Abuse

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: Abuse
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dave on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 02:53 pm:

Phone this number and give them a load of abuse :-

+44 (0)7833 572 296

Cause they stole my phone!

By Phurio on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 07:35 pm:

If they stole yer phone, it would not have the same number, assmar.

By Dave on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 12:25 am:

It does have the same number as it was my cell phone, and they have kept the same number, how stupid are they? lol

By Christopher on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 01:31 am:

How stupid are you for not having it shut off? Do you really think we're as sophomorishly dim-witted as your insufferable self? Please, do the world a favor and stick your dick in a light socket.

By Dave on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 03:03 am:

Hi Christopher, I tried that but I can't get as much of a shock as when you open your mouth. For god sake if you have nothing constructive to add then don't say anything, didn't you learn anything whilst at school? Or maybe your still learning humanity and decency? Go home little boy I believe the ice cream truck is visiting! Get an ice cream headache, knock yourself out! No PLEASE knock yourself out, please, I say please 10 times with sugar on top. Can I be the one with the anvil slamming it over your head? Oh go on, you know you want to.

By Dave on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 03:06 am:

By the way it's a pay as you go mobile so it's pointless having it switched off as it runs off credit and not on contract. Besides I tried to get it switched off and the network refused. Needless to say I am pissed.

By eri on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 12:10 pm:

Obviously Dave. Damn. Ouch. I feel sorry for Christopher now.

By Christopher on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 12:36 pm:

Gee Dave, how much more detail will you add before anyone believes your preposterous tale of the evil phone company that won't deactivate the number on your stolen phone?

By Dave on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 07:27 pm:

Gee Christopher, if you lived in the UK and tried this you would understand that it's not within the company's best interests to shut off the phone. And even if I could get them to deactivate it what good is that going to do me? I am not paying anything while it's being used.

Anyway my first initial message was one of a request, as far as I know a single message is not holding a gun at someone's head and making them do it. So if you don't wish to comply with my original request then simply don't but there was no need to hurl abuse at me.

By Christopher on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 02:23 am:

Dave, first you post a "call this number, they stole my payphone" message, which sounds suspiciously like you're trying to give someone a lot of grief. How many times have you walked into a restroom and seen "call this number for a good time" scrawled on the wall? I have to count myself lucky that I live in a place where if my phone is stolen, I can simply ring up the phone company and have the damn thing shut off, as opposed to simply resigning myself to the loss while the thief whiles away his leisure time making calls to Guam on my dime. I'll admit, I'm mystified how you aren't losing money while it is still being used...didn't you say that it's prepaid?

What possible reason can they give you to NOT shut the service off of the phone? What hideous scam outfit would have a policy of "Once it's activated and paid for, its out of our hands until the money runs out, regardless if it's stolen or not". I suppose if the individuals begin phoning in bomb threats to Parliament on your account, the policy might change, but as long as they are playing nice, its all OK in the eyes of the law.

I tend to get cranky about privacy issues, Dave, and would be happy to retract my recommendation that you have sex with your electrical appliances. You obviously have enough on your hands worrying about some anonymous asshole using your phone to call Tony Blair and threatening to level Picadilly.

By Joe on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 02:45 am:

how stupid is this?

By Scotland Yard on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 03:14 am:

Perhaps you could report it as stolen,and they could track down the phone offenders?

Sometimes,JUST, sometimes,they can monitor where calls are being received from.

This IS 2002,you know.

I like Christophers original idea.

By Dave on Monday, May 27, 2002 - 10:24 pm:

The mobile phone is on pre pay account, meaning you buy vouchers for it to add call time, and anyone can do this as long as they have the cell phone. You pay the mobile company for the phone outright so once you have done this they really don't give a sh*t. I used to think that the network I was on would be good if my phone ever got stolen but needless to say they are not.

I don't see how my original request could be even be misinterpreted as a message on a toilet wall. Please give me some credit.

I have been incontact with the police but they don't care as they only give you a crime number for insurance, but as I don't have insurance on the cell phone then the crime number is useless and so are the police.

One thing that does really surprise me is the fact that this thief has kept the same number and is using it, how stupid it that?

And if Scotland Yard above could get involved that would be good, but I doubt it very much.

As for Scotland Yard's idea, yeah great idea but they can't pin point the exact location of the mobile only a mile radius I think (Don't hold me to that but I know they can't pin point the exact place the mobile is calling from). Which still means unless I know what this guy looks like and the exact place he's in even Scotland Yard and 2002 technology can't help. And also I am not important enough to get the police to drop everything and get my mobile back, there are much more important things they are getting on with.

Anyway I am bored with this conversation and will not be replying to any more messages, all I can say is thanks to everyone who has replied and again thanks to anyone who called. But please note I am NOT making you call this number, only do so IF you seriously want to give this guy abuse for stealing my cell phone. Thanks for your help.

By Artack on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 07:19 pm:

i know 27273785555* can shut off the phone but is there any other numbers

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact