i should just stop reading the damn news

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: i should just stop reading the damn news
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 04:37 pm:

it only hurts.

outside of the absolute absurdity that this is growing into, two lines really make me wonder:

"Also banned were computer discs, movies, satellite TV dishes, pig fat products and anything made of human hair."
    - human??....hair???

"..seize the banned items and hand them over to the Ministry for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, which acts as the Taliban's religious police."
    - or in NewSpeak, that's MiniVirt. That is too fucking close.

is this there defense against foreign aid? make their human rights restrictions so absurd that no one can believe they actually did it? ban pork rinds?

By Nate on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 04:47 pm:

i want to be the minister for the promotion of virute and prevention of vice.

damn.

By wisper on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 05:23 pm:

you just know he's got all the coolest shit.

By TBone on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 05:26 pm:

The movement provoked international protests earlier this year by ordering the destruction of ancient Buddhist statues and asking the country's small non-Muslim community to wear distinguishing badges.

Sounds familiar.

They can't play music? At all? criminy.

In another story:
    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/nm/20010706/wl/imdf06072001071448a.html
    And people wonder why I'm not too impressed with the United States.

By Alex on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 05:48 pm:

Why is 'W' so obsessed with pi***ng everyone off???
    e.g. Kyoto
    Son of Starwars

By patrick on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 05:53 pm:

cause he's a PISSING, FUCKING asshole.

simple.

1)business interest (i.e. fossil fuel industry: "I will not sign any global warming treaty that would compromise the American economy")

2) World domination.

By Nate on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 06:32 pm:

yeah, because signing a flawed treaty with a huge impact on the US economy over a concept as scientifically bullshit as global warming is a good idea for the country.

you know, he swore to do what's best for the nation. he did the right thing with kyoto.

By patrick on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 06:43 pm:

ive never read the treaty. but i don't trust Bush to do the right thing in terms of the environment, especially when business could be compromised. I also don't think global warming is scientifically bullshit either. I don't think its 100%, but there is more evidence it exists than not.

If the problem is not addressed, there won't be any economy.

By Antigone on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 06:45 pm:

No, he didn't.

The world will make him, and us, tow the line.

Cold fusion is "scientifically bullshit." Global warming is not. I guess you think a vast majority of scientists are wrong. They think global warming is not bullshit.

You think it's bullshit? Show your credentials and give your arguments or shut the fuck up.

By Nate on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 06:57 pm:

you're asking me to prove the negative? why not prove that it does exist?

there is a lot of pseudoscience out there. don't get caught up in the religion.

there is no evidence that human existance is contributing to global warming.

there is evidence that atmospheric temperature conditions can change rapidly (and have long before man walked the earth.)

there is obvious evidence of natural global temperature shifts.

the vast majority of scientists (in applicable fields -- i'm a fucking scientist, and i have all the credentials of a lot of the so-called scientists who run the studies that the media picks up.) do not agree that there is human generated global warming.

By Nate on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 07:13 pm:

"I must state at the outset, that, as a scientist, I can find no substantive basis for the warming scenarios being popularly described. Moreover, according to many studies I have read by economists, agronomists, and hydrologists, there would be little difficulty adapting to such warming if it were to occur. Such was also the conclusion of the recent National Research Council's report on adapting to global change. Many aspects of the catastrophic scenario have already been largely discounted by the scientific community."

-Richard S. Lindzen, Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

By Nate on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 07:22 pm:

Also from Lindzen:

"The main absorbers of infrared in the atmosphere are water vapor and clouds. Even if all other greenhouse gases (such as carbon dioxide and methane) were to disappear, we would still be left with over 98 percent of the current greenhouse effect."

evidence of the problems with the media and the religion of science:
    "in the summer of 1988 Lester Lave, a professor of economics at Carnegie Mellon University, wrote to me about being dismissed from a Senate hearing for suggesting that the issue of global warming was scientifically controversial. I assured him that the issue was not only controversial but also unlikely. In the winter of 1989 Reginald Newell, a professor of meteorology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, lost National Science Foundation funding for data analyses that were failing to show net warming over the past century. Reviewers suggested that his results were dangerous to humanity. In the spring of 1989 I was an invited participant at a global warming symposium at Tufts University. I was the only scientist among a panel of environmentalists. There were strident calls for immediate action and ample expressions of impatience with science. Claudine Schneider, then a congressman from Rhode Island, acknowledged that "scientists may disagree, but we can hear Mother Earth, and she is crying.'' It seemed clear to me that a very dangerous situation was arising, and the danger was not of "global warming'' itself."

"At the same time, political pressures on dissidents from the "popular vision'' increased. Sen. Gore publicly admonished "skeptics'' in a lengthy New York Times op-ed piece. In a perverse example of double-speak he associated the "true believers'' in warming with Galileo. He also referred, in another article, to the summer of 1988 as the Kristallnacht before the warming holocaust. "

By Nate on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 07:23 pm:

you've fallen for it, antigone. you're smarter than this.

By Cat on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 07:48 pm:

The US has signed the protocol already. Bush is just making America out to be dishonest by not ratifying it.

The arguments against global warming are purely political.

United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan:

"Imagine melting polar icecaps and rising sea levels, threatening beloved and highly developed coastal areas such as Cape Cod [in Massachusetts] with erosion and storm surges. Imagine extreme weather causing billion dollar calamities. Imagine a warmer and wetter world in which infectious diseases such as malaria and yellow fever spread more easily," said Annan, describing many of the potential effects that climate scientists have warned could result from global warming.

"This is not some distant, worst case scenario. It is tomorrow's forecast," Annan added. "Nor is this science fiction. It is sober prediction, based on the best available science. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, a group of the world's leading climatologists and others - including many from the United States - has carefully sifted the evidence and concluded that climate change is occurring, that human activities are among the main contributing factors, and that we cannot wait any longer to take action."

By Cat on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 07:51 pm:

The US has signed the protocol already. Bush is just making America out to be dishonest by not ratifying it.

The arguments against global warming are purely political.

United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan:

"Imagine melting polar icecaps and rising sea levels, threatening beloved and highly developed coastal areas such as Cape Cod [in Massachusetts] with erosion and storm surges. Imagine extreme weather causing billion dollar calamities. Imagine a warmer and wetter world in which infectious diseases such as malaria and yellow fever spread more easily," said Annan, describing many of the potential effects that climate scientists have warned could result from global warming.

"This is not some distant, worst case scenario. It is tomorrow's forecast," Annan added. "Nor is this science fiction. It is sober prediction, based on the best available science. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, a group of the world's leading climatologists and others - including many from the United States - has carefully sifted the evidence and concluded that climate change is occurring, that human activities are among the main contributing factors, and that we cannot wait any longer to take action."

By patrick on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 07:53 pm:

considering whats at stake...i see being a hard ass, for concrete facts, when it IS clear that toxins from fossil fuels and autos are not good FOR HUMANS, muchless the planet...i say fuck economy, we will adapt. Id rather adapt to a struggling economy than to a hot ass planet with all the aforementioned possibilities

By Nate on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 08:07 pm:

the statments by annan are patently false.

i say, imagine giant intelligent reptiles firing nuclear warheads at earth from their pastel pink moonbase! this is not some science fiction, or some distant future, this is going to happen in 2005! this is why we need the missle shield.

you going to believe me?

"Observed global warming remains far below the amount predicted by computer models that served as the basis for the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Whatever record is used, the largest portion of the warming of the second half of this century has mainly been confined to winter in the very coldest continental air masses of Siberia and northwestern North America, as predicted by basic greenhouse effect physics. The unpredictability of seasonal and annual temperatures has declined significantly. There has been no change in precipitation variability. In the United States, drought has decreased while flooding has not increased.

Moreover, carbon dioxide is increasing in the atmosphere at a rate below that of most climate-change scenarios because it is being increasingly captured by growing vegetation. The second most important human greenhouse enhancer -- methane -- is not likely to increase appreciably in the next 100 years. And perhaps most important, the direct warming effect of carbon dioxide was overestimated. Even global warming alarmists in the scientific establishment now say that the Kyoto Protocol will have no discernible impact on global climate."

Patrick J. Michaels, professor of environmental science at the University of Virginia, senior fellow in environmental studies at the Cato Institute.

By Antigone on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 08:11 pm:

Ah, the "you're smarter than this" line. The gauntlet has been thrown down. :-)

I haven't fallen for anything. You don't know what my opinion of global warming is, so don't assume that you do.

"you're asking me to prove the negative? "

No, I'm asking you to back up your statements with at least a little argument. Just a little. A teensy bit.

As with any of my opinions about things I'm not sufficiently qualified to address (i.e. most of the universe) I'm not going to claim to be 100% confident that global warming is 1) actually happening, and 2) is caused by humans if it is happening. However, I am confident enough about it to say that it is not bullshit. It's well within the range of possibility and none of your quotes so far have discounted that. Your quotes boil down to "It might not be happening, we can handle it if it does, and a few intractible yahoos believe in it." Not a very compelling argument.

Besides which, your quote source, Lindzen, gets funding from the oil and coal industries. (See 4th paragraph here.) He may not be that objective.

Now, I know you love to point out segments of society that you think are being oppressed by liberals or the government or whatnot, but consider that this might blind you to the truth. Just because the establishment backs an idea doesn't make it automatically wrong.

And, just because I say global warming is "not bullshit" doesn't mean I've "fallen for it." Whatever "it" is. Do you want my actual opinion, or shall I shut up?

By Nate on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 08:23 pm:

dish antigone, you big pussy.

"when it IS clear that toxins from fossil fuels and autos are not good FOR HUMANS"

the power generating industry is the #1 generator of your toxins. an easy and cost effective way to combat this is to move from fossil fuel burning plants to nuclear plants.

would you support nuclear power plants, patty?

By heather on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 08:26 pm:

an effective way to combat this is to move to nice climates and go to bed when it is dark.

By Cat on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 08:29 pm:

Oh please, the Cato Institute is just a mouthpiece for business interests. They say so themselves:

"Cato's natural resource studies department was established to challenge the "market failure" critique of free markets with regards to the energy industry and the environmental commons. The Institute strives to promote policies that would help protect the environment without sacrificing economic liberty...In sum, Cato scholars argue that central planning is no more capable of providing for environmental protection than it is of ensuring economic growth. It is not "market failure" that leads to pollution, but government failure to recognize property rights and to hold polluters fully liable for their activities that leads to environmental degradation. Likewise, energy is no different from other goods produced in the marketplace and is not infected with market failures that justify government intervention."

Wake up and smell the polar caps melting.

By spunky on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 09:35 pm:

I hate to hear this shit about the green house effect and global warming.
    Yes, global warming is indeed taking place.
    No, we humans are not quite powerfull enough to cause it.

Remember a study about the time of the dinosaurs?
    The entire planet was tropical. Much warmer then it is today.
    Then, according to currently accepted theories, an astroid blocked out the sun and froze the world over, killing the dinosaurs.

If one was to beleive the bible, the earth was, after it was created but before the flood, enveloped by a "canvas" or "canopy" of clouds.
    It never rained. It "misted" because of the humidity. It was a tropical climate all around the planet. No ice caps.

The earth is on a thermo cycle.

Tropical Age
    Ice Age
    Tropical Age
    Ice Age.

Yes, the polar caps are melting. Because they are still receeding from the last ice age.

By dave. on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 09:39 pm:

all i can say about this is, "hurry up".

By Nate on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 09:42 pm:

By Antigone on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 09:44 pm:

Yeah. I loved the line "senior fellow in environmental studies at the Cato Institute." Kinda gives you ideological whiplash, doesn't it? :-)

Well, Nate, I may be a big pussy, but I'm a big hungry pussy who's at work with nothing to eat, so I'm going to make this quick.

My opinion of global warming is this: There's enough evidence to warrant action, and the scales are tipped towards action anyway (almost to the point of global warming being irrelevant) because there are fringe benefits to developing non fossil fuel combustion related energy technologies. These benefits include 1) having a more renewable energy source, 2) having more effecient energy production, (both in cost effeciency and in the thermodynamic sense) 3) having less energy related pollution, (or more easily managed pollution) 4) reducing or eliminating U.S. dependence on foreign energy sources, and 5) having more decentralized and autonomous energy generation for the general population.

Personally I prefer fuel cells and nuclear power as alternatives, in that order, as alternatives to fossil fuel combustion. Fuel cells have all five benefits. Nuclear has everything but #5.

And, after writing all that, I realize that I don't give a shit about global warming. The benefits of alternatives to fossil fuel combustion are enough.

I'm going to go have a chicken sandwich and lift weights now. And, no it ain't no free range chicken, either! Fucko.

By Antigone on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 09:56 pm:

Nate, how do you see "trending down" in that Antartica temperature graph? Are you stoned?

By Nate on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 10:10 pm:

well it's certainly on the down side of even. did you break out your HP-48 and run the numbers, stat boy?

By spunky on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 10:13 pm:

We are still in the last ice age.

By Cat on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 10:47 pm:

By JERRY_WHEELER on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 11:39 pm:

when did nate and antigone start competing?

By wisper on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 02:27 am:

well, neither of them really recovered after their poor showing in the swimsuit competition.

By Cat on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 04:17 am:

Oh that's too too funny. Thank you Wisper.

By Spider on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 08:25 am:

I don't know how relevant this is, but yesterday on NPR's Public Interest, there was a guy named Brian Fagan talking about the "little ice age" that took place from 1300-1850 AD. Temperatures started to rise in 1860. He said that human industry has contributed to this rise, but it's also just part of the earth's temp. cycles.

He did say that thousands of years ago, a glacial lake in Canada spilled out over its banks, sending billions of gallons of fresh water into the Atlantic, and that's what precipitated the last Ice Age. (I hope I'm getting this right.) Within a generation, the temperature had plummeted. Scientists from the EU are presently devising ways of preventing this from happening again.

Audio transcript can be found here.

By Antigone on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 10:36 am:

Nate and I have been competing since the beginning of recorded time.

It's not my fault he's such a sore loser and keeps coming back for more punishment.

By Nate on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 01:47 pm:

"Wake up and smell the polar caps melting."
    "By Cat on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 10:47 pm:
    Bye Bye ice caps"

so, cat, you do understand that the poles are not found in africa and south america?

and you also understand that glaciers have been receding for a lot longer than 200 years?

the 50's and 60's were cold decades. in the 70's people thought we were heading for an ice age.

kind of odd when industrial polution, the release of so called greenhouse gasses into the atomosphere, has been increasing over the last century and a half. you'd think it would be getting hotter and hotter as the greenhouse effect increased and increased? can you explain the cold snap of the 50's and 60's?

i haven't lost yet, antigone.

By Antigone on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 04:09 pm:

I decided that it wasn't worth fighting over. I decided that global warming is irrelevant because we need to ween ourselves off fossil fuel combustion. That would have the side effect of alleviating global warming, if it in fact exists, so what's to argue about?

By patrick on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 04:11 pm:

about how hilarious it would be if i took a whiz in your bed.

By Nate on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 04:29 pm:

the problem, antigone, (aside from patty) is that we generally agree so in order to argue we have to go to the outer stretches of no-one-gives-a-fuck banality.

though the scientific evidence is that reducing fossil fuel combustion wouldn't have much effect.

in fact, now that i think about it, the greenhouse gas that is 98% of the problem, if the problem exists, is the exhaust of your happy fuelcells. and a byproduct of nuclear fission.

hmm?

let's mangle science for everyone.

By bingo on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 05:18 pm:

patrick, that would be totally hilarious. almost
    as funny as if you took a leak all over nate's
    stash.

what's to argue about?

By Cat on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 05:36 pm:

Nate mate, sorry I went a bit broad there for you. I really should have spelled it all out a bit more. I was trying to say, not only are the polar caps melting, so are glaciers.

But don't worry about believing people who've dedicated their lives to studying the planet and analysing environmental data. You believe whatever the right wing business bully boys put out there.

Global warming is happening now. Better teach your grandchildren to swim*.

(*cute line for effect only, not to be used as a rebuttal point)

By Antigone on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 05:40 pm:

Fuck fusion. Fission forever, baby! Radioactive boron makes a manwich more tasty.

Besides, water vapor can be easily contained in....water! duh.

You're reaching just to pick fight. Fucko.

But I've got to take off for the weekend now anyway. I've got a 'Nawlins date with a certain cute archaeologist.

By J on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 05:44 pm:

Then what happens when the water is gone? Think about that.

By patrick on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 05:48 pm:

wow antigone and sem are dating?

By Nate on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 05:51 pm:

"But don't worry about believing people who've dedicated their lives to studying the planet and analysing environmental data. You believe whatever the right wing business bully boys put out there."

environmentalist organizations are huge distributers of misinformation.

are you saying the nasa thermo readings are falsified by big business?

the polar caps are not melting in a way inconsistant with polar cap melt 500 years ago.

glaciers have been receding since the last ice age.

you can't explain the global cooling that occurred during the 50's and 60's. if industrialization is really increasing the global temperature, a 20 year period of global cooling in the last 50 years doesn't make sense.

--

of course i'm reaching to pick a fight. what is anyone doing?

By Cat on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 08:10 pm:

"are you saying the nasa thermo readings are falsified by big business?"

Nasa prostitutes itself to raise funds. The page you linked to was operated by a research company which appears to be funded by another company called SGT Inc. "From 1995 through 1999, SGT achieved growth of 2,028%." Impressive.

Your figures regarding cooling in the 50's and 60's are bogus, according to figures from the US National Climatic Data Center: http://www.epa.gov/globalwarming/climate/index.html

According to your Environmental Protection Agency: "Global mean surface temperatures have increased 0.5-1.0°F since the late 19th century. The 20th century's 10 warmest years all occurred in the last 15 years of the century. Of these, 1998 was the warmest year on record. The snow cover in the Northern Hemisphere and floating ice in the Arctic Ocean have decreased."

I rest my case.

By Nate on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 08:37 pm:

you rest nothing.

the first graph of your cited page clearly shows a downward (cooling) trend from the late 40's to the mid 60's. the issue of earth heading towards another ice age was certainly raised, and while the movement wasn't as large as the current global warming movement, it was signifigant. considering the enivornmental movement really started in the 70's, there is no telling how our current media would blow a similar cooling trend out of proportion.

the epa is bunk.

http://www.junkscience.com/jan99/skewed.htm

By Cat on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 08:42 pm:

Your ass is bunk.

I'm resting. Peel me a grape, big boy.

By Alex on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 06:25 pm:

hmm things seem to have slowed down here now dont they!? Tut tut!

But i think the one fact that has come out of all this is that W is a complete pile of wank
    Sorry to offend anyone here but heck, thats just the way it is!

By Nate on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 07:28 pm:

he's not a complete pile of wank.

he did manage to get himself elected.

By Cat on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 07:32 pm:

If you're not offending someone, then fuck off.

By Nate on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 07:44 pm:

no shit, cat. where the fuck is our welcoming committeeee?

By Cat on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 07:52 pm:

Slack fuckweenies. I'm voting them out at the next Sorabji Parliament.

By heather on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 08:01 pm:

i already welcomed the fuck out of that stupid kid

-sigh-

somewhere

By Nate on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 09:05 pm:

ARE YOU ON THE WELCOMING COMMITTEEEE?

By heather on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 10:16 pm:

just for that i'm gonna fuck the welcome out of that stupid kid

By Nate on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 10:22 pm:

uh. what?

By heather on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 10:28 pm:

you heard me

By Nate on Sunday, July 22, 2001 - 11:17 pm:

i read ya.

is that the canceling out activity?

welcome the fuck out of,
    fuck the welcome out of..

hm

confused.
    easily.
    brainplaysminorroleinthismovie.

By bingo on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 01:07 am:

you guys need to get some sleep before the big shebang.

By heather on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 08:44 am:

she bang?

what the fuck?

By Antigone on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 10:27 am:

By semillama on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 11:49 am:

Brian Fagan is an archaeologist who has the sadly rare talent in this field in being able to explain things about the past in a manner that's engaging and comprehensible.

We aren't in an ice age Spunky. The development of civilization occurred after the last advance of ice (known in the US as the Wisconsonian) began receding about 13,000 years ago. What will bring back another ice age will be if/when the Gulf Stream shuts down again.

By heather on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 12:02 pm:

or if david falls into the manhattan sea

By Spider on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 12:04 pm:

I found Brian Fagan to be very engaging and knowledgable, yes. He must be a wonderful professor.

By Nate on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 02:51 pm:

RICE AGE!
    LICE AGE!
    MICE AGE!
    NICE AGE!

By Alex on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 03:08 pm:

you need to take your pills Nate!

Its been one of THOSE days today...

By Spider on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 03:08 pm:

I hid a rose in my rage.

In my mind there are mountains between us.

The light of hope shines in your eyes. Dementia has gone, purged from inside.

You blocked up my ears.
    You plucked out my eyes.
    You cut out my tongue.
    You fed me with lies.

Oh Lord.

On thy grave I lie.

By semillama on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 03:11 pm:

TEN MILLION FUCKOS CAN'T BE WRONG.

By Nate on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

AHA!! I GOT A POPTART NOW YOU FUCKOS!! AHAH!! BRITNEYSPEARS ON MY JOCK!?! FUCKOS ON PURBLIE ARGH!! SPILLT NOW DID I FUCKOS?!! HAHH!!

By spunky on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 03:46 pm:

Natey took his FUCKO pills again

By Spider on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 03:47 pm:

Why the hostility today?

Does no one appreciate art?

By semillama on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 03:47 pm:

By spunky on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

What I can't stand is all the different types of bread now. I just can't go in and order a
    Cold Cut Trio on White anymore! Hell no, now there are 4 different types of white, and two types of wheat.
    FUCKO's

By semillama on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 04:40 pm:

Well, the point is that you can go in and ask for it but you have to make a special effort to get it the way you want.

Well, no that's not the point. Fuck the bread, they just sprinkle some shit on top of normal white or wheat, they don't fool me no no I used to be a Sandwich "Artist" you know.

Still, it's way better than eating at McDonald's.

By Alex on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 05:08 pm:

Sorry thats probably my fault, I never actually specified which tablets Nate should have taken.

Still I have made note of this error, and it may, or may not happen again.

Who could say?

By Cat on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 05:56 pm:

Spider, your verse made it worth getting up today.

By Nate on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 07:54 pm:

advent
    spiritchaser

By spunky on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 09:53 pm:

Shit is better then mcdonald's

you eat shit for breakfast?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact