have a baby

sorabji.com: Why I oughta...: have a baby
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Bell_jar on Friday, April 7, 2000 - 05:14 pm:

i saw a lady in the hallway who was pregnant. it made me really excited because my friend tammy and i decided to have a baby together (once we're out of school). she bought me a baby name book a few weeks ago because i was feeling down.

a baby... how exciting.

By All about the human body on Friday, April 7, 2000 - 09:43 pm:

where will the baby come from?

By jane on Saturday, April 8, 2000 - 12:00 am:

fucking up another human being as a cure for feeling down...how exciting.

get a puppy.

By agatha on Saturday, April 8, 2000 - 02:35 am:

how do you know she's going to fuck it up? cynic.

By J on Saturday, April 8, 2000 - 03:16 am:

Are you fucking nut,s?Oh sure they are cute and helpless,but then they get hormones and then your fucked life goes to hell in a handbag,by the time you finally get rid of the little bastards,you have to worry about your parent,s,my mom is less than human,she has no friends,she ias a miserable bitch,she is evil and must be desroyed........................

By J on Saturday, April 8, 2000 - 12:35 pm:

Sorry, ignore me when I,m tanked.

By Bell_jar on Saturday, April 8, 2000 - 02:46 pm:

i understand where the mistake came from because i said she brought me a baby book when i was down. however, i'm not having a baby because i'm down. i'm having a baby because i love children. i want to have a child. i have all these intentions of adopting or becoming a foster parent, but i want to experience the whole pregnancy thing. that is my fear though that i'll mess up my child. but i saw how my mother was, and i won't do the same things that she did. i won't lay guilt trips and i will be supportive but not leaching. and as i said i will have a parenting partner, so i'll have support and provide support.

as for the getting pregnant part... that is the problem. we'll figure it out, i'm sure...

By Antigone on Saturday, April 8, 2000 - 03:38 pm:

Asking for donations?

By heather on Saturday, April 8, 2000 - 03:55 pm:

um

this is none of my business

but after things you said on another thread- and your saying that you won't be like your mother. just be careful. you sound like you have some important things to work through and having a baby might keep you from doing it.

i only say this because i've been in at least a similar place

if you fear messing up a child, you may not be ready

By Rhiannon on Sunday, April 9, 2000 - 03:12 pm:

Why not adopt? That way you can fulfill your own mothering needs *and* do a lot of good for a child who may never know what it's like to have a mother.

By cyst on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 10:36 am:

when in doubt, don't get pregnant.

By Jesus loves all the unwanted babies. on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 11:04 am:

and hey, adoption is tax deductable!

By Margret on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 11:18 am:

My mom's cat is pregnant.

Wouldn't you rather just rescue a nice companion animal from your local shelter?

By semillama on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 01:41 pm:

I'm going to do just that this weekend.

I think.

By Bell_jar on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 02:32 pm:

mmm... cats are good. i have one and he used to be really mean, but then i sent him to my mom's house while i was away over spring break. he came back really nice. i think he just realized how awful his life could be and he'd better appreciate the nice place that i give him.

i'm constantly rethinking the pregnancy idea. i will adopt. no doubt about that. today i'm unsure. i do have one year before i graduate, so nothing will happen soon.

By cyst on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 08:52 pm:

do me a favor, ok?

if you do get a child, please don't have any physically abusive "friends" over. even if they don't hit the kid, it's no good for the kid to have to watch them hit you.

By Bell_jar on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 10:07 pm:

ouch ouch ouch. i have no intention of exposing my children to that. i know what it's like to be a child and to want to protect your mother from the evil bastards who try to hit her. i think that is one of the things that have me so fucked up. he'd never been violent before. i didn't expect it to happen. the whole thing was really scary. i'm very unsure about the way things will go from here. however scared i am i doubt that i will just shut out everyone because they may someday snap like my "friend" did. it's so scary to think that people do things that you never ever would expect them to do. i'm very aware of how things happened. i know that he drank. while we met in the park i told him that i never wanted to be around him when he was drunk again. i would never drink around him. no drinking around the kids darn it. so i'm not as irresponsible as you may think i am.

By Isolde on Wednesday, April 12, 2000 - 05:52 am:

Yay Sem!
    there are many homeless animals here. It makes me sad. The Irish government clearly doesn't give a flying fartle about it, and it's really depressing to see how many animals are killed cruelly by their owners due to a bad spay and neuter program.
    Argh.
    Rant over.

By patrick on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

i wonder if bell jar got a baby.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact