LAST GASP FOR SHAREHOLDER RIGHTS: the proposed Hewlitt Packard and Compaq merger

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: LAST GASP FOR SHAREHOLDER RIGHTS: the proposed Hewlitt Packard and Compaq merger
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Against on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 08:43 pm:

THE POSSIBLITY of blocking this "love child" merger between the dove-tailed number 2 and 3 pc manufacturers. . .

It's the last gasp for shareholder rights. I'm talking about proud poppa of this love-child Michael Capellas who can't help reminding us of Rudy Giuliani meeting up with his mistress Carly and the only way they both get to keep their jobs is for the shareholders to ratify this cockamamie merger as though it were a Soviet Party Congress. . . The typical way annual meetings play out where the shareholders mindlessly ratify by a 99 to 1 margin the perk packages of big corporate management from the 200 million a year stock options, the corporate jets with golden parachutes where the "executives" latest plan is rubber stamped by the shareholders 98% to 2% for the - this proposed merger (by the way, can anybody look at Carly Fiorina on stage with the Rudy Giuliani-like CEO of Compaq without thinking something's going on between them besides a CORPORATE merger . . . )
    it's the "love-child" of the two CEOs. Of course the only way that mergers ever really benefit the bottom line is by slashing payroll.

SHAREHOLDERS = annoying dissidents

By eri on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 08:53 pm:

I hate mergers of two major companies. It only hurts the employees. That I know from experience. It also hurts the public, though many don't care beyond their personal bottom line.

This is sad.

By Wondering. . . . on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 07:35 pm:

It's true. It's VERY Sad. The War room of Hewlett Packard Employees, using the Corporate list of individual shareholders to work a phone bank at HP headquarters urging stockholders to "Get Out The Vote" . . you can guess what their bosses are hoping we'll vote for! A merger that will result in pink-slipping about half the staffs of both companies including the people that are working the phone-banks. How's that for being a corporate whore?

(When I, the typist for this rant) was contacted they urged me to vote and when I asked . . "you mean the Green Card (Walter Hewlett, Son of one of the companies founders is against the merger) the one that is sent by Walter Hewlett, they replied "no, the white one"
    but they both have the For and Against squares.)

Page Seven Adds:
    I'm Wondering . . . Does anybody else think it's more than just CORPORATE Merger Between Carly Fiorina (CEO of Hewlett Packard) and Michael Capellas (CEO of Compaq?)? ? Everytime I look at the dude, I'm reminded of Mr. Public Adultery himself:. . . . . . .

R U D Y !!
    A fellow CEO would make some kinda Ultimate trophy-wife/girlfriend.
    But at least the dude is out-front enough to show his bald head without the world's supidest looking hairpiece.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact