Finally -- A Movie For All You Payphone Freaks!

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: Finally -- A Movie For All You Payphone Freaks!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By R.C. on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 03:05 am:

I never thought I'd see the day...

Okay/which one of you guys wrote the script for this?: Phone Booth

From the blurbs at CA/I'm definitely intrigued. Supposedly/Will Smith was up for the lead/but wanted too much $$. So who are you guys hoping will be cast as the protagonist?

By Margret on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 03:26 am:

I'm not a payphone freak, but Tim Roth maybe?

By R.C. on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 02:45 pm:

Naaaahhh -- Tim's been the baddie too many times. I'd be rooting for the sniper to shoot Tim.

It needs to not be an A-list star. Or not yr usual A-list star (i.e. Cruise/Travolta/Cage). Someone very Everyman. Kind of avg. looking. But smarter than the avg. bear/so we'll believe he actually manages to match wits w/this guy & keep himself from getting shot.

How abt Tim Robbins?

Or wait -- Paul Newman/if he'd work for scale? He hardly ever works anymore. But he's supposed to have a terrific-sounding movie coming out this year w/Linda Fiorentino (one of my favorite bad girls): Where the Money Is

By Margret on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 02:50 pm:

Anthony Edwards?

Forrest Whitakker?

Bill Paxton!!

By H on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 03:09 pm:

Anyone not named Kevin Costner

By Nate on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 03:10 pm:

i'd do it for free.

By R.C. on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 04:12 pm:

Yes Nate -- but wd the public pay to see you?

Bill Paxton wd be good. Bill Macy wd be better.
    But I still think Tim Robbins is my 1st choice.

By Nate on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 04:33 pm:

the public paid nearly $2 billion world wide to see leonardo dicaprio fuck kate winslet on a sinking ship.

By Bagpuss on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 04:41 pm:

No, they paid all that money to see the monkey faced gimp freeze to death.

Well I did anyway.

By heather on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 05:27 pm:

rc, pretty harsh response for someone who expresses such nate-lust

and NEVER DO IT FOR FREE

By Margret on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 06:15 pm:

Well I'm sure if Nate had a publicity machine, we would all want to pay to see Nate in the flick. I mean, if he could act at all. Even a little.

But...

Well...

I think we ARE his publicity machine. And we suckn at generating the Nate frenzy, apparently.

By Nate on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 07:15 pm:

i don't want a frenzy.

i want to act a script written by a cohen.

produced by a zucker.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 11:02 pm:

How about the actor who plays Oswald on the Drew Carey show?

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 11:08 pm:

and R.C.??? where did you find that???

By Margret on Monday, May 24, 1999 - 11:22 pm:

that guy IS yummy.

but way too cute to be everyguy.

By R.C. on Tuesday, May 25, 1999 - 12:42 am:

See -- I KNEW Nate was holding' out for the ART!

(Can I pick 'em/or can I pick 'em?)

Nate: A Coen bros. piece wd be very good. But the next Aronofsky project wd be even better! "Pi" just scratched the surface of what this guy can do.

"Requiem for a Dream" has already been cast/but his remake of Proteus is still in Pre-pro.

Have yr people call my people. I'll be in NY from the 5/26 til 6/2. (212-802-9975 -- yes/that's my real NY #.)

[And PJ -- I know stuff like this becuz I have No Life & I love good movies -- which are few & far btwn. And you can find abt abt damn near anything that interests you on the Web.]

By TheFelid on Wednesday, September 1, 1999 - 06:29 pm:

It's strange to find such articulate messages on an internet message board... I'm a Coen Bros. fan myself -- Miller's Crossing and Barton Fink are my personal favorites. You can find the script for Barton at my site (http://pages.zoomnet.net/~lidowski/), but I would be appreciative to anyone who could direct me to a copy of the the Miller's Crossing script...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact