The Crocodile hunter

sorabji.com: Insomnia: The Crocodile hunter
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Semillama on Sunday, August 8, 1999 - 01:58 am:

What's not to love?

At first, i was annoyed by him, but after watching it on saturday afternoons, i realized how fucking good this guy is at what he does. He was chasing rattlesnakes today, and the best part was when he was holding an eastern diamondback he had just caught and was going on about it, then there's another rattle and this priceless expression crosses his face as he looks down and there's another one between his legs.

But my favorite so far is the sea snake episode, when he and his wife are collecting sea snakes so they can be milked for venom. They are in a boat and see one swimming at the surface, so he just dives right off the boat without even pausing and grabs the snake. Jeez! The guy has replaced Kane as my short duration personal saviour.

By MoonUnit on Sunday, August 8, 1999 - 06:04 am:

He's got to be fucken crazy.

New series starts on friday here.

I'm not gonna watch.

How many more snakes/crocs/bitey things can we watch this man catch/milk/show off with?

where does it end?

By Semillama on Sunday, August 8, 1999 - 11:11 am:

I want to see him milk gorillas.

By Nate on Sunday, August 8, 1999 - 03:33 pm:

the show is great baked.

in related news, the police just recently had to kill the real crocodile dundee. apparently he picked off two of them with a high powered rifle as they were dismantling a roadblock intended for him.

g'day mate.

By MoonUnit on Sunday, August 8, 1999 - 05:29 pm:

*L*

My ex boyfriend hung out with Steve (thats his name isnt it) and Terry at some park thing. He said it was really good.

By Semillama on Sunday, August 8, 1999 - 10:52 pm:

Yeah I figure hanging out with them would be cool for a while, but I think it might get hard on the nerves after the guy runs after the snake for the third time.

By MoonUnit on Monday, August 9, 1999 - 06:44 pm:

*rotf*

yeah or wrestles yet another croc just so you can see how damn tough he is

By Waffleboy on Monday, August 9, 1999 - 06:52 pm:

I saw this show, Wild Things, and these snake hunters were in search of King Cobras in some village in India. They had to catch one to get his venom to come up with the antidote. And this crazy ass local who is helping with most of the hunting is like right in the snakes face, the cobra is flared, ready to KILL this mug. anyway, they view the snakes with high regards and before he can capture it, he has to "apologize to the gods" of reptilia or whathave you. So to do this, he has to kiss the snake between the eyes. So here is this cobra within inches of this kids face, it is said he can trance the snake with his eyes, then it is relatively safe to kiss it, and he does. Unfuckingbelieveable!

then they throw in the bag and carry on with their day absolved of divine condemnation

I got bitten by a corn snake once and thats all it tkaes for me to STAY THE FUCK AWAY.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact