I'm home

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: I'm home
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Isolde on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 12:17 am:

Despite a small problem involving a hole in the fusealoge (spell?) of the plane I was planning to take out of Dublin, I arrived home alive and in one piece. Only one piece fell from the laptop. Nothing special. Just one of those little foot things.
    Glad to be on my own computer again.
    Glad to be home.
    _Loved_ Ireland.
    Wanted Mailart.

By J on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 06:17 am:

Glad you got home alright,how was your trip?

By Isolde on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 10:29 am:

Awesome, of course...it's so weird to be home. I'm looking forward to going to the supermarket for the first time in years. Seeing all those vegetables...all that fruit...My cats are going nuts finding me at home.

By agatha on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 12:18 pm:

WELCOME HOME!

By patrick on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 12:43 pm:

i suffered MAJOR culture shock when i came home from europe. sitting on the subway in downtown atlanta...buttload of luggage......8 hours on aplane +1 hour with lovely customs feeling up my wife becasue the dog liker her scent........sitting there....rockarockarockarocka sway back and forth loud voices

"WHAT THE HELL YOU MEAN SHE DIDN'T KNOW?...GIRRRRL...SHE SHOULD HAVE SEEN THAT ONE..."

"YEAH SMOLTZ SURE FUCKED THAT ONE UP....THE SHOULD A PUT JONES IN THE 7TH...."

"FUCK THAT FUCK THEM FUCK ALL YALL'

"WHATCHOU LOOKIN AT ?"

"HAHAHAHAHAH"

big bright coca cola signs invaded my eyes.....bigassed sport utes zoomed by on the freeway below.......

it felt so weird to get in my car at the parking lot...not mention my buddy who had dropped it off for us left the lights on for 24 hours. ergo drained battery.

he also left my kitties in mental disaray.....not to mention he went swimming at our pool while house sitting...had my wet trunks on the floor.....he also had sex in our bed on multiple occasions.....i had the pleasure of finding the come towel myself....

in protest the cats had knocked a glass or two off the counter top not to mention they took they libety of feeding themselves by ripping open the bag of catfood and spreading it out all over the floor.......

the place was a mess, beer cans everywhere.....filled ashtrays......

i think it was the come towel that really got me going

By Isolde on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 09:29 pm:

Hm. The biggest problem I'm having is with driving and walking--driving because I keep panicing and thinking I'm in the wrong lane. (Although I never drove, I got used to the cars being on that side of the road--I keep getting into the pasenger seat to drive.) and walking because I have to rtemind myself that pedestrians have the right of way here and no one is going to hit me...The airport experience wasn't too bad because I think of airports as out of space.
    Customs wasn't a problem. I rought back chocolate but didn't declare it. The guy stamped my passport and didn't even look at me.
    I beeped in the metal detector going through Dublin, and since they don't have wands, he would have had to feel me up.
    He made me empty my pockets and go through again.
    And sighed with relief when I didn't beep.
    Hm.

By Tricky on Thursday, April 20, 2000 - 10:42 pm:

what happens if people have metal implants on there person, do they have to provide proof from a doctor, a kind of 'I've got an implant' certificate or something?
    Sorry folks, it's just something that has always bugged me!

By Isolde on Friday, April 21, 2000 - 09:07 pm:

Uh, usually they run a small wand over you which picks out any metal bits. If you tell them you have an implant, and they pat down the area that's beeping, they usually let you through.,

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact