Thigh high light switches.

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Thigh high light switches.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By moonit on Sunday, November 5, 2000 - 01:44 am:

Yay.

I'm moving next weekend.

Its a really old villa close to the Central City, with a veranda with roses over it (I might have to post a picture). Really cute outside.

Inside not so great, the carpet is different in every room with some still there from the 1970's. Strange colours in every room, but you walk in and it feels like home.

The house was at some point owned by the Council, who modified it to suit someone in a wheelchair, so all the lights and switches are at thigh level, and the cupboards are really low.

The landlord is a nice man who told me 'I'm not a landlord, I just own a few houses'.

The main bedroom has a sliding door into the side yard, perfect for naked sunbathing.

And, seeing as I'm on holiday for the next three weeks I guess I might be doin a bit of that as long as summer keeps kickin in.

Yippie!

By Isolde on Sunday, November 5, 2000 - 09:09 am:

Alright!
    I got my house too, I think I mentioned that somewhere. It's perfectly lovely, I adore it already. Geek boy does too. It's also right down the street from both geek boy and girl with the blue hair, so...it's excellent. They come and poke their heads through my window all the time. It's excellent.

By moonit on Sunday, November 5, 2000 - 08:01 pm:

Isolde congratulations!

By Tom on Monday, November 6, 2000 - 04:17 am:

erm. I'm confused. that's normal, though. Isolde, are you living alone, or with roommates?

By moonit on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 08:46 pm:

Well I'm in the house now.

There are boxes and stuff everywhere. I have managed to get myself some stupid flu, which slows me down. On Sunday I did nothing except get out of bed to watch the Tua-Lewis fight and that was pretty depressing. I know Lewis is more of a technical boxer, I know Tua is more of a slugger, but it seemed as tho Lewis just kept running away from Tua during the whole match. So that was a waste. Yesterday I managed to do washing before having to rest. Pathetic. Today I am up, but its slow going. At least the main bedroom is kind of sorted, and the computer room is nearly finished.

I hate unpacking.

I hate moving.

I'm scared to let the cats out yet.

By Isolde on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 11:18 pm:

Yay new houses. They excite me. Kitties excite me too. I miss mine so much, I can't wait to visit them. I talked to them on the phone today.

By moonit on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 09:20 pm:

Do both of yours talk Isolde?

Bear talks a lot. In fact he woke me up the other night becuase he was bored and hungry and no one would play with him. He's very sweet. If you say hullo Bear, he replies.

Troll on the other hand is just that. Shes stroppy and gets growly if you pick her up. Unless she wants you to pick her up. She doesnt talk at all.

By Isolde on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 10:55 pm:

Mine certainly talk. It's very cute.

By semillama on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 08:56 am:

One of the cats i am guesting comes when you whistle, but I think it's because she thinks you have a bird in your mouth.

By Trace on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 09:24 am:

Mine likes to talk in middle of the night. She gets in the middle of the kitchen were she can get the greatest echo and yells at the top of her lungs

By Trace on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 09:26 am:

We got a new house last month as well

By Isolde on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 11:02 am:

One of my cats comes when you whistle. They both do, really, but one of them's really good about it and the other one just kind of follows. I'll be seeing them soon. In a month, yay.
    I like my new house. I also like the person who is housitting it for me.

By mistaswine on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 11:09 am:

3 week holidays?

what kind of shit is that???

jesus. i'd have to get pregnant and cough up a weeping fetus to hook up with anywhere *near* that stretch of paid vacation time.

fucking 3 week holidays.

i'm moving to new zealand.

By Isolde on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 11:30 am:

Cat, I have something exciting to send you. Hook me up with an address.

By semillama on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 12:29 pm:

Swine,you're brilliant!
    *jumps to the Sorabjite Contest link*

By J on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 12:30 pm:

Swine,they have long holidays in Europe and in the Netherlands too,I think we should have that here too,but I think I'd pay you 3 weeks salary just to see you pregnant and coughing up a fetus.You are so creative.

By mistaswine on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 01:12 pm:

yeah they do. i hear the germans get a month and a half every year.

i get about three weeks, but we'll all be watching President Nader give the State of the Union address before boss-man authorizes letting me take it all at once.

maybe i should try hanging up some farrakhan propaganda, putting P.E.'s "godd complexx" in permanent rotation, and start twitching a lot...

By Cat on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 03:38 pm:

I get six weeks a year, but I come from an advanced civilisation.

Have I mentioned lately that it was an Australian who invented the beer fridge and also the esky (cooly bin..chiller...or whatever the fuck you blokes call it because you can't get your tongues around esky). Yeah us!

By J on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 04:10 pm:

But we can get our tongues around the important things:)What is esky?

By patrick on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 04:54 pm:

you guys also invented the lawmower too right?

By Cat on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 05:19 pm:

And the fax machine.

AussieBob's New Fangled Dictionary:

Esky: (es-key) An esky is a container that keeps your beer cold. More useful than most women. "Hey love, get me a beer out of the esky would you".

By mistaswine on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 05:38 pm:

check the etymology.

is that "esky" as in some 'roo-humping bastardization of "eskimo"?

over here in the new world we call 'em "coolers".

get it?

cooler. as in "cold".

aussiewanker.

By Cat on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 05:42 pm:

skankyyankie.

cooler. as in "in your dreams, mate"

By Dougie on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 05:42 pm:

And Australian Culture.

Let's see, um,

Paul Hogan, ummmm,

Paul Hogan, ummmm,

oh yeah, Crowded House,

wait, that was NZ. Sorry, ummm,

I got it: Yahoo Serious.

oh, I remember: Breaker Morant. Damn fine movie, lads. Que mas? Ummm, Foster's (Austraylian for beeyah, mayte). If nothing else, it's big! And the digereedo. Anybody else?

By Cat on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 05:57 pm:

I think I've had to do this before...but here goes again. I just have to bow to your superior culture, I mean without it we wouldn't have:

1. MacDonalds

2. Dennis Rodman

3. Roseanne

4. The Osmonds

5. Billy Ray Cyrus and all singers who wear those dippy hats.

6. Elvis movies (the songs were good though)

7. Decaf coffee (or any coffee that needs descriptives in front of it because you've buggered around with it)

By Dougie on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 06:09 pm:

Actually, it was in Australia where Billy Ray Cyrus, and the Osmonds cut their teeth, and came back to America to make it big. The Australians couldn't get enough while they were down there. Oh, and it's spelled McDonald's to you, lady.

Without us, neither would you have

Baseball
    The 5 best orchestras in the world
    Jazz
    American Football
    Rock music
    The Gap
    Basketball
    The Simpsons
    Budweiser
    CNN
    The Tooth Fairy
    and
    Apple Pie

By heather on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 06:28 pm:

must we claim 'the gap'?

and i could live quite well without budweiser.

By Dougie on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 06:30 pm:

Yes, we must embrace The Gap, as well as Budweiser, King of Beers. I know I'm embracing my Budweiser right now.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 06:39 pm:

im with heather on that, as well as basketball....well rock music is debatable...it all depends on when you believe rock was invented.

but we were the first to fly, the first to the moon,

we also give the world fine people like Larry Flynt, John Waters, George Lucas and Star Wars, Agents Mulder and Scully....

as further proof of American cultural imperialism....during any given day...just think about everything you are doing and what you are doing it with and ask yourself "did this come from America?

I think you'd be surprised how fucking great we are!!! :->

now on your knees.....

By moonit on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 06:53 pm:

American football? *snort*

The following is an excerpt from an email I got this morning that had to do with you not having a president yet and reverting back to English rule. It was kinda funny and this section is relevant:

You should stop playing American football. There is only one kind of football. What you refer to as American football is not a very good game.

The 2.15% of you who are aware that there is a world outside your borders may have noticed that no one else plays "American" football.

You will no longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play proper football.

Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game.

Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies). We are hoping to get together at least a US rugby sevens side by 2005.

And Patrick honey dont even go there. Your nation is so fricken huge its no wonder you got to places first. But over this side of the world our kids dont take guns to school and dont walk thru metal detectors to get to class.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 07:26 pm:

moonit, you didn't detect my sarcasm?

ohh poo

hell at least we can be assured no one will ever try and invade america proper...due to fear that every joe and biily above the age of 10 is packin heat.....

talk about militia

you might be interested to know there IS Euro NFL....it's doing about as well as EuroDisney, but hey its a start.

And as far as being "nancies" with stopage and armor/pads

you could argue that perhaps our thugs, bruisers, criminals aka football players aren't so dumb as their worldwide counterparts...Sheeeesh just compare dental records.....

By Isolde on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 09:22 pm:

Yeah, at least we don't play Irish Football, which is THE most INSANE thing ever. I talked to some people in Ireland who were fucked up from playing Irish football. My God. It was crazy, crazy stuff.
    My nation is growing increasingly lame. And I was never really a big fan of my nation to begin with.
    Who will be our President, God?

By Cat Miaoooow on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 09:24 pm:

So what was the smog report in LA again this morning, Patrick Lovepops?

By Isolde on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 09:28 pm:

Wel, here's tommorrow's forecast...I find it kind of sad that they forecast smog. I remember friends of mine who lived in LA in the late 1980's telling me about "smog days" where they weren't supposed to go outside.

By NZA on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 12:00 am:

yay moonit - sock it to 'em!

Congrats on your new house. Maybe I'll see it one day... if you want.

Put butter on your cats paws before you let them outside.

By Cat on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:52 am:

Hey Moonit, post the whole email. I want more!

By Trace on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 06:38 am:

I find American Football very dull this year. Everyone (NFL anyways) Sucks! "Professional" Sports is getting very boring. The college games, now they are fun

By semillama on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 08:26 am:

Oh, oh yeah??

well, well OUR suppressed minorites make better atheletes than YOUR suppressed minorities! So there!

oh god...

I just heard that England says that since we can't elect a president, they're revoking our independence!

Obviously a joke, since I doubt they'd want to take us back now!

By Trace on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 08:32 am:

Is it that we can't vote, or they can't count?

By Trace on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 08:33 am:

By patrick on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 12:14 pm:

smog forcast? never heard of such of thing. they do have air quality reports....but's never a forcast per se.

actually houston has the title now....

in the last 10 years, the smog in LA has actually inmproved dramatically....they imposed tougher emission standards and the air has gotten better here...for what thats worth...it's still not good... but what major city on the planet DOES have clean air.

By J on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 12:28 pm:

Not here,I thought I out-grew my asthma,but it reared it's ugly head when I use to work out,and this time of year the air is really bad here.I have a fireplace but I'm only allowed to use it on even days.I haven't had a fire in it in two years,I think it's not good to breath.

By Trace on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 01:12 pm:

I love the smell of a log burning in the fire place....
    One of the best memories of christmas is a fire in the fire place, the christmas tree lights on, candles burning and no other lights on, just me and my wife watching the fire, drinking white zin

By Dougie on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 01:19 pm:

And let me guess, Nat King Cole crooning, "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose..."

By Trace on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 01:51 pm:

Uh, no....

By Dougie on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 01:56 pm:

Then the TV blasting the Jerry Springer show. Had to've been one or the other.

By Trace on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 02:04 pm:

Actually, Chicago.

By J on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 02:11 pm:

There's only been two concerts that I ever walked out on,Jethro Tull and Chicago.A cop that liked me, a Lt.Thompson,use to moonlight as security at all the concerts and would let me in free,I lost a good deal of my hearing sitting in front of the speakers at Black Sabbeths first tour.Then he got promoted to Sargent and that was the end of that.I never liked Jethro Tull or Chicago,I just went to scope out the mens.

By Trace on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 02:16 pm:

I love Chicago, Journey, REO Speedwagon, etc.

By Dougie on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 02:40 pm:

Damn, Trace. You're posting like it's 1999. Making up for lost time?

By moonit on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:19 pm:

We are teaching the cats to use the cat door today. This could be interesting. They've never seen one before, and there was a big box in front of it for the last couple of days. Wish me luck!

By Isolde on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:34 pm:

Indeed, it sounds like you need it. I always used to leave the regular door open for my cats. They loved it, they could go in and out whenever they pleased...Cat doors are wonderful things, though, and I should imagine they make the house less cold.

By patrick on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 04:01 pm:

try a revolving kitty door.....there is no reason why cats shouldn't be challenged...

By moonit on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 12:43 am:

Well Bear seems to have it sussed.

Troll is not so good.

They also havent figured out that they can get back in using it, but I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

We all met the hugest mother cat this morning. Bigger than Bear, which surprised me cause hes a big boy. It meowed, then jumped the fence after chasing Troll inside.

By Dougie on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 08:39 am:

I like that expression, "to have it sussed." First time I ever heard it was that Who song, Not Going to Take It: "Hey you getting drunk, so sorry, I've got you sussed..."

By Isolde on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 10:46 am:

That's excellent.
    The nickname of one of my friends is Troll. I think he would take a while to figure out a cat door if he was a cat. Then, when we weren't looking, he'd make a bomb out of it.
    I miss my kitties. I get to see them soon.

By NZA on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 05:24 pm:

We never had a cat door at our old flat, but Nelson learned how to use the neighbours' one.

When we moved to our own house, it already had a cat door installed. We had to replace it though, because he used to be able to open it when it was locked, and eventually he broke the lock completely. (Nelson stays inside at night - too much fighting otherwise)

My friend had a kitten that thought it had to be running at full speed to get through the cat door - helluva funny to watch it come screaming in and out of the house!

By Isolde on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 06:01 pm:

That's really funny.
    My cats know how to use a regular door. I'm glad we don't have pull-down handles, they would probably learn how to use them.
    However, they know the real secret to opening any door...Here's a scenario:
    3am: cat placed in strategic position next to human head. Cat: "meow?" Human: "uhhhh..." Cat: "Meow?!" Human: *groan* Cat: "MEOW!" Human: "ok, ok, fine..."

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact