multiple asocial groupings

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: multiple asocial groupings
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 02:03 am:

i'm looking around and thinking that there some distinct social circles in sorabji.

it is begining to breathe.

the markness.

the old religion.

the apoc is coming. the big change. it was forseen in the writings. the aenchants have spake of such. the elder guards. the fleshy beasts.

etc. etc.

this place works for me. there seems to be a quality influx of the young. collegiate. bright new minds. fresh livers.

i live vicariously. i'm that age. that's what i do.

but then, it's not just the younger. that half-voyeur half-participantness of the media, it is vicariory for all. seeing all these lives.

oh, they say, it simulates a real social life.

but no... i have a distinct non-sorabj life. and besides, sorabji.com is hardly social. sub-social maybe.

if that.

it's like a hallway of broken mirrors. everyone catches these little glimpses of other lives, but interpreted like fiction into the existing framework of mind. we can't smell the pheremones, we can't taste the air around their ears, mating like baboons with buffalo wings.

where the lives mesh the mirror is less broken. you know people who are like that, you hang well with other people like that, you've had discussions like this and when you did you were happy drunk on cheep beer and dope galore and maybe the acid was in season and there you went.

so the bigger the mirror the clearer your picture the better you connect. networks form. groupings. asocial groupings.

and maybe it begins with a single group. outsiders come and go, if they sync they stay. otherwise they flee with their tails between their raw little asses.

the group grows slowly, and smaller groups form. soon the division is distinct but unaware. born of its own will, silently, unnoticed.

the automatons flow. it continues. it grows. grows. selfaware. conscious. it breathes.

suuuuhhhhhhhhh
    fooooooooooooo

the markness.

suuuhh suuuhhhhhh
    fooooooooooooo

cough. fuh. sputter. pus. foo.

the government grabs hold. leashes everything. combines. stores. catalogs. sorts. topics are formed. meaning is assertained. the curtian shimmers. shifts.

it breathes.

i tell you, it breathes.

By Antigone on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 02:15 am:

Nate, would you be our Pope to the Markness?

By Hal on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 02:31 am:

Somehow I don't think that it would go over to well, I mean he's got my vote but Nate was never the super religious person. More of the chaos apocolyptic type.

By Antigone on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 02:39 am:

Exactly...

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 08:12 am:

and on the seventh day, The Creator was arrested for commercial banners on the internet. And political prisoners of sorabji were downloaded into their real selves, while the young livers toked and smoked and joked their way into heaven.

or something like that. the sorabji creation myth.

rather than multiple asocial groupings I would prefer the study to be called multiple duplex ulterior transactions... that way I could use all of this research for a dissertation.

multiple cuz there's alot of us. duplex because there are distinct pairings a happening. ulterior cuz there's always multiple levels of meaning in any given post - and this is the fun part - multiple interpretations by multiple people who never set eyes on one another, or got the ol tongue in ear - leading to innuendo and disarray of psyche.

dissertation for one of those mailorder internet degrees, praise Bob!

ah the old guard wheezes and farts, and to think I was just a newcomer - still am - so few months ago. where are the baptisms by Swine and Sem and the rest? gone are the rants about food ingested and dope done. the real sorabji nourishment unlike any other.

I have made friends here. I wonder if it is time to move on?

By heather on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 09:29 am:

if you are starting to quote the subgenius, i would say yes

no offense to sem....just my pet peeve, you know

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 11:47 am:

Re: what Nate said. Yeah, welllll....heh. That's why I didn't show up for a while.

Then I started thinking about Gee. I thought, "I miss Gee. *sigh*" And then I showed up again. Now she's nowhere to be found. Oh, woe!

Gee, come back!

By agatha on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 12:58 pm:

She'll be back. They all come back, sooner or later.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 01:09 pm:

Don't worry, Heather. Sooner or later, "Bob" will be in your wallet. I have faith.

By Gee on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 02:53 pm:

When I'm at work I like to insist that my name is Bob. I usually do this while handing out new names to my coworkers.

Hi Rhiannon! :)

By Cat on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 04:02 pm:

Would somebody please explain what Nate was saying?

I must have got it all wrong or the universal translator must be offline, cause I figured he was talking about how this place is constantly changing (ie: breathing).

Or is he saying there are cliques forming and that's a bad thing?

By patrick on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

i think the ganja was right on and his pecker recently blown....

i often come up with some of my best would be sorabji posts at home under the influence of Thelonius and mega weed. note its about 11pm last night when he wrote that.

By Cat on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 04:11 pm:

Yeah, I figured he was stoned. But what the fuck was he talking about? Anybody round these parts speak Naten?

By patrick on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 04:21 pm:

wait till i get home, smoke a fatty and i might be able to translate. i recongize what he is saying as ganja-ese

By semillama on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

eu estou olhando ao redor e estou pensando de que lá alguns círculos sociais distintos no sorabji. begining para respirar. o markness. a religião velha. o apoc está vindo a mudança grande. forseen nas escritas que os aenchants têm o spake de tais os protetores da pessoa idosa as bestas fleshy. etc. etc.. este lugar trabalha para mim parece lá ser um influx da qualidade dos fígados frescos das mentes novas brilhantes collegiate. novas. eu vivo vicariously. que eu sou essa idade que é o que eu . mas então, não é justa mais nova a metade-participantness dos media, ele da metade-voyeur é vicariory para todo ver todas estas vidas. oh, dizem, simula uma vida social real. mas nenhum... eu tenho uma vida distinta do non-sorabj e adicionalmente, sorabji.com é secundário-social mal social talvez. se isso. é como um hallway de espelhos que quebrados todos trava estes glimpses pequenos de outras vidas, mas interpretado como o fiction na estrutura existente da mente. nós não podemos cheirar os pheremones, nós não podemos provar o ar em torno de suas orelhas, acoplando-se como babuínos com as asas do búfalo. onde o engranzamento das vidas o espelho é mais menos quebrado você conhece os povos que são como o esse, você pendura bem com os povos como isso, você teve discussões como este e quando você fêz você estava bêbedo feliz na cerveja e no dope do cheep galore e talvez o ácido realizava-se na estação e lá você foi. assim mais grande o espelho o clearer seu retrato mais melhor você conecta agrupamentos asocial dos agrupamentos do formulário das redes. e talvez começa com um único grupo que os outsiders vêm e vão, se a sincronização eles os permanece de outra maneira fujam com suas caudas entre seus burros pequenos crus. o grupo cresce lentamente, e o formulário menor dos grupos logo a divisão é distinto mas inconsciente carregado do seus próprias vontade, silenciosamente, despercebida. os autômatos fluem. continua. cresce cresce selfaware. conscious. respira. fooooooooooooo do suuuuhhhhhhhhh o markness. fooooooooooooo do suuuhhhhhh do suuuhh o cough. fuh. sputter. o foo de pus.. o leashes da preensão das garras do governo

That's Nate's speechin Portuguese.

Now for the translation back into English (thanks babelfish!)

By semillama on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 04:57 pm:

I am looking at around and am thinking of that there some distinct social circles about sorabji. begining to breathe. markness. the old religion. apoc is come the great change forseen in the writings that aenchants have spake of such the holds of the elderly the crossbows fleshy. etc. etc.. this place work for me seem there to be one influx of the quality of fígados cool of new the shining new minds collegiate.. I live vicariously. that I am this age that is what I. but then, the half-participantness is not new joust of measured them, it of the half-voyeur is vicariory all to see all these lives. oh, says, simulates real a social life but none... I have a distinct life of non-sorabj and additionally, sorabji.com is secondary-social badly social perhaps. if this. hallway of mirrors is as one that broken all constraint these glimpses small of other lives, but interpreted as fiction in the existing structure of the mind we cannot smell pheremones, we we cannot prove air around its ears, coupling itself as baboons with the wings of the buffalo where the mesh of the lives the mirror more less is broken you know the peoples that are as the this, you you hang upper-class with the peoples as this, you had quarrels as this and when you fêz you was happy bêbedo in the beer and dope of cheep galore and the acid one perhaps carried through if in the station and you the mirror was thus greater there more better you connect groupings asocial of the groupings of the form of the networks. perhaps e starts with an only group that outsiders comes and goes, if the synchronization they them remains in another way runs away with its tails between its raw small donkeys. the group grows slowly, and the lesser form of the groups soon the proper division is distinct but unconscious loaded of its will, quiet, disregarded. the automatons flow continue grow grow selfaware. conscious. breathe fooooooooooooo of suuuuhhhhhhhhh markness. fooooooooooooo of suuuh

By Nate on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 05:14 pm:

that cleared it up for me.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 05:23 pm:

Hi Gee!

By Hal on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 08:09 pm:

First, once a sorabjite, you can never escape. I was gone for about 4 months before I couldn't handle it anymore and needed to see some posts.

I think don't think Nate was entirely correct when he said that groups are forming within the sorabji ranks. I do belive however that whithin each topic we post someone takes one side of a discussion and others take a different view point. Although this may seem like groups are developing and we are begginging to choose sides, I disagree, we are only expressing that which is us. I'm sure more than one of us has some french decent in us, and if the above stated were false some of us would fold like paper napkins. We are individuals, and this is our conglomerate home...

What I'm wondering is where did Amanda go?

By Dougie on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 08:17 pm:

I've just kind of lost interest lately. Haven't felt real chatty either.

By Hal on Tuesday, January 23, 2001 - 09:08 pm:

Nor me, but I can't help it sometimes.

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 01:07 am:

There is a place is Kansas where it is said, if you click your heels quickly enough and prop your head up long enough, the grain stops growing and the sky opens. Out comes the Posting Cloud, a large comicstriplike void enveloping the All of Kansas and neighboring states, and swallowing (YES swallowing) its kin from Crimson to Semillama, and from Dave to Sarah. (South to North, East to West for the babelless pisces).

God I want to be as cute as Nate or .... Gee.

"Hello? Is this Customer Service? I want to talk to...hello? Hello??? HELLO????"

Click.

Click CLick. CLLIICKKKKK.

West of the Mississippi it is snowing now.

By Hal on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 02:46 am:

It hasn't snowed here for a couple days... THANK GOD...

And hey while someone is taking requests, can I be cute too?

By Czarina on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 10:17 am:

I think you're cute Hal.

Nates original post on this thread is somewhat confusing.When I filled out my membership application,it was clearly outlined in the by-laws,that by submitting said application,that one agreed to uphold in the highest standard,all of the rules and regulations pertaining to real or implied Sorabji activities.And that by filling out the "personal preference" section,in an honest and forthright manner,would facilitate placement of it into the right department.I am always surprisingly pleased,when I recieve my bi-anual dividend check,at how well the company is doing.

By Hal on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 10:24 am:

Czarina thank you, after 36 hours of no sleep and lots of coffee, that is the first thing to make me smile in quite a few hours.

I have a question though, I don't know if any sorabjites besides TBone and App, actually know what I look like? OR do you??? Have I sent a photo to anyone? More importantly Czarina have you see me, and if not how do you know I'm cute? I could be horribly deformed and grotesqe... Or just plaing funny looking???

To proove to God and all sorabjites alike, you can see me on my webcam, if its not on at the time I am, you can still see what I looked like last time I was on because I am that absentminded to leave the thing on for a continual basis...

http://hermes.dirtyredcommie.com/~hal

And if the rest of you don't agree with Czarina, well then you can... can... ok so I can't be mean right now, mind isn't capable. But if the person taking requests doesn't think so, how about a little help over here eh'?

By semillama on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 01:10 pm:

By sarah on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 01:18 pm:

Hal, you are cute. you look like a Hal. totally.

By dave. on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 02:40 pm:

it's all wrasslin' to you, isn't it?

By Nate on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 03:37 pm:

he'll break you like sid's leg.

By Hal on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 03:47 pm:

To be honest... I hate wrestling. In highschool I couldn't get it out of my head it was a sport designed nothing more then to have two guys in tights grope each other on a foam mat while wearing screwed up head gear that made their head look like a tuna can penis.

But that was just my interpretation.

As for the "Big Vito" guy, its the hat isn't it?
    I think I've got more hair then that guy, I've had people tell me that if I take off the hat, and the glasses (or even with them on) I look like Robert Downy Jr. although I'm not sure thats a resemblence I would like to have, nothing in the world like being labled at cronic crack user right?

By pezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 04:44 pm:

righto, bucka.

By Czarina on Wednesday, January 24, 2001 - 05:10 pm:

Pez,have you been to colloquial school recently?
    And happy B-day!

By sarah on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

happy birthday pez.

what's funny, or rather, what makes me a little sick, is that someone (not a sorabjiite) who shall go unnamed is considered to be the world's leading expert on "creating community online", and even is writing a book about it.

this person has not come even close to facilitating the kind of real community that we have here. in fact, more unique, more intimate online communities have developed from simple email lists or listserv's than the kind of online communities this so-called expert has created.

it makes me sick i tell you.

this place is very special. i don't know why, or how to articulate the peculiar personality traits of Sorabjiland and its netizens, but i do know that i've been a part of many online communities since 1993 and none of them have close to being anything like this place.

we are culture.

By Dougie on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 05:25 pm:

Happy Birthday, Pez, and many more. Oh yeah, a word from an elder: enjoy your youth!

Who's writing a book, Sarah?

By A_daniel on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 06:59 pm:

You know, it's absolutley true that this place is
    special. For all of Mark's depressed
    randomness, there is something very
    powerful here. Perhaps it is satan's severed
    head.

I've been frequenting this place for, I dunno,
    two years or whatever, coming in from time to
    time under different names, then dropping out
    for months at a time. But I always come back.
    I spin outlandish tales of complete horseshit
    and make inane observations about things in
    my every day life.

Generally my posts go unnoticed, but that's ok.
    I'm here to be a participant, not the star.

Sorabji.com is a like a great old dive bar
    somewhere, full of seedy characters and
    maniacs. It's comforting to come back in after
    months of being away and still see nate and
    sem and gee and agatha and swine and all
    the others still here, still talking about the
    same random crap.

As for cliques and circles? Probably, but I
    don't care. It's all good. It's all good.

By Dougie on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 07:10 pm:

Well, I am here to be the star. I've slacked off lately, but I figure if I post enough, it'll happen soon enough. I'm also a dweeb, not a maniac nor a seedy character -- subtle distinction.

By Antigone on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 07:42 pm:

Satan's Severed head is a foamy mass.
    It makes us want to fuck ass.
    We don't talk about it to the kiddies
    'Cause they might freak and start reading Thucydides.

By Nate on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 09:31 pm:

i'm wondering if i'm a maniac or a seedy character. sometimes i get a seedy belly button. i've noticed i don't seed the wall so much anymore. i like to seed sleek feminine backs.

mm.

By agatha on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 09:37 pm:

daniel, i always notice your posts. i'm just not always very eloquent in expressing my admiration for anything in particular. words fail me way too often. i think i'm probably more likeable and interesting in real life than i am online, in general, although i know at least one person who stopped talking to me altogether after meeting me in person. it made me sad. i like for everyone to like me, it's one of my flaws.

i won second place in my chili cookoff at work today, in other news.

By sarah on Thursday, January 25, 2001 - 10:15 pm:

mmm chili! that's what i'm going to make this weekend! thanks for the idea.

what is your recipe? is it secret or can you share? i'd like to make an award winning chili :)

i'm also going to cook with chocolate this weekend, as well as drink a lot of brandy on saturday night. can't wait.

By dave. on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 12:22 am:

yahtzee!

By Hal on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 01:11 am:

This place is a part of my neverending world, actually one of the few places that doesn't resemble hell, which I might add most of the things in my world do.

I guess this is my "little seedy bar" in hell, the one I can go and have a nice cold beer, and listen to some music, and talk to people who are either living comfortably or living in their own little hell's...

My mom told me the other day that I was going to hell. I responded by saying: "GOING!!! Ha! I know I'm going, I've already got a condo lined up, nice place to, around the 9th floor, and because I'm a special coustomer I'm getting the place with the A/C and ice machine. You see, I'm going to be hells bus driver, you know, please keep your hands and arms inside the bus at all times, do not feed the animals, and in case of an emergency do not panic your already dead."

By dave. on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 02:00 am:

you didn't say that. come on, we're not that stupid.

By Cat on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 04:18 am:

Some days I feel the warmth of sorabji.com surrounding me like warm urine. Others, I am not sure if people are just pissing in each others pants.

Mostly I think I care more than is wise. You crept up when I wasn't looking and before I knew it I was logging in secretly hoping to find I had been magically accepted.

Are we real friends. Or is it just this moment at this time. Will the novelty of comradeship wear down to knowing too much about each others darkest nooks until all we remember are the doubts and failures and thoughtless rants like this one.

Maybe it is like a lemon. If it makes you pucker and it tastes sour, it could still be a kiss from an unwashed mouth and not a citrus. But you have to suck it for a while and see.

By J on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 09:20 am:

Shit,all this time I've been putting those lemons in my bra,what was I thinking?

By Cat on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 09:39 am:

I'm still not sober but already groaning at that lemon analogy. Lemons really only belong in gin and tonics, or bras, not in crappy piss-in-the-breeze posts.

There shall be blushing aplenty.

By Hal on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 12:16 pm:

No I did say that, she thought it was funny as hell...

Although when she told me I was going to hell she was joking around too, she wasn't being serious.

By patrick on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 12:22 pm:

cat can you say you have experienced being engulfed in warm urine?

this type of information is the crux and cornerstone of sorabji. we advise on 'puters and cameras in the interim. I know agatha sometimes gets fussy with all the sex and drug talk at times...but christ it can be that good.

sorabji can be alike a car crash, we hate to look, we know we shouldnt look, but we do.

By pez on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 01:58 pm:

i like sorabji...it's easy to get addicted to message boards.

i remember one time i finished posting and i was bored, so i posted jackass messages under a jackass name.

i was amazed at the maturity of the reactions. maybe not maturity, but it didn't go into a whole "why did you have to come and be a jackass/you're mean" thing.

By Nate on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 02:25 pm:

that's because we're all mean jackasses.

By Antigone on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

Especially that pez bitch.

By Nate on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 06:17 pm:

FUCK HER, I TELL YOU! FUCK HER IN THE GOAT ASS!

By Cat on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 07:43 pm:

I just want to state for the record that I had nothing to do with the gross display of maturity. I'm just an embryo without a mature cartillage in my unformed skeleton. I have an alibi for the night the matureness was committed.

By Nate on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 07:46 pm:

so it would be OK if you were aborted?

By Cat on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 07:51 pm:

Definitely. But please use the vacuum and not the forceps. I want to go out with a decent blow.

By Nate on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 08:29 pm:

why do you think you have any choice in the matter? you're not old enough to have rights yet.

By Cat on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 09:01 pm:

Since you own my mother's ass, I was just putting in a request.

You need to be thrown live into a tubful of buttfucking lobster claws.

By Daniel ssss on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 09:56 pm:

oh such welcome thoughts. What am I saying, I am spending my bday here. You (some) are my goat's friends. Others (you know) are valued beyond compare in my on lne and off lne life.

Nausea, anger, and warm urine not withstanding.

Culture indeed. Need you when I want to, want you when I need to, la de da. Except for the rattling of the chains, it is exceptionally quiet.

When one gets too close, one runs.

By Nate on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 10:13 pm:

boy howdy!

By Cat on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 10:58 pm:

Happy Birthday Daniel of the many s's and other things.

I would administer 50 smacks, but you have been saved by 7,000 miles of shark-infested waters.

By Antigone on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 11:13 pm:

I'm sure what he really wants is 7,000 rooms of
    smarmy breasted daughters.

By 12 Furbys on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 03:56 am:

Culture! Ha! Pfuy! I spit on your so-called 'culture'. You silly Americans. All day long I sit in the roadside cafes getting drunk on balsalmic vinegar and nearly rupturing my delicate internal organs with the force of the laughter your use of the word 'culture' creates in me. HA!

By 12 Furbys on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 03:57 am:

Whoops. Sorry. Got posessed by the french there. My bad.

By Tom on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 05:40 am:

speaking of Pez and online communities: want a job? Oregonlive.com, the online side of The Oregonian, is hiring and editorial intern. The qualifications for the job: "experience with interactive web forums and message boards, and an understanding of the interactive and communal possibilities of the web."

or something alot like that.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 12:28 pm:

Thank you for the late night calls and ... cards and gifts ... and ...

By pezzy pez pez pez on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

hippo birdie.

despite hundreds of hours spent posting on the 'net, i know shit about it. besides, i'm an anth major. freddie's is fine for now. thanx though.

By agatha on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 02:12 pm:

why twelve furbys? is the even number so that they can chat with one another without one being ostracized?

why can't i type today?

By Treg on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 03:58 pm:

Being a bed wetter until my mid-teens, I know what it feels like to be engulfed in warm urine. Cold urine also. It especially sucked if I had eaten asparagus. Sometimes I wouldn't shower for school just to see if anyone told me that I smelled of piss. They never did. Pussies.

By Antigone on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 06:07 pm:

"12 Furbys" like "12 Monkeys"?

By Daniel ssssssssssss on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 11:18 pm:

12 disciples, 12 tribes of Israel, 12 doughnuts in a dozen, 12 points on a stargate, 12 solar houses in a solar calendar, 12 colonies plus ONE = 13 = the twelve courses of blocks on the pyramid = to signify the

Novus Ordum Secularum.

Blah (to borrow a catchy phrase) GDubYah's old man didn't coin it either. Been around for ages.

Don't you guys read the backs of dollar bills?

12 s's in Daniel ssssssssssss.

Do I have to be the only pendantic self-absorbed asshole in every multiple asocial grouping here?

By agatha on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 01:33 am:

13 doughnuts in a dozen. also, 13 bagels in a dozen. don't ask me to explain.

By 12 Furbys on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 02:06 am:

Actually it's 12 Furbys because the total computing power it took to put Neil Armstrong's cute little bootied feet on the moon is equaled today by twelve Furby toys. I learned this while watching a documentary on the Apollo space program. Tres' cool. I fucking LOVE the 21st century...

By heather on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 04:18 am:

we are all self-absorbed assholes with varying levels of pedantry

or maybe we're all just hanging from thread

uh. i am so lame.

By heather on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 04:20 am:

A thread

i'm even lame when i'm being lame.....eh!

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 06:09 am:

you're up. so am I.

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 06:13 am:

HA. hanging from a thread....HAHAHOHOHEEHEE...thus saith the chink. twiddling our thumbs are we? pendant ... HAHAHA hanging from a thread, a gossamer filament spun in cyberspace.....HHHHHAAAAAAA....pedant......get it, got it. it is way too early to be without coffee or someone to scratch your back.

By Hal on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 12:56 pm:

God I love this place....

We all need SO much help...

By Daniels friend TF on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 01:37 pm:

THIRTEEN is the number of spiritual ascension, thus Jesus is the thirteen apostle, the colonies to be federated into the United States could only have, according to the founding fathers, thirteen in number ... in order to represent symbolically this new place as truly a New World.

Like, you know, AA chose twelve steps and twelve traditions and twelve promises... when in reality everbody knows there's fourteen. Alcoholics can't count. They confuse their numbers when hanging from such ...well, never mind....

I AM the THIRTEENTH FURBY... gimme that extra doughnut and get these goddam goats away from me...

I'm supposed to ride into Sorabjiland on a ASS not a goat. Earthlings.

By Cat on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 03:47 pm:

Thirteen is the number of fingers on my hands.

By Antigone on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 10:36 pm:

And how many people are attached to those fingers,
    hmmmmm?

By semillama on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 01:11 pm:

I am the hundreth monkey.

By Daniel ssss on Monday, January 29, 2001 - 10:45 pm:

you must be terribly fearfully wonderfully spiritual, then, Ms Cat.

Oh what frames thy fearful symmetry?

By Nate on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 01:55 pm:

i am hanuman.

By sarah on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 02:14 pm:

as in the trio?

By Nate on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 02:18 pm:

hell no. they're named after me. i am hanuman, son of vayu!

By sarah on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 02:29 pm:

oh, right. duh.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact