...get me a ghost!

sorabji.com: Why I oughta...: ...get me a ghost!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 03:11 am:

oh my frick.

the shoe department is haunted. i swear. i was kinda sure before, but now i know.

ever since i've begun working for freddy's, some seven months ago, there have been some odd happenings in the departmen and stockroom. strange noises, jumping shoes, the odd avalanche of boxes. it was claimed that we had gremlins.

today (or yesterday, rather, looking at the clock) was a bit more intense than usual. somewhere around 7 pm, a shoe jumped off a table. when mony (harmony, a coworker and friend) went to pick it up, another shoe jumped off the same table, nearly hitting her in the head.

now, when i say jump, i mean jump. sliding shoes move as soon as you set them down and are fairly predictable. jumping shoes just sit there, until BANG! the jumping shoes are confined to mens nonathletic. we have similar womens shoes, but they never even move, not even slide.

all through the evening, i'd hear someone trying to talk to me, with no recognizable source. it was as if i was hearing something without hearing it...so weird.

then, while i was organizing the ladies shoes on the wall at the far end, i heard a noise. i looked towards the counter and saw a man. i started over to help him, but with a blink he was gone.

i hope whatever it is, isn't dangerous. i know a lot of people don't bielieve in these things, but i've been attacked before by supernaturals and it's not pretty.

By Hal on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 04:18 am:

Why are you messing with my skull at 2:30 in the morning... Do you realize that the entire hallway to my room is dark, and its dark in the room I'm in right now, and I damn near fucking peed in my pants because of that...

DAMN Pez, what are you trying to do kill me?

By pez on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 11:56 am:

no, seriously, i was scared last night. i had to leave a lamp on in my room to fall asleep.

i'm thinking that i'll ger familiar with my tarot cards again and see about communicating with it. it's caused some trouble and is generally an annoyance, but if it was trying to talk to me last night then it obviously needs something.

By Rhiannon on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 03:01 pm:

How about you tell him to behave himself and stop scaring you when you feel him around? They don't always need things from you, you know.

By Dougie on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 05:54 pm:

I think it's cool that they (they == theater folk) leave a light on on a deserted stage.

By Hal on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 07:34 pm:

For our fallen theater folk.

By pez on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 02:19 am:

yes, but if it was trying to say something, maybe it needs someone to listen.

on the theater note: there is a highschool in eugene or corvallis where a boy fell from the catwalk while working on lights and died. ever since, people have felt menacing presences and narrowly missed death in the seats where he died.

i'll have to look it up.

By Hal on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 03:58 am:

I cannot deny the presence of spirits... They exist of that I can be sure...

But you truly scared the fuck out of me.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 10:19 am:

I had a dream about a ghost last night. It was a long dream, and I forget the beginning part (something about trying on a red skirt in the attic of a house with my mother trying to hurry me along to go somewhere -- common themes in my recent dreams).

Anyway, I and a bunch of friends were in this place that was laid out kind of like Disneyland - lots of paths with attractions along the way. Only the attractions were old houses and such, not rides. Stuff happened. I ended up in the basement of one house. The basement had a spiral staircase (extremely narrow) that led out of it. The steps were covered with graffiti that could have been part of the attraction, or could have been scrawled on there by all the people who had gone up the steps (I wasn't sure...it looked kind of fake).

I knew that a girl had died after getting stuck trying to crawl up these steps (the spiral was so tight that you could only crawl up them and you could barely, barely squeeze your head through the gap to the next level -- you basically had to crawl up the wall in the very tight gap beside the stairs). I could see her (the point of view switched back and forth from her p.o.v. to an observer's), and her face was completely covered by a very thin veil that was all red with her blood. I don't know why she was bleeding. This part of the dream was terrifying...I/the girl were panicking as we were caught in the space beside the stairs.

Something about a butler.

Something about trying on dresses in the attic.

The ghost girl shows up at this point, but looks different. I remember talking to her and trying to act nonchalant, like I wanted her to think I thought she was a living person.

More stuff happened.

I woke up.

By pez on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 11:12 am:

i used to be the best storyteller amoung my friends. ghost stories. i mostly retold three tales; "the hotel", "the trunk" and a summarization of a book that i can't remember the title of.

eventially i stopped, around sixth grade or so. i couldn't sleep after telling those stories, because i scared myself.

i see a connection between the beginning of the dream and the ghost.

could she be a doppelganger?

nearly every dream i remember involves stairs. often i used to dream of my grandparents house, with the addition of a secret room. it had several entrances that may or may not be there, but could always be entered from a ladder in the basement closet, the creepiest place in the house.

the latest dream i had of the house, i was living there, alone, running a nursery. i also took care of several cabbage patch dolls (they talked to me and i'd help them from on top of the dressers--they had small beds and trunks set up on top of all the human-sized dressers). then one day, as i was walking the paths through the nursery and the woods, all these hands began to come up through the soil, grabbing at my ankles, feet, the rest of me when i fell...

By Hal on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 05:14 pm:

Damn people... Did something not happen in my childhood, that ssemed to have happened in yours... Damn I'm fragile.

By pez on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 06:25 pm:

have you ever seen a ghost, hal?

By Hal on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 07:28 pm:

Yes.

Both in life, and in Dreams...

The dead scares the fuck out of me.

By TBone on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 07:55 pm:

I'm intensely afraid of my basement. It's really really old and rough, and it's got these deep, dark areas at the top of each wall between the rest of the house floor and the dirt. There's a bunch of junk back there, and I'm curious about it, but not curious enough to crawl back there. Names spraypainted on the walls. There are weird things down there like an alternator and a bunch of pulleys fastened up on the boards overhead. We found a syringe, too. There are two slide-locks and a padlock loop for locking the basement from the outside.

Can't spend more than a couple minutes down there alone without getting the major spooks.

Attic isn't much better. Ancient, rotting clothes in little piles, egg cartons, ceiling covered with the business end of small nails. (Don't hit your head.)

Noises. I really don't care to see anything.

By Hal on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 09:10 pm:

TBone, when I get to Missoula and finally see the house remind me to avoid your basement and attic.

By TBone on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 10:48 pm:

You kidding? You're spending the night in the
    basement. I just bought a padlock just for you.

Let me know what the alternator and pulleys are
    used for.

By pez on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 12:19 am:

i saw a ghost in my house when i was two or three years old. no joke.

i woke up one morning, bright daylight. i opened my eyes and looked towards my closet. there was a white thing, around five feet tall, coming to me. at me.

i hid under the covers and peeked out after a while. it was still coming. i lost it and ran to my parents room. they didn't believe me, and it was gone by the time i dragged them into my room.

there was a ghost in the furnace room of that house. i never saw it, but every time i went down to the basement, up until we moved when i was nine, the furnace room light had to be on otherwise it would eat me up.

when we moved, there was a ghost in the laundry room, but i may have fabricated that because the lightswitch is behind the door.

i've had at least three encounters with the supernatural (not counting the shoe ghost) in the last three years or so. i had a ghost cat hanging around me for a while, it would bite me at first, but later on it made a very nice pet. i called it head. there was also the "green man" and a malicious spirit that slammed the door into the garage while my best friend and i were having a session with the ouija board. it was awful.

By Czarina on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 12:33 am:

Maybe your shoe store ghost just needs new shoes.

By pez on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 12:37 am:

or a good set of insoles...i should've thought of that.

By Hal on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 04:08 am:

Yeah being dead would be pretty uncomfortble to the feet, walking around all the time and shit... Most dead people unless zombies I've ever seen (and no I've never seen zombies) don't have feet...

In anycase TBone, I am still working out the housing arangements for the move... As of right now I'm to be living in three different places, one of two relitives, or MY CAR... Sounds fun eh'. In any case, I'm going to be there on the 8th... Which reminds me I need to call Scott find out what time, where to be, blah blah blah, all that shit on the 8th... Damn man I'm confused as hell.

By J on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 02:42 pm:

Maybe Shelia will come back and clarify the zombie feet business,maybe she will get the zombies to help you move.Speaking of moving,does anyone have sem's e-mail?I saw him post it on the wayd board,I think it was doktorsessillama@yahoo.com but I forgot to save it and if anyone has it I'd sure appreciate it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact