Orleans Thread #3, the house of sin

sorabji.com: Why I oughta...: Orleans Thread #3, the house of sin
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Antigone on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 03:46 pm:

Who wants to stay in a house at SorabjiFest?
    How much are you willing to pay?

If you don't have much to spare, I'm sure we can work something out...

e-mail me or say here...

Thank you. That will be all.

By TBone on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 03:53 pm:

I'd love to. That would be too much fun.

I'm driving because I don't have much to spend.
    I don't know what I can afford. I can probably budget what I need to. How much do you forsee this costing?

By Hal on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 03:55 pm:

I'm in.

By Antigone on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:07 pm:

I don't know nuthin' yet. I just thought we should start putting it together now.

Stay tuned...

By J on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:27 pm:

Czarina was suppose to be scoping things out,I haven't heard from her since last week,but her life is hectic.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:31 pm:

i don't know that i'd stay in the house, but i might pass out there so i'll pitch.

By semillama on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:47 pm:

I'll pitch too.

Avoid the hotel I was in, Antigone, I fear for its structural stability.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

we will need structural stability.

a lot of structural stability.

By pez on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 04:58 pm:

if i get out, i'll come. by get out, i mean move out.

By Cat on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 05:02 pm:

How long are you mob going to NO for? Ten bloody years?

It's two nights max. Who cares where you stay?

All this planning is really ruining it. Just go, already.

By Hal on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 05:22 pm:

try 5 days.

By Antigone on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 05:35 pm:

Officially, it's October 19th-21st. I'll probably tack on an extra day or two, depending on my work schedule, though.

By Cat on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 05:52 pm:

I'm not being mean. But I know from much experience that too much preparation ruins a good holiday.

I'll shut up now, cause I'm not going anyway and I want to be nice so you'll post all the nakey pics. hehehe

By semillama on Tuesday, August 7, 2001 - 06:11 pm:

All the prep we need is a place to crash. We need a space that will fit every one who's going there and doesn't want to spend a shitload of cash on a hotel (probably be about $140-$180 for two nights at a place that's safe and clean). The less we have to spend on a room, the more rounds we can buy each other. I have faith in czarina. She'll probably wangle a mansion or something.

By Czarina on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 10:00 am:

All right.I'll need an official ass count.
    Not just of how many who want to stay together,but of all who are planning to attend.[Sometimes,proper preparations,can lead to dandy good fun,wink,wink]

I know Nate and Heather will probably stay in some hotel.But there are some group activities,that umm,could be quite entertaining,for those rooming en mass.

I have been in contact,with my co-conspirator,and preparations are in the works.

Also,I would like to get an idea of what licquor each member prefers,so we can start acquiring this now.

There is a possibility,that I will ask each of you to bring a specific item.You will have plenty of advance warning,and this will not be a costly thing.But I will ask,that each of you keep secret,the item you are to supply.[more on this later]

Well,lets see a show of hands,of those who are planning to attend.

{and Cat,you're just a big ole sour-puss,is China really more important than this?if you come,I'll personally supply the kitty litter!}

By semillama on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 10:05 am:

I am coming definitely for sure. I bought tickets. I prefer Tullamore Dew but it could be expensive, in which case single-malt scotch is good.
    Let me know what I can do to help.

By Jim aka Pajama on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 10:31 am:

Ass count huh? Hmmmm. Tryin to figure out if mine will need to be counted more than once.

I am coming. Will be doing the hotel thing with Ms. Dani, but, will not let the "en masse group activities" escape me. heh.

As far as liquor is concerned, I'm afraid I'm somewhat of a wuss. I'm a Bud Light man. Altho I have been known to guzzle Sour Apple shots.

Let me know what to bring.

By TBone on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 10:33 am:

I'm there. I prefer Mountain Dew and strong coffee.

Not that I'm opposed to purchasing and bringing alcohol. The two types I've tasted and didn't hate were sake and hard lemonaide. But I like regular lemonaide better.

By patrick on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 11:18 am:

i think we are coming.

i think.

we will stay in a hotel as well.

we havent got out tickets. not sure when we will.

when we have the tickets we will book our hotel.

The lady loves Jack. Better yet, Makers. Im good with that too.

By semillama on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 11:39 am:

Maker's is good.

I will take you two and anyone else to that bar Antigone and I were at. Good liquors. Great atmosphere.

By Nate on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 01:03 pm:

i'll drink anything. these are my brands:

grey goose
    belvedere
    absolut

jack daniels
    wild turkey (101)
    makers mark

tanq malaaca
    tanq

sauza hornitos
    patron
    don julio

beer

By patrick on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 01:13 pm:

patron's some good shooting tequila

By Nate on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 01:17 pm:

they all are.

By cyst on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 01:26 pm:

sauza hornitos
    patron
    don julio

I'll have to remember those. I want to get some tequila muy buena in mexico in a couple weeks.

By cyst on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 01:27 pm:

oops. "buena" is one of those adjectives that precede nouns.

buena vista. buenos dias.

By Spider on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 01:48 pm:

I just learned that the rule behind this is syllable length. 1- or 2-syllable adjectives go before the noun, 3-syllable adj.s go after. I always thought it had to do with the semantic meaning of the adjective (good/bad, pretty/ugly, big/small all went before), but no.

By cyst on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 02:03 pm:

hmm. just found this:

Sometimes, a descriptive adjective can precede the noun. If the adjective is descriptive, but speaks of a quality that is inherent and usually taken for granted, the adjective comes first.

la blanca nieve
    the white snow (snow is inherently white)

los altos picos
    the tall peaks (peaks are inherently tall)

By cyst on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

Also note that in Spanish not all adjectives precede the noun, only adjectives that describe a property that's taken for granted (usually also emotional adjectives) appear BEFORE the noun, others appear AFTER the noun. Adjectives that appear BEFORE the noun are usually not very important, they don't really tell something new or important.

By pez on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 02:06 pm:

i'll try to come, but there's no guarantee.

if i get this job at the dr. martens store, i probably will.

By Spider on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 02:56 pm:

Hmmmm...yes, that agrees with what I had always thought.

However, last weekend my father (Italian by birth, Spanish and Italian professor by profession) told me that you can say "la bella ragazza" but must say "la ragazza intelligente" because of the length of the syllables and that this is the rule. *However,* he is known to give the short explanations when the long explanations are required, just because he thinks you don't need to know or want to hear the long explanations, even when you stress to him that this is not true. So he's not to be trusted.

By bell_jar on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 03:05 pm:

i haven't bough my ticket yet, but i will be there.

it takes only two beers to get me drunk, so whatever i drink i won't be tasting for long.

By J on Wednesday, August 8, 2001 - 04:53 pm:

I'm telling my s/o that I'm staying with Czarina,and then we are both staying in town,I'm waiting to hear about it.

By Jim aka Pajama on Thursday, August 9, 2001 - 02:26 am:

DECEPTION IS FUN!

By Czarina on Friday, August 10, 2001 - 01:53 am:

Deception is necessary,in this circumstance.You can count on me,J!

I may be divorced by that time,myself.

Let me know how long you are coming for,and I will take time off to accomodate our visit.

We'll stay in the Quarter,so we'll have easy access to all the debauchery."Active participation",thats my motto.

By Jim aka Pajama on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 09:47 pm:

Hmmmm. Hasn't been much said about the big event lately.

Is it still happening?

Hmmmm????

By sarah on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 08:42 pm:

oh yeah.

it's still happening.

some days it's all i have to hang on to.

By Antigone on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 01:29 pm:

Yep...still happening! I have to consult with
    Czarina about a place. Details to come..

By Jim aka Pajama on Monday, September 10, 2001 - 04:59 pm:

good. I am still planning on going. :)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact