Stop wigging out!!!!!

sorabji.com: Why I oughta...: Stop wigging out!!!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By eri on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 04:15 pm:

It's 2:05 here. I got the call yesterday. I have a job interview in 25 minutes. I am just trying to kill time before I have to go cuz I am just plain wigging out!!!! I am going psycho. Freaking out....being stupid (which is nothing different than what I was in those other two interviews).

Frankly, I can't believe I made it this far. I mean, there were approximately 30-35 people for the first interview. Then only 6 for the second interview, and I royally screwed up one of the TWO math problems she gave me. Not to mention that she was very open about her issues with the fact that I live on site which can cause tons of problems for her. She told me she would let me know her decision by today. Then yesterday morning I got "the call".

Yep. Eri's getting a 3rd interview. I don't even know if I really want to be working or not. I just don't know. I don't want Micki in a "day care" or "pre-school" as they would both be very bad for her in ways I don't have time to explain right now. My babysitter got another job. I don't know who I am going to get to babysit, and I have NO CLUE what this will even pay. I just know it would be working EVERY WEEKEND and 3 days a week. It would also be desk monkey work, meaning that it won't require major neurons to do the job and you would think that many people were capable, but for some reason I have made it to interview #3.

It's a very very small company so no fringe benefits, no medical, dental, discounts on rent, whatever. Lots of time on my feet in the heat during the weekends.

Ugh. I am just wiggin and need to get my brain back to sanity level.

Wish me luck guys!

By semillama on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 04:38 pm:

good luck, eh.

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 04:56 pm:

eri,i am tracking you on many threads,SO have you got the job?

By Nate on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 04:57 pm:

how'd it go?

By Spider on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 05:05 pm:

I'm wishing you good luck right now, eri....

By spunky on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 05:08 pm:

she's not back yet.
    that's a good sign.
    I think.

By heather on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 05:10 pm:

all you people and your multiple
    interviews....weird.

it sound like she'll be relieved if she doesn't
    get it :)

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 05:11 pm:

eri,as Nate say,HOW,D IT GO?[All has gone peacefull on Sorabji,]we are waiting for your reply.

By patrick on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 05:17 pm:

thats what im saying heather.

the childcare issue, plus the job itself sounds like a bitch, with no benefits.

By eri on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 05:46 pm:

I have never gone through this "multiple interview" thing before either. It's very weird to me.

OK, so the final decision was supposed to be made by today, but instead I got called for a 3rd interview. Ugh.

Playing field originally 30-35, by second intervie was 6 and by 3rd interview it is down to two people.

In a secret way I am hoping that I don't get offered the job and am thinking of nice ways to turn it down, but my excuses are slowly being taken away from me.......

So this one was a "group" interview where the entire office staff got to ask me whatever they wanted to see how I would work with them. It was a bunch of lame assed questions I have already answered before, or a bunch of questions I wouldn't know the answer to cuz I have not actually worked in property management before. Shit like "If someone calls you on the phone and immediately wants to speak to the manager or assistant manager only, what do you do?" Duh, I dunno George. "If someone calls to get information on a tenant, what do you do?" "How are you at walking?" (Yep, they seriously asked me that one). "If two phone lines are ringing at the same time, what do you do?" I felt like saying "Ignore the phones, go to the bathroom and mastubate" I swear. Idiot questions. "Do you know that you would be working weekends?" Gee, thought that was already covered. "If someone calls with an emergency, like flooding what do you do?" Fucking idiot questions. "If someone wants to see an apartment what do you need?" A fucking drink, yes they must bring me mass quantities of booze or I won't show them apartments. Christ. It was just lame. So then they went and got the manager again and she came back and said that it was down to me and one other person and that she would let me know.......I had to ask if it was allright if I asked some questions.

So I asked about the wage. (my rule was that if it payed less than $8 per hour, I wouldn't take it cuz I couldn't afford day care).....it pays exactly $8 per hour. Then I asked if the 3 days during the week were scheduled the same every week or if they changed every week. She said that Sat, Sun and Mon were manditory and that the other two days would be set, but negotiated at the time of starting the job.

Well, I ALMOST had a babysitter, but their days during the week are Tues, Wed, Thurs, so since Monday is manditory they can't do it.

I am so confused right now. I mean, it would be so nice to help bring in some money, but DAMN, this is a lot of fucking drama for $8 per hour. For a fucking desk monkey job. I am just so conflicted over the whole thing. Not to mention the whole thing with Micki needing school, wanting school, and no school will give her the appropriate curriculum cuz of her age. I swear. I am going to go nuts. I need a drink.

"How are you at walking?" Well, I have been doing it for 28 years, so I guess you could say that I do know how. Fuck.

I just don't know.

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 06:23 pm:

"I felt like saying 'Ignore the phones, go to the bathroom and mastubate' I swear."

Holy shit, eri, you rule!

I'm fuckin' dyin' here!

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 06:49 pm:

eri,i understand this estate agency shit,if you have the right look,religion,face,your in,otherwise your out,i understand this estate agency shit,i was there years ago.If you get it, you have to lie lots and lots about property,but if you get it right,you get big fat wads of cash from property developers.I know you can do it.This can turn your life around.

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 07:18 pm:

Who would want to make money off of people by lying to them. Isn't that the same as stealing from them?

By eri on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 08:22 pm:

I know I don't have the right relgion. I have the look (I always do that) and the smile. But I don't want to have to lie. I don't believe in that. I don't lie to people, or my kids and if I catch someone doing that I will correct them in front of my kids. It pisses people off, but I don't believe in lying. I don't want to do that for a living. It would be like selling my soul for money.

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 08:43 pm:

Antigone,if Eri needs a job,are you objecting or somthing,?i just tell her where its at at,ive been at the sharp point of real estate,and you can make vast amounts of money by lying to people,i do not enjoy it,and i know you would not,for that i give you respect,yet if you needed money real bad,would you not tell a mis truth to someone?

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 08:51 pm:

Eri,you will do your own thing,first get the job,then do your own thing.You may well make more money than i ever did.

By spunky on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 09:32 pm:

"Who would want to make money off of people by lying to them. Isn't that the same as stealing from them?"

Lets see
    car salesmen
    home relators
    life insurance salesmen
    MLM recruiters
    Military recruiters
    telemarketers

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 10:10 pm:

Spunky,if the shit hits the fan,what do you do?keep high moral standards and have the re-po man banging on the door?

By eri on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 10:49 pm:

I am not that desperate for money. I just thought it would be nice to ease some of the burden off of Spunky. This job is hourly, showing apartments. It's a leasing agent job for a very small company. I don't know how much lying I would be doing since I really like the new manager. She is really trying to make this place much better, nicer, like what I am used to.

I dunno. Only time will tell. But I do have to say that when the shit hits the fan, I would rather keep high moral standards and have the re-po man knocking at the door than lie for a living. That's just me. Then again, I don't have anything for them to re-po. Maybe that's why it is so easy for me to say that.

By Lapis on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 11:05 pm:

...polititians
    spammers
    most salespeople (people get angry if you honestly don't know)
    some police...

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 11:24 pm:

eri,lapis,when i was young,i had to make money any way i could,thats whats made me well off now,i dont say its good,or moral,its just what you have to do to survive.

By Lapis on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 11:28 pm:

I know. I have to sometimes too, but that doesn't mean I like it. I usually try to find someone else who knows.

By eri on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 12:13 am:

I have been fortunate enough to be able to leave those days behind me now. I have worked some shitty jobs, in crappy assed conditions, to make sure my daughter had food. I put up with a lot and dished a lot of bullshit out. Hell, I worked for AT&T, which is bullshit central itself.....

I just don't want to go back to that.

By Antigone on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 09:28 am:

I make my money by not lying. No compromises neessary.

And I have gone hungry to uphold that.

By semillama on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 10:24 am:

Eri, hopefully you won't have a similar workplace experience to this woman...

Woman has 'penis in dinner' law suit thrown out

A 60-year-old South African woman has been told she cannot sue her employer - after finding a penis in her canteen dinner.

The discovery of a piece of cooked penis in her stew was so traumatic for the hospital cleaner that she had to receive psychiatric help, reports South African daily The Star.

Sophie Matlala says she was so upset that she became a vegetarian overnight.

The Pretoria High Court heard this week that her ordeal at Medforum Hospital occurred on May 11, 1999, as she sat down for lunch and started to enjoy a plate of goulash.

Ms Matlala took a couple of forkfulls of golash before "tackling the meat". She says it was slippery and she could not cut it with a knife. She took it in her hand and placed it in her mouth, but the court heard that the "meat" was so tough she could not bite through it.

She took the offending morsel out of her mouth, inspected it with her colleagues, and they all concluded that it was a penis.

Ms Matlala said she vomited for the rest of the afternoon. She claimed that the hospital has a duty to ensure that meals served to staff are fit for human consumption.

Hospital authorities confirmed the woman's suspicions, but indicated that meals for the staff were obtained from a different supplier from the one who supplied food for patients.

Because it had been cooked, it could not be established whether the penis was from a human or an animal.

Judge Phineas Mojapelo turned down her application. He pointed out that she had had three years from the date of the incident to institute legal action but had failed to do so until it was too late. He expressed the hope that her legal advisers would advise her that she could institute a claim against them.

By spunky on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 10:51 am:

"I make my money by not lying. No compromises neessary.

And I have gone hungry to uphold that."
    tiggy, i deeply respect that.
    I had a real estate broker who owned a large agency in Missouri offer to pay my costs to get my REA license because he liked my charisma.
    He was a regular customer when I was an assistant manager at taco hell and a department manager at Wal Mart.
    I did not take him up on the offer precisly because I did not want to earn a living by lying.

By Spider on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 10:56 am:

How'd they know it wasn't a big buffalo tendon or something? A big burned sausage? Did it have a urethra?

I've been offered another job within my company, in another department. I don't know if I should take it or not. On the plus side, the salary would be a lot higher than anything I could get at a bookstore or library or retail or any other entry-level position. Also, the job itself would be a lot better than my current one, as I wouldn't have to deal with the angry public.

On the minus side, I'd be working in the same office, and I really wanted to move away from this area because it's so expensive here and I don't have friends or family close by. Also, I wanted the challenge of living somewhere new. And I'm really not a Businessperson. (Though this would be an editorial job, which isn't too business-y.)

But I doubt I could find a better job on my own, and the poor job market scares me.

Oh, what to do?!

By J on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 11:08 am:

If you make more money then things there shouldn't be so expensive,maybe? Heh,from Sem's story,I take it Sophie won't be down for a blow job any time soon.

By TBone on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 12:18 pm:

Vegatarians give lousy blowjobs.

By patrick on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 12:42 pm:

eri.

sounds like a crap job. i think you could do better. really.

spidey....

stick with your original plan.

leave.

its time to shake the tree.

the poor job market, once you've dipped in the business world, is surprisingly easy to get back into. they appreciate the professionalism you've gained from the business world.

you'll make ends meet, you always will. don't worry about that.

By semillama on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 01:01 pm:

"Vegatarians give lousy blowjobs."

Not true.

By eri on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 01:01 pm:

Spider, I could find PLENTY of jobs out here if I really wanted to work. I have NEVER had a problem finding work. Maybe not the greatest pay, or ideal working conditions, but always able to find something.

Two things that appear to be clinchers out here
    1. knowing how and when to be professional
    2. being able to think for yourself

You can do both of those. You can find work.

All of the people I know who currently cannot find jobs are people who
    1. Won't start for less than $XX,XXX (when they could make $25,000 a year to get by they won't accept less than $65,000 a year, so therefore don't find shit)
    2. Don't really try or seem unwilling to do a crap job (food services or retail or things like that) to make ends meet until they can find something better.

You don't have these issues and will do just fine. Just be somewhat flexible in what you are looking for and you will find something new.

I am seriously concidering turning this job down. I can't seem to get into it. I can't get my mojo going, can't seem to get excited. My heart just isn't in it, especially with the difficulty finding a babysitter for Micki.

I am also wondering if getting my rag the MOMENT I get back from the interview is a good sign or a bad sign?

By eri on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 04:59 pm:

OK, so Eri feels like TOTAL SHIT today.....goddamned endometriosis. I don't even have the strength to get out the vacuum and clean the carpet in the living room, or put the dishes in the dishwasher....

So I got off of my lazy ass and got in touch with the doctors.

I have an appointment on Monday.

So I went to the front office and declined the job, because I will have to jump through so many hoops to get this surgery done, but it is time to fight.

She appreciated that I was up front with her before the final decision was made....before she offered me the job I went to her, and she said that it showed integrity, and that after all of the surgeries are done, to go back and she might have a position available.

It went well. She thinks of me a strong in integrity and ethics, and honest. So if I decide later that I want to work there I am almost guaranteed the next opening.

Now I don't need to worry about the job and I can go ahead and work on this surgery and maybe in the end get me fixed!!!!

By V.v. on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 05:49 pm:

eri,whatever you do,do it well.

By eri on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 06:15 pm:

Thanks VV. Right now I am going to focus on getting my body fixed and taking care of the kids. I do need to fix myself. I bet I will be much happier when it's all over. If I don't have to miss work all of the time, I will be happier when/if I go back to work. I just don't think this is it for me.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact