here...

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: here...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 11:42 am:

By eri on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 12:02 pm:

I loved it. Then again, I have never been an SUV fan. I drove my mothers and didn't feel any safer. I felt just as crunched up in it as I did in my 1976 Honda Civic. I also happen to know many people who take on the attitude that they have the bigger vehicle so everyone else has to move out of the way or get run over. My parents are prime examples of this attitude. They have always been into the big gas guzzling V-8's and they have always made fun of me for always getting little 4 bangers, but the funny thing is that I can fill up my gas tank and it will last me a month. If I have to fill up twice in a month, boy have I been busy and driving all over like a mad woman. They have to fill up twice a week. I think that kind of tax on the environment is awful, and refuse to be a part of that.

By patrick on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

my mom sent me an email last week, they already own an Explorer, my step dad is having some sort of middle aged-baby boomer crisis because he's buying everything up in sight. He went and picked up an Expedition. I suppose the Excursion will be next.

I cracked up when mom actually said its great, we can tow the boat and get to the beach and back on one tank of gas!!!!

Its a 2 hour drive from Raleigh to Wilmington. I could make that drive 3 times on one tank.

My mom's attitude is "can't beat em, join em" which is negligent in my mind. But you can only push so far with this kind of shit.

I just love the editor's attitude of pressing safety, and the comparison to second hand smoking he makes. Until then, my argument against SUV drivers, while childish but unanswerable, was that the drivers are making up for a sexual deficiancy, namely in size.

By eri on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 01:01 pm:

I understand about the middle aged crisis thing. My parents just refinanced their house so that the house and his truck will be paid off in ten years and he can retire. Two weeks later they went out and bought a HUGE R.V. so they can stay at a campground when they "come to visit us" as if we even know how long we will be here. They buy just about everything in sight, and of course they don't do it responsibly. They spend money like it is going out of style.

I hate the "can't beat em' then join them" or the "keeping up with the Jones's" attitudes with modern purchasing. My car is ugly as sin, and the body is beat up horribly, but it runs well and I don't have a car payment.

I liked that correlation between car pollution and second hand smoke as well. I have used it often. Maybe it is something with smog, but pollution is pollution.

Being that my mother is the one who is so in love with S.U.V.'s you might be right about the lacking in size. I always said she was the one with the balls in their marriage. She acts like she wants to be "the man" so maybe that is part of her fascination with big S.U.V.'s and farm equipment!!!! Who knows with her.

By heather on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 03:42 pm:

nica just crawled into a bag and sits there. she's funny.

By droopy on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 04:04 pm:

woke up this morning
    to the sound of rain.
    i like rainy days.
    mattie was sitting
    on my shoulder
    (i sleep on my side)
    peering down at me.

By Spider on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 04:21 pm:

I woke up this morning
    and there was a hand on my face.
    Someone's hand
    on the right side
    of my face.

I trembled and shook
    when I touched the hand
    and could feel the hand
    but couldn't feel me
    feeling the hand.

Understand?

Then I learned:

My left arm was numb
    from sleeping on my side
    and my left hand
    rested on my right cheek
    in a tender
    gesture.

It wasn't scary
    at all.

Only sad.

By patrick on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 05:16 pm:

i took woke up with Isabella sitting in the groove from my hip to my shoulder (sleeping on my side like droop) and a numb, tingling hand underneath me.

this is weird.

By droopy on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 05:27 pm:

when i became a paraplegic, i had to train myself to sleep only on my side and wake up every two hours to turn turn myself over (my immobile lower half). you do this by setting an alarm clock to go off every 2 hours until your body is trained never to get a good night's sleep. one night i woke up and i couldn't feel my arm - couldn't move it and couldn't feel when i touched it. i was convinced the paralysis had spread to my arms. but it had just fallen asleep.

By heather on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 05:27 pm:

nica just growled a little growl and flipped the tips of her paws

in her sleep

last night i dreamt of sarah
    she had an art gallery in ferndale
    i made a piece for a show she was having

By patrick on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 05:33 pm:

have you ever noticed how damn cute cats' paws are?

little soft pink "toes"?

dang i wanna be home right now with my meow meows

By Platypus on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 06:28 pm:

They are. My cats love it when you rub them in between the toes.

an suv almost ran me over today. they were hanging out in the through lane and pissing me off going 30 miles an hour, so I moved into the right lane (i know, it's illegal to pass on the right, but DAMNIT!) to pass them--low and behold, they decide to merge into the right lane...on top of me.

By droopy on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 06:51 pm:

gotta love them cat footses.

my cat loves to be stroked on the underside of the cheek.

By patrick on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 07:04 pm:

I want to share some insight from a guilt-riddled, persecuted SUV driver in Silverlake who read this editorial.

Doesnt get much better than this.....especially the part about dressing up in drag to go to the Trader Joes.

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:33:15 -0800 (PST)
    To: **********************************
    Subject: Re: Common sense is a weak rival to desire

"******" <************.com> wrote:
    Patrick
    What a whiner. Condescending, smarmy and not very witty. Hardly makes a valid point.
    Ultimately we should all walk, ride bikes and use public transportation. Otherwise it's all a lot of diatribe. There are good arguments on all sides.

Are you getting one of those electric cars. They are cool.

Peace

P

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:54:31 -0800 (PST)
    Subject: Re:Re: Common sense is a weak rival to desire

P,
    Eh. There are very few good arguments to have an SUV other than the fact that we can. Convenience, this exclusively American notion that size=luxury, and the hauling capabilities are really the only reasons to have one. Considering most SUVs you see around only have 1, maybe 2 people in them.....what other good reason to have one is there? You have to consider the effects these vehicles have on the rest of the driving public. The idea that the driver of one is safer, yet the rest on the road are in more danger, to me, is ultimately selfish.

This is the crux of the article:

"As ultimately happened with tobacco, Americans decided that personal actions jeopardizing public health should be taxed unmercifully. The same should apply right away to SUVs with stiff new truck fees."

I wouldn’t consider an electric/hybrid just yet as there are few charging stations. I’m not anti-auto, just wanting less selfishness and more sensibility. Ask C., her car has been victim to an Explorer with one driver in it. Had this person been driving a sedan she may not have sustained the damage she did. At at time when technology is readily available to make SUVs and heavy trucks much more efficient, to make us less dependent on foreign oil, and reduce the chances we'll have to start digging in treasured wild lands....the responsibilities are there, right in front of us, as consumers.

Like I said before though....I won't hold your personal choice of a vehicle against you.

p-money

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:30:09 -0800 (PST)
    Subject: Re: Re: Re: Common sense is a weak rival to desire

Patrick
    There are so many issues out there that anything beyond home gardening, riding a bike, walking, living in an adobe structure built in the ground, off the grid is truly an impact on our planet. I do not defend or impose my rights to have the type of vehicle I have. I conserve, I limit unnecessary trips. I work in the same neighborhood I live in. There are people with smaller cars that think nothing of commuting 80 miles a day.
    It is truly a quandary to me where this animosity towards people who own certain vehicles comes from. I don't believe everyone can be lumped together like that.

C. was hit by an Explorer....not a bad driver, it wasn't an accident. I don't get it.
    The writer lumps soccer moms into the SUV stereotype. I don't get that. Don't they drive mini-vans and Volvo's and Honda Civics as well.

I think the most interesting POV is that all individuals who drive SUVs are arrogant, defensive and uncaring. That is just not fair. I personally feel like a sucker who fell for a trend. My sticker said 17 MPG and I don't nearly get that. I am so ashamed of driving my big bad car around forcing my will on the general population I must constantly look for new sunglasses and headgear to "Jackie O" myself up when I go to Trader Joe's...where all the soccer mom's shop. I mean really.

Safety, yes. But there are semi's on the road and a multitude of other vehicles. Ships arriving at Los Angeles harbor put out more harmful emissions each day than all the cars on the road. I mean the arguments never end. It's a dirty, polluted world out there and we are the cause. That's all there is to it.
    Conserve, recycle, carpool, turn the lights off and the AC down, oh and don't eat at McDonald's either (rain forest ya know). We're all in this together. It's not just the SUVs.

Peace....again

P.

By semillama on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 08:19 pm:

space ghost is sitting in the crook of my arm,
    and tries to catch the cursor.

By moonit on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 12:29 am:

Ferg likes to sit on the monitor and purr at it.

She also likes to attack the screen and type random messages

By heather on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 02:46 am:

you should hear how she talks about you,

you should hear what she's sayin

By Virgils owner Daniel ssss on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 02:49 am:

I dreamt of an art gallery of paraplegics' cats' toes' art smeeeaaared all over the hoods of Big SUVees and miscellaneous wheels flying over body parts, mostly arms and hands facial images of the unseen, unfelt, pinpricked numbness of life online at 3 am.

I awakened to sorabji on virgil

By moonit on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 03:17 am:

I can imagine.

Tonight I fed her gourmet cat food and kitty milk. She purrs

By eri on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 09:43 am:

I gave Sidney some infants motrin (she has had a fever)now she is cool and purrs. Drugs make my cats happy!

By patrick on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 11:42 am:

im sure im preaching to the choir but i love it when angry sam gets some coffee and liquor in him at 8am....

Hey Patrick - got the old juices flowing with that SUV editorial, as The SUV debate seems to do with many people. SUV's are getting more and
    more bad press everyday, except from the car manufacturers, congress and gas merchants. Let's look at this - why are non-SUV drivers so emotionally opposed to SUVs? I'd like to state them, with responses that as far as facts go,
    can't be refuted by SUV drivers. Non-SUV drivers can't see around an SUV, A FACT causing us - in an already stressful driving situation to become more stressed. This is a NEW phenomena. It is not something most of us have had to grow up with. And the fact that trucks have existed for 100 years does not deflate the hatred for the new SUV obstructions. Trucks in general are limited in where and when they can drive. Trucks are
    driven by professionals and rarely in my lifetime have I been stuck behind a
    tractor trailer on a surface street on my way to the movies - but now I'm stuck
    behind a SUV everyday no matter where I go. Plus, trucks are limited in
    number (not everyone that could be swayed by a really cool GAP ad is
    likely to go out an buy a ten wheeler) whereas over five million SUVs have
    been added to the road in under 8 years. And everyone of them seems to be
    driving in front of me. Pick up trucks are long - but their beds are
    low in height in the back and do not obstruct my view. My next point also has
    to do with SUVs obstructing my view in parking lots. When I'm parked next
    to a SUV I can't see to my side to see if any cars are driving behind me
    as I pull out. They force me to back out BLIND, causing anger on a daily
    basis. This, again, was NOT a problem ten years ago, now it happens everyday.
    So, in my drive to the movies, I'm blocked from seeing upcoming lights,
    Traffic patterns and road signs by SUVs. Once I've reached my destination, I
    Have trouble in parking lots because of the size of SUVs. And, if the SUV
    driver says - tough luck, quit complaining - this just goes to add to
    the egocentric attitude assumed by SUV drivers - I have one and you don't,
    so shut up. The SUVers would have a point - if again, more than one
    person drove in a SUV, but 9 times out of ten, the SUV has a driver and no
    passengers. I can count on one hand any time I've seen a SUV being
    driven by an actual soccer mom loaded down with eight foot tall children
    thanking the lord they have a SUV so their fragile heads weren't crushed by the
    roof of a normal car. The next problem non-SUVs have with the SUVs is
    street parking - in L.A., parking like in many urban areas is precious and
    there are many times when a SUV takes up two spots - because the driver can't
    park the behemoth or because the driver feels as though their car is so
    special they don't want others to scratch and bump them. Before SUVs
    this problem was confined to rich fucks driving a Ferrari or a Rolls, which
    rarely affected my life. And I can't remember the last time a ten
    wheeler was parked on my street taking up two spots. Another problem is the
    height of the SUV's headlights - they are higher than the normal car and
    distract or blur the sight of the approaching driver. This is not a personal
    attack by me about SUV's but a fact. Check page two of today's L.A. Times
    California section. The NHTSE has received an overwhelming amount of
    letters from drivers complaining to them about the safety concerns of
    SUV headlight height, so much so, that they are working with engineers on
    lowering the legal headlight height allowed on SUVs. Ten years ago
    this was not a problem when driving home late at work on a surface street -
    I say surface street because ten wheelers do not frequent surface streets
    And can't be blamed for this new problem. Then of course, there are the
    pollution concerns. It is a fact that SUVs pollute more than normal
    cars. It is a fact that ten years ago, there were no SUVs and except for
    providing personal choice and making more money for the car
    manufacturers, not many people driving SUVs actually need them for anything more than
    their own self-esteem deficiencies. Why else does a single white guy
    need a car capable of hauling twelve people around on a daily basis? As far
    as SUV drivers saying all drivers are polluters - sure, but so far
    electric cars are not cheap enough for everyday people to buy them, the great
    twist to this is that the only people who can afford to buy electric cars are
    SUV drivers. So, we can't be asked to not bitch about SUVs and just buy an
    electric car - we can't afford them. As far as the rest of the world's
    polluters go, most of us vote for pro-environmental candidates when
    given the chance, but how many of us can actually bring down the amount of
    pollution from big business? Industry, shipping and trucking has been
    around as long as we have, and sure not everyone of us is willing to
    quit our jobs in order to devote our lives to lobbying the government
    against multi-billion dollar corporations. Bush is trying to drill in Alaska -
    why? We need more gas. Does the SUV (being the newest polluting
    problem) help or hurt the need for Alaska drilling? Does the SUV help or hurt
    our dependence on foreign oil? IF the SUV were important to everyday
    American life, I'd shrug and go - we're screwed again, cough, cough, pass the
    oxygen. I mean, unless we buy our yogurt in ten gallon drums, we're
    going to have waste. (and them we'd need SUVs to drive the yogurt drums home)
    Until the cost of electric cars is lowered - which it could be by
    Placing tax hikes on the SUV, then I'd buy one. If mass transit got me to my
    job, I'd take it. L.A. had a well-documented mass transit system that was
    ruined by the car manufacturers, oil and tire concerns. The bottom
    line, again, to pollution complaints about the SUV is that it is a tangible
    target, that we can grasp and see in our everyday lives. I can't shut
    down the L.A. harbor and stop the importing, exporting business, but I can
    voice my opinion about the SUV which is nothing more than a rich yuppie
    fashion accessory. I don't know why they weren't happy with buying pot bellied
    pigs and designer coffees. The world needs the L.A. harbor, I'm not
    sure the world needs SUVs. Then there is the safety issue, which boils down
    to if I have the money I deserve to live more than the poor folk. Cars
    have become safer with steel reinforced doors - which do nothing to protect
    me from the four foot high grill of a SUV crashing through my WINDOW at a
    far greater force and impact than a normal car. If the SUVers were so
    concerned about safety, they could have bought a Volvo. But, that's
    it, we all know the SUVers didn't buy the car for safety and that a Volvo
    isn't cool. They deem the SUV as cool, that's the ONLY reason they bought
    it. And we all know they know that. The only reason they're bringing up
    safety is cause they're beginning to feel the heat. And last, but not least -
    for places like Silver Lake - the emergence of the SUV signals the
    emergence of rich white people moving into the area. With this yuppie influx comes
    gentrification - which ruins the reason most of us like Silver Lake.
    There is no denying this fact,as I watch more and more mom and pop businesses
    Get kicked out due to higher leases because they can't afford because they
    don't sell designer hamburgers for twenty seven dollars. So the bottom
    line is rich ostentatious SUVs screwing with us in our daily rituals more
    than anything else we've had to deal with in our lives. We see the SUV as
    just a fashion statement for people who can't figure out better ways of
    spending their money. I truly hope gas prices go over 2dollars a gallon. I
    really hope for that day. Of course this debate can rage for ever, and I"m sure I'll think of
    even more issues, but one thing I'm sure about is that as time goes by,
    there is going to be a stronger back lash against SUVs and public opinion is
    going to sway against SUVs and the trendy people who bought the SUVs are
    going to have to work harder to defend their selfish expenditures or get used to
    broken windows and key scratches - which I'm already beginning to hear
    about these destructive instances from people more militantly anti-SUV
    than myself. My own public protests so far have been limited to giving
    sneers to SUV drivers and parking my crappy car so close to their driver's
    door that I hope they can't get into their battleship galactica or at least
    spill their mocha grande coffee on their GAP t-shirt when squeezing
    into their SUV.

peace and smog,
    sam

By Christopher on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 01:44 pm:

By sarah on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 04:17 pm:

a few days ago thoughts of my sister's life
    made me remember hazel park and ferndale
    hand carved cabinets in small brick homes,
    canopies of old elms and maples
    helicopter seeds blanketing
    deeply cracked sidewalks, cement
    driveways lead to unattached single car garages

all the folks from royal oak moved to ferndale and hazel park after the New Yuppies and mongolian barbeque took over. an art gallery in ferndale sounds nice.

By semillama on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 08:35 pm:

Whenever some one says "Ferndale" I think of
    a rhyme an old college buddy used to say
    about a friend of his:

"My name's Gideon and I'm from Fern-dale,
    I've got lots of dope and drugs for sale"

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 12:53 am:

Think bungalow. Think Ferndale. Think Oak Park. Think prairie. Think bungalow. You forgot the twin stainglassed windows to either side of the fireplace.

By The Watcher on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 01:26 pm:

I've recently thought about getting an SUV.

Not because I need or want one. But, because it might be easier for my wife to get into it. She's had such trouble getting into and out of our car that I thought the additional hight of an SUV's seats might make it easier on her.

I hate SUV's because, like trucks and vans, you can't see whats in front of the on the highway. And, when they are behind you at night you get blinded by their lights.

My cat is all boy. He likes to try and mate with my wife's cat. Even though they can't. He also likes to race though the house at top speed whenever he's in the mood. His one good traight is he is very protective of my wife and me. If one of us moves or moans he will be right there to see whats up.

My wife's cat is strictly built for comfort. She loves to lay around and get pampered.

By Christopher on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 03:51 pm:

I just bought a beautiful arts & crafts stained glass window that was rescued from a 1905 bungalow in Chicago. Some moron razed a beautiful craftsman style bungalow to put up a nasty 4000 sq foot starter castle. The window was pulled out before the wrecking ball hit, but the solid oak front door didn't fair as well. Amazingly, the window frame didn't need to be replaced. I installed the window in my living room last week. My house is a 1910 Edwardian, so I am hoping the window feels at home with its new view.

By Daniel ssss on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 06:17 pm:

I'm slowly but surely restoring my 1980 log castle bungalow...today we talked to the propane people about a total conversion from all electric to all propane, may be even a propanefridg and freezer, and it all started with buying the Vermont Castings woodstove with gas logs.... THe doors in the house were recycled when the log structure was assembled in 1980, but the doors and windows are nearly ancient, probably thirtys. I had to replace the front door, and did so with a leaded glass monster I truly love.

I was born in a foursquare Queen Anne style ... of a large variety ... and didn't realize til recently that it too was a 1901 bungalow farmhouse.

By Christopher on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 02:41 am:

I love the floorplans on foursquares, and the way that they were adapted for all different styles. I stayed in a b&b in Portland Oregon last year that was a nice solid craftsman foursquare. The staircase leading upstairs had to be at least 5 feet wide, with window seats at the landings. Somewhere along the line, someone refaced the fireplace with faux stone. I told the owner that he'd probably increase the value of the house if he tore that stuff off, and retiled it.
    My partner and I are both into old houses, particularly arts & crafts/craftsman style. Our house has all of the cool built-ins from the period, and wainscoting that comes up to my eyebrows (I'm 5'10"). The entire downstairs is paneled, and the dining room has a plate rail that wraps all the way around. When we saw a picture of the stained glass window online, something told me that the dimensions were identical to the central window in our living room. We checked with the seller, and it matched. At that point we just went ahead and got it. It really makes a difference.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 02:57 am:

wow, great stuff. my log home is too new to be real craftsman by purposeful design. but the builder hand built it and used many recycled items, including enough craftsman touchs that I have spent the almost two years here working every spare moment on it. Trying to decide if I should do the wainscoting in the living, which would solve the air infiltration problem. tomorrow I am seeking out stone to match the fireplace in the living room, and the stove walls in the dining room. I have thought about tile....but it would be the only tile in the house and start a trend I couldnt aford to carry out entirely. I too am looking for two windows to cut into the log wall above the new stone facade behind the Vermont Castings gas fired stove to be installed there. Propane man here today...

By Christopher on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 01:46 pm:

Sounds like fun, fun, fun, Daniel. Are you using river stone or cut stone? In Berkeley, I see a lot of craftsmen houses with River stone porch supports, and they look incredible, like they are growing out of the hill side. There are a number of similar bungalows near San Jose, but most of them have had a coat of stucco sprayed over the entire house, and the riverstones painted. HUGE mistake. Once they sprayed that crap on there, it saved them the responsibility of taking care of the external wood and paint, but it killed the esthetics of the house.
    You should check out Ebay for stained glass windows. Quite often, pairs of windows will be put up for auction, salvaged from some poor bungalow that was razed. Its a big problem in Chicago, where people find these picture perfect neighborhoods, and move in, only to tear down the house, and build some glaring monstrosity in its place, thereby helping destroy the character of the neighborhood that drew them in the first place. If you dont subscribe already, you should look into getting American Bungalow. Its an incredible resource.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 08:09 pm:

it surely is; i am buying back orders as i can afford them. i'll check for windows. if you come across anything interesting and think that it might be appropriate for a log bungalow set deep in the woods, anything interior or exterior, keep me in mind. Chicago's not that far.

in the early years of the twentieth century, i understand that all the hundreds of solid oak s curve roll top desks used by city of chicago employees as standard issue were axed for firewood when newer metal desks became available.

By eri on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 08:23 pm:

That's it, I am calling you guys when we buy a house!!!!! I am good with the interior, but only as is, creating upon what is already there. I suck with the stuff you guys were talking about.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 09:24 pm:

takes a little practice, a little craziness, and a lot of money. I've got two out of three. I gotta get the place ready for the Sorabji Christmas Extravaganzes... and for anyone travelling I 70 east to west or I 55 north / south. Rates are reasonable.

By Christopher on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 01:15 am:

Danile, I found the bungalow window that we picked up from Ebay. Usually the pictures are wiped off after the auction ends, but they missed this one. Every now and then, you'll run across some that are this quality or better, but they are far and few between. I know that David Rago is running the quarterly Craftsman Auctions out of New Jersey, and Pittsfield Massachusetts, and although they cater to the higher end for the most part, occasionally architectural elements will turn up. They put out a great auction catalogue. I'm actually deeply into this stuff...

By agatha on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 02:58 pm:

that's a beautiful window. we have so many things to do with our house that it's totally overwhelming. first priority is dealing with our soft wood floors that give us splinters when we walk across them. we're trying to decide if we should try to refinish them ourselves, which seems really overwhelming to me. next up would be replacing the hideous pale gray linoleum in our kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room. i bought a bunch of square linoleum tile in different colors, the kind that they used to put into schools, and i want to patchwork the floors. the right time never seems to come, but someday...

By PI on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 03:31 am:

(T)hat's a beautiful window. (W)e have so many things to do with our house(,) that it's totally overwhelming.(Our) first priority is dealing with our soft wood floors that give us splinters when we walk across them. (W)e're trying to decide if we should refinish them ourselves, which seems really overwhelming to me. (N)ext up would be replacing the hideous pale gray linoleum in our kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room(incomplete sentence). (I) bought a bunch of square linoleum tile in different colors, the kind that they used to put into schools, and (I) want to patchwork the floors. (T)he right time never seems to come, but someday...

Just helping you out with your caps and sentence structure.

By agatha on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 11:26 am:

hmmm. "that it's totally overwhelming?" as a complete sentence? don't think so.

it's nice to see that you know how to run the spelling and grammar check in word. nicely done!

By PI on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 03:11 pm:

You sentences aren't complex enough to have to run a spell check on word. Anybody could spell check them, even a 12 year old.

Yes, I did do a nice job, and thank you for your comments.

Take care Ms. "knowing all of nothing".

Talk to you soon, and you must love to stalk me.

By patrick on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 03:53 pm:

you're such a bore.

By Spider on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 04:22 pm:

And why are you picking on Agatha?? She's the best one of us here.

By agatha on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 04:26 pm:

i'm officially putting this one in the "too stupid to debate with" category. thanks for playing!

By Cat on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 06:30 pm:

I like the fucktards, they make me look like a sweetard.

By Antigone on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 06:56 pm:

I love it when people self righteously try to correct grammar and fuck up. Way to shoot yourself in the ass, 3.14159!

By PI on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 07:18 pm:

Oh my, the dimwits here can dish it out, but can't take the feedback.

Well, I am going to give you a crash course. Good luck.

kisses

By patrick on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 07:23 pm:

i think you were the cockmaster who was being an anal comegurgler by first "correcting" agatha's post.

borrrrrrrring

borrrrrrrring

borrrrrrring

i know things are slow over there in Carolina, i lived there myself, but surely you can do more.

By PI on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 07:43 pm:

Excuse me, agatha corrected my post first. Sorry, I am not in Carolina.

But, we know where you are. Trust me.

Kisses and hugs

By PI on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 07:44 pm:

By the way Patrick, you spelled boring incorrectly. Keep up the good work.

Kisses

By patrick on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 07:50 pm:

maybe you should re read your post:

"By PI on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 03:31 am:"

and you spoke of seeing "Neal Young" with Sonic Youth in "Chapell Hill" recently.

And if you do know where, Im at, which isnt too difficult (considering i talk about the city i live in just about every god damn day!!!) i encourage you to come on over for coffee

there, now be a good bitch and spell check my post.

By PI on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 08:05 pm:

Listen brainiac patrick, I did not make the post in reference to Neil Young. You have got your posts mixed up.

I don't care to spell check your fucked up posts, and who the hell would want to have a cup of coffee with a MORON? NOT ME.

Why don't you be a good little boy and make your fucked up posts that you think are interesting, and just BACK OFF the MASTER here?

LOL

PS You are wasting your time Patrick trying to get me to associate with the likes of you.(wink)

By Fb on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 08:08 pm:

MASTERBATER(?)

By PI on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 08:15 pm:

Fb, is that what you do in your spare time? Good boy, pull, pull, pull, pull, etc. You know what I mean.

Perhaps you will keep a smile on your face.

LOLROFLMAO.......etc.

By Fb on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 08:21 pm:

no, i hire two bit sluts like you to do my pulling

By PI on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 01:10 am:

I am not a slut Fb, and I don't have to hire anyone to pull mine for me. By the way, I have a nice long 12 inch prick. Ladies, now that is hung. Fb, I hear yours is the size of a pencil?

LMAO

Checkmate!

By J on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 11:41 am:

By patrick on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 11:46 am:

funny, you and "Sabine" the same ISP addresses.

You also have the same characteristic way of mispelling and putting "love" at the end of your post.

stop lying dumbass and say something interesting for once.

By PI on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 12:23 pm:

Something interesting.

By Gee on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 08:31 pm:

he's funny. I like the way he laughs out loud.

By Antigone on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 09:39 pm:

By Antigone on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 11:43 pm:

By patrick on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 11:22 am:

fuck.

i need a cigarette and a drink after that.

im pretty sure that will give Angry Sam a corinary.

fucking brilliant.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 12:20 pm:

Just try and get that aired.

well, maybe. We've managed to stigmatize
    smoking. Who'd have thought that 30 years
    ago?

I'm pretty sure my next car will be a hybrid. By
    the time i need a next car (which i hope is not
    soon) there should be more selection and the
    price should come down too. Hooray!

By Antigone on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 04:08 pm:

Yeah. Back in '93 when I graduated college I thought, "I'll buy a used car, and hopefully in five years there will be good electric vehicle I can get." I finally bucked under in 2000 and bought an Accord because the Honda hybrid out at the time (the only one on the market then) was too small for me to sit in. :) I'm hoping that in 10 years, once my Accord is ready to retire, there will be a good electric, hybrid, or fuel cell alternative.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 06:11 pm:

Ironically for those who rail against SUVs, I
    think I read somewhere that the first practical
    fuel cell vehicles will be SUVs or SUV-like to
    accomodate the size of the cells and
    consumer need to have space for all your
    stuff.

Or maybe i just made that up, i'm not sure.

By patrick on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 11:27 am:

thats half the reason to rail against them.

if you cut many problems in half, in this day and age, many cynics like me, would be pleased.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact