fuck the weather.

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: fuck the weather.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 04:56 pm:

the past couple of days, we've been teased by snow. not too bad, but not enough to cancel school or anything. or make a snowball for that matter.

i got up this morning and it was freezing rain. it was garbage day, so i put on my clogs and bathrobe and walked outside.

while carrying the garbage can to the end of the shop, WHAM!!! i slipped on this big patch of ice sprouting from the gutter drain-pipe, losing the shoe on my right foot, and straining my right ankle and knee. in my bathrobe. so i got up, leaning on my left, and walked barefoot on the ice to retrieve my shoe before picking up the garbage and going back inside.

i left for classes about an hour before i usually do, with a jewel case to scrape any ice off my wingshield. i stoppedd at fredd's and got an ace bandage and an ankle brace, not to mention a first aid kit (figured, hey, it's a good idea to have one on hand). all in all, about $26 for stuff that i don't want to need.

i got to school and my class was canceled. today was the final. i have no clue what to do and so i need to email my teacher and find out what's going on. i found out this after i nearly exhausted myself from being on crutches.

i stopped at barlow, to find out if tonight's holiday concert is still happening. it isn't. frick, i could've had the day off yesterday but i swictched shifts to make it to the concert. now it's going to be on my first day next term. at least i can plan for it.

i found my sister and drove her friend home. my sis wanted me to stop at the bank to cash a check. no friggin' way.

now i'm at home, wondering if i'm going to pass my class, ankle and knee driving me crazy. at least there's electricity.

still, this is shit. i'll have to work tomorrow, a nine-hour shift, and i won't be able to climb the racks like i'm supposed to. i hope everything works out ok.

By dave. on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 07:58 pm:

i hear ya. where's the fucking snow?! why do the great lakes get all the fun?

we deserve it more than they do.

By Isolde on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 08:40 pm:

I had snow. Now I have frozen shit to slide on. I almost fell on my ass outside the post office. Bad enough, after I called the woman a bitch, to hit my ass on the ice.

By pez on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 11:53 pm:

lucky. all our snow turned to crust or slush...none lasted as actual snow past the first half inch.

By dave. on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 01:14 am:

it's snowing right now but it ain't gonna stick. fucking nature. i hate it. tease.

By Hal on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 02:24 am:

Anyone who wants fucking snow can come to my house for Christmas... We'll have plenty...

God its fucking cold.

By Isolde on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 08:05 am:

It's thick right now and they haven't plowed yet.

By Trace on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 08:12 am:

We had a total of 7 inches of snow, but most of the highways got cleared last night. It is 17 degrees now....

By semillama on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 08:55 am:

Most of y'all are invited to Da U.P. anytime I'm there. I'll take you sledding, then we can sit in a 180 degree sauna and jump around in the snow butt-ass naked.

By pez on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 01:14 pm:

jumping isn't exactly one of my recommended activities right now, otherwise i'd jump at the chance.

By Isolde on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 01:17 pm:

I just frolicked in the snow! It's about a foot deep, and thick, and they just plowed it, and I went about and rolled in it and threw snowballs at my neighbors. They were less than pleased. I'm getting ready to go home. My house is basically empty, boxes in storage, I don't know if I'm coming back, I might not. I have a couple bags for the plane. One of which is going to be oversize. Damn.

By Hal on Friday, December 15, 2000 - 10:06 am:

Isolde, I'm picking up the cattle prods today...

TBone wanted one too.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact