cry, scream, pout...

sorabji.com: Why I oughta...: cry, scream, pout...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By MoonUnit on Monday, December 7, 1998 - 07:31 pm:

So anyway, surfing the other day from home... thought to myself, self I thought lets download some mp3's. Cool

Not cool.

The four songs I got were:
    a> a synthesizer version of Kiss - I was made for loving u (man and was that scary!) (Oh yeah the reason I was downloading that was cause I used to love that song when I was five, and I thought it would be good for 'cringe value'. I used to dance round the lounge in front of my mum and nana)

shit moon stop right now b4 u embarass yoursef

b> was called the right name and by the right artist (who are female) but turned out to be the wrong song by a male artist? *hmmm*

c> the first minute of a song ( I was not happy)

d> vanished after I downloaded and was no where to be found (very strange)

*sigh*

What does this mean... mp3's hate me. I should just go out and *gulp* BUY the music I want..

man.....

oh if anyone wants to check out my list of mp3's ya can mail me at moonunit@chickmail.com

By Gee on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 12:17 am:

I don't like MP3's. I mean, in theory I dig them, but really I don't like them. I try not to download too many of them, because they take so long, and I know I'll get sick of them after a while, and if I ever meet the artist and say "I love this song of yours!" they might say "how did you hear it?" and then I'd have to mention that I got the MP3 and gyped them out of a couple bucks. They'd hate me.

I fear the day I meet my boys. That's part of how I got into Spirit of the West. I heard a song of theirs and it got under my skin, so I went looking for the MP3. It was freaking hard to find, too! But when I did I was glad, and I passed it on to any of my net friends who'd listen. I even downloaded the other song of theirs that was listed (heh, that one ended up becoming my favorite of their songs) and last night I sent it to a friend who has now been swayed to go out and look for them and buy an album. The good part of all this is, after listening to that first MP3 for a couple days, I decided I needed more, and bought an album.

But just think...now if I ever meet them, I can't tell them the charming story (and it's very charming, indeed) of how I came to fall in love with them, because it mentions MP3's.

Hey wait....I own the CD's these songs are on, now. Which means I'm not breaking any laws! Ha! Go me!! Charming story ON!

By Swine on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 11:34 am:

you're hurting my brain.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 02:39 pm:

Many artists really like the idea of MP3s. The Beastie Boys are probably the most vocal advocates, and they've written long articles about the benefits of the format, which I haven't read.

I know one of my favorite bands wanted to have some MP3s on their website, but their *label* wouldn't let them.

I'm sure your boys wouldn't mind.

By Waffles on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 09:31 pm:

but i like big bright shiny record covers with lengthy linear notes..something to get your hands on......besides i resent my computer speakers and the piddly amount of hard drive space.....

By Jinafishes on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 12:06 pm:

I don't even understand why bands would -really- be against mp3's in the first place I mean, you take tape exchanges and all those simular ideas and the only difference is the quality, so to say that tape exchanges are good because of the shitty quality and mp3's are bad because of the better quality is messed up, and to say it's because of the money the band isn't receiving, I think they make it up when doing tours, more listeners, more fans. The copyright issue, well that doesn't even need to be bothered with, encryption happens in more ways than one.

By J on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 12:25 pm:

I know Tom Petty is all good with mp3,s,and David Bowie is going to release his C.D.,on the internet.

By Waffles on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 12:40 pm:

david bowie is washed up.......i threw up when i saw he collaborated with Trent Reznor......on the last piece of shit he did......i think there is controversy over MP# simply due to the money the labels will loose. However, if they were smart, which I am sure they are, they will embrace the new technology, and proceed to dominate the medium fully.

By J on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 03:20 pm:

He,s on the stock market now,has his own pay site

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact