Damn.

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Damn.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 09:27 am:

In Memory of Edward Gorey
    Sadly, word has come of the recent demise of artist/writer/stage enthusiast Edward Gorey of a heart attack. For those of you haven't read any of his books (shame on you), Gorey's most prominent popular creation is likely to be the animated opening titles of PBS's long running Mystery TV series. Perhaps Gorey's most popular and notorious book was The Gashlycrumb Tinies, a darkly humorous A-to-Z book about children dying in bizarre ways. Other books worth seeking out include The Doubtful Guest, The Epileptic Bicycle and several Amphigorey book collections. Gorey was 75. Our condolences go out to his family, if any, and his friends.

(from cinescape.com)

By Margret on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 09:51 am:

Don't forget Ogdred Weary and the Curious Sofa (is that what it was called?). My friend Mark was best friends with Gorey's son Jonathon. Jonathon was in a band in Baltimore called Lambs Eat Ivy. I never met him.
    Cameron is a huge Gorey fan, and just saw his hopes of being able to afford some first editions crash and burn. Gorey is now emminently more 'collectible.'
    The wedding, scheduled (tentatively) for the weekend before Hallowe'en, will be costume-optional, but we ARE trying to encourage people to treat it like a Hallowe'en party. I had a little daydream about introducing Sorabjiites to my non-digital friends...'Bunny (my friend Michael, but we all call him Bunny) this is Semillama...ummm...ok, no, you're both boys, ummmm...Bunny this is umm....Andy...ummm...I mean, Michael, this is Andy. Sem, do you go by Andy or Andrew? Oh fuck it. Everyone, grab a pen and make yourselves a name tag. Caterpillar? Holy fuck, who brought the fucking hippie? (I met a hippie named Caterpillar at a party recently...instant seething hatred). Tahto, you and Cyst are tall, can you tell me if they're complying?"

By patrick on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 12:20 pm:

you can call me posseum lips

By semillama on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 12:38 pm:

posseum - a marsupial museum?

Call meanytime, dahling.

By J on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 12:57 pm:

Patrick posseum lips? Semillama sizzle chest?

By patrick on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 01:17 pm:

possum posseum......whatever

call me fluffy

By sarah on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 03:01 pm:

i'm going to go as Terrel Davis.

By Antigone on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 05:40 pm:

My mom used to leave the AmphiGorey (sp?) out on
    the coffee table for me and my sister to read. I
    think that's why I'm so gloriously fucked up!

By semillama on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 08:59 pm:

He was the best.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact