...go marshmellow roasting in Goma!

sorabji.com: Why I oughta...: ...go marshmellow roasting in Goma!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Salty on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 11:12 pm:

Come on, it'll be fun for the whole gang!

Someone bring some weiners too.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 12:57 am:

that's fucked up you cocksucker. 100,000 people are missing. unaccounted for. ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 12:57 am:

(no offense intended to those who suck cock.)

By Czarina on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 11:34 am:

Okay Salty. You lead us there. We'll be right behind you.

Carrying our sharpened weenie sticks.

We'll know what to do with them. You won't have to tell us.

All those choosing to participate in cock sucking activities,can position themselves posterior to the stick wielders,[for obvious saftey reasons].

Except you, Salty. Cock sucker or not, we need you to be right up front. So we can prod you on.

By J on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 12:38 pm:

I,m sorry,but I don't share my weiners.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 08:14 pm:

You know something? Tragedies on or
    surpassing the scale of 9-11 happen in Africa
    all the time and americans still don't care.

By Czarina on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 01:00 am:

Africans care.

By Salty on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 01:24 am:

I was just joking about the VOLCANO.

The refuge part is OBVIOUSLY a massive tragedy, well except the 50 morons who were looting a gas station when it blew up. It's kind of hard to find sympathy for sheer stupidity.
    "The lava's coming!"
    "What should we do??"
    "Let's go loot some place that contains massive amounts of liquid explosive!"
    "Great idea!"

Nope. Sorry. My compassion only goes so far.

But lighten up Nate.
    I can tell that you get more than a few immature "cocksuckers" in here from your defensive riposte.

It was just a joke.
    Now if I said,
    "Let's go grab some sticks and roast some GOMIANS,"
    then that'd be totally off the scale, warranting some type of witty retort, like repeatedly calling me a "cocksucker."

By Salty on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 01:33 am:

And semillama, you're right.
    Not about all Americans, but many. A good deal of the fault lies on the American media's shoulders - international stories don't get squat for coverage over here, especially when the US commits those tragedies (in Africa), you know, like the 1998 Al-Shifa bombing?
    Yep.
    The American Press was too busy saturating the important news of Bill Clinton's phallic adventures.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:02 am:

lighten up my ass, you ass.

By patrick on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 12:25 pm:

how many africans give a rats ass about 9-11? i dunno. this point seems moot.

id say what isn't moot is salty's idiocy.

considering you've probably NEVER been to Africa, NEVER experienced a volcano eruption...you really have NO clue what was happening when the gas station blew up. In the states its not a stretch to realize that should your neighborhood be overrun with BOILING LIQUID MAGMA coming from all directions you could find yourself near a gas station, a truck with fuel on it, a hardware store with propane tanks lining the shelves etc.

So you know...fuckface....shut you're hole. People are dying of something NO ONE in the world has control over.

As far as Im concerned that could be me.

By Czarina on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 04:28 pm:

[you're not African]

By The Watcher on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 06:07 pm:

I am the Walrus.

Maybe.

By Salty on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 04:35 pm:

My idiocy Patrick?

Obviously, when compared with your scintillating retort full of "probablies" and far flung absolutisms based upon nothing but vague, guesswork constructions.

Gawd, you sound about as informed as my cat.

I, on the other hand read the story in both the London Observer and the NY Times, as well as seeing first-hand footage on CNN (which is always dubious, but it still reveals some things).

They weren't cut off at all. They KNEW the lava was coming, KNEW everyone else had already left (including the station's employees and owner, as well as the authorities), but thought they could loot some freebie stuff before the lava reached them. They guessed wrong. Kind of like you.

It was stupidity, plain and simple.
    (again, kind of like you)

PS - By the way, in your little colorful scenario:
    IF you DID find yourself caught somewhere with lava "coming from all directions" I HIGHLY doubt a "a truck with fuel on it" would do you much good, seeing as it's "coming from all directions."

Just some friendly advice, in case one day you do find yourself "experienc[ing] a volcano eruption."

By patrick on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 05:16 pm:

your post makes no sense.

By Salty on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 06:34 am:

LOL - how many sockpuppets do you own?

By moonit on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 12:21 am:

Lick old ladies? What does that have to do with sockpuppets?

By Salty on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 06:14 pm:

Ahh, you figure that one out and you could rule the world...

By moonit on Friday, February 1, 2002 - 01:31 am:

*ahem* I _already_ rule the world.

Didn't you get the memo?

On your knees insignifcant child.

By Nate on Friday, February 1, 2002 - 10:28 am:

you mortals crack me up.

By The Watcher on Monday, February 4, 2002 - 03:15 pm:

Oh. I really wish I had a good line here.

But, alas the mind is the first to go.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact