This is killing me!

sorabji.com: Insomnia: This is killing me!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 12:23 pm:

OK. I have talked about the possibility of my job ending on me. Well, it is begining to look more and more probable every day.
    So I decide to do something myself, because the uncertainty is killing me.
    I surf monster, and find this job.
    I check out the Hometown and think that this looks like a nice, quiet little town.
    Now I am in that horrible "hodling pattern".
    I have not heard back about my application and resume, and have called to see if they have received it via email. Of course I get voicemail. HR NEVER answers the phone when they have a job opening. Can't say I blame them either.
    I think I am very qualified, and I am hoping there are not a lot of people interested in moving there, but I am not sure.

I AM JUST GOING NUTS HERE!

By spunky on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 12:25 pm:

PS, that's holding pattern.
    Thank God for spell checker.

By Antigone on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 01:07 pm:

at least it wasn't "hardling pattern"

By Spider on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 01:10 pm:

Or "hoodly spatter"

By sarah on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 02:15 pm:

you want to go back to kansas? christ.

By spunky on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 02:19 pm:

lets see here...
    Move to Kansas and get a $10K raise
    OR
    Stay in Texas and be unemployed...

I'll take Kansas for 10k, Alex

By heather on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 02:20 pm:

not to be a downer, but im not sure that
    applying to *one* job is the way to go to solve
    your anxiety

just keep applying so you won't be sitting
    around waiting for a reply

By heather on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 02:23 pm:

and it's called the "flesh" company-- *shiver*

By spunky on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 02:24 pm:

I have, I am up to 4 now.
    But the one in Parsons is what I want.

By spunky on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 02:24 pm:

By Rowlf on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 06:02 pm:

why would your job on you?

By wisper on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 06:56 pm:

what kind of scary-ass paranioa shit are they going to do to you when you leave/get canned from your current job?
    Are they still going to keep tabs on you?

By Rowlf on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 06:57 pm:

I meant:
    Why would you lose your job?

By spunky on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 08:29 pm:

for all the huffing and puffing about increased military funding and security, they are actuallly drawing down a LOT of my type of jobs

By Rowlf on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 09:20 am:

so who or what is the money going into then?

By semillama on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 09:49 am:

I would bet that it's all part of the government's move to privatize every job that isn't considered "Governmental" in nature. They are taking aim at NPS archaeologists, for another example.

By spunky on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 10:45 am:

The military has been working on moving "non-military specific" positions to private or contractor.
    Odd thing is, they are laying off civilians AND not handing out many contracts.
    Currently, 70% of the Army is deployed in over 120 international locations, so I am wondering if that is not eating up a lot of funds.

By J on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 06:16 pm:

Did you get the E-mail I sent you about that job at Westar?

By The Watcher on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 01:27 pm:

Even here the government is trying to privatize.

Some of our divisions have already had to bid on the work they already do against private firms.

I've found in most instances around here that private companies do a lousey job. It's not totally their fault. It's the nature of government work. They get a contract to do something within a specified amount of time. Then the specs change and they have to start over again. By the time their contract expires the project they agreed to do looks almost nothing like what they contracted for.

Of course I've seen the same thing in private industry. But, they can manage it a little better simply because of the size differences. Fewer cooks with their hands in the pot.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact