tenerife

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: tenerife
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
PAUL WIGGLESWORTH on Sunday, August 8, 1999 - 06:45 pm:

yes if any as actually heard of this tiny island As i no most of you yanks are not really up
    with european obscore islands,
    if you do know ...please could you advise of any
    site that will give a telephone directory
    for the island.

cheers big ears,
    PAUL.

By Spoon on Sunday, August 8, 1999 - 09:27 pm:

i like
    to format

my messages

and get
    my wording right

because
    i
    dont
    to
    reread posts
    that dont make
    sense
    the first time round

By Sarah on Sunday, August 8, 1999 - 09:55 pm:

the name Tenerife always makes me shudder. not only have i heard of it, i've been there.

it was awful.

the guy i lost my virginity to was a suave brit from Surrey on exchange at my high school. he was a grade older than me. for summer vacation he took me to tenerife, and it was an entirely horrible experience, except for being my first time abroad. he behaved badly the entire time, and i was too young and too dense to think of getting on a plane and leaving him there.

thus commenced what turned out to be the beginning of a decade of romantic relationships, all of which eventually turned ugly, then crashed and burned.

Fuck the Brits.

um, except Joanne.

By Spuck on Monday, August 23, 1999 - 07:12 pm:

You want to find a website with Spanish phone lists. Tenerife is part of Spain, and there is one phone company in Spain: Telefonica. You can go to their website at www.telefonica.es, but ironically, the link to their white pages is broken.

Go here and clicky-click your way to Spain: www.teldir.com. They link to Telefonica's white pages, and it actually works. Unfortunately, I forget which province Tenerife is in, which is necessary information on their website.

BTW, payphones in Spain do not accept incoming calls, but there are quite a few privately-owned payphones (in bars and the like) which do. These will usually be connected to the establishment's regular line.

By U.k.Ziggy on Monday, September 1, 2003 - 01:03 pm:

Sarah,hope you got over it.were'not all the same!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact