Why I think that payphones are cool

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: Why I think that payphones are cool
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Bunnie on Saturday, November 10, 2001 - 10:33 pm:

dammit, payphones are cool!
    they just are
    the are almost everywhere we go
    they have phone books right by them
    and if anyone has anyother reasons why
    payphones are cool say it!!

By The Watcher on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 04:22 pm:

I haven't seen a phone book in a payphone in ages.

By Mr. ymca on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 01:24 pm:

i agree payphones are cool

By WEBMASTER on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 03:26 pm:

THE REASON YOU DONT SEE PHONE BOOKS IS BECAUSE THE U.S. FIRE DEPARTMENT COMPLAINS THEY ARE USED AS INCENDIARY MATERIALS IN VANDALISTIC ACTIVITY.

WE NEED TOUCH SCREEN RELAYS SO WE CAN ACCESS WEB BASED PHONE BOOKS.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 04:04 pm:

thats a brilliant idea cockmouth. Then it would cost around $15.35 to use a god damn pay phone if they had screens hooked to the web.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 05:19 pm:

I think that was very rude. He was just offering an idea to the world. New ideas are usually more expensive at first, but then they price goes down to mass produce them.

I think it is a very good idea, even if it would raise the cost of a phone. I mean, you can get an operator to look numbers up and it costs more, why not do that with this?

LS

By patrick on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 06:22 pm:

that was a joke right? Your joking arent you?

P

By Czarina on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 03:17 am:

I like the idea,too.

[Maybe it could be like a video camera with naked, cute, male operators,to help you find your number.I'd pay extra for that.]

It's not a bad idea,really.
    Cz

By Nate on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 04:46 am:

naw, patrick, he's not joking. he's just smarter than you.

it doesn't have to be a full screen to the web. it could be a two color, low res screen. it's just words, afterall.

you know, like an atm.

which are all over the place.

hey, you could combine atm and phones into one booth.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 11:25 am:

thats just as preposterous.

atms are involved with a different kind of transaction all together, often charging a dollar a more per use.

pay phones are already a dying breed considering more and more have cell phones. havent youy noticed that the major phone companies no longer own most of the pay phones, and further they've increased their price over the last year or 3.

any further investment to enhance payphones is not a feasible investment.

hows the web page bucko?

are you back in CA?

drop a line.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 03:31 pm:

I couldn't believe it.

I used a payphone yesterday for the first time in a few months and Verizone had upped the price from 35 cents to fifty. What a rip off.

I'll stick with my cell phone when I can.

By SKIPPYOFTOLEDO on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 10:20 pm:

HEY, REALLY THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY. AND LETS FACE IT, HEY PRETTY MUCH SAYS IT ALL. IT ASKS HOWYA DOIN, IT SAYS IM HERE! IT DOESNT PISS YOU OFF AND WHEN IT DOES IT DOESNT MAKE AN APOLOGY. SOMETIMES IT SAYS HEY BABY YOUR LOOKIN FINE AND OTHER TIMES IT ASKS IF YOUR GOING TO FINNISH THAT WINE? BUT ONE THING YOULL NEVER HEAR FROM HEY, IS SEE YA.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact