720 587 9978

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: 720 587 9978
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By WONDERING on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 03:37 pm:

Anyone have any idea where in Colorado this phone could be.(street please)...Thanks

By Dougie on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 03:53 pm:

Mulberry Street would be my guess.

By 720 587 9978 on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 06:36 pm:

Dougie............Thanks

By Curious Callee on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 09:24 pm:

720-587-9978

Did you ever find out who/where this is? I received a call from this number today.
    Thanx!

By Lilacs on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 09:09 pm:

I also received a call from this number 720-587-9978.....you cannot call it back.....it says it is a prepaid calling service......I live in Canada and know no one in Colorado!!! Can anyone solve this mystery?

By J on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 10:09 am:

Phone card?????

By J on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 12:57 pm:

I called it,it was a prepaid calling system,so it was a phone card.

By ArcelsAngel on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 03:48 pm:

Yes it is a Phone Card. I was trying to figure out who in the world was calling me. I thought it might of been my best friend, since it was Colorado for the area code. Figured out that it was my Mother. She can't call long distance because she took it off of her phone because my sister was calling so often to her friends in many towns over. She got her calling Card at Sam's Club! Awesome Deal I think she spent 20 or less for over 600 Minutes.

By Bdmason on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 08:15 pm:

Does anyone know what Company sells the phone cards with this number??
    Thanks

By Beka on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 12:12 am:

So weird. I couldn't figure out who was calling me from this number, either. Can't they do something about it? I was like: shit, someone got transfered. Yeah, ^thanks^ for suffering so I'd have knowledge.

By J on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 02:04 am:

So I take it I can fuck with somebody and they can't tell,Tommy can you hear me...

By Wtf on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 09:59 pm:

So is this just a number from a calling card or is somebody trying to call using this calling card number?

By F on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 09:17 pm:

A friend called me 3 times from the same phone in another state using the same prepaid phone card each time. My Caller ID recorded a different number each time. One was 720/587-9978. The other two were in AZ and NE.

By Bags on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 02:12 am:

Do we all have the same friend? I got called here in Toronto from this number too.

By J on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 02:21 am:

Calling Card.

By Jf on Saturday, September 28, 2002 - 02:52 pm:

My sister in Washington called twice this month, both times this number showed up on my caller id.

By Nick on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 07:47 pm:

Just got a hangup call from someone that callerid my wife's cell using this number. Interesting that it is probably a call from a calling card from some random number that is now concealed..it would almost be worth having a calling card that did that so that at the right time, I could hide my phone number without a *67.

By No on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 06:52 pm:

boy am i glad i somehow ended up here... ive been trying to find out whos # it was for a couple days now!... im actually a little disappointed to tell you the truth.

By Rick From Pa on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 04:48 pm:

Ok, so we have come to the conclusion that it could be someone we know using a calling card trying to call us? It is not a tele-marketer (sp?) or some collection agency or something?

-Rick

By Pats Cheese Steaks on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 06:17 pm:

eat me

By Cj on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 09:56 pm:

It's an AT&T calling card.

By Ab on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 10:01 pm:

btw, they're cut off when the call goes to voice mail, so they can't leave a message.

By J on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 01:51 pm:

Nick,what's the wife been up to?

By K from IL on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 01:18 pm:

I just got called at 12:13 am....720-587-9978...It's a colorado number....so if it is a calling card would they be calling from Colorado??

By MAW_Alaska on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 05:39 pm:

Well , they're calling Alaska too , someone with way too much time on their hands has an AT&T card , or AT&T's sytem has been hacked

By patrick on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 05:55 pm:

hey whats shakin?

By patrick on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 11:38 am:

god dammit.

you dorks are getting your rocks off with nerd word play over there, but totally over look this timely slice of humor.

GET IT?

It was headline news Alaska had a 6.2 quake yesterday?

C'mon......

By GJC on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 03:35 am:

Got one from each place 720-587-9978 and 402-517-9978 within a week. The 402 area code shows Omaha Nebraska. Calling card. My wife father called using it.

By Meo on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 03:22 pm:

Does anyone know where this payphone is in LA?
    213-380-0776

By Myke on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 05:59 pm:

I am happy I found you guys! I was dumbfounded when i saw the number 720-587-9978, but I think I know who it is now. Damn I thought I was special!! hehe

By JO on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 10:34 am:

We also just got a call from that wierd number 720-587-9978

It was a friend who was using a calling card I guess, but he had to leave a message because we don't answer calls from numbers we don't recognize. People who don't want to be forced to leave a message should only call from their home number. Duh!

JO

By Indiana on Monday, December 2, 2002 - 06:35 pm:

By Indiana on Monday, December 2, 2002 - 06:36 pm:

By Python on Sunday, December 8, 2002 - 03:47 pm:

Is there an echo in here?

By Zeiram on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 05:53 am:

By Python on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 11:34 pm:

Look, PLEASE can someone explain to me what a calling card is?

By dave. on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 02:06 am:

calling card causes inflammation in the small intestine. calling card usually occurs in the lower part of the small intestine, called the ileum, but it can affect any part of the digestive tract, from the mouth to the anus. The inflammation extends deep into the lining of the affected organ. The inflammation can cause pain and can make the intestines empty frequently, resulting in diarrhea.

calling card is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), the general name for diseases that cause inflammation in the intestines. calling card can be difficult to diagnose because its symptoms are similar to other intestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome and to another type of IBD called ulcerative colitis. Ulcerative colitis causes inflammation and ulcers in the top layer of the lining of the large intestine.

calling card affects men and women equally and seems to run in some families. About 20 percent of people with calling card have a blood relative with some form of IBD, most often a brother or sister and sometimes a parent or child.

calling card may also be called ileitis or enteritis.

What Causes calling card? Theories about what causes calling card abound, but none has been proven. The most popular theory is that the body's immune system reacts to a virus or a bacterium by causing ongoing inflammation in the intestine.

People with calling card tend to have abnormalities of the immune system, but doctors do not know whether these abnormalities are a cause or result of the disease. calling card is not caused by emotional distress.

What Are the Symptoms? The most common symptoms of calling card are abdominal pain, often in the lower right area, and diarrhea. Rectal bleeding, weight loss, and fever may also occur. Bleeding may be serious and persistent, leading to anemia. Children with calling card may suffer delayed development and stunted growth.

How Is calling card Diagnosed? A thorough physical exam and a series of tests may be required to diagnose calling card .

Blood tests may be done to check for anemia, which could indicate bleeding in the intestines. Blood tests may also uncover a high white blood cell count, which is a sign of inflammation somewhere in the body. By testing a stool sample, the doctor can tell if there is bleeding or infection in the intestines.

The doctor may do an upper gastrointestinal (GI) series to look at the small intestine. For this test, the patient drinks barium, a chalky solution that coats the lining of the small intestine, before x-rays are taken. The barium shows up white on x-ray film, revealing inflammation or other abnormalities in the intestine.

The doctor may also do a colonoscopy. For this test, the doctor inserts an endoscope--a long, flexible, lighted tube linked to a computer and TV monitor--into the anus to see the inside of the large intestine. The doctor will be able to see any inflammation or bleeding. During the exam, the doctor may do a biopsy, which involves taking a sample of tissue from the lining of the intestine to view with a microscope.

If these tests show calling card , more x-rays of both the upper and lower digestive tract may be necessary to see how much is affected by the disease.

What Are the Complications of calling card? The most common complication is blockage of the intestine. Blockage occurs because the disease tends to thicken the intestinal wall with swelling and scar tissue, narrowing the passage. calling card may also cause sores, or ulcers, that tunnel through the affected area into surrounding tissues such as the bladder, vagina, or skin. The areas around the anus and rectum are often involved. The tunnels, called fistulas, are a common complication and often become infected. Sometimes fistulas can be treated with medicine, but in some cases they may require surgery.

Nutritional complications are common in calling card. Deficiencies of proteins, calories, and vitamins are well documented in calling card. These deficiencies may be caused by inadequate dietary intake, intestinal loss of protein, or poor absorption (malabsorption).

Other complications associated with calling card include arthritis, skin problems, inflammation in the eyes or mouth, kidney stones, gallstones, or other diseases of the liver and biliary system. Some of these problems resolve during treatment for disease in the digestive system, but some must be treated separately.

What Is the Treatment for calling card? Treatment for calling card depends on the location and severity of disease, complications, and response to previous treatment. The goals of treatment are to control inflammation, correct nutritional deficiencies, and relieve symptoms like abdominal pain, diarrhea, and rectal bleeding. Treatment may include drugs, nutrition supplements, surgery, or a combination of these options. At this time, treatment can help control the disease, but there is no cure.

Some people have long periods of remission, sometimes years, when they are free of symptoms. However, the disease usually recurs at various times over a person's lifetime. This changing pattern of the disease means one cannot always tell when a treatment has helped. Predicting when a remission may occur or when symptoms will return is not possible.

Someone with calling card may need medical care for a long time, with regular doctor visits to monitor the condition.

Drug Therapy
    Most people are first treated with drugs containing mesalamine, a substance that helps control inflammation. Sulfasalazine is the most commonly used of these drugs. Patients who do not benefit from it or who cannot tolerate it may be put on other mesalamine-containing drugs, generally known as 5-ASA agents, such as Asacol, Dipentum, or Pentasa. Possible side effects of mesalamine preparations include nausea, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhea, and headache.

Some patients take corticosteroids to control inflammation. These drugs are the most effective for active calling card, but they can cause serious side effects, including greater susceptibility to infection.

Drugs that suppress the immune system are also used to treat calling card. Most commonly prescribed are 6-mercaptopurine and a related drug, azathioprine. Immunosuppressive agents work by blocking the immune reaction that contributes to inflammation. These drugs may cause side effects like nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea and may lower a person's resistance to infection. When patients are treated with a combination of corticosteroids and immunosuppressive drugs, the dose of corticosteriods can eventually be lowered. Some studies suggest that immunosuppressive drugs may enhance the effectiveness of corticosteroids.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the drug infliximab (brand name, Remicade) for the treatment of moderate to severe calling card that does not respond to standard therapies (mesalamine substances, corticosteroids, immunosuppressive agents) and for the treatment of open, draining fistulas. Infliximab, the first treatment approved specifically for calling card, is an anti-tumor necrosis factor (TNF) substance. TNF is a protein produced by the immune system that may cause the inflammation associated with calling card. Anti-TNF removes TNF from the bloodstream before it reaches the intestines, thereby preventing inflammation. Investigators will continue to study patients taking infliximab to determine its long-term safety and efficacy.

Antibiotics are used to treat bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine caused by stricture, fistulas, or prior surgery. For this common problem, the doctor may prescribe one or more of the following antibiotics: ampicillin, sulfonamide, cephalosporin, tetracycline, or metronidazole.

Diarrhea and crampy abdominal pain are often relieved when the inflammation subsides, but additional medication may also be necessary. Several antidiarrheal agents could be used, including diphenoxylate, loperamide, and codeine. Patients who are dehydrated because of diarrhea will be treated with fluids and electrolytes.

The U.S. Government does not endorse or favor any specific commercial product or company. Brand names appearing in this publication are used only because they are considered essential in the context of the information reported herein.

Nutrition Supplementation
    The doctor may recommend nutritional supplements, especially for children whose growth has been slowed. Special high-calorie liquid formulas are sometimes used for this purpose. A small number of patients may need periods of feeding by vein. This can help patients who need extra nutrition temporarily, those whose intestines need to rest, or those whose intestines cannot absorb enough nutrition from food.

Surgery
    Surgery to remove part of the intestine can help calling card but cannot cure it. The inflammation tends to return next to the area of intestine that has been removed. Many calling card patients require surgery, either to relieve symptoms that do not respond to medical therapy or to correct complications such as blockage, perforation, abscess, or bleeding in the intestine.

Some people who have calling card in the large intestine need to have their entire colon removed in an operation called colectomy. A small opening is made in the front of the abdominal wall, and the tip of the ileum is brought to the skin's surface. This opening, called a stoma, is where waste exits the body. The stoma is about the size of a quarter and is usually located in the right lower part of the abdomen near the beltline. A pouch is worn over the opening to collect waste, and the patient empties the pouch as needed. The majority of colectomy patients go on to live normal, active lives.

Sometimes only the diseased section of intestine is removed and no stoma is needed. In this operation, the intestine is cut above and below the diseased area and reconnected.

Because calling card often recurs after surgery, people considering it should carefully weigh its benefits and risks compared with other treatments. Surgery may not be appropriate for everyone. People faced with this decision should get as much information as possible from doctors, nurses who work with colon surgery patients (enterostomal therapists), and other patients. Patient advocacy organizations can suggest support groups and other information resources. (See Resources for the names of such organizations.)

People with calling card may feel well and be free of symptoms for substantial spans of time when their disease is not active. Despite the need to take medication for long periods of time and occasional hospitalizations, most people with calling card are able to hold jobs, raise families, and function successfully at home and in society.

Research Researchers continue to look for more effective treatments. Examples of investigational treatments include

Anti-TNF. Research has shown that cells affected by calling card contain a cytokine, a protein produced by the immune system, called tumor necrosis factor (TNF). TNF may be responsible for the inflammation of calling card. Anti-TNF is a substance that finds TNF in the bloodstream, binds to it, and removes it before it can reach the intestines and cause inflammation. In studies, anti-TNF seems particularly helpful in closing fistulas.

Interleukin 10. Interleukin 10 (IL-10) is a cytokine that suppresses inflammation. Researchers are now studying the effectiveness of synthetic IL-10 in treating calling card.

Antibiotics. Antibiotics are now used to treat the bacterial infections that often accompany calling card, but some research suggests that they might also be useful as a primary treatment for active calling card.

Budesonide. Researchers recently identified a new corticosteroid called budesonide that appears to be as effective as other corticosteroids but causes fewer side effects.

Methotrexate and cyclosporine. These are immunosuppressive drugs that may be useful in treating calling card. One potential benefit of methotrexate and cyclosporine is that they appear to work faster than traditional immunosuppressive drugs.

Zinc. Free radicals--molecules produced during fat metabolism, stress, and infection, among other things--may contribute to inflammation in calling card. Free radicals sometimes cause cell damage when they interact with other molecules in the body. The mineral zinc removes free radicals from the bloodstream. Studies are under way to determine whether zinc supplementation might reduce inflammation.

Can Diet Control calling card? No special diet has been proven effective for preventing or treating this disease. Some people find their symptoms are made worse by milk, alcohol, hot spices, or fiber. People are encouraged to follow a nutritious diet and avoid any foods that seem to worsen symptoms. But there are no consistent rules.

People should take vitamin supplements only on their doctor's advice.

Is Pregnancy Safe for Women With calling card? Research has shown that the course of pregnancy and delivery is usually not impaired in women with calling card. Even so, women with calling card should discuss the matter with their doctors before pregnancy. Most children born to women with calling card are unaffected. Children who do get the disease are sometimes more severely affected than adults, with slowed growth and delayed sexual development in some cases.

By Bmoody on Thursday, January 2, 2003 - 01:34 am:

after searching every damn phone directory on the internet i finally typed in the number 720-587-9978 and your website came up. it makes sense now, i know who called. you guys helped save my marriage. thanx!

By J on Thursday, January 2, 2003 - 03:03 am:

Send a check to Mark.

By Me on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:23 pm:

I got one from this 720-587-9978 number and their voice was disguised. They identified themselves as the "courteous professor". It was about 2:00 am in the freaking morning. Any idea how they could disguise their voice and/or what "courteous professor" means? Thanks :-)

By J on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 02:34 pm:

If he called you at 2 a.m. I think the professor should call himself sarcastic proffessor,I bet the Skipper and Gilligan put the professor up to it.

By jack on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 03:17 pm:

obviously, the professor would have the ability to disguise his voice. he was always making microwave ovens or rockets or whatever out of transistor radios and stuff, wasn't he?

i think mary ann put him up to it. she was probably laughing in the background.

By Me on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 08:32 pm:

sarcastic, yes, but does anyone know what "courteous professor" means?? i sure don't.

By Blucket on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 10:38 pm:

Do a Google search of "Jen Brown, President" AND 720-587-9978

By Splag on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 10:42 pm:

By Blucket on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 10:44 pm:

Re 720-587-9978 -- You're right!!!

Look here:
    http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:55NHTh1Eu8oC:www.newsnetnebraska.org/vnews/display.v/ART/2002/11/01/3dc2fa4cb84b7+720-587-9978&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

By Me on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 07:50 pm:

yeah, but it came from a phone card - you can't call it back - anyone could have used it, couldn't they.. that's what i understand at least. thanks :-)

By Me on Sunday, February 2, 2003 - 08:07 pm:

it was a guy, so it couldn't have been Jen Brown. thanks for looking! anyone else have any ideas? :-)

By Mr. Pete on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 08:07 pm:

Nice service here. I got this number on my phone today. Now I'm gonna look all smart when I call back. "yeah, you used a calling card."

By jack on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 08:59 pm:

Yes, you will look quite smart.

By SWMToTheCorps on Friday, February 14, 2003 - 12:32 am:

i got it today when i was at work on my cell phone...it was a girl and she knew my name...

By Mystica on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 12:06 pm:

Man, I got two calls from this number as well. Since I have a -lot- of family in the Denver area, I thought it might be one of them with a new cellphone or something.. but upon googling the number your site came up..stupid calling cards- I'm no closer to knowing who called me now than I was when I saw the number twice on my caller ID. Now I hope they call back so I can finally figure out who the mystery caller is!

Maybe its time I get my Linuxbox Voicemail software working... :)

By Sally Mander on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 05:38 pm:

Do not act like a bone when there are dogs around.

By K7 on Sunday, March 2, 2003 - 04:00 pm:

I also received a call from this phone number. I was expecting a call from a friend in Texas and this # showed up on my caller ID. As it turns out, it was my friend in Texas. Said he'd gotten 10,000 minutes from his mother for Xmas.

So... this is just a calling card, and nothing more?

By Z on Sunday, March 2, 2003 - 07:32 pm:

A friend of mine just called me, and this # showed up on my caller ID. He was using a calling card. So there it is.

By Kas on Tuesday, March 4, 2003 - 04:38 pm:

I got this call today too. However I think some telemarketers use low-rate calling cards, so if the call came from someone unknown it might be due to that.

By Nuit on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 04:24 pm:

call on home phone from 720-587-9978....gangsta rap playing.....5 minutes later call on my cell phone..........different # 770-657-1021....both #'s on the penguin site....weird

By LAZ on Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 02:34 pm:

Got two calls from 720-587-9987 and one call from 770-657-1021 today on my cell phone, and they both say they are coming from a prepaid calling card. When i answered the first two times, they said something that didn't sound like English, but it is getting pretty annoying!

By Melissa on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 01:53 am:

I recieved a message on 3/28/03 from the 720-587-9978 number, and the message said "Don't you ever threaten me you dumb bitch." I have no idea who I threatened... I'm not like that! DO y'all think someone is just calling random numbers? It's kinda freaky to me, because I've had a stalker before :(

By Fuzzy on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 08:50 pm:

The numbers mentioned in this thread are from calling cards, and *most* of the users of that particular brand card are telemarketers, however, there are many 'normal users' out there using those cards as well. For those of us who don't generally accept calls from numbers we don't recognize, it makes it tough weeding out the nonsense calls when the numbers are set up in this way. I had 18 calls today between the 3 numbers that have been mentioned in this thread, and not a single one of those were from anyone I knew...all were telemarketers! It's been that way on several occassions.

They are generally different companies calling, and I do request being taken off their call list(s), but what an intrusion on my time when there are that many! BTW, I have Internic to thank for it as they are the main place spammers got my phone number & email address to begin with. Since I own several com/net/org domains, and the info you submit to registrars when registering a domain is 'public record', all someone has to do is download the registar's user database, put that info on CD, and sell that CD to others....(we have all probably seen the ads in our email from people selling such a CD of "millions of email addresses and phone contacts").

I wish I knew my user info was going to be passed around like that years ago when I registered my first domains. Giving fake phone number/email info is now a common practice with people registering domains, however, when I started, you HAD to give real info as internic would (and often did)call you if there was a problem registering a domain name.

Sort of makes it pointless to be paying the $2.50 per month charge for having my number unlisted and non-published, eh???

Ok...now a question for anyone who may be 'in the know' on specific phone related stuff....
    I would think, with today's technology, that there must be a way to block 'specific' numbers. I know about, and utilize, 'anonymous call rejection', but is there anything out there for *specific number* call rejection, either telco or 3rd party hardware/software available that any of you know of??

By Arizona on Friday, April 18, 2003 - 02:36 pm:

The number (720)587-9978 is a pre-paid calling card number. Our company gets this number listed alot on our ID from customers who purchase children's toys from our business. We do have alot of customers who buy pre-paid calling cards, and call us when ordering. In some cases we forgot to ask for their number, so when we ID the number we get the (720)587-9978. Unfortunately when a person(who you may know or not) uses a calling card, you will NEVER get the number they are actually calling from, you will get, I guess I can say a generic number for that calling card.....Hope this helps all who have got this number on their ID before.

By Librarising79 on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 01:49 pm:

*SIGH*

Okay, here's my story. The # (720) 587-9978 showed up on my caller ID yesterday. First this guy called my cell. I assumed he was a telemarketer from the way he was talking. He said he was taking a survey and if I participated in the survey I would be mailed a check for $50.00. Yeah, right, but I thought I would give it a shot. I just told him to call me back at my other phone since I was burning minutes on my cell. So in a couple of minutes he calls back, he asks a few questions (not about my SS# or anything like that) and then wants me to try a "relaxation technique". Eventually it was obvious he was looking for somebody to have phone sex with. I said I had to be somewhere and he hung up. I went so far as to report this to the cops before I finally found out that he used a calling card and I guess there's no way to track the guy down. Oh well.......

By CJ on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 10:07 pm:

Everybody, please read the above 4/18/03 message by "Arizona," who incredibly is one of the FEW people posting messages on this site who has managed to grasp the concept behind numbers such as (720) 587-9978 (with its Colorado area code)!

The other day I had a call from a good friend in Ohio, who called from her home, using a prepaid AT&T calling card. After we hung up, I did *69 and the recording said my last call came from (720) 587-9978.

A few months ago, after talking with this SAME Ohio friend, who at that time ALSO called from her home using a prepaid AT&T calling card, I did *69 and the recording said my last call came from (402) 517-9978...which, according to my Google search just now, is a Nebraska area code that's provoking similar responses from people who say they don't know anyone in Nebraska.

By the way, I don't know if it's significant that both of the above numbers end in "9978." Maybe the calling card company (presumably AT&T) has multiple phone numbers, in different states, associated with its cards, and for consistency's sake has acquired phone numbers for itself which have some of the same groups of digits. But the POINT is (as "Arizona" and precious few others seem to comprehend), absolutely ANYBODY can buy a prepaid calling card, which is always gonna have SOME originating number attached to it, whether it's (720) 587-9978 or WHATEVER. From what I'm reading in other people's messages, apparently the cards associated with (720) 587-9978 are sold at Sam's Club (maybe other places, too?), and come with an excellent per-minute rate. Then, whenever the purchaser uses the card to make calls to WHOEVER they call (friends, relatives, total strangers), THAT'S the number that will be announced if the receiver of the call does *69 after the call has been made.

I notice most of the people posting messages about experiences with the (720) number are doing so specifically because the calls they received were peculiar for some reason, which is why they *69-ed the call to BEGIN with (some mention the caller having a disguised voice, or the call coming in the middle of the night, or a threatening message being left, or a whole BUNCH of calls coming from the (720) number). This simply means that if someone "bad" wants to call you without their number being able to be traced through *69, ONE way to do it (besides calling from a blocked number) is through using a prepaid calling card (which also gives them a great rate!).

However, it's obvious to me that (720) 587-9978 is a perfectly "innocent" number that's also being used by plenty of perfectly NORMAL people who just want to make long distance calls at a good low rate - not, as some writers have been suggesting, the exclusive work of one or more pranksters, malicious telemarketers, etc. If someone gets a call from a friend or relative who (whether unbeknownst to them or not) happens to use a prepaid card, typically they're not likely to *69 the call afterward, so will never even REALIZE that their friend/relative (who was NOT in Colorado) somehow mysteriously managed to reach them from a number with a Colorado area code. That in turn means they're not gonna do an Internet search on the number, and find their way to sites such as this one, and write all about a bizarre call they received.

So, to put it all in perspective: when you read all the messages on a site like this one, it APPEARS that the (720) number is affiliated with some malevolent individual(s) or organization(s), because nearly 100% of the people who choose to WRITE about getting calls from that number are those whose calls were of a suspicious nature (in some cases, suspicious ONLY because they don't KNOW anyone in Colorado, and came home to discover through *69 that "someone from Colorado" called them but didn't leave a message). However, the people reporting these experiences on the Internet represent only a SMALL PERCENTAGE of the presumably MILLIONS of calls received from people who happen to use prepaid cards that are associated with the (720) number!

END OF DISCUSSION already!!!

By LVscion on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 09:44 pm:

Weird, I got a call from 770-657-1021 today, then an hour and 20 minutes later got one from 720-587-9978. In trying to figure out who was calling me I did a search on BOTH numbers and found THIS page: http://www.geocities.com/leftreveggplant/

where someone describes receiving a call from the same 770 number, then a call from the 720 an hour and 20 minutes later. Maybe it IS nothing, but it seems strange the same thing should happen to me. Although, unlike the person who put the page up, I had no messages.

By New York Chick on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 07:51 pm:

I got a call from this number today, 720-587-9978
    and it said that it is a calling card number of some sort.. I am wondering who is calling me?

By Girl Midget on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 02:43 pm:

I wish they would leave a message. I just got a call today too!!!

By Military Phone Technician on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 07:47 pm:

This would come from a calling card company. When people dial into their service (the number on the back of the card)they enter the card #, then dial the digits to the person they are calling. When the call goes through the company's system, one VIRTUAL directory number is assigned to their outgoing call. By VIRTUAL, I mean it's like adding a title to the call. So, this could be a VIRTUAL number from any state that the call was made from. In short, don't worry about it, someone either tried to reach you using a calling card, or they just dialed the wrong number like they just did me!

By Pops on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 10:30 am:

Its a calling card

By S on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 09:40 am:

Hot Dang!
    The mystery is finally solved, Gilligan and he Professor are up to no good, probably going to try and boink Ginger,,,
    seriously, this number has been driving me nuts!
    Glad to know it's a calling card :)

By Just another lemming on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 12:06 am:

i'm a receptionist and a guy has called me twice from this number and harrassed me. he could be anywhere because it doesn't matter where the calling card is being used, the same # shows up. this sucks for me. i can't figure out who this jerk is! wish it wasn't a calling card!

By Hole-in-head on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 10:24 pm:

One time I was in a gravel pile and I found a stone that I had never seen before so I put it in my pocket. That was 15 years ago. I keep trying to find another stone like it but so far have had no luck. Over the years it has worn holes through the pocket of six pairs of my slacks. Once it fell into my boot and I walked funny for the rest of the day. Damn stone! Which reminds me, one time I found a phone number on my caller ID ....

By Erin in AL on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 11:15 pm:

ok when someone uses a calling card, it hooks up to servers from around the country. Thus the reason why it shows up on your caller id. I got it on my cell phone when my friend in WI, calling from WI called using his prepaid phone card.

By TooUnfazed on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 07:27 pm:

I've heard that it's also a scam, especially if the person demands to know who you are. They are fishing for information.

I just got a call from 720-587-9978 too, and I googled it and got here. It was this man demanding to know who "EYE" was. I'm like, if you don't know who you called, I'm not going to be the one to enlighten you. He was irate sounding. He said that my number was on his phone bill. So I very firmly told him that it was his problem that somebody in his house called me and to leave ME alone. I didn't dial him up, after all. Now my cell phone is less than two months old. If it was on his bill, that could be from January or early February--it wasn't me.

Reverse phone lookups say this number is in Denver, Colorado, and it's held by ATT. You're right, it could be a phone card. The man actually said he was in my town, Collegeville. Too, too weird!

The next time someone calls to demand to know who I am I'm going to say "Honey, don't your remember me? I was your one-night stand a few weeks back. Didn't I mention I had a bad disease? Ooops!"

TooUnfazed@yahoo.com

By Coastman14 on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 12:06 am:

i got a message from a guy who said he lived in Florida, he called me in regards to my business, he said he lived in florida so i checked the number and i am here

By R on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:10 pm:

402-517-9978 404-461-9978 720-587-9978
    I received calls from all of the above numbers on my caller ID within a couple hours of each other, on the same day.
    I bought an AT&T phone card at a Walmart in Madison, WI just before my daughter went on spring break in South Carolina. She called me several times from their campsite using a payphone with the calling card. Mystery Solved.

Relax, Its just a pre-paid phone card.

By JACK on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 05:27 pm:

YEAH I NO BUT THEY ALWAYS HANG UP Y DO THEY AND WHO R THEY? PLUS I DONT NO NE ONE IN COLO.

By Voodoo Doll on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 02:04 pm:

Happened to me today too! Damn castaways!

By Too busy for this call on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 11:55 am:

Got a call from this number; man looking to buy property in North Florida.

By Pink Panther on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 03:07 pm:

You guys are idiots... the calling card companies have a whole Bank of phone lines assigned by the phone companies across the country. You cant have a phoneline w/o a number ya know... Anyway, they sell calling cards for people who can use them instead of Long Distance on their home phone. There are millions of these things out there, as they are sold by Kmart, Walmart and Sam's club, as well as every gas station in the freakin' free world. No matter who uses it, or where they call from, the caller ID will display one of the numbers, from this assigned BANK of numbers. It will change by area code, and exchange, depending on where the call is placed from and which number is available, for taggin the line in use. AT&T, MCI, and all the other "BELLS" sell these things so that some businesspersons on a budget, as well as phone phreakers and stone cold assholes can call you at home (with any number they make up) and tell you that yer wife/hubby is cheating on you, yer daughter is pregnant, or yer mom is f*cking yer dog. Just block the number and get over it! I used to work for AT&T, so I know what I'm talking about.

By vyvyan on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 03:30 pm:

Your mom is fucking your dog?

jeez, sucks to be you.

By V.v. on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 06:31 pm:

Fucking A ...I was just gonna say that.P.P. is such a prick.

By Candie on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 08:28 pm:

the 4044619978 number is a cell phone number for Lieutenant Governor Division 15 and
    Lt. Governor-Designate, Div. 15
    Lloyd T. Brown
    Spouse: Cathy.
    730 Gholson Road
    Paducah, KY 42001.
    270-488-3363 (Home)
    404-461-9978 (Cell)
    ltbrown@bigrivertel.net

lol...according to http://www.ktkiwanis.info/Leadership.html that page...toodles woodles!

By Susan on Sunday, May 9, 2004 - 02:00 pm:

It's a calling card. It has to be. It's Denver based. I know it's a calling card because my best guy friend called me on my cell phone and that's the same number I got. I had no idea what the number was, but I figure it's a calling card because he can't call me long distance.

By Lin on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 10:32 pm:

We just got a bill from AT&T for a 1 minute call in February, supposely for a call from our home made to 720-587-9978. Glad I found this message board---will know to tell AT&T that we have not been making any phone calls to calling cards. It is funny that they are trying to bill us in May for a February call.

By TooCool on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 01:11 pm:

Hole-in-head, your story is way too funny. Thanks.

By Dazednconfused on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 09:09 pm:

Okay, so little ole me in a podunk MO town got a call from this number...good to know where its finally coming from...

By Tina on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 03:09 pm:

Here's a URL that lists the number as a contact for some shipping agent out of Mercedes Gift shop. Scroll down about half-way to the State of Georgia. ?????
    http://www.monluusa.com/agents.htm

By ASSHOLE on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 05:11 am:

PLATOTHEDICK
    YAHOO

By Last to know on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 01:31 am:

CALLING CARD 720-587-9978
    At this moment used by Charles Blankenship
    or fiancee Karin Adair while working in Iraq for
    Halliburton (KBR). Another love affair overseas
    while both were still married to people here in the US. Out of sight out of mind.

By Cheech on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 02:10 pm:

I have received 3 calls
    402-517-9978 - Nebraska
    720-587-9978 - Colorado
    404-461-9978 - Georgia

They were from my boyfriend, he keep saying he was calling from Oklahoma at payphones, A lot of bs was going on so I wanted to make sure he wasn't lieing so I found this site...So thanks for the site atleast I know it is a calling card.

By GA Peach on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 04:16 pm:

I got 2 calls from the 404-461-9978 # at like 2am on different days and then one last night at 1:30am from 720-587-9978. It was an ex who said he had tried calling me before so I'm assuming he used a calling card and thats where the 404 # came from... maybe only ex's and weirdo's use those calling cards.. hmm..

By HDS in OR on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 06:41 pm:

I saw this number 720-587-9978 on my daughter's cell phone and wondered who was calling her. I instantly used Google to search and found this message board. It is nice to know that one of her friends just has a calling card that they are using, instead of her having long-distance friends that I have no knowledge of. WHEW!

By Worried Dad on Monday, August 2, 2004 - 07:59 am:

I'm In Kansas City and I got a call from this number last night, There was someone on the other end but they wouldn't say anything. heard some sniffles and stuff. my oldest son moved to Tucson early this year and i haven't heard from him in a while. so it got me worried. i guess it's Ok if the card was issued in colorado

By Md on Monday, August 2, 2004 - 03:40 pm:

I just got a call from this person also and so
    did my friend

By Freebird on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 05:31 pm:

I agree, these are only used by crazy X's --
    Go GO Google

By Assdog on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 05:32 pm:

Freebird... good name dipshit!

By Slappy on Saturday, August 7, 2004 - 05:22 pm:

that number i think is what the us military uses to forward calls from overseas. i got a call from it today and it was one of my friends in pakistan.

By Bastard woke me up this morning on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 03:34 pm:

just got the call this morning. 4 in a row actually, 2 from the 720# and 2 from the 404#. the second time he left a message though and it sounded like a man letting out a frustrated sigh. heres the thing though. he actually left an automated call-back number. so i googled that one as well, and it is a house phone from niagara falls, ny. so now i'm on my way out to buy my own calling card to call them back, just for the people who curiously check this site. i hope he is a child molester and wants to touch my young adult balls!

By Ron on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 05:30 pm:

I got a call from 720-587-9978 this afternoon and was glad to find this forum stating it was a phone card. Hope they don't call back a 2:00 A.M.

By Dawnnd on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 11:33 am:

It is a calling card. My dad used this to call me while in IRAQ. you buy thses from SamsClub. BTW

By Susan on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 01:08 pm:

its a sams club calling card

By CURIOUS on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 06:05 pm:

DO YOU RECEIVE ANY CHARGE AT YOUR PHONE BILL FOR THOSE CALLS?

By Tha Operator on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 09:50 pm:

No one knows who or what you call, buy them at Sams, Costco, etc., you dial an 800 number which does not appear on your phone bill. Dial your girlfriend, boyfriend or whatever and CHEAT ALL YOU WANT ON YOUR DEPRESSIING, OPPRESSIVE WIFE!!!! Phew! Sorry I got carried away...but you know, they are the enemy.

Cheers

By JustMe on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 10:07 pm:

Hmmm... just got a call from 404-461-9978. Called it back and the recording said i was returning a call to a prepaid calling card and the calling party could not be reached at this number. I hate it when stuff that like happens! I'll probably be up all night now trying to figure this one out. : (

By Annon. on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 05:02 pm:

Ok here is that deal....people all over the country buy these calling cards at Wal Mart for cheap...and when they call you from where ever you get on your caller ID this number from its base. People sometimes buy these to prank phone people so that there calls cannot be traced.

By MY NAME IS PiPeR DA E.C FINEST on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 06:19 pm:

I don't give fuck nigga cause i am from East Cleveland and when i find out who this person is i am going to go find this little Bitch myself and kill him let it be known this little fucker calls me every 10min. from differnt numbers each time. I killed before and just got out of prison for doing 10 years and i don't have a problem doing it again. A nigga like me can handle this type of shit on own cause i am Black white people just don't know how to handle shit they like to call the police it's a time to play and it's a time to be serious and that time is now and am just keeping it real.

By jack on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 09:09 pm:

not really.

By Its okay on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 05:39 pm:

I really really want to know who called me from a calling card, but I guess I'll never know!

By BMW on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 02:38 pm:

I got a call from one of these calling cards last night. You can be pretty sure that these are now being used by telemarketers to throw you "off of the scent" when using caller ID. The message above where someone said that they'd received a call from that number, followed 20 minutes later by a telemarketing call, shows a common technique. First call by the unidentifiable, yet shown, phone number to find out if someone is home. Once that's established, you're called back by the real salesperson.
    Hey, I think that I'll have to get me one of those cards to use for requesting to be taken off various lists, i.e. fax spams etc.

By Katie on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 04:56 pm:

I have a Sam's calling card and I know either the 404 or 720 number shows up... depending on the phone I'm using. However... now I recieved a call from it, I didn't answer because I was in class. Everyone I know has a cell phone that they can call long distance (my plan doesn't right now, that's why I have the card). But why would someone call my cell phone. Only people I know have it.

By Just another on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 03:21 am:

Just got a call from my lil sis - she's out of state. The # came up as 720-587-9978 and yep, you guessed, she's using the calling card she got at Wal-Mart.

Just reassuring all of you that have been Googling the number that you just got your answer to where the number came from - a calling card used in Whoknowswhere.

By ITSSANDRA2U on Saturday, September 4, 2004 - 01:34 am:

I JUST RECEIVED A CALL FROM 720-587-9978 IT WAS MY NIECE CALLING FROM WE THOUGHT MONTGOMERY COUNTY IN TEXAS AT A POLICE STATION WHEN WE CALLED THE POLICE STATION AND COULDN'T FIND HER WE GOOGLED THE # AND FOUND OUT IT WAS A PAY PHONE. SHE THEN CALLED BACK AND SHE IS IN ANGELINA COUNTY CLOSE TO LOUSIANA AT A POLICE STATION AND SHE WAS USING A CALLING CARD. (ALL IS WELL SHE HAD CAR TROUBLE.)

By Joe on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 04:26 pm:

I got a call from 720-587-9978... who the hell is that?

By Agent D on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 11:31 pm:

ITS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

By Chicken Soup on Monday, September 6, 2004 - 05:27 pm:

That's right crazy x's, pranksters, and people who need to borrow some money mostly use these.

By ALPHA on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 11:50 am:

PiPeR DA E.C FINEST is an idiot!!!! Probably some 11 year white kid watching too much yo mtv raps and OZ.

By Ester on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 05:46 pm:

I received a call from someone today asking if I stillhad a tool box for sale, I had listed it like last summer. It was weird, I called the number back and got the recording that this is a prepaid calling service.

By Agent D on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 01:32 am:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By Bill Lumburg on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 03:33 pm:

Thanks for this message board. Mystery solved.

By Raine on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 12:04 pm:

I couldn't find my cell phone so I called it using a wal-mart calling card and the 720 # came up. I wouldn't be surprised if telemarketers used it to get around the "no-call" thing. Thanks to whoever set up this board... I was confused at first as to what the hell the number was. =)

By G. Walsh on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 02:16 pm:

9/17/04 12:26

the number came up on my cell, I answered it and there was no one on the other end, when I tried to call it back, I got the same message that everyone else has! Interesting stuff! I wonder what compnay provides the calling cards and obviously uses the same base number for all of their callers...

By Thor on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 03:47 pm:

got a call from a woman asking for joseph. strangeness.

By Shampoop on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 01:51 pm:

i know umbc (college) uses 720-587-9978 for
    outgoing calls from the dorms. every room has
    it's own incomming number, but they all go out
    on that number

By CYG on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 12:24 am:

I have received calls on my cell on 3 separate occasions from 720-587-9978 and 404-461-9978. The 404 number rings first and the 720 number calls right after and no one ever says anything. They both have the same recording when you call back. I wonder why the calls keep coming.

By Sillychick798 on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 12:34 am:

yeah, just got a call from this number and they kept repeating 'this is God" realy creepy

By Big Al on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 12:41 am:

Daughter just went to Colorado on vacation and when she called using her calling card this # came up & it will come up on the thousands of cards other people use-relax

By Marsha on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 03:32 pm:

I just go a call from the 720-587-9978 number but i was in class so i didn't answer it. They called my cell phone. Only people i know have this number so would it just be someone dialing random numbers? It's weird

By Alex on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 09:27 pm:

I'm amazed this board has gone on for 2 years since the mystery was solved. But its a great way to find your site and some nice pics!
    Thanx!

By RockyBoner on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 02:16 am:

I just got a call from the number 412-200-9978, when I called it back, I got the same thing, "This is a prepaid calling card number and no one can be reached at this number"

By RockyBoner on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 02:18 am:

Is the 9978 thing just a coincidence? This is becoming quite bizarre as more and more numbers come up.

By Homo_homie_here on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 05:22 pm:

hey yall....the # 720-587-9978 is the # of some guy I met online. His name (he told me) is Rick and its either his work # or a business because I told him online to call my cell# so we could chat and he did the following monday like 5 days later.
    we chatted for just a couple of minutes and I asked him is it okay if I keep his # on my cell....he said "what my # came up on your cell?".
    he thought he blocked it, but it showed up..lol...and then he got scared and said "I'm a married man and no one cam know that we chatted" bla, bla bla.. then he said a quick goodbye...I never heard from him again..lol...
    \but whats funny is that right before he hung up the phone...(he thought I did, but I didnt) and I listened as he thought he answered the other line and he said, "Classic Collections, how may I help you?".
    He thought I was a customer calling!!!!..lol.
    so...people..I looked up where this # comes from and its Denver Colorado. an antiques business..lol.and the guys name is "Rick"..maybe...lol
    Oh one more thing folks....I think maybe this guy is like calling all yall..because there just cant be two of the same #....right?...anyway hasta la bye,bye...

By Kris on Sunday, October 3, 2004 - 01:33 pm:

got a call from this number, asked for my mother by name and asked if I could tell her that she called. I asked for her name and what it was pertaining to and she hung up. Not the first time we were called by this number.

By Pissed on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 11:55 am:

(720)587-9978 is an AT&T Credit/ Calling Card. They call from anywhere and it will still show up the same. I just got a prank call today, traced it back, but couldn't get past AT&T's routers to the origin of the precise phone used. But, I'm sure AT&T knows how to track them. Maybe we should let them Know!!

By Jaquie on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 05:03 pm:

Isn't the internet GREAT!?! I too received a call from this number and I immediately popped it in teh little web and voila! I saw it was a calling card number so i did not pick it up - ha ha. But, it turned out to be someone i needed to speak to ... dang! Anyway though - i thought it was great though that i could actually see what the heck the number was, first! I LOVE technology!!! Freeze me up scottie - i want to see what the next generation holds!!! :o)

By Cotton ginner on Saturday, October 16, 2004 - 04:15 pm:

I have received several calls from this number, but i have never talked to anyone. It just shows up on my caller id at least once a week.

By BigD on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 12:13 am:

I just got one too, I thought maybe it was someone I knew since I live in Denver for awhile, guess not.

By Cornbiker on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 06:08 pm:

Thanks for the site.. I was wanting to locate the son of a nameless dog that called and hung.. And put them out of their missory.. Did a search and this is what I found..

Why can't someone invent a way for a person to climb through the phone line and choke the living shit out of people.. like telemarketers, sales persons, spammers, junk mailers.. and others that are worthless?

By Juanricos on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 11:09 pm:

Here's some, "What I Know":

The numbers refered to in this forum are calling card numbers for AT&T, the cards used may or may not have AT&T written on them. Also since AT&T routes calling card calls as they see fit, the numbers ARE NOT permanently linked to certain cards, in other words I can use my Sam's/Walmart card to call you and it may show up as (720)587-9978. I may call you back 5 minutes later using the SAME CARD and it may show up as (404)461-9978 or any other number AT&T uses for this purpose.

Thank You for reading this episode of, "What I Know"

By Boo on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 11:12 pm:

We've been getting calls from 715-587-1055 and 720-587-9978 for a few hours. In about an hour, we've gotten six calls. Everytime, it's been music, like the Mamas and the Papas. It's freaking me out. We're calling our phone company and getting these numbers blocked tomorrow.

By Laughing hysterically on Monday, November 1, 2004 - 02:42 pm:

I'm trying to figure out if people are actually reading any
    posts here or it this site shows up in Google and they go
    right to post another message. People, the answer to what
    these numbers are exist in the messages above! Hello?
    Are you that stupid that you don't look for the answer on a
    site that shows up when you search?

I say this for the benefit and entertainment of the people
    who feel the same way, because those to whom this
    message is addressing aren't going to read it anyway.

By RazzDoom on Sunday, November 7, 2004 - 05:54 am:

I just got a call from that number too today,what the hell? I wish i was home to answer that damn call.......

By Dcsoop8 on Monday, November 8, 2004 - 03:48 am:

I think it is weird that there is a discussion board about this particular phone number. I am also thankful. I work in a 911 center and someone called from 720-587-9978 to report drug activity. It made me think the person was out of state and therefore weakened my trust in the person's story. Now I think the story is more valid. For all I know the person could have been out front of my office on the pay phone.

By HillBilly85 on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 06:59 pm:

ALL YOU FUCKING IDIOTS THIS IS A CALLING CARD NUMBER FROM AN AT&T CARD! FUCKING YANKS!

By SugarCrystalzz on Monday, January 3, 2005 - 11:21 pm:

I got a call on my cell today from that 720 587 9978. I answered it and it was my mother. When I recognized the area code as Denver, co I freaked out. My father lives there with his fiancee, and my relatively newly divorced mom is schizo... But thanks to this site I am no longer worried that my mom found my dad. Thanks ;)

By CM on Wednesday, January 5, 2005 - 05:34 am:

i just got a call from this number 3:10 am and even though it's a callin card it's still from somebody local because they new my name and the little towns around here so what's the deal, is there like a free prank number you can use to fuck with people?

By Jrb on Sunday, January 9, 2005 - 09:05 pm:

Got the second call this week from this number... typed it in Google and wound up here. I have a strong suspicion it will be Brittney Spears trying to locate me so we can elope... details to follow; ;)

By Meg on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 04:11 pm:

All you people that have an answer about who should use a calling card. Did you ever think that when people travel it is a great, cheap way to call home. Duh!!!

By Meg on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 04:12 pm:

I'd like to know who the guy thinks he is using the F word. You are someone brainless apparently.

By Habbitatman34 on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 05:02 pm:

everyone should ask if they get some one that talks what type of calling card they are getting cause from what i read its one number coming from several different types of cards im in germany i have a german cell phone and i got this call i used to live in colorado thats how i know the area code but no one i mean no one knows my cell phone number

By K--C-- in Texas on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 02:20 pm:

I also got a call from this number. I have recieved many calls from this number at late hours of the night. My best friend says on many occasions I hva carried on conversations with these people for over an hour, although I have no clue who I am talking to. Very Weird but I guess now that I have discovered that this number is a calling card, I can figure out my mystery of who the caller is!!!

By Yeaha on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 02:50 pm:

slob on my junk

By Walnut the size of a brain on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 02:21 pm:

When you use a phone card, you are connected through to a hub - a place where your call is actually placed be it Alaska, Colorado etc so even if you place a call from New York City with a phone card it may connect through from Alaska, so the person you are phoning will see the Alaskan number or the Colorado number or whatever number the hub is at.

Smoke signals are fantastic though, really, look at them - each puff of smoke is individual and so you really won't have the problem of not knowing who the "caller" or "puffer" is...just don't inhale

By Trinity on Wednesday, April 5, 2006 - 01:09 pm:

Ok, so is this correct?

One person can use the same card two times in a day, and call from the same phone and the number can show up differently each time?

The first time it can be 720 587 9978 and the second time it can be 404 461 9978?

Thanks!
    Trinity

By Jazzi on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 04:30 pm:

Lawd lawd lawd people. The answer to this mysterious question has been answered umteen times and yet people are still asking the same question. Read a few of the posts BEFORE you write your post and you won't have to ask "what's goin' on here with the #?". For the umteenth and a half time, the # is from an AT&T calling card. The company has various routing locations which is why you're getting #s from various states. If someone is calling you 6 times in an hour, it's more than likely that someone you KNOW is trying to reach you. They're just using a calling card. I'm sure various businesses will catch on and start using them as well since you have no way of knowing whether it's a friend, family member or a sneaky collection agency trying to reach you. If the # shows up on your cell and you know that the only people who have your cell are people you know...answer it!

I just don't get why after almost 2 yrs, people are still asking the same question when, in multiple posts, the question has been answered.

READ, PEOPLE. READ!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact