Rain

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Rain
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 10:39 am:

i haven't heard much about how this season of rain is going to be. i'm wondering if maybe we've had enough years of bizarre rain patterns that news of rain is no longer newsworthy.

beyond typical weather reports, of course.

i want a new spanish name for the season, goddamnit.

So far we're up nearly five inches for a normal october. 6.85". normal is about 2.15".

We're currently 2.82" over norm for the year. This is mostly due to Jan and Feb, which were 7.21" and 9.55" over norm, respectively.

January was neat. We got nearly 6" on the 24th alone.

We have 52.33 inches for the year, and two more months that typically run 6-8" each.

but I want to know, should I expect more? if the current pattern stays we should see 18-24" Nov. and Dec., and then 30" in Jan.

I don't think so.

ARE YOU A BOY CHILE OR A GIRL CHILE?

By Margret on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 12:11 pm:

Umm, spanish name for a weather pattern...mmm...El Gato in el sombrero?

By semillama on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 12:21 pm:

Hey, Margret. Glad to see you back in here. You married yet?

I propose for weather pattern: "El Nato".

By Isolde on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 12:39 pm:

It's snowing here. El blanco?

By Margret on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 01:32 pm:

Married.
    Yes.
    HEHEHEHEHEHEH.
    Strangely, I feel exactly the same as I did before everyone got dressed up in a costume and came to my house and ate dips and drank beer.
    I'm now officially inviting everyone to haul ass to new mexico on your way to wherever people are really going when they end up in new mexico and drop in to see me.

By Isolde on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 02:57 pm:

k, will do. Next time I happen to be the Southwest, I"ll just nip on by...wait...am I ever in the Southwest?

By semillama on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 10:10 am:

The Southwest is creeping up steadily on my list of places I need to vacate in. When I was in Moab, I picked up a book that was a tour guide to the ruins of the southwest (Prehistoric that is).

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 10:28 am:

Well...maybe I'll visit Arizona...seeing as how geek boy comes from there and I kind of want to see the Grand Canyon. Maybe I can convince him to visit you, too. I'm getting used to doing things like having dinner in Mass. and watching a movie in New Hampshire. It's great!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact