Verizon responds

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: Verizon responds
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By 7of9 on Wednesday, September 12, 2001 - 07:35 pm:

Kudos to Verizon. As a result of the devastating attack at the WTC, Verizon is allowing free local calls from Manhattan public street phones and the phones are temporarily accepting incoming calls.

By Some really sick pups in this world eh on Wednesday, September 12, 2001 - 07:55 pm:

As if the folks in Manhattan will rush to answer payphones amidst the bedlam, you sick fucko.

By M on Wednesday, September 12, 2001 - 09:27 pm:

i'm not sure that that was the point

By Freephone Frank on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 07:25 am:

Amidst reports of price gouging at gas stations in the Midwest, I find it refreshing that Verizon would put the communication needs of New Yorkers ahead of profits during this time of crisis.

By Helpless at verizon on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 06:11 pm:

Verizon should show compassion for those impacted by the devastation. Verizon tried to keep its employees from evacuating the Verizon building adjacent to the World Trade Center. Evidently making a few dollars was more important than human life. Verizon employees are among the missimg and the dead.

By X on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 06:18 pm:

Yes, M, and it was a fucken sick point too. It issues from a very sick mind. It is one thing to be a bunch of foul mouthed slobs who belittle and insult one another, as evidenced by the content of this message board, but where do we draw the line? The post was not about the benevolence of Verizon but it was in the context of "lets call people in Manhattan just for the fun of it." A really nice thing to think of at such a time. It goes beyond any mean spirited shit ever written here.

By Trace on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 09:03 pm:

x is new here, yes?

By agatha on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 10:37 pm:

point is flying over your head, x.

By Antigone on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 11:46 pm:

Fuck you, you X.

But, seriously X, I think your reaction displays your own nature quite lucidly. Sometimes sickness is in the eye of the beholder.

By No fuck u on Sunday, September 16, 2001 - 02:24 pm:

Fuck you, you inbred asswipes. The point flies over your tiny little minds. It is your responses and your treating with levity the catastrophe in NY and DC that reveals your mental pathology. So I am sick because I take this tragedy seriously? If you think so that you are the sick pups in the house. Another sad point is when you ask a question here you are either ignored or insulted but when you are making a valid observation all the assholes come out of the woodwork. Just like it takes a calamity for people to show their 'goodness'. Yes, leave it to a bunch of sick fuckos to think of payphones at a time like this.

By agatha on Sunday, September 16, 2001 - 02:51 pm:

seriously, you may want to read that message one more time before you go spewing your bile all over this board.

By Antigone on Sunday, September 16, 2001 - 03:02 pm:

d00d, if you don't like it here, leave.

By Mr.Payphone on Sunday, September 16, 2001 - 09:22 pm:

One of my peers was in the WTC when it was hit. He got out but, he had to witness people jumping to their deaths. No one should have to live with that vision. Verizon is matching employee contributions to the disaster relief efforts 3/1. They've donated cell phones, offered free local service from payphones and have worked around the clock to restore communications. I'm proud to be a Verizon employee, and I'm proud to be an American.

By Czarina on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 01:27 am:

I resent being called a slob.

FYI,when I read the first post on this thread,my reaction was that I thought it was a very generous
    thing for Verizon to do.

Not once did it come to my mind to,"just call people in Manhattan,for the fun of it".

The very fact that that is how you interpreted it,speaks quite clearly of the soundness of your mind.

By dave. on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 02:33 am:

x, you turn me on.

By Antigone on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 10:11 am:

X, if you look at the first WTC thread, you'll see people on this board concerned and worried about others. We're a community here, not just "a bunch of sick fuckos." We care for each other, and we care for you. dave even wants to fuck you up the ass, apparently. Take his huge blue cock for what it is: a gesture of peace.

By Margret on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 10:35 am:

Oh my gawd, shut the fuck UP. Why are we all so fucking compelled to be RIGHT all of the time? Shit.

By Antigone on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 11:42 am:

Hmmmm... If I say I don't always want to be right, then I'm trying to argue with you, and thus trying to be right. If I say I do always want to be right, then I always want to be right.

Right?

Bravo, Margret! :)

By Margret on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 12:40 pm:

How right you are!

By Czarina on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 01:23 pm:

So,who's right?

By Antigone on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 01:48 pm:

The Tao

By Rodney King on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 06:33 pm:

Can't we all just get along?

By Grapost on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 12:32 pm:

You all need to shut the fuck up at this point. It seems you all don't have much of a life if you sit behind a computer monitor arguing anonymously with one another on moot points. Do you really think you will change each other's viewpoints? Go back to exchanging your stupid payphone #'s. Better yet, why not donate some blood, money or time to the relief effort for the atrocity that has taken place here instead of the petty tit for tat.

By Beavis Butt-Head on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 02:24 pm:

Uh huh huh huh you said tit huh huh huh huh

By The Watcher on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 05:46 pm:

You obviously have not spent much time here in Sorabji land. So I'll excuse the ignorant posting.

Sorabji.com is divided into many areas. The Payphone Project being one, it was how I found my way here.

In each area you will find many different kinds of people. Just like any other part of society.

Here we pass a lot of useful information and idle chit chat. As well as course insults, One liners, ect.

If you had read more than a few postings you would have noticed most of us are deeply concerned with the WTC/Pentagon/Pennsylvania situation. And, I can assure you most of us have done something towards helping the victims.

So I will politely ask that you Mr. (another assumption here) Grapost read more before you condem the denisens of Sorabji.com. Until you know more about us you can stick your opinions where the sun don't shine. Then once you are excepted into this comunity will your insults be excepted.

By Grapost on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 10:55 pm:

Why is it acceptable for you and others here to be insulting beasts then? You sure don't make any newjacks feel welcome either. A friend of mine asked a simple question here once on how to submit a number to your site and she was met with nothing but rudeness. So don't be so self-righteous and hypocritical.

and...

It's "denizens" asshole.

By dave. on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 11:31 pm:

nobody's making you click that link. some things work
    differently in different places. everyone here has received a
    heaping ration of shit at one point or another -- usually
    unwarranted. many more have simply decided it's not how
    they wanna play. it's your choice.

why don't you tell us about yourself so we can ridicule you
    for no good reason?

By dave. on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 11:31 pm:

nobody's making you click that link. some things work
    differently in different places. everyone here has received a
    heaping ration of shit at one point or another -- usually
    unwarranted. many more have simply decided it's not how
    they wanna play. it's your choice.

why don't you tell us about yourself so we can ridicule you
    for no good reason?

By .evad on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 12:48 am:

?nosear doog on rof uoy elucidir nac ew os flesruoy tuoba
    su llet uoy t'nod yhw .eciohc ruoy s'ti .yalp annaw yeht woh
    ton s'ti dediced ylpmis evah erom ynam .detnarrawnu
    yllausu -- rehtona ro tniop eno ta tish fo noitar gnipaeh a
    deviecer sah ereh enoyreve .secalp tnereffid ni yltnereffid
    krow sgniht emos .knil taht kcilc uoy gnikam s'ydobon

By Jerry Garcia on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 11:30 am:

Can't we all just get a bong?

By The Watcher on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 01:11 pm:

I never ridiculed anyone about posting numbers to this site.

I knew I misspelled "denizens". But, my eyes aren't working just right at the moment.

I recently had cataract surgery. And, everything's kind of blurry. I can't waite for grocery night; when I'll have to read my wife's list. That will be real fun.

By Grapost on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 02:59 pm:

No thanx.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 03:48 pm:

big baby.....

By Alex on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 06:32 pm:

hmm, i dont know about the rest of you regular sorabjiiteans but i feeol we are being unreasonably stereotyped here! as it has been said, it is not just about payphones here, but everything under the sun. Sure there is joking and rudeness amongst eachother, but no more than in any group of friends.

If you have any sense of humour whatsoever then it will not be insulting, simply funny.

sorry, but thats just the way it is here.

I too found this place thorugh the payphone site, like The Watcher. allthough it was not untill a year later that i frequented its messageboards.

Sorry, most of that had been said already, but im ill today so my brain isnt really in gear!

By peter on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 09:19 pm:

hey, alex is a regular! hee hee!

By Bob Hope on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 07:47 am:

I wasn't regular till I started drinking prune juice.

By Jo on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 11:49 am:

Try correctol

By A. patriot on Thursday, November 8, 2001 - 12:22 pm:

X you are just a sick puppy.

America is the best country in the world. We even let vomit brained jerk offs like you mouth off purile shit. But dont ever laugh at those poor folks at WTC. The very idea that they would even want to make free calls is sickening to any decent American.

Send X to Afghanistan - they wouldnt stand for his shit.

By Colon Bowel on Thursday, November 8, 2001 - 01:45 pm:

shut up ugly american.

By Alexander Graham Bell on Thursday, November 8, 2001 - 03:38 pm:

CUNTS!

By Marlboro on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 08:00 pm:

FYI, so called colon bowel. Colin Powell will be the first black american president.

He will ensure we have a free democratic world benefiting from a pax americana. This whole thread about WTC is sick. Lets look to the future of an integrated american society and a free world of peace and harmony.

they musnt die in vain we have to get along in brotherly love and the truth that Colin Powell will bring to the eyes of a new world

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact