Go Fishing

sorabji.com: Why I oughta...: Go Fishing
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

"LOS ANGELES — For many Americans, "fishing" conjures up images of a quiet lake or gentle stream with man and nature at peace.

But not everybody sees it that way.

"We're trying to get fishing banned in all state parks," PETA’s Bruce Friedrich said.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals says fishing is a violent and cruel sport that victimizes the innocent inhabitants of the nation's waterways. They've initiated a campaign demanding states ban the time-honored sport. "
    Full article:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,60532,00.html

By patrick on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 12:36 pm:

PETA is a cruel organization that victimizes innocent thinking people.

Why you read Fox News spunkle?

By semillama on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 01:14 pm:

PETA sucks. I would go on about it, but I'll
    save that for kazoo, who really has some
    wonderful rants and thoughts on PETA.

By spunky on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 01:26 pm:

I read Fox News because they are the first entertainment (notice entertainment and not news source)that the DoD notifies of actions they are trying to publicize.

I don't know if you have noticed or not, but I am going through another review and modification process of my opinions.

By eri on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 01:37 pm:

Boy is he ever.

By patrick on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 01:39 pm:

Fox News just raises my blood pressure.

By spunky on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 01:57 pm:

??? Eri?

By Platypus on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 01:59 pm:

The fishing objection is a little much.

The main problem with peta is that they end up alienating the people who they are trying to convert. Silly peta.

By Kalliope on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 02:45 pm:

PETA sucks. I used to live right next door to their headquarters and the amount of nasty ass lets shock the fuck out of people pictures they left around town. I don't like being treated like I'm stupid.

By spunky on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 03:31 pm:

Eri, you still there?

By Dougie on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 03:41 pm:

They can have my fishing rods when they pry them from my cold dead hands. Or when the fish aren't biting. If they trade me beer for them. Or let me throw gang hooks into a crowd of Peta demonstrators for a while.

By eri on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 03:53 pm:

I was referring to your modification process of your opinions, honey. Have we not been talking been talking about this at home even last night? You are definately changing the way you see and think of things over the past few months and have been doing a lot of it lately. That was all I was talking about.

Peta annoys the shit out of me. I can't explain too much of why, but they just fucking annoy me.

By Nate on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 05:00 pm:

i loved it when peta sued the california milk advisory board for the happy cow commercials. because it was a false depiction of dairy cows.

i grew up in petaluma, ca where the cows live just as depicted.

except for the talking part. maybe.

By patrick on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 05:05 pm:

with some of the weed they grow up thata way, im sure cows can talk.

By semillama on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 05:15 pm:

PETA-luma?

By Platypus on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 05:55 pm:

the former chicken capital of the world.

By kazoointoit on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 06:04 pm:

PETA is evil. And I think it's a conspiracy. I came to that conclusion a few years ago after I visited their website to complain about their stupid "Got Beer" campaign (I used to have A LOT of free time on my hands). I became convinced, after my inquries about what to do with the all of the workers whose livlihoods depended on the meat/animal inudstry were answered with these incredibly vague and abstract responses, that the entire organization was funded by the government and meat industries to keep lefty-hippy-vegan freaks from doing any real damage.

I also hate PETA because Alec Baldwin is a big supporter and that should be enough for anyone. I read an article several years back about how he wrote to the World Bank (I think) and urged them not go give money to Chinese peasants for cattle for beef because of the horrible way that beef cattle are treated in the United States.

I am against cruelty to animals, and I think the meat industry is fucked up. But I don't agree with PETA's logic or solutions. I find the whole idea of animals having "rights" to be kind of odd, especially when you look at how the whole concept of rights has been articulated and developed in liberal philosophy. If you read the writings of John Locke and imagine animals instead of national citizens, it just sounds bizarre.

By J on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 07:13 pm:

Alec Baldwin,didn't he say he was going to leave the country if Bush was elected? Yes he did,so why's he here?

By kazoointoit on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 07:18 pm:

Because he hates me.

I don't know really. No matter what he does, he brings out the worst of the Statler & Waldorf in me:

GET OFF THE STAGE!!!

By patrick on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 07:22 pm:

dude, sem, you scored with her.

she cracks me up.

that pussy comment the other day was the funniest thing to hit this dump in years.

By Cat on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 07:28 pm:

I would do Alec Baldwin.

But just so I could fuck some sense into him and not because he's a spunktard with cunnilingus written all over his gorgeous jaw.

By semillama on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 07:28 pm:

I AM the luckiest guy in the world.

PHHTHHHBBTTT!

I would like to be a waldorf to her statler or
    vice versa, but one, i don't know which is
    which, and two, she has one in her best
    friend. I'm more like, i don't know...
    which muppet would I be?

By patrick on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 07:31 pm:

fozzy? maybe gonzo?

By kazoointoit on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 07:36 pm:

golly Patrick thanks (blushes)

Shannon is Statler to my Waldorf and the world is our muppet show.

Sem? You're a little Zoot, a little Gonzo, and a little Lew Zealand all rolled into one.

By Nate on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 09:30 pm:

plus a healthy helping of that muppet that looks like richard dreyfus.

By bell_jar on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 01:29 am:

i like alec baldwin or at least i think i do. i met him at a
    short story reading a few months ago. he seemed
    likeable enough.

By J on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 02:16 am:

He's a hairy man.

By Kalliope on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 01:37 pm:

and he's got a butt i could bounce a cheeseball off of.

By Nate on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 02:18 pm:

i just got this flash of kalli with a strap on raping alec baldwin's ass.

i wonder where that came from.

By Kalliope on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 02:30 pm:

you saw that video?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

he fuckin promised no one....godammit.....MANNNNN!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact