Yeah I have, it's messed I tell ya!!!

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Yeah I have, it's messed I tell ya!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Patrick on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

By J on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 02:39 pm:

It,s shit like that that makes me paranoid and want to kiss my ass goodby.

By Patrick on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 02:54 pm:

basically Israel is holding the US hostage for working out it's own problems. Fuckers! the US has played such huge rolls in brokering the peace deals in the mideast, i say fuck em, if the whole lot of them can't learn to live co-exist peacfully together let em blow the fuck out of each other. It's like two little kids fighting, and what our military secrets have to do with their peace, other than whats stated in the article, i dunno.
    fuck em, no stealth for you! no cruise for you!
    we spent billions for that technology. Also Israel recently sold China technology that it got from the US. Basically they sold china the technology to make china's air force offensive. Up until now they have been strictly defensive, now China will have AWACS technology, if the deal goes down.

http://cnn.com/US/9911/11/us.israel.china/index.html

By Markus on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 02:55 pm:

There's no way in hell they're getting either stealth technology or sat imagery. I'd be very surprised by cruise missles. But then again, that jackass Clinton has no principles other than what benefits him, and his main obsession now as his term winds down is buffing up his "place in history", and would probably do most anything towards that end. Especially since his foreign policy record up to now has been absolute crap, precisely because of this cutting corners, paper results on the cheap approach with not a single thought of national interest, strategic reasoning, or realpolitik.

By Patrick on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 03:05 pm:

hell we sold Israel the technology of laser guided bombs earlier in the fall. You know, that wonderful footage we got to see from Iraq and Kosovo.........I wouldn't put it passed him. I guess what gets me is the balls for Israel to even ask us. Hell they should be glad we are offering diplomatic assistance.

By Markus on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 03:14 pm:

True, it struck me as rather cheeky. I guess I misjudged Barak.

By semillama on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 03:37 pm:

Who said "If you want peace, prepare for war"?

Who do those guys think they are, anyway?

By droop on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 04:27 pm:

to be prepared for war is the most effectual means of preserving peace. - george washington.

in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello (in peace, as a wise man, he should make suitable for war.) - Horace.

the souls of emporers and the souls of cobblers are cast in the same mould...the same reason that makes us wrangle with a neighbor causes war betwixt princes. - montaigne.

By Isolde on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 06:47 pm:

Just say no to stealth.

By _____ on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 06:48 pm:

fuck tha car, i'll do a walk-by! -easy-e.

By cyst on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 08:37 pm:

I hope clinton pulls more of that let's-turn-this-piece-of-nature-into-a-national-monument shit.

that's fucking great.

if he wants to take some beautiful land and say, "no more ugly shit needed here, thanks" then that's fine by me. george bush jr. sure isn't going to do it.

By semillama on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 09:44 pm:

plus, more jobs for my (and Sheila's) type of folk.

i just hope no one gets shot over that crap.

By Antigone on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 01:12 am:

Boy, what a bunch of Clinton hating propaganda. You guys sound like a broken record...

By Gee on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 02:47 am:

According to my Great World Atlas, Israel is in the contenent of Asia. I never knew that before.

By Patrick on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 03:08 pm:

i wish i knew where my head was when i came up with the title for this thread.........i am with cyst. my asshole is national monument, and I am all for it. I can't think of any reason why someone would be pissed over his actions. Unless they wanted to be a realpisser about procedure, but procedure in our gov't is too cumbersome and it takes to long to get the simplest things done. Thanks to scumfuck lobbyists.....

By semillama on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 05:26 pm:

How about being pissed over this? Clinton is not going to address the African AIDS disaster in his state of the union speech, because he doesn't want to take the fire away from Gore when he uses it as a campaign issue. That's weak.

By Markus on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 09:12 pm:

Gore's going to use that as a compaign issue? Good luck. No wonder a sitting vice president can't even make headway against an utterly uncharismatic primary opponent. That's not exactly what I'd call the fire to get the electorate pumped.

Besides, why would it necessarily go in a speech on the state of this country?

By Isolde on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 11:06 pm:

Good point. We got some letter inviting our work to go to the State of the Union Address, all expenses paid, etc, by some small business association. They never got back to us. Too bad. I kind of wanted to see it. I'mnot sure why, though.

By Markus on Sunday, January 16, 2000 - 12:13 pm:

That sounds like a scam. It's harder than hell to get a seat there. I worked four years in the House of Representatives at a fairly senior level, and never came close to getting to go. Each congressional office got one, maybe two seats in the (small) balcony, and that went to the Member's spouse or chief of staff. There's not even room on the House floor for all the Reps and Senators.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact