Kuala Lumpur pics?

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: Kuala Lumpur pics?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Pretty Gorgeous on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 07:12 pm:

This site would be sooo much better if you had some pics of payphones in KL. Maybe even a really artistic one with the Petronas Towers in the background.

I'd also love to see some payphone pics from Vietnam, but I know that's just impossible.

By droopy on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 04:57 am:

it's almost 3:50 am right now. i got fairly drunk on rank tequila early in the evening, sobered up on a burger with extra jalapeņos around 11 pm, then started drinking rank tequila again. that kind of late night drinking that no longer has any real effect but is still necessary.

i was sitting out on my back porch drinking the rank tequila - leaning against a wall in my chair, facing west toward downtown. various buildings have those random floors or windows lit; makes you wonder if anyone is in there and what's going on. i can see the bank one building, which is completely dark because it's all boarded up with plywood because it had been gutted in the tornado. it was supposed to be demolished this month, but no one wants to see a building blown up.

when i look south i see a 30-foot cement wall. at the top of it is iron railing, gnarly trees, and a harsh lamp that keeps the parking lot lit up almost as bright as day. above all this is the only constellation you can make out in the sky in any direction: orion.

fort worth has always been quiet at night; people from large bustling cities think it sounds dead, like your in one of those twilight zone episodes where everyone on earth disappears. sitting there drinking rank tequila i can hear crickets, the hum of the lamp, the few 3 am cars shearing along the wet road. in all that relative silence a faded crayola-brown chrysler with bass booming drove up to the apartment next to mine on the road on the the north-facing front. i could hear them rapping on the front door. whatever they were there for, or whether they were successful or unsuccessful, i don't know; but the left fairly quickly and boomed off and i was left back in the quiet. the night was pleasant, but now i started feeling cold and i went back inside.

every second of this was totally devoid of payphones.

By patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 11:44 am:

waking up....this morning....misreading my alarm clock...i thought it said 7:55, when it really said 7:25. Considering its set a half hour ahead of REAL time anyway...this freaked me. I jumped out of bed...looking out my window...i see the most beautiful sunrise i've seen in a month. The last one being in the desert on my way to vegas. the sun has not quite made it past the hillsides due east of me...so there is a radiant orang glow....with frosty cloud patterns above and a sea blue sky...still dark just around the corner.

the cat is under the blanket, prickling my underarm and yankee shirt in her hypnotic, infantile show of affection.

as usually, i have to pee, and my body is informing me, in its usual...exclusively male way.

upon getting up, noticing that its unusually dark for my usual wake-up time i check the clock, realize the correct time...and my error. I crawl back into bed.

i didn't bother to take a leak.

all of this, with no payphone in sight.

By Patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:46 pm:

Im a total loser

By patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:54 pm:

you still don't get it do you.

i have god in my pants.

By Patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:56 pm:

and I love God too

By Patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:57 pm:

God is in my heart

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact