. Lots and lots of people leave their televisions on all the time for background noise. I don't know if it's a need to be entertained or what...
    For some people, their cell phone is their entertainment. They can't just sit somewhere, alone with their thoughts. As Pink Floyd and Douglas Adams have both said, people need to keep talking or their brains will start working.
    Owning a cell phone very nearly brought me to psychological ruin. This was largely because I knew a couple people who'd call me on it all the fucking time about incredibly trivial things.

By The Watcher on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 03:03 pm:

My wife has the TV on 24 hours a day. Mostly tuned to game shows.

She says it keeps her mind active.

She's probably right. We don't have to many friends that will call her. I just wish she would turn off the damn thing at night. If I turned it off she would wake up immeadiately and turn it back on.

I do set the sleep timer on it though. After I'm asleep who cares.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact