please wake up...i'm delaying schoolwork

sorabji.com: Insomnia: please wake up...i'm delaying schoolwork
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 01:19 am:

time for a break and nobody's on. pity that.

By Isolde on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 11:27 am:

*comf*

By Flynn on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 01:33 pm:

ive been doing no schoolwork for three weeks strait. I have also not gone to school till today. I waited till they called me.

By Flynn on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 01:34 pm:

i hate thanksgiving

By agatha on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 01:48 pm:

"straight." go to school, it's good for you.

By pez on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 04:08 pm:

yes, it improves your spelling. i miss spelling. haven't had any spelling since i was 12.

By Tom on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 08:29 pm:

School seldom does too much for one's sense of subtlety or sarcasm, though. Nor, apparently, for one's understanding of correct capitalization.

heh. I love this place. no one capitalizes nuthin. no one grammar-squeaks either. wonderful. blah.

right. so. The quandry: Do I spend thanksgiving alone, or with someone else's family?

I don't mind so much being alone, really. But I'm a bit afraid that I will just look around at 4:30 and realize that I'm incredibly sad and lonely, that my life is meaningless because I'm not eating dead bird and tubers with people who share some genes with me, like everyone else is.

On the other hand: the "someone else's family" is a houseful of mind-numbingly annoying hardcore Jewish stoners. They remind me WHY people claim (rightly or wrongly) that marijuana will make you stupid. I occasionally take Sunday dinners with them, and I always end up annoyed at being there.

But, they did invite me to T-day. Which says something? maybe?

Nate? You out there?

By Isolde on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 08:35 pm:

Yes, Pez, spelling was really helpful for me.
    Although you wouldn't know, since I'm typing
    on my friend's iMac and can't seem to type
    anything right...

By semillama on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 08:43 pm:

Marijuana doesn't make you stupid, it just accentuates what is already there.

on a side and unrelated note, My mom just handed me a family history newsletter from her side of the family, and I now know my the native spelling of my grandmother's maiden name - Dziewidek.

By Tom on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 09:55 pm:

Dziewidek. That's unabashedly cool. backwards, you know, that would be kediweizd. When you write proper names backwards, should you capitalize the first or last letter? Kediweizd or kediweizD?

I'm forgetting the little I used to know about how marijuana actually physically affects the brain... due, possibly, to the effects of marijuana on my brain? something like that.

um.

sound check.

By Cybergirl on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 11:16 pm:

Would you believe that I have never tried marijuana, not because I didn't want to, but because I never knew anyone that had any.

By TBone on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 11:32 pm:

I haven't either. But I don't feel particularly
    left out. I enjoy caffeine abuse enough. I
    actually chose not to, though.

By Czarina on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 12:20 am:

No drugs,alcohol,perversity or sex will be tolerated at this site.

By Cybergirl on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 12:28 am:

Then what is left to do for fun?
    Is profanity allowed?

By Czarina on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 12:32 am:

Tom,go have T-day with your Jewish stoner clan.They sound like an okay group to me:)

And Tom,tubers can be your friend.

By J on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 01:16 am:

Pot makes you forget,that's all I remember.

By pez on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 01:29 am:

i wouldn't know. it just smells funny, almost like urine or something.

capitals, capitals...i really don't like them at all. i occasionally use them, but i'm not a ver fast typer and they just slow me down. i do use them in papers and so on. bah. i hate writing papers.

spend it with the stoners. you can always leave. if you spend it by yourself, it's harder to get away from what's wigging you out.

i have to work on thanksgiving. we usually have holiday dinners at three, but this year it's at five and all because of me. bah. two years ago i had a fight with my parents on whether or not i'd eat turkey. i gave in, partially. when i leave i won't.

i met some really nice people today, because i was studying in the lounge and i wondered who was playing the piano. i can't remember anything anymore. it's sad.

By Tom on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 07:58 am:

Actually, I think I won't go with the Jewish stoners, because they all make jokes that don't make any sense, and then laugh. And because they keep trying to convince me that Portland sucks, and I should move to San Francisco, regardless of the fact that SF costs 5 times more to live in, and I've already been there. Oh. and because I'd really only be going to make Sunshine happy, and I really don't care any more. That, and perma-stoned people just bug me. Oh. AND I have a new CD player, so I can sit around and play starcraft.

Actually, I think I am going to go into the office on T-day and put in a good 6 hours so that I can collect on this paycheck, as it will be my last before the big move. I hate moving. I have to box up all my stuff and ship it; assuming we get the place. If we don't, I have to sleep in a car in Portland, which sucks. And I have to get rid of my table, and my desk, and my bookshelf.

One good, oak dinner table for sale: cheap.

I always get grumpy when I realize that I'm awake at 5am on a workday.

Do i really need all these books?

"Elements of Web Design," by Darcy DiNucci. bleh. horrid book.

By Isolde on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 08:32 am:

I don't smoke anything because of my asthma,
    I've never, ever smoked pot. It just doesnt
    interest me, although I know it works for some
    people. It was opium for me.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 12:14 pm:

you should eat it.

make brownies...

you'll be giggling in no time...

silly silly silly

good luck finding opium, ive only smoked it once...and that was out of a stonerheadshoppipe....no where near the manner it should be smoked. it worked though...holygibblygoop!!!!

i've been smoking a lot of hash lately. its in....get it while its good.

nico came home and bought a kickshit pipe from china....it's about 21/2 feet long....made of silver i think....and has these cool dragons on it..the bowl part is huge, total party pipe. yesterday we stuffed it, i pretended to be a chinaman...sitting in the hooch, smoking a wad of opium.

By TBone on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 12:17 pm:

I imagine if I did move to illicit drugs, I'd go for Meth and/or Ex.

Oddly enough, people tell me I come off as a very relaxed, easygoing dude. Based on just that, a guy once asked if I liked Pink Floyd. Good guess, I suppose.

I read that caffeine improves long-term memory. Unfortunately, in large doses it kick's short-term memory's ass.

Time travelling.

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 03:14 pm:

eeh gods. not meth. that stuff makes your teeth rot.

yucky ducky.

By Isolde on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 07:16 pm:

I,er, used to grow it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact