in the land of strange incidents...

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: in the land of strange incidents...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 02:08 pm:

the last 12 hours or so have been severly bizarre. i went to bed last night and decided to conduct a ritual. no candles, no insense, not tools. just my voice and my imagination.

i cast the circle and almost immediately felt boyant. energy wrapped around my body, a cocoon, an egg. i meditated for a few minutes and let the circle disperse because i could hear the boys talking downstairs and it broke my concentration.

this morning i got up and lit candles and incence for the powers i talked to last night. then i went about my morning.

later on i was working on my room (a mess) and sylvie came in through the nearly closed door. it remained about twio inches open after she passed through it.

she sat and watched me work for a few minutes (sitting in front of the heat vent under the sink) then went to the window in the northwest corner of the room. it wasn't anything new, since she's always been attracted to that particular window. first she knocked over my bowls of water and salt that i keep on the upper ledge of the window, then battted around at the calendar next to it. she fell then, knocking a bunch of rolled-up posters over and didn't even attempt to move out of the way when a small lamp clocked her on the head.

i gave her a "sylvie, you're a goof" look and went about my business, doing a double take when i realized that she was hanging from the cord on the blinds! she wasn't struggling or making any sounds so i thought she might be dead already. luckily she wasn't, but it took me nearly twenty minutes to calm her down.

By Christopher on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 03:28 pm:

My Landlady went on a trip to New Zealand and Fiji for the entire month of December (No doubt financed by our exhorbitant rent). While She was gone, San Francisco was deluged by weeks of rain, unlike anything I have seen in the 9 years I have lived here. Our house came under invasion by ants, and when I say invasion, I am not kidding. They were everywhere in HUGE amounts. One night, I couldn't sleep, because I felt like my skin was crawling. I originally chalked this up to disgust, having had to battle the marauders all day, armed with insect spray, windex and paper towels. Soon, Not being able to bear it any more, I got out of bed, turned on the lights and realized that our bed was crawling with horrible, disgusting, ANTS. I kicked my S.O. out of bed, and changed the sheets...But, that is not the point of this story.

My Landlady keeps an apartment downstairs, and while we managed to pretty much eradicate the ant invasion shortly after the rains stopped, I couldn't help but wonder what was going on in the apartment below us. She returned at the begining of January, but I couldn't get ahold of her until this past week. I asked her if there were any ants. She paled noticably, and told me that before her vacation, some friends had appeared at her door with a chocolate cake to celebrate Her birthday. She had taken the leftover cake and put it in the FREEZER. When she came home, ants were everywhere. She used up a can of bug spray, but they were still everywhere. She eventually got around to looking at the fridge, and when she opened the freezer, she was met with a frozen bar of ants, 3 inches thick that lined the rim of the freezer floor. 3 inches wide, 3 inches tall, and it ran the length of the freezer door. She fled the apartment that night and stayed with Her boyfriend, until She could muster the courage to return. Just typing this, I can feeeeel them crawling on my body. Hows that for strange, or does that merely fall under the "disgusting" category?

By The Watcher on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 03:54 pm:

Reminds me of my first apartment.

The week before my wedding I moved in to a ground floor apartment in Baltimore city. After a couple of days the apartment was invaded by flying ants. They were coming in through every heating vent in the place.

I stayed up all night using bug spray, Johnstons No Roach (can't get this now - DDT), and a fly swatter.

By TBone on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 07:24 pm:

We had lots of little tiny ants in my basement apartment because my doofus of a roomie at the time left a huge bag of sugar open under the kitchen sink.

They disappeared suddenly when the Hobo Spiders came.

By semillama on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 08:07 pm:

I had some ants, but the various spiders took
    care of them.

I don't lioke spiders, but the ones I don't see,
    its those ones I like because my apt. is
    virtually bug free.

THat's worth a LOT.

By pez on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 09:32 pm:

i don't mind ants, but then i've never had an ant invasion.

By semillama on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 09:54 pm:

How 'bout an Aunt invasion?

SHoot ME!!!!!

By TBone on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 12:21 am:

You're doin' enough shootin' for us all. Keep up the good work.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact