720-587-9978

sorabji.com: The Payphone Project: 720-587-9978
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Curious Callee on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 09:30 pm:

Who called me from this number? Anyone know anything about this number? I believe it is in fact in Colorado (as per area code search). I saw there was a post in here with the number from a long time ago, just wondering if "wondering" ever found any info on it?

By Curious Callee on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 09:36 pm:

I just called this number and it said "You are returning a call to a prepaid calling system and the person is unavailable"

That is strange!

By Saintstephen11 on Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 06:16 pm:

I just got called from that number too. Damn solictors!

By Bamagirl on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 11:05 am:

I just stumbled across this site when I keyed in this phone number. I've been chatting online with a guy who lives in Alabama, but when he called me, this number showed up on my caller id? I thought this was very strange.....any ideas?

By Clrvsn on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 10:50 pm:

I also stumbled across this site when looking for this number. I showed in on my caller id at 8:16 tonight.

By Nate on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 12:40 am:

sorry, that was me.

By Nikki on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 02:13 am:

I got a call from this number and from 402-517-9978 within 15 mins of each other...pretty late at night, too. What's the deal with these calls anyway?

By Funk on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 09:56 am:

You can add 770 657 1020 - I have had several calls from these two numbers.

By Curiousgrl on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 07:59 pm:

I received a call from 720-587-9978. 10AM on a Saturday. I do have an ex-boyfriend who lives there, but that would mean his lazy ass was up at 6 AM mountain time. I also have a sister in SC that uses calling cards to call here. However that too is highly unlikely, because she would not be up at 10 on a Saturday calling me. I will keep you guys updated.

By Nate on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 09:04 pm:

uh, yeah. sorry, that was me, too.

you have a nice voice, btw. do you suck a lot of cock?

By Bill on Sunday, September 8, 2002 - 02:49 am:

I received a call from 720-587-9978 and found this website while searching the web for hits.
    Date 9/7/02. Time: 10:27pm CDT (Chicago).

What a pervert. The wierd thing is the guy, who's voice is electronically altered, is calling from Colorado and here we are in Chicago. Yet, he knows things about my daughter so he would have had to see her.

By Blondie on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 09:29 pm:

Bill, Sounds like your daughter has been doing more chatting than you know about. Check out your usage and see if she's been on more than you think lately.

By Bill on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 07:45 am:

OK, here is the scoop. This Colorado number, 720-587-9978, is from a caller using a PREPAID calling card. The person calling can be next door and your caller ID will read "Colorado call."

Other prepaid calling card numbers will show Georgia or other states. No good calling the number back...see Curious Callee’s message above, on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 09:36 pm.

Our "pervert" (see my message above) turned out to be Lydia F., a "friend" of my daughter. Lydia and a couple of her friends were making these calls to my daughter and to some others, disguising their voices. They thought it funny to wake us and to say they took my daughter’s photo for distribution on a (supposedly X-rated) website. We found out who it was because Lydia bragged to another girl who told my daughter. However, we would have found out eventually (keep reading) anyway.

Lydia is in big trouble. She goes to a special dance high school that could potentially expel her. Her parents have been informed and they have taken away her calling cards. She is writing us an apology. If she and her friends convince us of their remorse and we can be assured of no more of these disgusting calls, we will not prosecute or sue for mental anguish.

What can be done if you receive a similar call? See my next message.

By Bill on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 08:41 am:

As you read from my message above, SCORE ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS!!!
    What should you do if your family is unfortunate enough to receive similar perverted / disgusting calls?

*Note the exact date and time of the prank call.

*Attempt to record the call, or the next call. This is easy if they leave a message on your answering machine. Otherwise, you may need some recording equipment readily available at Radio Shack.

*Make out a police report. The phone company cannot help you without a police report number.

*Call your local phone company, not your long distance service. Ask for their Annoyance Calls Division. You may need to call 411 to get a phone company number that lets you speak with a human. The number they give you on your bill is useless…at least for Ameritech. Have them place a 21-day trace on all of your incoming calls (nominal fee). If the culprits forgot to use *67, they are uncovered!

*The next step, if required, is to call the police back and ask them how to go about subpoenaing the phone company’s records. These idiots don’t realize that *67 doesn’t keep their identity hidden when the phone company gets serious about tracing calls.

Other steps that can be taken:

*We played back the perverted message we received for many of our friends and acquaintances. Also, my daughter has hundreds of other kids she speaks with via AOL Instant Messaging. We found that Lydia was calling others beside our family and that some already suspected her. This led to the consolidation and cross-referencing of various police reports.
    *Ask the police and your phone company for other suggestions.

I sincerely hope these posts help those who are getting prank / perverted calls via prepaid calling cards. Keep in mind that probably more perverts visit this website than people like ourselves who simply stumbled onto it by using a search engine. Expect the usual rash of nasty replies to these posts. Good luck and God Bless!

By J on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 05:29 pm:

What kind of sick,depraved,person would even think about giving somebody prank/perverse calls useing a prepaid phone card? And if there is such a type lurking here would they know if you used a card and the message says they don't accept blocked numbers and to punch in your 10 didgit phone number could you use a fake one just put in a random number?

By Bblog on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 05:05 pm:

720-587-9978 and
    770-657-1021 (variation on known 657-1020 and 657-1028 numbers)

They gotta be telemarketers. I didn't answer, but they came 15 minutes apart, and they left no message.

I have a migraine so I am pissed enough to surf to see if anyone else has these numbers on the 'Net.

I found three hits on Google with 720-587-9978 and 770-657-102X being a "known" telemarketers.

By Curious on Sunday, October 6, 2002 - 03:30 pm:

Ive gotten sevrel of these calls. Ive heard that they are either telemarekters or some physo, but is there a chance that it could be just a friend trying to call using a phone card? Should i worry?

By Casperwa on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 05:03 pm:

I just got a call from this number twice. They have come in the middle of the night over and over again in the past. I never answer. I am unclear about the calling card thing; so it could be a calling card company? So it could be anyone I KNOW using a calling card, right?

By Bill on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 07:18 pm:

Dear Curious,

It could be any of the above, psycho, telemarketer, or simply a friend.

By Bill on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 07:31 pm:

Dear Casperwa,

It is not a calling card company, but someone who purchased a calling card FROM a phone company. That you can take to the bank.

Since your calls keep coming in the middle of the night, it eliminates telemarketers as a possible source. They are probably crank calls. However, people misdialing an advertised number that is similar to yours is another, albeit slight, possibility.

By Greg on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 04:03 pm:

I got more news for everyone. My son knows a co-worker, who has a wife, kids, goes to church, etc. Nice picture, except about 30% of the calls come from BOTH 770-657-1020 and 720-587-9978! It's then on the phone every time. We live near Tacoma, Wa. and I have their home number (3 different cell numbers, big surprise) and stuff. I'm wondering if there's a small ring of punks have managed to scam a calling card or two along with the access codes.

By Patrick on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 11:56 pm:

A friend of mine and I both got a phone call from this number (720-587-9978) tonight. At first I thought it was her making a prank call, but when she said she got the same call, I started the search online.

The call was from some guy with a Indian/Pakistani accent yelling at me because my daughter came his house and kicked his dog. I don't have a daughter and when I said so and that he had the wrong number, he kept telling me not to play stupid. I hung up and called my friend to discover she had gotten the same call about fifteen minutes before I did.

We don't know if it was some one running through the local numbers (ours are fairly similar) or someone who knows both of us. But obviously, they used a pre-paid card from somewhere.

By J on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 11:37 am:

Patrick that's a crank call that's been around awhile,when I wake up more I'll look for a link. And no,it wasn't me.

By J on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 12:18 pm:

By J on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 10:30 am:

So was that something like the call you got?

By Ed on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 02:34 pm:

So how do I get one of these cards?

By Kat on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 09:33 am:

Great. I live in Germany and I just received a phone call with that number last night at 10pm my time. So when I tried to find out something regarding this number I found this site. I don't know anyone in CO (my only friends in the States live in TX and CA) and this is somewhat pissing me off. Guess I'll wait for tonite if I receive another call ... it's spreadin' around the world now ...

By J on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 09:57 am:

It's a calling card for the love of God can't anyone grasp the concept? You can buy one almost anywhere.

By The Watcher on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 05:58 pm:

Why buy one at all?

Prepaid phone charges seem like such a waiste(?) to me.

By patrick on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 06:09 pm:

waste.

its spelled waste.

this is 3rd grade material. were you absent during 3rd grade?

im not trying to be a snot, its just it baffles the living frack outta me how such a simple word is mispelled on top of your other mispellings that you clearly indicate are not a matter of proofreading but lack of knowledge.

i'll probably regret asking this, but tell me, if you know you are going to use long distance, why is buying a long distance card a waste?

By Nate on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 07:10 pm:

By Nate on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 07:12 pm:

heh. DUMBASS. DUMBASS DUMBASS DUMBASS.

patty you fucking dumbass.

By patrick on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 07:20 pm:

perfect

By Nate on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 07:48 pm:

sucka.

By patrick on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 07:49 pm:

hwo many beers will we have tonight?

im thinking i might have 7.

By patrick on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 07:49 pm:

and finish off the rest of my hash

By Nate on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 07:53 pm:

it will take me a long time to finish this ball of hash.

i've already had three beers and three 20oz highballs.

but then, i started at 10am.

By patrick on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 07:56 pm:

its fantastic that theres only one hash mouth to feed these days. a lot goes a long way now.

later fucko

By Nate on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 08:00 pm:

a lot always goes a long way. it wouldn't be a lot if it didn't.

enjoy your hash, dumbass.

By Gee on Tuesday, November 5, 2002 - 04:34 pm:

idiots.

By Bn on Monday, January 6, 2003 - 08:15 pm:

I got a call in my cell phone from 720 587 9978.
    didn't pick that up.thought of calling back. but just googled to found this..
    calling card will not have 720 area code. it must start with 8..never heard a calling card number like this..

By Ezik on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 12:02 am:

Son Of a bitch, I had two calls from this number just after I found a Virus on my computer...either this was wierd timing or a fucked up fucker who fucked with me...by the way...my computer is ALL fucked up now and this goddamn number calls me RIGHT after I open up the line....Bastards...what the fuck?...I mean I'll fix the computer...but some idiot chuckling like he really did something neat when all he did was annoy me for two mins......jeez...You have got to think whoever uses this number to fuck with people moniters this site, right?

By Missy on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 08:42 pm:

I got a phone call on my cell phone around 1:45 in the am. I picked it up, but stupid me was too asleep to talk! I dont remember much of the conversation, but wondered who in the fuck would call me at that hour?!

By J on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 10:28 am:

That was me,I was up all night tripping and I thought you might want to come over and see the fireworks I was blowing out of my nose.You missed a really good show.

By Drew on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 06:44 pm:

720-587-9978 is a Pre-paid calling card location. The card can be used in any state, but the Caller ID still says Colorado. That's all it is. If you get a call from this number, it is probably one of your friends trying to call you. They could be in Ohio or wherever, but the caller ID still says Colorado. No big deal.

By Stalked in WA state on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:45 am:

call received from 720-587-9978 at 10 pm on 12/14/02 to our UNLISTED phone number in Washington state. Suspect pyscho stalker Leslie Riley, female, obese, last known employer major telephone company, last known residences Denver CO and Bend OR

anyone else who is getting these calls have a history with her?

By Stalked in WA state on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:45 am:

call received from 720-587-9978 at 10 pm on 12/14/02 to our UNLISTED phone number in Washington state. Suspect pyscho stalker Leslie Riley, female, obese, last known employer major telephone company, last known residences Denver CO and Bend OR

anyone else who is getting these calls have a history with her?

By Miss MN on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 12:36 am:

Oh my god .. I got a call from this number at 7pm tonight and I have no idea who it was from. I was told it was a male on the phone, asked for me by name, but left no message. Obviously it's a pay phone .. I'm thinking one in CO, but I don't know anyone there. What is goin on!

By Me on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 08:29 pm:

I got one from this 720-587-9978 number and their voice was disguised. They identified themselves as the "courteous professor". It was about 2:00 am in the freaking morning. Any idea how they could disguise their voice and/or what "courteous professor" means? Thanks :-)

By Stalked in MO on Sunday, February 9, 2003 - 06:33 pm:

I got a call from this number and it was a very low male voice. He identified him as John, and sounded like a stalker threating the safety of my daughter . He even said some X-rated things about my daughter. However, unlike some other cases above, my daughter is only 20 months old! She couldn't possibly chart with anyone online.

The police came in, and said that it could be a trick to make you call back and be charged big. Did any of you guys who did call back be charged with a higher rate later?

This is really sick, and someone should stop them.

By Me on Sunday, February 9, 2003 - 08:17 pm:

Stalked in Mo,

Yeah, we tried calling back, no higher rates or anything - it just sounded like a prepaid calling card service. They are annoying calls! You're right someone should stop them.

By Paul on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 02:20 am:

I got a call to my house at 12:58 in the morning from this
    # with a voice distorter. The person on the line just
    calmly asked if my mother was home. I dont know how
    he knew I was her son, because im 16 with a deep
    voice and my being tired just slowed my speach even
    more. So how he guessed is weird. But when i said she
    wasnt home, when she was. He just politely said Thank
    You. then hung up. Weird. I didnt want to file a police
    report at 1 AM so i decided to look up the # on
    google.com and i found this site. I realize that this # is a
    calling card and he/she could be anywhere in the world
    calling me but how did he find any of the # to call. My
    Phone number is an unlisted #. It has never signed up
    for anything requireing a phone # because of a
    previous Stalker. What should my family do?

By Jason on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 08:58 pm:

Does anyone know how to find out the origional number of the person using the calling card? Surely it has to be logged somewhere. Maybe the calling card company who uses this number (720-587-9978)? I'm not being stalked, but I missed a call from a friend out of state and I'd like to call her back. E-mail me if you have any ideas.

By Me on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 12:51 pm:

Paul,

The same thing happened here - the call came in and the person's voice was distorted. It was about 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. Jeese, these callers are wierd whoever they are. I'm still trying to figure it out. Anyone know why the person's voice seems to always be distorted?

By Michelle on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 02:29 am:

Hello Everyone, I can't seem to sleep tonight.. I too have become a target of the 720-587-9978. I received two calls today from a very persistant female asking for me by name. I told her no one by that name lived here. She asked if I had just received this number because she spoke with Michelle a few weeks ago. Which is not true. I had never spoke with her before. She was tring to trick me into admitting who I was. Which tells me she is not a telemarketer, or why would she be so determined to verify my idenity? When I insisted that no one by that name lived here, she sounded frustrated. Then I heard someone else pick up the phone. I then hung up and call blocked the number.. Very Strange!! It's unfortunate, but this type of calling card is the perfect tool for some coward to hide behind and harass people. For those of you receiving calls in the middle of the night, I feel for you!! The only thing I can think of to remedy the situation is call blocking.

By Maclen on Saturday, March 1, 2003 - 08:47 am:

At about 7:41am EST today (March first) I too got a phone call from 720-587-9978. When I answered my cell phone, he said he had the wrong number and I mumbled okay and hung up. I thought it might have been one of my friends and Yahoo'd the number to see who it was after 411.com failed to turn up anything. Also lead me to this link, which was interesting to note: http://ares.penguinhosting.net/~leftreveggplant/ As someone on this thread earlier said, this appears to be a phone card, but it seems strange that so many are encountering it in apparent prank phone calls.

By Ack on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 10:20 am:

REPOST FROM ABOVE:
    ----------------------------
    720-587-9978 is a Pre-paid calling card location. The card can be used in any state, but the Caller ID still says Colorado. That's all it is. If you get a call from this number, it is probably one of your friends trying to call you. They could be in Ohio or wherever, but the caller ID still says Colorado. No big deal.
    -----------------------------
    While working through this list, I just found out who my stalker, psycho, telemarketer was -- my sister, using a pre-paid card. Get over it.

By Fatcarol132 on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 10:25 am:

for the last two weeks i keep getting phone calls from 720-587-9978 and 770-657-1021. They always call in the middle of the night and hang up so it is obviously not a friend using a calling card, but someone messing with me. It is really starting to piss me off. The only time they didn't hang up on me was last night at 2:37 when every time i said a word they would press a button on the phone. it is really starting to piss me off and freak me out. what can i do to get this to stop!

By J on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 11:45 pm:

Call the phone company and have them put a trace on your phone.

By Antigone on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 11:58 pm:

By John Stevens Pasquale on Tuesday, April 15, 2003 - 00:07 pm:

i gets calls frum this number sometimes six times a night. i want to make it stop. does anyone know who it is? what it is? what is this calling frum this number thing? please, someone help me. this is making me very angry and i am goin to put another hole in the wall or maybe some door like when grammy died.

By Shebas Mom on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 02:49 pm:

To reference the abovementioned comment "Why buy one at all? Prepaid phone charges seem like such a waiste(?) to me."
    I answer because you get them at Sam's Club, and it's only 3.7 cents a minute, and I have yet to find a phone company that will give me rates that cheap to call long distance, either in-state or out of state. I no longer have long distance on my home phone, am saving myself the 3.95 a month service charge, and spend far less on long distance than I ever used to.
    I've never gotten a telemarketing call from these weird out of state numbers, it's always family, because we all use them! Telemarketers always come up "unavailable" or "unknown caller" always without a phone number listed, at least in my neck of the woods.

By CJ on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 10:25 pm:

Looks like there are TWO threads on this web site with the same title of "720-587-9978." This one's first entry was posted on 8/20/02; the one a bit further up in the list of topics begins with a posting dated 7/10/02, to which I just posted a lengthy entry EXPLAINING at great length what the deal is with the (720) number.

So everybody, please go read my entry (of 4/28/03), and then THAT SHOULD BE THE END OF THE SUBJECT!!

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 04:57 am:

HEY!! Someone called my house with this number!
    And it's phreakin' pissing me off!!

By Sam on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 12:20 am:

Here's the 411 on the number. A company called Telephone Express is based out of Colorado. They wre bought by Vartec. Big Phone Card Company. Anyone using Telephone Express from Anywhere in the country is routed through Colorado. How do I know? Used to work for 'em.

By The dude on Monday, September 1, 2003 - 06:44 pm:

Yeah I got a call from 720-587-9978 at 1:20 in the morning. it was some girl whispering saying she had the wrong number. she said her name was lauren or laura. she said she needed to talk to someone. she knew where i was and a bit about my hometown. then she asked what i looked like and how tall i was, at which point i hung up.

By Judy on Wednesday, September 3, 2003 - 03:58 pm:

This is a prepaid calling card number. It will appear as such on your caller ID whether it is some pervert or your sweet old Auntie Ida calling for your help. There is absolutely no way of being sure who it is unless you have an answering machine. Not all people who use prepaid cards are telemarketers or cranks. Your family members and friends may be using prepaid cards to cut down on long distance calls. I received a call from 720-587-9978 this morning and it was a friend of my son's calling from across the country to tell us about her new baby's arrival.

By Chiller on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 07:27 pm:

i purchased a prepaid international card for my girlfriend who is in ireland. when she calls from home using the card or from ireland, it comes up on my caller i d as 402-517-9978 which happens to be where the call gets routed from wherever you call from in the world. we use them because they are cheaper than any long distance phone comany and i work for a phone company. that prepaid company happens to be in nebraska.

By XTerminator on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 01:20 am:

I just got called from the 720 # at 8:16pm Pacific time. There was no message left. I've just got the "caller ID/*69" package installed on my phone because of these calls that come in at all times of the day and consist of silence. I thought they probably were from telemarketers, but with these search results, I'm not so sure now. I feel these are too coincidental to be errors. Possibly someone who works for the phone card company, has access to the line, and has nothing better to do with their time?

P.S. For THE WATCHER and PATRICK, (and anyone else who's interested in our wonderful language) the word "its" does not have an apostrophe when used in the posessive. It should have one, however, when it is used, as you did, as short for "it is"

By J on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 06:52 pm:

My boyfriend got a call from this #402-517-9978. I did a Google Search on it, it shows up as this:

sheshe25

name: sheshe
    state/province: ne
    sex: female

about me: hit me up for good convo im a freaky one for you 4025179978. Males & females holla at me

my interests: n/a

personal url: n/a

But as you guys know when you call it back, it's a prepaid calling card...

By Janny on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 07:14 pm:

That was not the Janny J.

By Peacekeeper on Friday, November 14, 2003 - 07:28 am:

My new girlfriend called me from 720-587-9978 as well. I looked it up and I got all the smae results as you all did. Am I safe in saying that this is ok? That this is just a call from a calling card? Or could there be more to this and we all are being fooled?

By Ellesa on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 07:42 pm:

lol yeah i think your all crazzy cause i just got a call too from this number and lol no one was on the line and they kept calling lol i don;t know at least you have got calls too thank good ness hehehee

By Canada on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 11:25 pm:

could the 402-517-9978 also be a pre-paid cell card?

By Heartbreaker on Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 09:22 pm:

The 720-587-9978 showed up on my husbands cell phone. Maybe peacekeepers girlfriend is calling my husband. Just kidding. It sucks you can't trace who or where they are calling from. Happy hunting!

By Bob on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 12:51 am:

My father was staying at my house Dec 20, 2003 and recieved a call to his cell phone at 10:08 P.M. CST, we live in Kentucky! Very few people have his cell number, so this call had to be random dialed or a dialing error! Sounds like the above explanation of coming from a toll free phone card is correct and all calls go through the same switch and displays this main routed number of 720-587-9978, and it could be coming from anywhere!

By Jdog on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 12:39 am:

My theory is this:

Often times when you get a call from an unknown number you'll do a web search. This number is an unknown number hence u ended up here.

Prank callers want to use an untraceable number, therefore they use a cheap calling card instead of calling from their house phone.

You are here because u checked a # u did not know.

Prank callers use prepaid calling cards.

Coincidence ONLY.

This is how conspiracy theories get started: Paranoia and unknown factors. People just look for a connection. How many times did someone say, 'hey its just a calling card, could be anyone - even your sister trying to call' and still people think its some organized group of pranksters.

Give me a break! heehee! It is funny though the way of the human psyche...

Cheers mates.

By jack on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 01:33 am:

sounds more like a hypothesis to me.

By Nick on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 03:33 pm:

ARE ALL OF YOU IDIOTS? THE NUMBER IS A PREPAID CALLING CARD. NOW GET OVER YOURSELVES AND MOVE ON WITH LIFE!

By Jb on Tuesday, February 3, 2004 - 10:51 pm:

Nick I'm not sure what you are saying?

By Mike on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 01:08 pm:

My company, in Chcago, has received 4 calls from 720-587-9978 in the last 2 days. It is a female and she asks for people in our office by name. We have no idea how an obscene caller who has called all these people who sent in messages like this would know us by name. Has anybody continued to get them?

By Disgruntled on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 10:46 am:

That was me calling,they shouldn't have fired me.

By Sandra on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 12:38 pm:

just to let u guys know that that number a calling pre paid calling card i know because my husband's girl friend uses it all the time to call him, but that's cool cuz they think i don't know anything yeah right i wasn't born yesterday

By ME on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 05:02 pm:

My boyfriend got a call from this #402-517-9978. I did a Google Search on it, it shows up as this:

sheshe25

name: sheshe
    state/province: ne
    sex: female

about me: hit me up for good convo im a freaky one for you 4025179978. Males & females holla at me

my interests: n/a

personal url: n/a

But as you guys know when you call it back, it's a prepaid calling card...

--J, what did u put in the google box to get that information? My sister got called by the number 402-517-9978 too and i was just wondering. just tell me please!

By Nick Adam on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 06:55 pm:

There are several calls from this number 402-517-9978 calling to several people in canada and the United States Please email me if you know who this person is i am a Fugitive Recovery Agent i am now trying to find out whos making these calls

By TBone on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 11:52 am:

You aren't a very good one, are you?

By Gambol on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 06:03 pm:

Nick, for the love of Sweet Jesus, PLEASE read the posts above! No one is SUPPOSED to know "who this person is" because "this person is" using a PRE-PAID CALLING CARD, you loon! There's HUNDREDS of 'em out there ALL with the SAME number! But, I can tell ya'll this much. (702) 587-9978 is a "business" number (rather than a residntial number) and is registered, NOT to a company name but rather to a simple P.O. Box number. Here's the info, for which you can send me a fee of five bucks for not taking the time to do your OWN f'ing research! P.O. Box 1482 Denver, CO 80201-1482. What entity rents that P.O. Box? The Post Office won't release that info without a Freedom of Information Form being filled out and submitted in person with a $2.00 fee at the d'town Denver post office which is located at 951 20th. Street, Mon thru Fri 8 to 5. That's free information from a recovery agent that knows what the fxxx he's doing. Trouble is, I'm in f'ing FLORIDA! And I ain't flying to Denver to fill out a form! Someone has suggested that the company renting that PO box is Telephone Express of Colorado. Makes sense.

By Brooks on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 08:36 pm:

I was here.

By Biggydbdaddy on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 11:48 am:

I received a call from this number (720-587-9978) last night at 9:20pm.I hope this isn't like that movie the Ring that means we will all fucking die in 7 days!!! It's just someone fucking with us all..

By Meep on Thursday, March 4, 2004 - 04:06 am:

Well, let me just add myself to this long list of "omg! who the hell's number is this?!"
    You guys, it's not a damn stalker, even though that's been said about 100 times in this thread. My friend who is from MI was supposed to call today, but I forgot I had to work. It was the only call I recieved, and of course, got the message it's a prepaid card number or whatever. So, these "psychos" are being smart and using a calling card to screw around with people, heh. So...just to reassure you people who are NOT reading the whole thread: Don't bloody worry about the number. Why don't you just buy a CO based calling card and call the bloody company and bitch to them about it. The End.

By Helene on Friday, March 5, 2004 - 08:42 am:

I have looked through the messages , they are good to me :). Please take a look also to <a href="http://www.connectto.com">calling cards</a> at www.connectto.com.

Thank you.

By V.v. on Friday, March 5, 2004 - 09:43 am:

"Withheld"...as soon as i see that come up on my phone,i just know its a salesman on the other end of the line in London.

By V.v. on Friday, March 5, 2004 - 09:52 am:

"International"means a Banking company in England is trying to sell me somthing,useing a call centre in India to keep the cost down.

By Katie on Sunday, April 4, 2004 - 03:31 am:

To everyone who receives a call from 720-587-9978, it is an AT&T number that is used as a third-party line. The AT&T phone card user calls an AT&T number, enters their card number, then dials the number they want to connect to. The 720-587-9978 is the number that transfers their call!

By Julie on Sunday, April 4, 2004 - 03:53 am:

IIIIInteresting:

http://www.phantomonline.com/dealers/listframe.htm

Indiana:
    PB Sports, Fort Wayne 219-447-3379
    Paintball Outfitters, South Bend 219-299-0901
    Underground Paintball, Sellersburg 720-587-9978
    H & H Paintball, Richmond 765-965-9300

BUT:

Colorado:

Action Pursuit Paintball, Greeley 970-395-0664
    Simple Sales, Glenwood Springs 970-945-0123
    Rocky Mountain Paintball, Colorado Springs 719-473-3725
    Stock Class Paintball, Boulder 720-273-6960

So wait now...Why does an Indiana number have a Colorado area code? Stupid, stupid people who made that site...I checked out my own state's area codes and such, and they check out...How strange...

By Julie on Sunday, April 4, 2004 - 03:56 am:

By Kay on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 11:15 pm:

In response to Julie...
    and the rest...

My caller ID (not really state of the art btw) identified this number around the time that a Brother "Smith" (diff name used which I don't feel comfortable sharing online), called looking for a Pastor who shared my last name. I don't know what's up with this number since it seems to have a history...
    The only reason I searched it was to try and help the Brother find the man he was looking for.
    Anyways, just thought I'd share.

By Crazy old fart in Alaska on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 07:23 am:

Thank you for an absolutely delightful distraction!! I'm in Alaska and have my own way of dealing with sales people. I tell them to hold for a moment that I need to beat the kids... beat the cats... yell at the neighbors dogs... etc. Then I lay the phone down, ignore it for about a half hour. If they are still there carry it into the bathroom and make gross noises and flush the toilet a couple times yelling 'WHOOWEE!!' If they are still there, I will play the 'hold a moment' game with them until they get angry!! If they are going to call me, they are going to earn the right to call!! By the way... they only call the once and none of them have lasted more than about 8 minutes of my yelling at the cats, flushing toilets, making farty noises and so forth. Once I even pretended to be an old lady that thought the caller was my grand son. I just kept calling him 'Bobby' and yelling for him to speak up!! Besides, if they want to spend money calling me, <evil laugh> they are going to waste more than just money!!!

By Rob on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 03:52 am:

Is it possible for someone to be in Liverpool, England and by using the "720-587-9978" phone card number have it come up as Denver, Colorado on your phone?

By Apes on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 05:43 pm:

I got a message last night around 9:30 pm. I don't chat online, and it was my cell number that was called. It came up as Boulder, CO? But it was just air when I answered, not a voice. Anyone else?

By V.v. on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 02:15 pm:

...Well,i once sent a letter to Boulder,CO,and nothing came back,so i now tend to think its part of Area 51,if you get my drift...,fact is,Boulder may no longer exist...perhaps its ,jus a dead zone...

By V.v. on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 02:21 pm:

...Thoughts?...

By heather on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 04:41 am:

i think that's a retarded theory

By B on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 12:07 am:

Thanks everyone for letting me know that the "mysterious" 720-587-9978 number is a PRE PAID CARD NUMBER.......i got it now how about everyone else get it too

By LADY IN INDIANA on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 11:32 am:

I AM REALLY AMAZED TO FIND OUT ABOUT THIS 402-517-9978 NUMBER MY FRIEND FROM FLORIDA HAS BEEN CALLING TO REPORT A DEATH IN THE FAMILY., AND I KNOW HE DOESNT HAVE A CLUE TO THIS NUMBER AS WELL AS THE 404 NUMBER. I WILL HAVE TO WRITE HIM NOW SINCE I CANT REACHN HIM BY THIS NUMBER THIS REALLY HELPS ME OUT KNOWING ABOUT THESE STRANGE NUMBERS ON THE ANSWERING MACHINE AND CANT GET THE PEOPLE BACK THANKS AGAIN EVEN THO I HAD TO READ THRU ABOUT A YEARS WORTH OF E-MAILS WHICH SOME WERE vey interesting

By Dripping Minge on Saturday, May 1, 2004 - 05:47 pm:

i just had a call (I'm in Britain) from a friend in South Carolina. The number came up on my mobile as 04025179978. Apparently she was using a hotel phone/coinbox. Can't remember which. Wondered if the number was for her hotel. It's obviously not.

By Veliko Tarnova on Sunday, May 2, 2004 - 05:26 pm:

Unless it was in the car park of the hotel,that may account for it.

By Tone on Sunday, May 2, 2004 - 06:18 pm:

its someone you know using a phone card dumb asses, not solicitors. god your stupid

By Veliko Tarnova on Monday, May 3, 2004 - 02:06 pm:

Takes one to know one,and are you on speed?

By Mike in cali on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 04:08 am:

what a funny world. three years worth of postings.. i am turning this over to a reporter - let them track all you nuts down.

By Brandi on Friday, May 7, 2004 - 05:44 pm:

Yeah I got a call on my cell phone from 402-517-9978 at 1:31pm. I'm in Colorado, I have no fricken idea who it could be.

By Dean on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 12:21 pm:

I guy named Randy from Cadiz, ky called me from # 720-587-9978 on May 8th/04, answering an ad I ran looking for Junk Motorcycles, I tried to call him and got the pre-paid recording.
    If anybody knows his last name and how I can get a hold of him, I sure would appreciate it.
    Thank you
    Dean

By Amy on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 03:32 pm:

this is actually a prepaid phone card number, don't ask me how it shows up with a number, it just does.

By Daveh on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 05:42 pm:

Tone, you are the idiot here. Learn english you moron. You don't tell someone they are stupid by saying your stupid. Your is possessive you hermaphrodite. You're stupid!!

By Sodom1 on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 06:47 pm:

Who gives a shit, why is this so fascinating, it is a fucking number. Get a life.

By Sodom1 on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 06:48 pm:

Dean, why do you want junk motorcycles??

By DarbyR on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 06:48 pm:

Daveh, you are the idiot. tone is awsome. tone, do not pay attention to Daveh. Call me.

By Sodom1 on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 06:49 pm:

Man this web page is super stupid. None of you people are worth conversing with.

By Seanus on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 02:28 am:

Hey I live in madison wisconsin, but my friend has a milwaukee area code for her cell phone, and she keeps getting calls from these #'s i understand that you people are saying that it is prank callers using a calling card, but does nayone have any idea how to find out who exactly is calling?

By Janet on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:32 pm:

I just got a 720-587-9978 number to come up on my cell phone! Oh no! I must be getting stalked -- BY MYSELF, YOU STUPID SONS OF BITCHES, BECAUSE I USED A CALLING CARD TO CALL MY CELL PHONE. SOMEBODY CALL THE FBI! OR MAYBE IT'S ALIENS, NO, MAYBE IT'S AREA 51 -- Or maybe you guys have wasted a lot of time talking about queer-ass theories.

By J on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 12:44 am:

Geniuses I tell you.

Good god people. Its a calling card. A card you can buy at any store. My sister bought one at WalMart. She is out of town and just called home. It came up as 720-587-9978. Its not some psycho, its not telemarketers. Its someone using a calling card so they aren't charged long distance fees.

By V.v. on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 08:30 pm:

I thought all "payphone people" were aware of telemarketers?

By SUKSAM on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 04:57 pm:

Morons.....The number in question is an FBI tracer number. If you got a call from that number, you're being watched........next stop jail........shame on you....

By V.v. on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 05:45 pm:

SUKSAM,sounds like you been there,and got the t.shirt.

By Trust on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:34 am:

TOPIC - 720 587 9978/ 404 461 9978
    DATE - 06/22/04 17:46:03
    FROM - I'm the top Florida
    I work for a phone card company...Typically, phone cards route their calls through a single sytem. Those two numbers are assigned to certain calling cards. When you use that number to call a family memeber or friend, the card routes the call through those numbers so that they can trace the mninutes used and delete them from your account. THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY TO GET YOU!....Trust

this is what I found after I was checking to see who had called me. My boyfriend in florida was supposed to call me tonight on his calling card and apparently he did.

By Ashley on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 01:05 pm:

i have got 3 phone calls in the middle of the night on my cell phone
    404 461 9978
    402 517 9978
    205 349 6410
    I live in southern Tennessee and i have called my phone company and they said that they couldnt trace a number! i was so fuckin pissed that i called the cops, and they said since im a teenager that i just gave my cell phone number out to someone i dont know! HELLO COMMON SINCE WHO WOULD DO THAT?????hell i wouldnt and if anyone did that is just bullshit! so could anyone tell me about the 205 349 6410 number? because not yet have i heard about it and out of the 3 numbers, no one has left a message. The second phone call i got like this i answered but i was too tired to talk and i dont really rememeber the convo it was the 402 517 9978 number. but you do have to come to think about it that there are at least 20 of us who have got a call like this and that its all the same number.

By Ashley on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 01:06 pm:

i have got 3 phone calls in the middle of the night on my cell phone
    404 461 9978
    402 517 9978
    205 349 6410
    I live in southern Tennessee and i have called my phone company and they said that they couldnt trace a number! i was so fuckin pissed that i called the cops, and they said since im a teenager that i just gave my cell phone number out to someone i dont know! HELLO COMMON SINCE WHO WOULD DO THAT?????hell i wouldnt and if anyone did that is just bullshit! so could anyone tell me about the 205 349 6410 number? because not yet have i heard about it and out of the 3 numbers, no one has left a message. The second phone call i got like this i answered but i was too tired to talk and i dont really rememeber the convo it was the 402 517 9978 number. but you do have to come to think about it that there are at least 20 of us who have got a call like this and that its all the same number.

By Sodom1 on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 10:27 am:

Don't Ya'll from Tennessee have anything better to do than worry about caller i.d. numbers? Why don't ya'll just answer the damn phone and find out who the hell it is?

By Elizabeth on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 11:25 pm:

this is a calling card number... anyone who purchases a calling card from this company will have this number show up on the caller ID of the person they are calling... It's just the way calling cards work, they don't tell you the # of the phone the person is on but the # of who connected the call...

By Believe it on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 10:34 am:

this whole site is so stupid is is a total waste of time

By Duh on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 12:34 pm:

you are idiots...its a calling card number and ANYONE can get the same number.

By Liz on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 08:55 pm:

yeah, i got a call from the 702 number... and it was my friend from the army using a phone card. if someone creepy is calling you...its a joke. there is not some phone stalker out to get you. if you are wasting your time trying to find out who this is you have way to much spare time and like to blow things out of porportion.

By Summer on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 12:44 am:

Guys,

You can relax. It's not a conspiracy or spooks, lol. When you buy the pre-paid cards or have any of the other pre-paid services that are set up for our troops, you're just being routed through a switchboard in Colorado.

When someone has called you and either of those numbers have shown up, it was because that particular call center picked it up. They are quite massive and handle tens of thousands of calls.

If a card happens to be that of an entity that is headquartered in that particluar state, then that would explain the who and why of where a call ends up, even though they are nation wide, in most instances and can be picked up virtually anywhere.

My friend who is in Iraq calls me and all kinds of numbers come up. I wish he could be calling me from somewhere in the great U.S. of A, but he's over in Iraq and not likely to be home for a while.

By J on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 02:40 am:

And God bless Him.

By LW on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 02:30 pm:

I just got a call from this number (720-587-9978)
    I didn't get to the phone in time to answer, but
    with *69 I was given the number. I skimmed your
    messages. Thanks for the information, and by the way, I'm not really an idiot!

LW

By Sarahmoonbeam on Friday, September 3, 2004 - 02:28 am:

Septembre 3,2004
    Well got a call from the 720 on my cell phone...and missed it SO GLAD to see so many others wondering what the heck....so now I come to understand it'a a calling card. Oh well...missed phone and person never left message...Oh WELL

By V on Friday, September 3, 2004 - 10:25 pm:

Hi J.I am spending most of my free time learning Greek.kisses....xxxxx....i tend to think none of us get enough...,kisses that is.

By V on Friday, September 3, 2004 - 10:40 pm:

:)

By V on Friday, September 3, 2004 - 11:00 pm:

By V on Friday, September 3, 2004 - 11:15 pm:

cant connect?...try,...elenaschernobyl.com/newchern. no yellow,but should connect if you tap in.

By V on Friday, September 3, 2004 - 11:25 pm:

SPACEBA !!!!!!!!!!! :) ...(Thank you, in Russian)

By Trespassers william on Saturday, September 4, 2004 - 12:17 am:

crusty nosegoblins

By V on Sunday, September 5, 2004 - 09:51 pm:

I expect you get them wholesale?

By Sue on Monday, September 6, 2004 - 12:11 am:

I got a call from this number as well. I actually think it is a prepaid calling card? My girlfriend bought a prepaid calling card from Sam's club and when she calls it shows an out of state number like Colorado call and the number.

By Faye c. on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 10:21 am:

Hello!...I received a Terrible message on my anwersing machine...Yes i have the Recording! and the phone number which is 404-461-9978 (which shows up Atlanta Ga and when called saids-- you cant talk to someone this is a prepaid calling call system). Anyways back to the message they left...it sounded like a young girl in age from 26 to maybe in late 30's...She said my first and last name and said she was calling to warn me that she had heard some people talking and they were going to "stripp out my veins and hang them on a car antenna"!...I sure didnt think i had any kind of people like that in my life!...I am a good person..kind and faithfull to people...Go figure...next stop is Police report! Any more suggestions????

By Jackie O on Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 11:38 am:

This is a call from a Prepaid calling system, someone with a prepaid calling card or prepaid cell phone has called you !!

By Jimbo700 on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 06:06 pm:

Let me join the party!
    I just got a call from 404-461-9978 on my cell phone. I didn't answer it (I was busy). They left no message and when I did a Google search of the number, I wound up here.
    I also called it back and got the message "this is a pre-paid calling card ..."
    If anyone finds the answer, please let me know.

By Peoples Republik of Kalifornia on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 06:00 pm:

Hey! I just got a call from 720-587-9978 on my cell phone but I didn't answer it. They didn't leave a message on my voicemail either. What's up with that? I found this place cuz I goggled the number and here I am. Did I win something? Did Opra try to call me to give me a car too? Hello? Hello?

By Mr.T on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 06:36 am:

I recived a call from 720-587-9978 It was my mom using the phone card I bought her.

By Robf on Saturday, October 2, 2004 - 07:22 pm:

Simple answers... ok You call an 800 number for your purchased calling card, this routes you to their PBX you dial your PIN and outgoing number, the PBX is located in one of any possible locations, often Ga. (404) colorado, etc. depending on where the Point of Presence is for that particular phone card company (multiple card companies may use thew same outbound number) if a weird number like this shows up on your CID, just answer it, if it's a crank, hang up, could be your friend though, who knows. You people and your foil hats...*shakes head* it's not some strange conspiricy...nor some "hacked phonecards" or whatever you people are on about this week or that...

By Robf on Saturday, October 2, 2004 - 07:24 pm:

.....I am appalled by some of you people's remarks...

'I also called it back and got the message "this is a pre-paid calling card ..." If anyone finds the answer, please let me know.'

your answer is right there, it's a bloody prepaid card dullard...

By dave. on Saturday, October 2, 2004 - 10:07 pm:

heh.

By The man in the box on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 06:13 pm:

I just got a call from the number too. It was someone I had met on the interent in a chat room. I thought I knew who they were, they seemed like a normal person. The first few times this "girl" called me, my id said "call blocked." Then it started showing up as 720-587-9978. I quit talking to this "girl" because I had concluded that it wasn't even a girl who I had been talking to. It was probably a guy disguising his voice. Everyone who has written in this post, has actually came here for a reason. It is all part of a big scam to show that no matter what, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PEOPLE STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU TELL THEM AND IGNORE THE OBVIOUS, EVEN WHEN SEVERAL PEOPLE TRY TO EXPLAIN IT IN TERMS A 3 YEAR OLD COULD UNDERSTAND. In all actuality. The girl who was calling me from this number, actually was calling me using a calling card. Turns out she is pretty hot too. So if this is the girl who has been stalking you all, she sure is a hottie, I would be glad if I were you guys.

By John on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 12:56 am:

Dude, it is a pre-paid calling card, end of story

By Annie on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 02:41 pm:

It's a prepaid calling card. I buy them at Sam's Club. They show up with various area codes on Caller ID but mostly the Georgia area code 404.

By SisterMonkeySpank on Friday, November 5, 2004 - 12:09 pm:

Obviously I came here for the same reason... Googled a number I missed...

Thanks for a very amusing 15 or so minutes reading all the posts... you get all kinds in the world, eh?

By Califlower on Sunday, November 7, 2004 - 10:57 pm:

you guys it is a calling card pre paid the person calling me is simply being an idiot for a reason i do know so stop with the theories although they are very amusing my number is the 4025179978 and i know for a fact this person is calling from the army in iraq

By Amanda on Monday, November 15, 2004 - 10:16 pm:

Hey I received a phone call from the number 720-587-9978 also and I also think that it is a prepaid calling card because I have been expecting a phone call from my friend who has gone back to his Army base before heading to Iraq and he had called like three times this past weekend while I was out of service, and if it's a calling card from the same company as any others that have shown up I would think that the numbers would all show up the same or very similar, so my guess is he's just trying to get a hold of me still...let me know what you all think please.

By Dee on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 12:42 pm:

Wow I just wasted 25 minutes of my life that I will never get back all to find out that someone with a calling card called me this morning.

By NavyDavey on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 03:34 am:

My wife recieved a couple of calls form this number early on
    Thanksgiving. The second time she found out that it was her
    brother calling to make Thaksgivng wishes. He claimed to be in
    Kansas City - but since he often has lied in the past about his
    travel destinations in order to go to Vagas or what-not we got
    suspicious when the area code was for a Colorado number. The
    odd thing is that when the two calls came in, they both
    originated as prank calls with a voice disguiser on the phone.

I'm still trying to figure out the process...
    Do they buy a phone calling card that permits them to disguise
    their voice for the first few minutes or what?

By Notworriedaboutridiculousphonecalls on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 09:24 pm:

holy jesus... you people are what happened when they started requiring car seats and bike helmets... you all need to be thinned out...

By FeelsGoodToGetThisOffOfMyChest on Wednesday, December 1, 2004 - 11:08 pm:

Okay, y'all! These are obviously phone card numbers. After reading through three years of "I think this is a calling card," I find myself wondering: These people can write English, yet they cannot understand it? Oh, wait, phone's ringing. Caller ID says 720-587-9978. I wonder who that might be? Dammit, y'all! It's right here in black and white, LITERALLY!! When someone can tell me who keeps calling me and hanging up at all hours of the night from "unknown name, unknown number," then maybe we can get somewhere, huh?

By KLN on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 04:13 pm:

Hmmmmm..
    I got a call from this number about 1/2 hour ago. I gave my number to a Lowes (Home Improvement Center) cashier yesterday........any link?

By Abc on Sunday, December 5, 2004 - 12:11 pm:

Okay, well I got a call the other day supposingly from somebody responding to an ad that I placed online looking for a pet for my children. This man called saying that he had what I was looking for and preceeded to ask alot of questions. I didn't think anything of it....just figured he wanted to make sure that his pet would be going to a good home, but then after he got my home phone number and enough info about me, he started talking very strange and made me feel very uncomfortable. I wondered then if I might of been caught up in some mess, with somebody that didn't really have a pet at all, but just some nut calling. Now I'm worried that with all the info I gave him that he might be able to piece enough together to find out where I live or something. I slept with my gun right beside me that last couple of nights.

By Terri on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 08:28 pm:

They are prepaid calling cards. They have several area codes but they all end in 9987. It could be a crazy calling for someone you know using a calling card.

By Smoove D on Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 03:26 pm:

Goddamn, I love the internet! This is some funny shit. Now I understand why half the country voted for President Dipshit. How could anyone be expected to realize that WMD don't exist, when they can't even figure out theat they received a call from a prepaid card after it was explained to them in plain English, fifty-seven times. Wankers.

By Smoove Ds Nuts on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 07:11 pm:

So where are these calls coming from then?

By Obsidian on Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 04:26 am:

Someone is using a prepaid calling card to call you guys, I think it may be MCI. As for the creepy calls that s just someone who figured out how to sidestep the system using calling cards. Not a big deal folks!!!!

By A proud American on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 12:27 pm:

some of you people need to really check yourselves. If you don't like this county, "Notworriedaboutridiculousphonecalls" and "Smoove D", then you need to get the hell out. We damn sure don't want you.

By Jj on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 05:29 pm:

Why is there a web site for this? I received a call from this number on my cell phone today.

By Sara on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 09:29 pm:

I recieved a call from this number on my caller ID, and is has the area code of Colorado...but I know no one in Colorado...It's real weird if everyone else on this site gets calls from this number. It was at 6:07

By Jim Bob Hatcher on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 12:33 pm:

I just received a very disturbing telephone call from 720-587-9978. The female voice on the other end of the line was threatening, hateful, bigoted, racist and most importantly, prejudiced. She gave me alot to think about, and I'm busy trying to write it down so I can sue her and all the other purveyors (you folks) of this telephonic discriminatory hate.

By Sellemarketer on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 12:40 pm:

To all you genuises who wrote on here about how you "deal with telemarketers," I got news for you. Normally, when we have some dickhead try to be a funny guy with us, many of us will write your number down (YES, WE CAN SEE YOUR NAME, NUMBER AND ADDRESS ON OUR COMPUTER SCREEN) and give it to all our co-workers. Then, for as long as it takes for us to get bored doing it, we'll all call you at all hours of the night for days on end and give you really bizarre and bogus pitches, sometims even pretending to be a friend calling just to annoy you. Believe me, fucking with a telemarketer who has your number is THE BEST WAY to get a million more calls. Some people have responded by thinking they wouldn't answer the repeated calls, or that they would pick up and tell me off again. You'd think twice when I call you 200+ times between 8 and 9 pm, then 4 more times in the middle of the night from my friend's cell, each time not even pitching you, just hanging up or saying something random. I even had one bitch pick up the phone after seeing my company on her Caller ID and she goes "I don't have time to talk to you motherfuckers." Apparently, a co-worker had talked to her previously because the notes on her name said "She had to go get her kid from school" so I made my voice high-pitched and I sounded panicked as I said "mom!?"...then I hung up. hahahaahhah...guaranteed I just rocked her world.

By Shaduuo on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 11:39 pm:

I just got a call from 720-587-9978 at 8:15pm mountain time. I just heard someone breathing on the other end.

By PplRsick on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 11:42 pm:

people are sick...

By jack on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 11:52 pm:

OHMIGOD!!! BREATHING!!! PPL BREATHING!!! THAT IS SO SICK!!! OMIGOD!

By Alana on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 04:16 am:

just got a call from this number too. the call was recieved at 1:52am... pretty late! who is doing these calls? i know it is a calling card but someone has to be dialing unless its a computer...

By SilverStrtch on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 10:03 pm:

This Number has been calling us 702-587-9978 It called us every 15min for about 2 hours Strait. What the Hell! We are pissed, they actually asked for someone who does live here. Other calls they simply said nothing. Who knows my Name from this number!?

By ImRonBurgundy on Monday, January 3, 2005 - 08:06 pm:

I got a call on my cell on New Year's Eve from that number. I didn't answer and no message was left. I did try calling it back but got the same recording as everyone else. Sounds like someone with waaaay too much time on their hands to me.

By Dlg on Monday, January 3, 2005 - 08:16 pm:

We just got a call from that number. (monday 1/3/05) Woman says my name is on a list of people and phone #s and addresses including CC #s. I did a search on yahoo with my name and... guess what! She was right! She did not identify herself but said she was from Tennessee. I got the # she was calling from off my caller ID and this is what I found. What the heck is going on and why is there a list with all these names and personal information for everyone to see on a public web site? Isn't this illegal?

By Mr. i. on Friday, January 7, 2005 - 03:58 pm:

We just got one ring at 5:30 a.m.
    Caller ID gave this number and I googled it.
    That's how I got here.

Could it be a "standard pre-paid calling card Call ID #"?
    In other words, ANY caller using a pre-paid calling card phone
    would show that number.

Who would call at that time anyway?

By Nate on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 09:26 pm:

So, you guys have a problem with the number you never heard? Well file it with "Do not call Registry". I filed with them and they (telemarkeeter) never bother me Again, now I feel good about it !

By Nate on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 11:43 pm:

super. now stop using my name

By Jack on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 12:22 am:

super?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact