ANTHRAX

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: ANTHRAX
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By scared shitless on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 10:23 pm:

FLORDIA
    NEW YORK
    NEVADA?

ARE YOU GUYS WATCHING THE NEWS?

NO LINK TO TERRORISM??????

By Eri on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 11:08 pm:

Exactly what I was saying earlier. There are also unconfirmed at several other locations, one being the Kansas City Star. Not to mention, Seattle.

By dave. on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 11:56 pm:

a month and a ½ ago, i might have wished for an anthrax outbreak in seattle. i hate seattle.

By J on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 01:31 am:

But that was a month and a half ago,Dave what about Cleo? What kind of world will we leave them?

By dave. on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 01:46 am:

i have no control over that, j. none whatsoever.

By Nate on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 02:02 am:

scott ian says the band name is no longer apropriate.

By trace on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 09:25 am:

I think that gov has issued some kind of order forfidding incedents that only affect a small limited amount of people to be called a terrorist act, to avoid panic.

By Whodunnit on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 10:32 am:

a very close relative of mine sent the following e-mail and asked me what "your friend thinks about all of this" meaning you. if
    indeed you are the one who knows and believes in the writings related in "Lifetime Guarantee" book.

Yes. It's a solid book based on the bible.

Here is the letter from relative:
    "POLLY DO YOU THINK ITS THE BEGINNING OF THE END.....I DO AND IM
    SCARED.....PRAY AS MUCH AS YOIU CAN FOR GODS INTERVENTION IN THIS WAR
    SHIT....IT COULD GET OUT OF HAND REAL QUICK.....I PRAY THAT
    REVELATIONS/ARMAGGEDON IS NOT COMING TRUE B-4 OUR VERY EYES..........PLEASE
    ASK FOR FORGIVENESS OF SINS AND ACCEPT JESUS AS SAVIOR ....I WANT TO BE
    CAUGHT UP AND OUTTA HERE B-4 ALL THE SHIT HITS THE FAN.....DONT KNOW WHAT TO
    DO.....THE MARKET COULD VERY WELL CRASH OVER NIGHT ....SHOULD WE SELL OUT NOW
    AND HIDE THE CASH IN THE BACK YARD? I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY BUT IM
    SERIOUS.....WHAT DOES YOUR FRIENDS AT LIFETIME GUARANTEE SAY ABOUT ALL OF THE
    CURRENT HAPPENINGS.......I LOVE YOU MUCH....PLEASE PRAY FOR ME TO HAVE
    STRENGHT TO RESIST EVIL / SATAN AND TRY TO GET RIGHT WITH GOD...........AM
    STORING WATER GAS AND ANYTHING I CAN THINK OF AT THE CAMP JUST IN CASE WE
    NEED TO HIDE OUT.......LOVE YA SIS....JESUS IS LORD AND HE DIED FOR OUR SINS
    AND THE SINS OF THE WORLD AND I ACCEPT HIM AS MY PERSONAL SAVIOR AND ASK THE
    HOLY SPIRIT THOUGH JESUS TO TAKE CHARGE OF MY LIFE AND MY AFFAIRS AND I ASK
    GOD TO BLESS ME AND ENLARGE MY BORDERS AND PUT HIS HAND UPON ME TO PROTECT ME
    FROM EVIL.....I ASK THESE THINGS IN JESUS NAME , AMEN. ./.....SOON, SE YA
    TOMORROW AT P & M's, MAY BE THE LAST ONE ...WE'LL TALK THEN, JIM."

like i requested,
    please let me know if you are the one that i spoke with about these things.

I am the one. The book says more than I can. Your friend needs to get
    a handle on things. If we die we are in a better place. I live 20
    miles from NYC and people are in bad shape around here. Unless the
    terrorist use a nuke within 40 miles of where you live you would be
    ok from that. Unless they use chemicals sprayed at you or over you
    you would be ok. You need to touch or smell anthrax and it can't be
    caught. Smallpox could be a problem or some other thing that can
    spread but that's about it. Just stay away from crowded places and
    watch who you are around. Be smart and pray. Pray Psalm 91! The
    bible says the Lord will give us peace so relax and trust Him.

God bless,

Larry

By droopy on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 10:34 am:

it hurts me deeply that scott ian said the word "appropriate", in any context.

By Chicken Little on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 10:36 am:

Folks, the Floridian anthrax event has been determined NOT to be terrorist related.
    Many deaths are from anthrax but coroners write down death from flu or some symptom of it. Only now when things are being monitored so closely for such diseases like the big "A" are they coming to the conclusions. Anthrax is in soil and can be dormant for years.

By Scared shitless on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 10:57 am:

Um, of course the gov said it was determined not to have anything to do with the terrorist.

Look at the facts:

First case in 25 years, within one mile of where some of the terrorists trained to fly the planes.
    Media outlet.
    Next one, NYC, original package tested negative, but recepient tested possitive.
    Media Outlet.

Let's get real here people.
    Yes, I think it is a terrorist act.
    No, I do not think these actions are aimed at large amount of people. They are doing exactly what they want, they are getting the attention directed towards something while they will do something else......

By Dani on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 02:28 pm:

Agreed.

By Dougie on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 06:49 pm:

That's the most lucid thing you've ever posted, Dani. Keep up the good work!

By Dani on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 07:10 pm:

I think the toothless SKANK in the trailer next to yours is calling you to help fix her skirting. RUN Dougie, RUN.
    And while your down there................

By Dougie on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 07:25 pm:

Softballs, all you lob me are softballs. Can't you throw me something high and inside?

By Nate on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 07:28 pm:

c'mon, dougie, she was offering you a piece of her pie.

By Dani on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 07:48 pm:

SoftBALLS seem appropriate for you.

I'm sure you think your little periodic outburts are funny but their not. I cant even find anything close to being funny in anything you say.
    Keep showing off though, I'm sure you'll get a laugh from someone.

Nate and Dave have amused me from time to time. They at least have said some humorous and entertaining things. You are WAY out of their league so stop trying so hard.

I am embarrassed for you Dougie.

By Eri on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 09:54 pm:

Yeah, another insulting contest.

Anyways, back to anthrax. They shut down the big Ford plant today in Claycomo. Found some white powder that had been dropped into a paper towel container.

Of course, this wasn't any terrorist action.

By Mikroorganizm on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 10:03 pm:

What next, will they ban baby powder sales...

By Eri on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 10:42 pm:

I hope not, my daughters ass would be really ugly then. Baby powder and cornstarch are the only things that cure her diaper rash.

I hope she doesn't get a rash soon. Maybe, someone put some anthrax in the baby powder.

Ugh,
    freaking things to be paranoid about.

By A Gram-positive encapsulated spore forming nonmotile rod on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 10:42 pm:

By Gram-positive... on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 11:31 pm:

By Dougie on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 01:06 am:

MMM...rancid clam & hair pie. Thanks, but no thanks.

I never said I was in either Nate's or Dave's league, hon. And yes, I'm embarassed for me too. Embarassed that it's so easy.

By trace on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 10:55 am:

five more cases in FL, the one in nevada tested possitive the first time, negative the second time and possitive the third time, and a second case in NY
    And the other one in NY tested possitive.

more random acts? or terrorist action?
    does that question really need to be answered?

By Dani on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 12:01 pm:

Did I ever tell you that you remind me of that Louie Anderson asshole from Family Feud Dougie?
    Always trying to get a laugh but just never does.

Atta boy, keep up the lame work.

By Eri on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 08:06 pm:

I just read that you can get anthrax from undercooked meat that has been exposed. Nobody eat at McDonald's :p

My best friends little boy (he's 4) got food poisoning from an undercooked cheeseburger at McDonald's yesterday. You should have seen us looking at all of the anthrax websites. By the way, thanx for the linx gram-positive.

There have been more scares out here, with the press and the post office. Here's hoping for the best, but not quite expecting it.

By Czarina on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:14 am:

Gosh,am I the only one who seems to find it somewhat odd,that these cases of anthrax,don't seem to be particularily communicable?

This has me greatly disturbed.Something is wrong with this picture.

Several years ago,a biologist friend and I were discussing germ warfare.We were chatting about how easy it was to purchase anthrax,[and other not-nice-types-of-diseases],via the internet.At that point in time,we were discussing the fact that there were factions out there,who were marrying anthrax,with URI germs.[upper respitory infections]The cold virus.

Anthrax is not easily communicable.But the cold virus is.That was the point,of marrying them.To produce an EASILY communicable strain.[and it was easy to acquire]

I reiterate:something is wrong with this picture.
    Is this a ruse?Are they trying to throw us off track,while they are masterminding something much more deadly?

I don't know,but something is not right here.They are not ignorant people.They would not have overlooked this detail.

I don't know what they are up to,but I don't think it will be a good thing.

Food for thought.I remember several years ago,some dissidants had contaminated some salad bars with some type of germs,in Oregon.I don't remember the details,because I had already moved here.But it probably wouldn't be a bad idea,to forgo any open food areas.

I wish this madness would end.I am not worrying myself sick.

My s/o has put a big flag in our yard,and makes us salute it as we pass.He is not following "flag protocal",which I don't hesitate to point out,each time he stops us at the flag area.I overheard him on the phone,asking his brother,if he knew where he could get a tape of "Revelery".This will be the last straw.The first time I am awakened,with a bugle in my ear,we will have our first "stateside" casuality.

By d-con blues on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:50 am:

i would like to preface what i'm about to say with the statement that i am extreeeemly drunk.

but, if czarina is asking why the strains of anthrax now appearing in florida and elsewhere are not easily communicable:

it is better strategy over all to use a non-virulent strain of bacteria in germ warfare. highly communicable bacteria travels - it might wipe out your intended target, but who knows where it will go after that. for example - if i found myself infected with a virulent strain of anthrax, the first thing i would do is fly my ass over to the suspected source of said strain and infect their sorry asses. me and every other infected son of a bitch dropping ourselves on them like infectious human bombs.

in theory.

so it's better to use a bacteria that can be confined to a specific target by not being highly communicable.

By dave. on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 01:07 am:

he'd have better luck looking for a tape of "reveille".

*snicker*

By Czarina on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 01:08 am:

That would be your priority?

I would think that trotting off to a Dr. would be most peoples priority.

I don't know.I never considered that aspect.I would have to say that could be a consideration.

It just seems that if one were inclined to do nasty,terrorist type stuff,it would be more logical to have your "terrorism" effect a large number of your proposed "enemy".

But I don't know.The "giving-it-back-to-em" hypotheses,has a sweet irony to it.I kinda like it.

By Czarina on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 01:20 am:

I'm just hopeful that there will be NO purchasing,of annoying tapes. :)

And thinking on the "givin-it-back-to-em" theory,they already want to die,cause Allah has promised them a much better life,after death,so I wonder if that would be a consideration.[the out of control disease theory,I mean]?

I honestly don't know.But going with the non-communicable anthrax theory,makes me feel better.Safer.

By d-con on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 02:22 am:

the "infectious bombs" part was a little fun hyperbole - but the rest is true. even if no one on our end went on a suicide mission of some kind, the threat of a communicable disease making it back to its source is still real. especially when the source country is much less equipped to handle it than we are. bacteria have lives of their own, bombs don't. unless they go "astray."

By Czarina on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 09:42 am:

I love Jesus Christ.
    He is my LOrd and Saviour.

By Dougie on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 10:23 am:

No Dani, you never did tell me that I remind you of that Louie Anderson asshole from Family Feud. But thanks for the out of left field comparison. I certainly wasn't expecting that. Now y'all sit right back and let me tell you a little tale:

From what I hear, Dani's really fond of that Family Feud show because in real life, Dani's family has had its share of feuds. Like the one time old Jeb Hatfield wanted to have sex with one of her sows-I mean siblings, one of her many siblings (subtle distinction there)-male or female, it made no nevermind to old Jeb. Well, it turns at that Dani's brothers, Robby and Bobby were off on a 2-year training course learning the ins and outs of outhouse repair and maintenance, and Dani's sister, Dannie (pronounced as it's spelled -- Dani is pronounced dan-`EEE however, similar to how you'd call a hog: soo-`WEE), well Dannie was laid up with some sort of infectious disease where her body parts would just plum fall off of her, in fact just that day that Jeb came a-callin', Dannie had lost her good ear -- the left one (good thing too, because Dani's family's soup that night finally saw some meat), and the other siblings were off doing god-only-knows what. So where were we? Oh yeah, so Jeb went and offered Dani's Pa $20 for a roll in the hay with Dani (Jeb was kind of sweet on Dani anyways -- Dani kind of looked human, she wasn't too awful hairy, and she still had all 5 appendages, well 4 and a half -- the vestigial tail had been ground down to a stump from years of Dani scratching her haunches against the tree out back like a bear). So Pa agreed, as long as he could watch, and off they all went to the loveshack (barn) where the unholy deed was done. But as soon as Jeb was finished and had proclaimed, "Geewhillickers, Dani, ya might be due early for your yearly bath out in the pond," he grabbed his overalls and ran out of there as fast as he could, without paying Dani's Pa the agreed-upon $20. Dani just lied there, still in too much bliss to even notice that Jeb had rushed out (it was her first time with a human, and goshdarn did it beat the billy goats she was used to coupling with), and Pa tried to pull up his britches and run after Jeb, but he was momentarily blinded by some sort of white, gooey substance, and he couldn't unclutch his right hand to grab his britches nor his shotgun. So, it seems that Jeb got away! Now, it's at this point in the story that we jump ahead a few changes of the moon. Turns out, Dani was carrying Jeb's baby inside of her, and she couldn't bear the thought having that baby without previously being properly paid for it. So she got out her best clothes hanger, and went a-fishin'. "Pa, Pa, look what I done caught!" And Pa said, "You catch it, you clean it!" So she did just that. Later that week, Pa is at the county auction, selling a livestock and some children, and who does he run into but Jeb. "Jeb, I reckon you owe me $20, you no good cheatin' son of a so and so." And Jeb says, "I most certainly do not y'old geezer. I put that roast into Dani, and where I come from, that's considered a delicacy. Worth at least $10 a pound, and seeing that Dani fished it out at 8 and a half months, that'd be at least a 5 pound roast. Accordin' to my math, that'd come to about $21." So, it was stalemated at that. And even though Pa's family had eaten the best they had in a long while, Pa still wasn't happy about being tricked out of the $20, so the feud between Dani's family and Jeb's continues to this day.

By patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 11:59 am:

do not let the hysteria of anthrax get you.

this thread is ridiculous.

only three people have actually been infected.

many have been EXPOSED but not infected.

there is no mass threat to american population.

now get some perspective and settle down.

By trace on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:27 pm:

Patrick,
    Sure, only three have been infected, and the rest exposed, but does not lessen the threat.
    No reason to be hysterical over it, true.
    But no reason to dismiss it either.
    My point is this:
    The government is lying to us about the possibility of this being related to Bin Laden and/or this is just a distraction over what the terrorist actually have planned.

If this is not the work of Bin Laden's group, and it is just a bunch of seperate sick individuals, then it is a HUGE coincindence that the actual spores are being sent primarily to media outlets.
    Oh, and the land lord of one of the terrorists from Florida that flew one of the planes on Sept 11 works at AMI.....

By patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:35 pm:

they arent lying. every "official" I have seen has said they just don't know.

it frankly doesnt matter if its connected to him or not. its a threat all the same.

there are many people who have bones to pick with the US. coincidence? no of course not. splinter terrorist groups are going to bandwagon.

futility.

we can't win.

By Dani on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:41 pm:

THAT was perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever seen here at Sorabji.com Dougie. I have seen some "plum" stupid shit here but that took the cake. Just when I think that you couldnt possibly say anything more rediculous, you go and out do yourself.
    I did however read your little story several times hoping to find at least something somewhat funny but just like a Tom Arnold movie, I just couldnt even come close to cracking a smile.
    The "retarded" title now belongs to you Dougie. You've earned it. Congrats.

By trace on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:42 pm:

CBS) A letter opened in the office of U.S. Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle "had anthrax in it," President Bush said Monday.

Mr. Bush said the envelope was field-tested shortly after being received, and the staffers who have been exposed are being treated.

Speaking to reporters at the White House, the president said "there may be some possible link" between Osama bin Laden and a recent flurry of anthrax-related developments.

By patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:47 pm:

Dani the fact that you read it not only once, but twice clearly indicates the joke was on you moron

By Patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:50 pm:

I am actually the MORON
    I am a total loser
    I play spin the bottle with my mom

By Patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:51 pm:

Dani you are a terrific guy
    Let's listen to some Marvin Gaye and make out

By J on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 01:04 pm:

I'll join patrick

By 911 on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 01:05 pm:

patrick is a fairy

By patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 01:21 pm:

hey S....fucknuts....it was funny for about a split second.

now its just annoying.

dani is a woman dumbass.

By Eri on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 01:34 pm:

I think that S is the only one so far who doesn't have a picture of Dani. C'mon now, we can't expect her to know that Dani is a woman by her name. Common sense is too much to expect out of some.

By J on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 01:39 pm:

That last J post wasn't me either,the slut for jesus thinks I'm a man.If anyone can tell who is doing this,please post it.I know it's S,I just want proof.

By patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 01:45 pm:

source code tracing all lead to the Univ of KY

By trace on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 01:59 pm:

KY or KS?

By patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 02:02 pm:

Kentucky

By Dani on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 02:05 pm:

I dunno who's actually posting what but I do know 3 things for sure.
    I am indeed a woman. I do like Marvin Gaye's music. Patrick is far from being a fairy.
    Posting in other peoples name seems to be quite the bad little habit around here.
    I think we all do enough fighting and arguing around here without the help of some idiot trying to make it worse.
    Unless of course it is just someone trying to funny. Than the joke is certainly on me.

By Janie formerly S on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 02:06 pm:

I go to the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Ky

I told you that I will stop Patrick if you all will stop hating on my religion and making way more of the situation than it is

By Janie on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 02:07 pm:

Besides,

I have said nothing so bad that it can't be forgiven

By patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 02:09 pm:

fuck you and fuck your religion.

you can't hold a BBS hostage because you dont like the opinions you religious asshole.

you dont like the opinions....leave.

look at what your so called "religion" is making you do, ass.

By Eri on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 02:11 pm:

We are not hating on your religion. There are many southern baptists in here. We are hating on your beliefs and your blatent ignorance of what you preach. deal with it.

By Hal on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 02:16 pm:

S...Fuck off...

I think that sums up my feelings about you my little yon zealot.

By semillama on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 06:37 pm:

By Scared shitless on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 10:12 pm:

ABCNEWS officials said that a 7-month-old boy who visited the network's headquarters in New York for several hours on Sept. 28 contracted the cutaneous form of the disease, which officials say is highly treatable.

By eri on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 11:25 pm:

Tom Brokaw has been confirmed with anthrax as well. Thank God it is treatable. This is insane. Then again, so am I.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 02:02 am:

By semillama on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 08:53 am:

What, azre you kidding?
    Earth-We must get off! I've been preaching that for years.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 11:54 am:

totally.

space is the place man.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 01:26 pm:

sure, colonization. but down towards the bottom, where he talks about how we'll need to have cyborgs to fight off the super intelligent computers...

By Antigone on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 01:40 pm:

"stephen hawking has gone off the deep end"

Nah. He's just swimming in the shallow end of the meme pool.

By Spider on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 01:42 pm:

You're good, Antigone.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 01:44 pm:

nate, everyone knows the next major war will be fought with spacebots.

who wins will be determined by those who make and repair these spacebots.

By Antigone on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 02:54 pm:

Ditto, ArachnoBabe.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 05:06 pm:

Oh, yeah, super-intelligent computers. Yeah, he's lost it. everyone knows it's going to be the Supersonic Aluminum Nazi Hell-Creatures from inside the Hollow Earth we're going ot have to worry about, never mind the GREEN ENERGY DEMONS hurtling through the inky depths of space towards this planet right now!!

Plus, everyone else on the planet trying to kill me at random times, forcing me to annihilate their brains with my powerful eye-beams. This turns them into rabid sports fans who don't have time to kill me because they are too busy buying tickets to the season opener.

By Antigone on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 05:20 pm:

btw, do you have those Michael Jordan exibition game tix yet, d00d?

By semillama on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 09:01 am:

who are you talking to?

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 09:39 am:

This tid bit of info has me greatly distressed.

I think we should get a jump start on this.We need to appoint cyborg delegates.Its much better to get in on the ground floor,that way,we can be firmly rooted in space.

We can ask for volunteers,but if no one comes forth,we'll have to use our best judgment,and delegate our delegates.

Personally,I feel that Nate would be an excellent choice.First,and foremost,he brought this to our attention.Secondly,he is quite computer savvy.And thirdly,he's a guy who won't take an ass fucking from just anybody.All qualities that will be useful in this endeavor.[and I'm also kinda afraid of Sems powerful eye-beams.I would have suggested him,but I'm scared he'll use those eye-beams for personal gain]

So I think Nates our man.

By sarah on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 10:25 am:

"Vote For Nate! He won't take an ass fucking from just anyone!"

By scared shitless on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 11:00 am:

29 Daschle office personnel test positive for exposure to anthrax
    House offices to close today; security sweep through Monday
    Government source tells CNN anthrax was "high grade, very virulent"
    Hastert: Spore found in ventilation system
    Investigators may be looking at separate sources in Florida, New York

IT'S AIRBORNE BABY

By Dani on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 11:06 am:

This is some scary shit. And I think it is just the beginning.
    Fuckers.
    Small Pox will be next.

By Milk Maid on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 11:16 am:

If we all milk cows,we'll develop a natural immunity to small pox :)

Health tip #134

By patrick on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 11:26 am:

jesusfuckingchristonacrutch!

small pox will not be next you paranoid motherfuckers.

stop listening to ted kopple and dan rather for your information on this shit.

turn OFF your TV.

fickle public paranoia hysteria.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 11:54 am:

what you need to be scared about is the toll its taking on authorities and out economy.

they have shut down the senate. business is being halted. police officials, bioterror police units are being tapped to the hilt. the costs are expected to soar through the roof.

the economic impact of all of this, including public paranoia and false claims and even hoaxes are going to thwart this country into a fullscale depression if we arent careful.

id say you have a greater chance of going to the toilet in terms of finance than being killed by anthrax or smallpox.

By sarah on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 12:03 pm:

By Xyrea on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 01:16 pm:

Ring around the rosies, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down!

There have been a few scares of Anthrax here in my cranny of the world. As of yet, there're have been no confirmed cases though. Media is making people crazy. I think we'll all go in a wave of panic before anything solid occurs.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 01:46 pm:

So, anyone hear anything about anti-abortion terrorists send letters with white powder to Planned Parenthood and abortion providers?

By eri on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 01:56 pm:

I am not paranoid that people will be dying of this. I am paranoid of the effect this will be having on our government, and our economy. We shut down the house today, they get what they want. That freaks me out.

By Platypus on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 02:02 pm:

Yes, sem, I have, and I think it's a couple o' white boys taking advantage of the situation.

Did anyone notice that we bombed a Red Cross warehouse yesterday?

By semillama on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 04:58 pm:

Yep. What's amazing is that we owned up to it.

By Antigone on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 05:22 pm:

Did you notice that the Taliban captured the food that was in some other warehouses?

Maybe we bombed the Red Cross intentionally so the Taliban wouldn't get the stuff first.

From CNN: "The executive director of the World Food Program told reporters Wednesday that the Taliban has seized warehouses belonging to the relief agency in Kabul and Kandahar. The warehouses contain more than half of the agency's wheat supply destined for relief efforts in Afghanistan."

By patrick on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 05:25 pm:

is it no surprise that the wrong people and bldgs get bombed during these types of events? Chinese Embassy? Passenger Train? All of these were nailed during the Kosovo exercise. Are you surprised or shocked my duck-billed, web-footed friend?

By Platypus on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 06:54 pm:

I'm not surprised, I just think it's pretty stupid to hit a building with a big red cross on it, since I was under the naive impression that hospitals and their supplies were immune to idiocy. Silly me.

I know that the Taliban has seized a bunch of stuff, but I still think it's pretty fucking shitty for us to bomb a medical supply warehouse.

And don't forget, I have poisonous spurs...(Speaking of which, I got the catalogue, which is most excellent, and as soon as I figure out what I want, I'll support the economy or something).

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact