A new book and website I found of interest on Jonbenet Ramsey

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: A new book and website I found of interest on Jonbenet Ramsey
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Mari on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 03:30 pm:

I have posted this entry at other forums, I didn’t want to change it because I felt it said best what I had to say. So here it is.:
    My name is Mari and like some of you, I've been following the JonBenet Ramsey murder since it happened and have visited this site and every other possible site that has talked about the murder over the years.. Recently I've begun working for a company in Long Island, New York, as a receptionist and administrative assistant for a brokerage firm that is in some way associated with an organization called the Stillwater Committee, to my knowledge made up of a group of retired and semi-retired medical doctors, and some wealthy criminologists, pathologists, and forensics experts spread out from here to Switzerland whose grisly hobby appears to be the pursuit of solutions to famous unsolved murders. It seems that Stillwater with its deep pockets has, since February 1997, conducted an extensive private investigation into JonBenet's slaying and is poised to release their findings to the public in the coming months through a book that is called: Quiet, Samantha Foster. I thought I'd alert you to the website www.quietsamanthafoster.com which is about this organization. At the site, their Artemis diary entries are particularly intriguing.

By Nate on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 05:32 pm:

i could give a fuck.

By Cyst on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 05:39 pm:

does anyone know the url for a site with the full text of the malicious monopoly ruling?

By Droopy on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 05:56 pm:

By Cyst on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 06:30 pm:

thanks! it's great. it contains the words "specious" and "facile."

By Droopy on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 06:55 pm:

ok.

have you ever masturbated to the thesaurus, cyst?

By Cyst on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 07:51 pm:

no.

"The special multimedia support provided by the BeOS may, for a small number of users, outweigh the disadvantages of maintaining two large, complex operating systems on one PC. Of that group, however, it is likely that only a tiny number of users will find that support so attractive that they would be willing to ***forego*** Windows, and its huge base of compatible applications, altogether."

I think the justice may have meant "forgo," meaning "to go without," rather than "forego," which, as I recall, means "to go before."

By Droop on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 08:06 pm:

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 08:15 pm:

Interesting. My beloved Merriam Webster's Collegiate dictionary agrees with Cyst.

forego: to go before; precede

forgo: 1. to give up the enjoyment or advantage of 2. to do without

By Cyst on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 09:05 pm:

Microsoft...

would invest whatever resources were necessary

would not be constrained by the fact that authoring software generated only modest revenue

did not intend to capitulate.

began to retaliate in earnest

justified its exclusion

actually has limited rather severely

no longer affords this flexibility (it is the only operating system vendor that does not)

formalized the prohibition against

prohibited

prohibited

prohibited

added the restriction

refused to relent on the bulk of its restrictions

brought still more pressure to bear

asserts that it restricts the freedom

stopped caring about the consistency of the Windows experience in 1998

has argued that the limitations it imposes

imposes

has secretly agreed to provide

has largely succeeded in exiling Navigator

has substantially increased the cost

achieved this feat by using a complementary set of tactics

imposed additional technical restrictions to increase the cost of promoting Navigator even more

threatened to penalize

was willing to pay this price

enticed ISPs with small subscriber bases to distribute Internet Explorer and to make it their default browsing software

required the IAP to abandon a distribution agreement already entered with Netscape

readily made this sacrifice in order to induce

therefore paid a high price to induce the most popular IAPs to encourage their customers to use Internet Explorer and discourage them from using Navigator

retaliated in subtle and not-so-subtle ways

took umbrage

therefore set out to convince developers

has succeeded in forestalling for several years Navigator's evolution in that direction

also discouraged its business allies from aiding Sun's effort

continued to refuse to implement Sun's native method until November 1998, when a court ordered it to do so

did so, but with respect to the RMI beta release, it buried the link in an obscure location and neglected to include an entry for it

refused to alter its developer tools until November 1998, when a court ordered

pressured Intel

was not content to rely solely on its anti-Navigator efforts

induced dozens of important ISVs

went further than that, however

used threats to withhold

has succeeded in greatly impeding

also engaged in a concerted series of actions designed to protect the applications barrier to entry, and hence its monopoly power

created confusion and frustration for consumers, and increased technical support costs for business customers

forced those consumers

deprived consumers of software innovation that they very well may have found valuable, had the innovation been allowed to reach the marketplace

by Thomas Penfield Jackson

By heather on Wednesday, November 10, 1999 - 09:05 pm:

websters on the web also says that forgo is interchangeable with forego

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact