i didn't lock up my bike last night.

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: i didn't lock up my bike last night.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
pez on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 03:03 pm:

i saw u:
    boy stealing green bicycle from the corner of emerson and minnesota late 12/22. i'm totally in love with you though you took my beautiful bike away.

musicians wanted:
    various musicians (bike punks preferred) to form a one-show band for a bike benefit in north portland. must be willing to cart equifpment to my house; i play flute and keyboards and my bike's gone. lauren 286-xxxx.

i didn't lock up my bike last night when i got home from work and so it was gone when i woke up this morning. i woke ben up with my shouting and stomping and whining about my bicycle.

i woke up afraid that my bike was gone and when i discovered it was stolen i was severely annoyed so i've already expirienced both my emotions today and it's only noon.

so there's going to be a benefit for my new bicycle on january 25th, the day after my birthday, to raise money and collect parts so i can build a new one. everyone's invited.

By wisper on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 05:03 pm:

awww pez, that's shitty. But i bet your new bike will be even better

By eri on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 07:43 pm:

I have a 10 speed I never have used. It was a gift from my parents. It needs a new tire. Other than that I think it is in perfect condition. Wish I could put it in a box and send it to you!!!!

By pez on Monday, December 24, 2001 - 12:31 am:

oh well.

joel is enthusistic about either playing or having his band play. i'm going to strt a band specifically.

it happens.

i flipped out during my lunch, started crying and couldn't calm down for nearly an hour. the rest of my day i felt really shitty and could hardly work at all. i couldn't understand what anyone was saying, iall i wanted to do was curl up and cry. i hate christmas. all the people on high stress wanting the same things right now. billions of one hours and "you need to unlock this case right now" every five minutes.

i felt claustrophobic and sick, solitary as all get out. finished my christmas shopping and there's nothing i'd rather do on christmas day than sleep the entire day. my only day off this week is the holiday; i'm working 45 hours and i can't handle this emotionally. i am headed for a nervous breakdown i want to break down my body bit by bit and thropw it into the fire. let the flames lick my bones one by one to ashes and dust, become one with the earth. ashes to ashes, dust to dust. but rise up out of the flames as a phoenix, strength renewed as one is reborn through the heat and burning. i will be invincible and no one can keep me from flying to the stars.

no one.

ask icarus if he regretted those waxen wings once he tasted the sky. ask anyone.

By Alex on Monday, December 24, 2001 - 04:09 pm:

I asked my brother and he said he might have regretted it for a bit, just before he hit the ground.....

Thats pretty shitty Pez, the other month someone stole my cycle lights from my bike 'cos i forgot to take them into the studios with me. Stupid dicks, why would they want two cycle lights without the clips to use them. fuckers!

I hate people who steal. - thats a pet peve that i forgot to put down.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, December 26, 2001 - 06:05 pm:

At least, Pez, you don't work for L.L. Bean.

I understand those poor folks are open 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

Ouch!!! That's got to hurt.

When I started working in retail, the stores were closed for all federal holidays. Then they started to open on Labor Day and Memorial Day. With volonteer employees only; of course. After a couple of years the employees had to work one of those holidays.

Then one year the store I worked for was written up in the paper about how nice it was that a retail company would close and give their employees the Fourth of July holiday off. You can guess what they did the following year.

But, by then I was gone.

My wife has often said, "one of these years in stores Christmas will be celebrated between Twelve Midnight and Twelve O' One AM."

They have got to go after the almighty dollar.

By wisper on Wednesday, December 26, 2001 - 08:59 pm:

you know what i want? a 24 hour mall. That's my dream.

By pez on Friday, December 28, 2001 - 12:54 am:

fuck you. i won't be there.

i'm going to chop off my hair and dye half of it bright red. sew my 30's style dress and wear it with my 50's frames, cutup sweatshirt, fishnets and black satin slingbacks for the show. it'll be pretty.

all i have so far is a song about icarus. i could revamp some of my 17depression poems but that's no fun.

By dave. on Friday, December 28, 2001 - 01:02 am:

that's the spirit!!

i'm glad you flew the coop, pez. happy new year!

By Daniel ssss on Friday, December 28, 2001 - 03:24 pm:

Pez, a little Icarian blues:

Icarius, The Tender Lover

Well into the deeply warm summer night
    He has slipped away
    Whoring of this world’s oath and bond
    And gone from sleep by garlands of wine
    Slipped past the slippery glass.

And he has ridden upon forbidden wings
    To heights he cannot comprehend, where some say
    Erigone had hung herself for grief of him;
    There, in the islands’ mists he partook
    Of freshest berries and fresher cream.

Some say, too, he dabbled with the feast of life
    Fresh time itself and even of the night
    And has lived
    Throughout unspoken flights of fancy
    Only in the freedom of dream,

Where at morningtime, gazing homeward
    He found that things had changed:
    The festival gone, the murder made,
    Night’s constellations turned to sun
    The warm dark night now the cold wet dawn.

from Something Like The Cost of Darkness
    © 1980 Daniel L. Smith

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact