calm the hell down

sorabji.com: Why I oughta...: calm the hell down
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 04:26 pm:

I got into an argument a half-hour ago and now I'm stuck in "fight" mode. Stop me before someone gets hurt. Including me. I nearly mouthed off to someone way the hell up the corporate ladder, which would have sunk me for sure.

I have 15 minutes to go. I can be good for 15 minutes.

What do you guys do when you're like this? How do you get your blood to settle down?

By patrick on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 04:41 pm:

drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, masturbation, sex, brisk walks to nowhere, videogames.

sometimes i wonder if such an event, mouthing off to a superior on the corporate food chain, wouldnt do you good.

By J on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 05:18 pm:

If I'm mad to begin with,drinking just makes me madder. Guess you can't do it at work hon but when I'm mad and don't want to go to jail,I hammer nails in scrap wood.I know that sounds silly but it works for me.

By Cat on Friday, August 30, 2002 - 06:06 pm:

I don't know what to do with anger. It just burns up in my face and makes my eyes wet.

Hope you lasted the 15 minutes, Spider. If you didn't, I hope you went down in a stylish flaming ball rather than just a red-faced impotent one.

By The Watcher on Sunday, September 1, 2002 - 03:49 am:

Just grin and bare it.

Then make a VooDoo Doll at home and stick it where it will hurt.

By moonit on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 02:38 am:

I got a note when I got home from work calling me snarky and selfish because i threw away my flatmates dinner tonight. It was in a pizza box with some crusty old garlic bread and some empty containers that were left on the bench. Today is rubbish day so I picked it all up and chucked it.

Last Monday there was rubbish all over the bench they had left there - I didnt throw it away and it stayed there for two days (yes I know its disgusting and unhygenic).

When I read the note I got so angry I started bawling. Then I wrote them a note explaining why I threw out her dinner, and asked them to leave within a month.

I hate flatmates.

By Nate on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 01:05 pm:

maybe you should consider living with men?

they're much more agreeable.

By moonit on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 02:49 am:

I do. I live with a couple - N my cousin and her boyfriend L. I woke up to them slagging me off big time last night. He was saying that the neighbours must be the ones chucking the rubbish over the fence (they aren't - N&L put a rubbish bag outside that cats & weather have caused the rubbish in it to scatter all down the side of the house and into the garden which they will not pick up) - and so on. N was in the middle of ranting about how I was a bitch, when I walked into the lounge and told her to shut up as I could hear every word. We got into a big screaming match, while L said nothing.

N asked me why the house had to be tidy every day. She also told me that if I wanted to invite people over that I should let her and L know so they could clean up for them. How many times should you have to explain to people that you don't want them to clean up because people are coming, you just want the house to be clean? Also if I invite people over during the night do I then ring them at work to tell them to come home and clean as I have company coming? Fucking people piss me off.

I rang N this morning from work and said 'I really think you should move out. I've thought about it and I can't live with the stress and the mess - you can take as long as you need, but if we continue to live together its going to cause problems. She said... Really? Oh.

For fucks sake.

Have one of you 'mericans got a gun I can borrow?

By Spider on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 08:48 am:

Yeah, I lasted the 15 minutes.

Now I'm back and I want to go home. I'm unhappy here. I feel like I'm wasting myself.

Moonit, you should look into living alone.

I LOVE living alone.

By kazoo on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 09:10 am:

Goodmorning Spider. I'm glad you made it through the 15 minutes.

I love living alone too. Moonit, I highly recommend it if it is at all possible.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 09:18 am:

Kazoo, are you familiar with Sparklehorse?

By kazoo on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 09:22 am:

I can't say that I am. Should I be?

By Spider on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 10:40 am:

They have a song called "Good Morning, Spider," that's all. They're a strange band...every song is in a different style, and I don't they're good at any of them.

I need to go back to school.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

I was right!

You know the argument I got into on Friday? I was just forwarded an email that included a message that confirmed my position in my argument. Whoo!

By spunky on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 01:48 pm:

"drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, masturbation, sex, brisk walks to nowhere, videogames. "

Patrick, do you do all those at the same time, or one at a time?

By patrick on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 02:04 pm:

not anymore.

there are certain drugs available to make such multitasking a reality though.

By pez on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 04:29 pm:

like vitamin w?

By patrick on Tuesday, September 3, 2002 - 04:49 pm:

no pez vitamin C

By moonit on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 01:56 am:

I think I will live alone again when they move out. Even though it is more expensive I really value my privacy and space (thats the only child thing coming out).

By dave. on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 04:27 am:

i like sparklehorse.

By Nate on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:41 am:

oh god dave., no you don't.

By sarah on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:43 am:

Good Morning Spider.

By Spider on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 06:38 pm:

Good afternoon, Sarah.

How serendipitous. I'm kinda sorta riled up and looking for a fight in a generalized sense at this moment.

I long for the day I can finally live alone again. People and their shit, man -- I just don't want to deal with it all the blooming time, you know? Lesson herein: never live with the people you work with, or vice versa, if you can help it.

This one is pissed off for some unspecified reason and is moping on the couch, muttering monosyllabic answers to pressing questions while she watches trash TV. That one was cheerful up until 25 minutes ago, when she suddenly shut down and no longer wants to talk. Is it because I didn't offer to help her carry the package she was already reaching for? Who knows?

I probably drive them crazy because I space out and don't live to anticipate their every desire. But at least I'm good-natured 98% of the time! Is it too hard to ask that people reflect upon the thorn in their side and determine whether it's your thorn or theirs before they decide to get all snarly?

I can cheer up by thinking of something one of my students said to me at lunch today -- he was eating peacefully and suddenly he grabbed my arm and asked, "Why are you so old?" I had to hide my face, I was laughing so hard.

By V on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 03:10 pm:

Spider,v was at one time a collage lecturer,indeed I did hold that high office,and if I was in that situation,I would say "if only the good die young,then I will live for ever"....think of a fox,most die at 3 years old,the smart ones live much longer.Mazeltov,Tvaritch.,yeah,and I also hate teenage kids,from 13 to 18 they need to be put in a freezer or something.

By Nate on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 03:37 pm:

,,,i thought 13-18 was your dating pool?

By V on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 09:30 pm:

Nate,I have no problem with frozen chioks,do you?....and it tends to make parts of the breast tissue stand out real proud,if you get my drift.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact