nice photos

sorabji.com: Insomnia: nice photos
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Sionnac on Saturday, June 26, 1999 - 04:18 am:

I should get my camera back. had a nice Canon A1. Liked your NY images and the subway ride sound file; transplanted but still miss the city and you brought it back for a sec (without the high summer aromas!) How do you record the live sound?
    curiosity

By Sorabji on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 04:59 am:

listening to the garbage trucks and the taxi cabs start their rounds. today is Big Garbage day. when i threw away my couch a couple of years ago, today was the day for that. a couple of months ago i stuck my head out the window at this hour on this day of the week and saw a guy with a van and a little fork lift and he was taking a stove that someone had thrown out and he as lifting it into his van. he was such the bottom feeder and he was dressed for the part, and i thought he was a rock star that night. so when he was done loading the stove into his truck i yelled out my window "ROCK ON!!!!" and when i woke up later that day i felt like an absolute jackass because of it. but it felt good at the time. just like this does

By sarah on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 12:10 pm:

can anyone help me find the Dream Soup recipe i posted here a couple months ago? the one with quinoa and crab meat.

p.s. everything i post here makes me feel like a jackass.

By droopy on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 01:02 pm:

i made Dream Soup this weekend. i call it Dream Soup because literally i dreamed i was eating the most delicious soup - a soup i never had before nor heard of before. and when i woke up, i knew exactly what was in the soup and i remembered the recipe. i made it yesterday and everyone raved, even kevin's brother, who is the fussiest eater i ever met in my life. so here it is:

note: every ingredient i used was certified organic, except for the crab meat. if you're vegan, you could subsitite crab with diced baked tofu and vegetable broth for chicken stock, which would probably be yummy, but wasn't in the recipe in my dream. in my dream it was crab meat and chicken broth.

Dream Soup

Ingredients:
    1 tbs safflower oil
    4 1/4" slices fresh ginger root
    3 green onions
    4 cloves garlic, finely diced
    8 cups (or 4 cans) chicken broth - i used all natural chicken
    broth made from free range chickens
    2-3 cups water
    1-2 large carrots, sliced like little half moons
    2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1/2"-3/4" pieces
    5-6 small celery stalks, sliced
    1 can fancy white crab meat
    salt
    pepper
    2 bay leaves
    1 tbs dried basil
    1 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly or soaked for 30 minutes in
    warm water
    1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    juice of half a lime

Directions:

in a large pot, saute green onions and ginger root in oil for a couple minutes. add garlic and cook for just a minute or so on low heat, making sure it doesn't get brown. if the pan gets too hot, add a little chicken broth and let it simmer for a few
    minutes. add chicken broth, water, green beans, and crab meat, basil, bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. cover the pot and bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to medium simmer. add celery and carrots. cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. add quinoa, cilantro, and lime juice. cook until quinoa seeds soften and open up, about 15 minutes. serve hot with pork chops and homemade pumpkin bread pudding for dessert.

now you help me. lately my modem has started spontaneously to turn itself off. it's not a power drain or anything like that - nothing else goes off. it's just like the off switch had been flicked off by some unseen hand. this is the same modem i've had since 1998, so it's probably just dying.

By Antigone on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 02:39 pm:

Mark...

ROCK ON!!!!

By sarah on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 08:30 pm:

thank you so much, droop... ROCK ON!!!!

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 10:14 pm:

GET YOUR ROCKS OFF!

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 10:14 pm:

ROCK WITH YOUR COCK OUT!

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 10:15 pm:

COCKBLOCK YOUR FLOCK!

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 10:15 pm:

CROCK YOUR FROCK OUT!

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 10:17 pm:

SOCK 'EM WITH YOUR CROCKPOT!

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 10:19 pm:

TRUCK ON TILL THE FUCKSTOP!

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 10:20 pm:

SUCK THE LUCKY SPOT!

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 10:24 pm:

PLUCK OFF THE MUCK!

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 10:26 pm:

FUCK WITH ASSBUCK!

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 10:54 pm:

LUCK OUT WITH THE FUCKSOCK!

By semillama on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 11:42 pm:

GRIT IT AND CLIT IT!

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 11:59 pm:

SPLIT UP AND FLIT OUT

By sarah on Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 11:37 am:

um...

FUCKNOZZLE!

?

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 12:21 pm:

Umm...all this from a soup recipe?

By J on Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 01:03 pm:

I think a fucknozzel might be a penis,maybe not though.

By semillama on Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 06:42 pm:

I could be a highly evolved uterus, similar toa
    starfish stomach.

By patrick on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 12:15 pm:

i made soup friday.

it wasnt dreamy. it was spicy, too spicy for some of my pussy guests,

roasted pepper soup.

roast 3 red peppers (i used 1 yellow, orange and red)
    roast 1 pablano (i used cerrano) pepper

i used my broiler until each side was black. threw them in a ziploc for 5, ran them under cold water and peeled the skin.

dice 1 leek (green and white part) and 2 shallots. sautee until clear in 2 tbls spoons of oil.

disect and deseed all the peppers. dice.

throw half the red peppers and all of the cerrano pepper in with the leek and shallot.

sautee for 5

add 4 cups of chicken stock

1 tomato quartered

2tblspoons of fresh thyme, de-stemmed

1 tble spoon of pepper

simmer for 1/2 hour

add rest of peppers, salt. puree to desired consistancy.

serve the bitch up.

i made it too spicy. used 3 cerrano peppers instead of one pablano. i thought it was delic though....the kind of good spicy you end up chowing down on, and paying for it moments after the bowl is done.

By patrick on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 12:26 pm:

really this is good stuff people and totally easy.

it came from our Surreal Gourmet book.

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 04:03 pm:

"pussy guests"
    you invited cats over? how sweet. How come my cat didn't get an invite?

By Czarina on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 09:57 am:

Bad cat.

By agatha on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 12:06 pm:

that sounds good, as does the crabmeat soup, but i don't think it would be as good with tofu and vegetable broth. the pepper soup sounds like a good candidate for ring of fire syndrome.

i made a soup for guests recently, except i think i put too many beans in it. it was good, though. i got the recipe from the stranger, but i can't find it now. it had black beans and roasted butternut squash and garlic and jalapenos and tomatoes and kale and some other stuff in it, and it sounds really horrendous, but it was good.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 12:44 pm:

soups are such a good enticement to the palate before a meal.

they need not be heavy or hearty, just powerful with flavor.

this mexican restaurant we go to quite a bit serves a soup with you order an entree. Its usually lentil, carrot, corn or split pea. simple simple soups, not much more than a broth but with such a flavor, you get the sense they've been simmering all day.

By Dougie on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 12:55 pm:

MMM...Tom Yung Goong soup.

By agatha on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 02:45 pm:

By patrick on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 03:01 pm:

damn.

i feel your pain, especially when it comes to the fact that public transportation essentially caused you to miss your test, waste $100, and the subsequent stress.

somebody should pay for that.

By agatha on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 04:59 pm:

yeah. it really sucked.

not sure what happens now, i guess there's always next year.

By semillama on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 05:05 pm:

So, you can't take it because you don't have
    the $105, or was it the deadline thing?

By spunky on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 05:24 pm:

why oh why did it take me so long to figure that out?????

By droopy on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 06:18 pm:

poor agatha. big hug.

poor spunky. dope slap.

By dave. on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 07:20 pm:

a death in the family? anybody named "smith" die yesterday? i am really fighting back the urge to call those assholes and tell them that they will either refund or reschedule or i will cause 100 times that amount of damage to their institution. stupid motherfuckers, if it were their relative or friend, they'd just go ahead and check that little "deathinthefamily" box. fucking little bureaucratic tyrants.

By eri on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 07:26 pm:

On that I agree. It isn't like she didn't make it because of some irresponsibility on her part. She shouldn't be punished for doing her best on the information given. I have a cousin who used to live in Puywallup. She is going to Grad School in Seattle now. They just bought a house about a year ago in Baker I think. I am not sure exactly, but it isn't Puywallup anymore. I heard it is really in the styx and it is easy to get confused there.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 07:32 pm:

give em hell dave. seriously.

its not like you're dealing with Bank of America here. Its an public education institution and she just happened to get screwed over by the public transportation system. She just wants to take a god damn test.

By Platypus on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 07:57 pm:

Call the University of Washington and explain what happened, and that you'll try and expedite the test results. They should be willing to work with you.

Then, turn a gigantic laser onto the college board (or whoever it is doing the gres now), and vaporize them.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 08:03 pm:

speaking of getting fucked.....we are being denied a small business loan because apparently we were taken to collections this time last year...unbeknownst to us.

im speculating what happened but i think it was when i sent the wrong payments to the wrong parties.

i sent my car payment to the DMV for my car registration.

the problem wasn't uncovered until a month later of which was worked out with the auto loan bank, no problemo, all late charges removed, honest mistake, customer for more than 10 years no big deal, i even got a letter saying, "out of good faith and the honest nature of this, we are removeing all late charges upon receipt of this make up payment".

Apparently its against the law in CA to send someone to collections without written notice, which we never received and no one is answering the phone at this shady collections agency.

Fucking monolithic beaurocratic bullshit credit institution. Otherwise our credit is flawless.

Thats the ONLY thing stopping the bank from issuing a small business loan.

Like dave, i want to fuck some shit up.

By Czarina on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 12:22 am:

I'm really sorry Agatha. Hugs

By pamela on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 12:31 am:

I work for Bank of America... at the Loan Center, not at a branch.

And I would check the deathinthefamily box for you.

By Czarina on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 12:50 am:

I'm leaving in 6 hours to go to Phx to see my mom. She really gets on my nerves, maybe I could kill her,and you could use her for your needed death?

By agatha on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 02:33 am:

you guys are nice. i called uw today and left a message, i'll try again tomorrow. it's pretty much not going to happen, though. i'm fairly certain. i don't really have the money to pay for the test again, and even if i managed to get it together the testing center is booked up until after the application deadline.

it's too late for the death in the family thing, i already made such a scene with the actual true story that it wouldn't work at this point.

one more thing: patrick, collection agencies are balls out evil. pure and unadulterated wrongness. good luck with that.

one more: dave, good stir fry. kick ass, even.

By agatha on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 02:34 am:

oh, and spunky, you didn't understand the story because it was long and confusing and boring.

By semillama on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 09:47 am:

I was going to say taht friends would be more
    than wiling to help out with the fee...

By agatha on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 11:55 am:

i'm not into that. anyhow, at this point, it's the principal... i mean, it's a lot of money to me, and nothing to them.

By Spider on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 01:44 pm:

I *know* I just responded to this.

Anyway, Agatha, I feel your pain. That truly bites. It's like a job requirement for people in academic test administration to be unapologetic bastards, and I hope UW gets back to you soon, and that the person on the phone with you is sensible and kind.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 03:04 pm:

im learning that this particular collections agency is not only evil, but entirely incompetent.

I get better service from DMV.

By J on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 01:46 am:

Dave,do what you said you were going to do,the sqeaky wheel gets the grease,except in nursing homes.I'm sooo sorry Kelsey.

By Workinprogress on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 11:24 pm:

Czarina, we're ready for you to come home! get back over here! The Duck Killer!

Quack! Quack!!

By Czarina on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 01:49 am:

Sometimes you need to kill the duck,so you can see the tree's :)

By dave. on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 02:42 am:

i'm so proud of myself. today, i deliberately destroyed my digital camera. my 2 year product protection plan was going to run out in a few weeks and i've been meaning to either sell the crappy thing or figure out a way to ruin it without showing any outward signs of abuse and return it for an upgrade. i opted for the latter.

i tried smacking it repeatedly into my palm, sandwiching it between 2 powerful magnets for a couple of days and applying the current from a car battery to various inputs but the thing just would not die.

3 seconds on high in the microwave will destroy a digital camera.

now, i have one of these.

happy b-day to me!

By Czarina on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 03:19 am:

Happy B-day,Dave.

By moonit on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 03:32 am:

Yay Happy BDay Dave!

By patrick on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 11:36 am:

how do you explain this to your youngin?

By Nate on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 12:39 pm:

i have one of those too, dave..

By dave. on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 02:11 pm:

i would tell her to always buy the product protection plan when purchasing big ticket items. especially high tech items like digital cameras. it's a guaranteed technology upgrade. sears didn't even flinch when i told them what i wanted.

happy damned birthday to you, nate. enjoying the saturn return? mine was fucking smashing.

By patrick on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 02:24 pm:

damn i was hoping for a more complex explantion involving bringing down the man with his own warranty plan.

By Nate on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 04:24 pm:

i meant the camera, not the bday, if that wasn't clear.

it was a great day, yes. i have yet to be phased by the age i turn, which is alright by me.

what does dave. do on his birthday? especially, is the absence of alcohol present yet?

By J on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 06:43 pm:

Did you two get my b-day cards? Did Dave quit drinking?

By dave. on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 07:26 pm:

nah, i won't be bringing down the man. best i can do is tell him to kindly get up off of me and pull my pants back up.

you were clear, nate. i was referring to this bunch of bs.

my birthday was pretty ok except for everyone trying to make me have a good birthday. "are we having fun yet?" "yes, this is great!"

some people came down from seattle and we went out for pho. then i rented and watched jay and silent bob suck cock and the first ½ hour of tomb raider. agatha gave me pie and i went to bed.

yeah, j. it's been some 22 days since i've smoked or dranked. i can't see any thing positive resulting from any of this yet except maybe saving some cash but i'm still fucking broke so what the fuck difference does any of it make? i have been more prone to blanking out into what might be fugue states but they're full of rage so i don't know if they could be accurately called fugues.

i'll check for the card, j. thanks!

By patrick on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 07:37 pm:

i saw that jay and silent bob thing and found myself asking repeatedly "what the fuck did you do Kevin Smith?" How the fuck, could the same guy who did Mall Rats and Clerks be making this piece of shit?

By heather on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 02:22 am:

those films are over-rated

By patrick on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 11:43 am:

in any kind of intellectual sense yeah. as far as comedy goes...they're funny. I laughed a good belly laugh.

By Nate on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 11:46 am:

i have oatmeal

By J on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 12:06 pm:

I thought Jay and Silent Bob was funny and Zoolander,but then again,I'm easy and I was drunk and stoned.Good for you Dave,I tried to quit drinking,but when my mom died I needs me something to help me sleep.When I get back to "normal" I'm gong to get a patch to quit smoking. Dave I sent your card to stinkape at cox.net since I know they fucked my @home e-mail address,I figured they did yours too.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact