RING ME

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: RING ME
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Paul uk on Monday, April 30, 2001 - 01:45 pm:

YO.. MY Name is paul i live in liverpool in the uk ...... ring me 07950 348455

By moonit on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 02:30 am:

No.

Scouser.

By Slothrop on Tuesday, May 1, 2001 - 05:49 pm:

most assuredly there are better, more effective ways to meet people than that. my number is
    *singing*
    8 6 7 5 3 0 Niiii-i-i-ne

and just for the hell of it:

554843 05970
    em gnir ..... ku eht ni looprevil ni evil laup si emaN YM .. OY

for a fun afternoon pastime, place your monitor infront of a mirror and decode the secret message!

By JboxR on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 10:09 am:

Wait! I figured it out with my Captin Crunch
    Secret Decoder! I'll be damn! Those things
    actually work!

Oh, yeah, people from the UK suck! So do their
    cars, their queen and their dead princess!

And they can't pronounce the letter 'T' -
    dumbasses...

By DMC on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 01:30 pm:

JboxR.
    The people from the UK don't suck ok the cars, the queen and dead Di do, but America can hardly boost with their shit cars and their illiterate president.
    Although the fact remains WE invented the fucking language so it must be you who is mispronouncing.

By J on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 01:52 pm:

JboxR...it's not like DMC is french.

By droopy on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 02:38 pm:

it's a little known fact that the english spoke with what is now thought of as the "american accent" until 1782 - before the paris peace talks in which britain recognized the united state's independence and surrendered british land from the Mississippi River to the Allegheny Mountains to them. king george 3 ("the madman across the water") then ordered that all english citizens would henceforth speak in a snotty, condescending accent - especially to those loutish yanks.

By Spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 02:58 pm:

I heard that it was a duchess of some kind, who was good friends with the Lord headmaster of all English public schools, who decided that the R and short A sounds were the ugliest phonemes in the English language, so she got her headmaster friend to teach all school children her preferred pronunciation. It was around the same time you mention.

I learned this when I studied Shakespeare in high school. Shakespeare spoke with something close to an American accent.

By Dmc on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:10 pm:

Hmm the American education system shows its true colours(not colors as many Americans spell it) again.

By Spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:21 pm:

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can deny the truth.

By J on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:21 pm:

Hmm,maybe you do have some french in you,why don't you try a yahoo fight room?Then you can put down not just us Americans,but try your luck with some Canadians and Irish or whatever.

By Spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:23 pm:

Yeah, notice how the Irish accent has the hard R sound? More evidence to support droopy's and my claim.

By droopy on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:26 pm:

it's competely true, english doude - the current english accent is a symptom of the the loss of its empire. what spider said sounds like something the british fed the american educational system to hide the truth.

By DMC on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:28 pm:

OK a quick test what years did the second world war start and finish?

By droopy on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

'39 to '45. it began when britain invaded poland.

By DMC on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:43 pm:

Correct dates except it was Nazi Germany who invaded Poland lol.

By patrick on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:43 pm:

MIND THE GAP

do i need to pull out the Big Bad Book Of British Dentistry?

By droopy on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:50 pm:

sure, dmc - that's what you'd LIKE us to think.

By DMC on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:51 pm:

If u want but i'll have to start talking about American Presidents(starting with George "Dubbya" Bush) now I know u don't want that.

By patrick on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:54 pm:

actually i'd like to see what you know about it. We hear our own perspective (and occasionally a rattling Aussie persepective *emoticon*) enough...I would be interested to see what your impressions are.

I thought France invaded Italy.

By DMC on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:58 pm:

Well i must say that his first hundred days in charge weren't the best of starts.
    France invade someone, no chance

By droopy on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 04:04 pm:

george bush is the greatest american president since benjamin franklin.

By DMC on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

And i thought most Americans didn't understand sarcasium.

By Nate on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 04:07 pm:

so how goes the empire? between your colonies in india, africa, the new world... you must be doing great!

i hear it's like a non-stop BBQ over there.

By DMC on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 04:12 pm:

The fact that there is only one site where cattle are burnt doesn't seem to stop the "intelligent" Americans from thinking they can catch Foot and Mouth.

By DMC on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 04:15 pm:

The fact that there is only one site where cattle are burnt doesn't seem to stop the "intelligent" Americans from thinking they can catch Foot and Mouth.

By Cat on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 04:20 pm:

I really can't work up the patriotism to support DMC today. Besides, I am a committed republican...and no, that has nothing to do with your bunch of blokes who use God like a bloody vibrator on the public clit.

Actually, I really don't like the English much. They still have a certain unfounded sense of superiority which goes back to when they did the whole crusade thing. And to add insult to injury, they have my favourite pub in the whole World right in their backyard and that's just not fair.

By droopy on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 04:44 pm:

one of my ancestors on my mom's side was hung as a british loyalist after the american revolution. we've made it a habit to be ant-british ever since.

By spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 04:49 pm:

ha!

By patrick on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 05:26 pm:

"sarcasium". Is that another oddball british spelling? If its an honest spelling, I, of all here, understand.

Yeah you would have thought being kicked out of America, India, Australia and finally China they would gain a sense of humility Cat.

Go figure

By Cat on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 05:32 pm:

They haven't been kicked out of Australia, sadly. The English Queen is still our head of state. They still get advertising space on our flag. Grrrrr.

By Nate on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 05:44 pm:

but you're up for parole in a couple years. i'm sure eventually they'll leave you alone.

By moonit on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 02:50 am:

Same as New Zealand. Some bigwig in the council was very upset that Christchurch was going to miss out when the Queen comes visiting whenever the hell she's meant to be coming.

I do a good accent tho when I'm drunk. Posh or Scouser.

Right then Sorted.

By JboxR on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 02:56 am:

DMC, how is it that you automatically assume I'm
    from the US? Anyone who's read my postings knows
    that I reside in Japan...

But putting that aside, why is it that some
    people just can't take a little cri'icism? <g> I
    simply point out a few (of the many) bad points
    of being Brittish and you jump all over me like a
    black labrador (sp?) in heat?

I must agree with Cat - the Bri'ish sah'enly 'ave
    an unfounded sense o' superiori'y. I think
    they're just sore because they know they are only
    second rate...

By JboxR on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 02:57 am:

What is it that Monty Python said? "Embarassment
    - it's all part of growing up and being
    Brittish..."

By DMC on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 12:54 pm:

Reside? u mean u got out while u still could?

By JboxR on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 08:33 pm:

Oh, are you Brittish?

By DJC on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 06:18 am:

Any one know where I can buy a Brittish flag ring like Ozzy's. I wear an American size 17.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact