!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SANONFRE!!!!!!!!!!!

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SANONFRE!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By JoEThE KiDDiK EhTEoj on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 05:41 pm:

y9o4u k9n4o9w m2e! p9o0w6e2r plant>>> s1o9l4i7t7i4a9r1e

By wisper on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 05:53 pm:

congratulations, you have just won post of the day!

By Nate on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 06:44 pm:

i definitely have an erection.

By Keebs on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 08:02 pm:

the relevance and importance of joe's post depends
    entirely on your perspective...
    to the untrained eye, it may seem trivial...
    but to some, it might just be a Majestic Truth.

(and Nate, you should have that checked)

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 - 08:55 pm:

you know me power plant solitiare

By patrick on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 11:32 am:

WAY TO GO GRABOWSKI!!!!!

every erection should be checked, and rechecked..lubed, goosed, greased, gassed and all fluids be replaced.

By Nate on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 01:03 pm:

goosed?

By Mr. monopoly on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 04:59 pm:

a3l5l o6f y7o8u s0h3u4t t5h2e f3u3c4k u5p!

By Nate on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 05:22 pm:

holy shit! secrets!
    flulclklylolul,lylolulalslsl.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 05:25 pm:

Main Entry: 2goose
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): goosed; goos·ing
    Date: circa 1880
    1 : to poke between the buttocks with an upward thrust
    2 : to increase the activity, speed, power, intensity, or amount of : SPUR <an effort to goose newsstand sales>

By Nate on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 05:52 pm:

ah, righto. as my erection does not posess buttocks, you intended definition 2?

obviously, i always think of thrusts into buttocks. i tend to forget the second.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 06:00 pm:

its a good word to know.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 07:19 pm:

ironic of the example they used in the last definition as that is exactly my job. goosing newsstand sales.

By Cat on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 07:30 pm:

It's not irony, it's coincidence.

I'm campaigning for the death penalty for people who misuse "irony".

By patrick on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 07:36 pm:

oh shut up you complaining ninny.

it fits this definition just fine

"incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result "

By Cat on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 09:04 pm:

I'm sticking with Mr Webster -

I"ron*y (?) , n. [L.
    -ironia , Gr. speech, fr. F. -ironie .]
    of confounding or provoking an antagonist.
    2. A sort of humor, ridicule, or light sarcasm,
    which adopts a mode of speech the meaning of which is contrary to the literal sense of the words.

I still say your example was coincidence, not irony. SHOW ME THE IRONY!

Whenever something is weird or coincidental, people say it's ironic. But it's not and they should be strung up and have a million poodles rape them.

And don't tell me to shut up, I refrained from mentioning that you had at least five spelling and grammar mistakes in your 35-word-post bitching about how your parents didn't push you enough intellectually. Ironic?

By Nate on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 09:05 pm:

cat is right, pricktrick.

you're wrong.

you should be used to this by now.

By Cat on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 10:48 pm:

Nate saying I'm right?

What universe is this again?

By HA on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 07:09 am:

nate's universe. we just live in it.

By patrick on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 11:30 am:

eat dick all of you.
    nate your blessing of right and wrong is of no consequence.

im comfrtable wit my usag of the word ironic. cat stop counting grammr and spelling mistakes thats pathetic. your refrain from condescention on my other post is nt candy for me...so don't wave it in front me as if it were. you should take some hard drugs cat and pll that boomer rang out of your ass. maybee youll sart to see whats really important.

By Cameriere Spunky on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 11:37 am:

How was everything? Does anyone need a box?

By patrick on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 11:39 am:

Speaking (writing) grammatically correct, TO ME, looses some individuality. I wouldn't want someone to speak to me like a text book. How boring. Im talking to individuals here, not sending a business letter. I'd like to think my words are taken for content, and not trivial grammatics.

How come no one lectures the poet on grammar?

Do you break rules cat?

By Nate on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 11:54 am:

it's not a blessing.

are you claiming poetic license with your misuse of ironic?

you should try ironic's cousin mo.

a more apt describer.

pools of semen.

By patrick on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 12:08 pm:

no, i would never claim anything i say poetic, ever.

By patrick on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 12:15 pm:

here cat:

Karma Repair Kit: Items 1-4

1. Get enough food to eat and eat it.

2. Find a place to sleep where it is quiet, and sleep there

3. Reduce intellectual and emotional noise until you arrive at the silence of yourself, and listen to it.

-Richard Brautigan
    The Pill vs Spring Hill Mine Disaster

here nate:

At The California Institute of Technology

I don't care how God-damn smart
    these guys are: I'm bored.

Its been raining like hell all day long
    and there is nothing to do.

-Richard Brautigan
    The Pill vs Spring Hill Mine Disaster

(written January 24, 1967 while ooet-in-residence at the California Institute of Technology)

i think maybe I'll go on to read this book for a 4th time.

By Nate on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 02:12 pm:

i want to be an ooet when i grow up.

or an bovelist.

By patrick on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 02:24 pm:

i gear ya

By Spider on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 02:32 pm:

The Fever Monument

I walked across the park to the fever monument.
    It was in the center of a glass square surrounded
    by red flowers and fountains. The monument
    was in the shape of a sea horse and the plaque read
    We got hot and died.

-Brautigan

By droopy on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 02:35 pm:

"oo-" - prefix meaning "egg."

"-et" - diminutive suffix.

ooet = little egg.

you've already been an ooet, nate. then you got fertilized and your cells started to divide.

By droopy on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 02:44 pm:

karma repair kit item no. 1 made me think of a quote by melville which i read in a henry miller novel:

the food of the body is champagne and oysters, feed it then on champagne and oysters. the food of the soul is light and space, feed it then on light and space.

i think i'll go to the liquor store, the take-out oyster bar, and then to the park.

By Spider on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 02:47 pm:

Skip the liquor store. Go to the florist's and bring a lily to the oyster bar, then go to the park.

By droopy. on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 03:11 pm:

don't worry, spider. i just finished a chicken-fried steak sandwich with hot sauce and an iced coffee. my karma's fine.

was by my old house the day before yesterday. you should see the arrangement of flowers and angels my old mexican-american neighbors have on their front lawn. their best work yet.

By Nate on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 03:12 pm:

o spider, how i want to get completely obliterated with you and play poker with the cards i've gathered from catholic funerals and CCD.

By droopy on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 03:26 pm:

if any sorabjiites meet spider, they must play quarters.

By cyst on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 03:29 pm:

I used to go to CCD. No one has ever been able to give me a credible answer to my question of what that acronym stands for.

By heather on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (CCD)

By Spider on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

thank you, droopy. my mind is at ease now.

you should ask your neighbors for suggestions for shrines. i bet they'd be spectacular.

i started working on crimson's. i'm using a picture of St. Lazarus. Not the one who rose from the grave...the other one.

I'm no good at poker. I play a mean gin, though. I like gin & tonics, too -- there's an evening for you, Nate.

By Nate on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

i went to CCD from 1st until 10th grade. actually, they started calling it PSR sometime in there. probably because no one knows what CCD stands for (except heather) (PSR- parish school of religion).

in 10th grade i attended up until they started practicing the confirmation ritual. i told my mom (something to the effect of) that she would be very embarassed if i was granted even such a limited audience with the bishop.

i'm up for that, spider. i don't know if i'll kick your ass at gin, but i'll drink you under the table.

By patrick on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 03:50 pm:

i'll kick your ass at gin spidey.

since mrs waffles and i have been laying low, we have been playing a lot of games.

She usually plays under the name Red Canyon and im Jet Nelson, making up the names is the best part.

By Spider on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 03:53 pm:

You're right -- you'd be under the table, and I would be seated primly in my chair. 2 is my limit.

Every time I look at the title of this thread I see !!!!!!!!!!!ASSONFIRE!!!!!!!!!!

By Spider on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 03:56 pm:

We use Scrabble names. I've been Bear, Nurse With Wound, Drooler Prime, Jack Skelton, and others.

We also use names when we go out. Last time I was Joan and she was Smythe.

By patrick on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 03:59 pm:

Nurse With Wound

very strange band

By Spider on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 04:04 pm:

I've never heard them. I only like their name.

By cyst on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

my ex-roommate's cat used to be very disturbed by nurse with wound.

I used to love ccd until sister rose found out that the couple who taught the class every monday night weren't into the seven sacraments and all that boring shit, but rather demonic possession and exorcisms. they would go on and on about the hauntings they had seen and the ways of the devil. I don't know who squealed on them, but one week we suddenly had a boring guy who wanted us to memorize the dates of immovable feasts and the like.

By patrick on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 04:14 pm:

they are/were a UK experimental band. A roomate once had a 10" with Stereolab. Think disturbing Spiritualized

By Cat on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 05:05 pm:

Patrick with Wounded Ego.

What are immovable feasts? I always adored it when our nuns told us about exorcisms and stigmatas and all the weirdo stuff.

They made us all read a book about a 15 year old girl who had fought off a knife-wielding rapist and had been canonised because she died a martyr to her virginity. I think she was another Saint Therese. Anyway looking back now, it was a pretty unhealthy and dangerous lesson to teach young girls.

By wisper on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 06:00 pm:

one of my second cousins is a bishop.

eeek

i did my confirmation. I didn't care enough to even bother not doing it, and besides, it made my dad happy. And they took me out to dinner. Further proof that religion is meaningless for children.
    The bishop they wheeled in for us was so old he had a helper holding him up and walking him around, and he had to whisper our names into his ear before he shook our hands.

The nun that they brought in to prepare us for all this was a trip. If we got too rowdy she would threaten to revoke our baptisms. What the fuck was that about. We had no cool hellfire lectures though, just the usual glory and power and love thing. I'm jealous.

By Nate on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 06:55 pm:

fuck bishops.

By sarah on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 08:04 pm:

!!!!!!!!ASSONFIRE!!!!!!!!!

By Spunky on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 08:09 pm:

I thought it was the other way........
    bishops fuck

By HA on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 07:36 am:

my experience with CCD:

nun to class:

God made all of us

me to nun:

but who made God?

nun to me:

big frown

no answer

none of my questions were ever answered as
    a child

CCD 101

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact