smack the bitch!

sorabji.com: Why I oughta...: smack the bitch!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sadmoonit on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 03:35 am:

I hate my job. Actually I like my job, but I hate Hate HATE this woman at my work. She's an evil, nasty, manipulative cow, a pretend christian, she's rude, she's making my life a living hell.

I am looking for other work. But I don't even get to interview stage. I want out, the Pandyr told me to just quit tonight - I should get about $5k for resigning (due to super contributions), but I can't be jobless, its too scary.

I have no idea what I want to be. Actually, I want to be at home. Where other people can't bloody make you feel like shit for being good at your job.

I invest so much of myself in pretending that everything is okay, that her grunting in reply to my 'Good Morning's' or 'Can you help me with this' or 'How was your weekend' is not affecting me, when it fucking well is.

My boss thinks I am too sensitive, and that her attitude isn't a problem. My co-workers all know that she is picking on me and that she bullys me. She tells me off for things I didn't do, informs my boss on EVERY LITTLE THING I do in error, talks over me in meetings and generally treats me like I am invisible. She did it to another girl who was there (and who left shortly after I came on board), and now I guess its my turn.

I'm over it. Big companies may give you good benefits, but they sure as hell don't give a fuck about good employees.

By wisper on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 07:37 pm:

:(
    i hear ya moonit. When i got fired (STILL SAD!) from my job with the charity, my very first thought was "Thank god I'll never have to see that miserable bitch again... oh yeah, I need a new job."
    The day before I had finally snapped at her during lunch and expected to get a stern talking-to over that anyway. I resolved that I would be taking all my breaks and lunches outside from then on anyway, even in winter, just to avoid her.

it's hard

By kazu on Friday, November 25, 2005 - 11:36 am:

If I were in that situation, I wouldn't talk to her unless I
    needed to. Then I'd write down everything she says or does
    and when she says or does it things that seem insignificant
    and not related to work. Then take that list and summarize
    it into a few paragraphs that explain how it affects your
    ability to work. Tell your boss that you are not being too
    sensitive and that this woman is creating a hostile work
    environment that affects your ability to do your job well. If
    your boss won't listen, go to her boss or to the department
    that handles these kinds of gripes, if you have one.

I know it sounds all Dear Abby-ish, but it might work if you
    handle it in a "professional" manner. At the very least the
    boss should talk to her about the work specific things.
    Something like, "I do not need you to discuss moonit's
    work with me." and "I would appreciate it if you would not
    talk over other employees in meetings."

Or, put her email on every pagan, wicca, harry potter,
    boyband, heavy metal, etc. listserve or email list you can
    find and let the fun begin. My friend Simon (Boston Simon,
    not Atlanta Simon) used to do this to people all the time. I
    guess there was this one Britney Spears page that would just
    dump tons of e-mails overnight.

And, when you get a new job, I give her a good asswhupping.

By hungovermoonit on Friday, November 25, 2005 - 06:59 pm:

Thanks guys :) It's quite amusing at times to see how many times I can get her to grunt in reply to my questions (last count four).

Last night it was another co-workers birthday, so we all went to a bar by work, and the bitch came. If I was talking she'd stare off into the distance, she wouldn't reply directly to me, or even look at me. How fucked up is that?

A friend of mine who used to be a HR Manager says that I should be documenting all behaviour and that if I was really evil, I could engineer her to treat me worse - and then we could sue the ass of the company. I am not that kind of person. I hope when I leave, they hire someone who is.

That was evilhungovermoonit speaking there. Now I'll return you to hungovermoonit.

By jack on Friday, November 25, 2005 - 07:40 pm:

<grunt>

By Antigone on Friday, November 25, 2005 - 10:16 pm:

You've got to learn to fight.

Either that, or you've got to learn to ignore her behavior.

Inhabiting the middle, where you simply suffer for suffering's sake, is self indulgent. If you live there you deserve everything you get.

In other words, if you sit on the fence, the picket up your ass is your own fault.

By J on Friday, November 25, 2005 - 11:56 pm:

Moonit,honey,I think I've told you this before,when the bitch stares off in space and won't even look at you that's when you YELL out "yo (what ever the bitch's name is)your getting really good at that asshole impersonation"! And then smile,really sweetly:)

By agatha on Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 04:42 pm:

I agree with Tiggy and Kazu. You will be performing a public service for the rest of the company and future employees by busting her ass. She's relying on your passivity when she treats you that way- it's typical bully/ abuser mentality. She's got control of the situation right now. You need to fight back and show her that you aren't a wimp and won't let her appalling behavior pass without notice.

By kazu on Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 04:57 pm:

"when she says or does it things that seem insignificant
    and not related to work."

That should say, "when she says or does it, even things
    that seem insignificant and not related to work."

carry on

By patrick on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 06:51 pm:

yeah, kick her ass moonie
    and get the pandyr to take photos.

By moonit on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 01:07 am:

heh, I have two job interviews this week. TWO.

One is at an insurance company, and I kinda thought it might be a bit boring.

The other is for a tourism company and looks pretty varied and exciting and new.

Guess which one I want.

I'm a bit freaked now, the insurance one is prolly better money and better benefits, but the tourism one sounds like fun. And jeebers knows I could use some fun :)

By droopy on Thursday, December 1, 2005 - 11:20 pm:

insurance companies will suck the soul out of you. i knew a girl who worked for a tourism company. she got all sorts of free miles or something, traveled all the time. her favorite place to go was bruege(sp?) belgium.

By Antigone on Friday, December 2, 2005 - 12:48 am:

Yeah. I knew this chick who worked for a travel show...or...did I?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact