CNN crossfire regarding the dog killing....

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: CNN crossfire regarding the dog killing....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Curious again on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 07:59 pm:

That had to be the funniest thing I have ever seen. The defense attorney did nothing but yell, call witnesses liars and say the actions of the judge were illegal. Apparently multiple reports of escaped attacks by the dogs were not any kinds of warning that the dogs could be vicious. When asked why she (defense attorney) brought up in court today, that the woman killed was a lesbian and blamed all of the charges on the lesbian and gay community, she said that since there were no charges until the dead woman's gay lover picketed, it is all the lesbian and gay communities fault. It was absolutley histerical. When the police arrived at the scene, the woman was dead, the dogs were running loose and the woman on trial was inside the apartment. The defense attorney claimed that when the attack happened, she laid her body down on top of the woman, to change the dogs attention and then left to lock the dogs up. With the 72 bite wounds and the location of them, it makes no logical sense that the dog owner laid her body on top of the dying woman. Also, if she was leaving the woman to lock up the dogs, then why were the dogs running loose when the police got there?

This is one sick case. The question is, are the owners responsible, or is it all the gay communities fault?

By patrick on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 11:54 am:

Even mentioning the gay community in terms of this case is bigoted and irrelavent.

The only significance of being gay in this case is in terms of benefits the surviving partner is entitled. We did a cover story on this almost a year ago (the issue bombed as most gays and lesbians could give a rats ass about political issues these days). The woman's partner was/is fighting for benefits that most are entitled to when their spouse die. This, though, has little to no bearing on whether those fuckheads are responsible for their dog.

By eri on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 12:06 pm:

So, patrick, since we are actually agreeing on some things these days, do you feel that the fuckheads are responsible for their dogs? What do you think of the charges brought against them?

I agree that throwing in the lesbian/gay factor has jack shit to do with the case and was out of line. It doesn't show motive for the dogs to kill the woman, so why should it have been brought up at all. Poor taste on the part of the defense attorney.

By patrick on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 12:10 pm:

without knowing all the nasty nasty details. yes they are responsible for their fucking dogs and deserve at least manslaughter convictions. there seems to be all kinds of talk of negligence at the scene so that might up the anty to second degree murder or some other charger greater than manslaughter.

By Christopher on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

The one person who is currently out of the limelight (but not for much longer) is the landlord. Tenants had complained about the monster dogs, and he never did a thing about it. He's going to lose his ass in the civil suit.

The whole gay angle is laughable, and the defense attorney will go down in the annals of lawyerdom as one of the biggest buffoons of all time. San Francisco has a tendency to make mountains out of mole hills, but this one really takes the cake. The fact that these 2 lawyers tried to shift blame on the victim should sit pretty sourly with the jury. They're both going to get the max.

Honestly, I wasn't even offended when the whole gay angle reared its ugly head. Its just too bizarre.

By eri on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 01:50 pm:

Wow, I can't believe this. We actually see eye to eye on something. Excuse me while I recover from the shock! Hehehehehe.

Actually, I feel that reports filed but not necessarily followed up on does equal warning, and the living conditions of the animals, the speculation about sexual abuse to the animals and the fact that the owners didn't do anything, I think that speaks for itself. A woman is dead. It doesn't matter if she is gay or straight, or good or evil, or right or wrong, because she is dead and nothing else she has ever done is relevant.

The whole gay card was ridiculous. I mean, if it had been someone I knew and cared about that was killed by dogs, you can bet that I would be out protesting for the justice of my loved one. The woman's partner was completely justified in picketing. This poor womans neighbor would be justified in picketing. It has to do with justice, not gay/straight issues.

I hope this defense attorney goes down in flames.

I haven't heard much about the landlord or his/her role in this whole thing. I have heard that the defense attorney in this case is considering being the defense attorney of the landlord. The prosecuting attorney laughed at her and told her to go ahead and do it.

There is also speculation as to who is financially responsible for the clean up and damage repair. Apparently there is a lot of damage to the building as well as a mess to clean up and it hasn't been done yet. Glad I don't live in that building!

By Christopher on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 04:53 pm:

By eri on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 05:49 pm:

Glad to see that the verdict has finally been decided. I am curious to see what the sentencing will be like. Their son was the head of some Aryan group in a prison?!?!?!?!?! Damn.

By Christopher on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 06:03 pm:

Adopted son. The one that they would send dirty pictures of Marjorie and the dogs to.

Unspeakably nasty, if you ask me...

By eri on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 06:19 pm:

Some people shouldn't be allowed to be parents or pet owners. That is some sickshit, or in the words of my best friend "Gross Out".

Any ideas on the sentencing? What it could be, what it probably will be? I think I saw something like she could get 10 years to life in prison and he could get something like 4 years?

Maybe they will join the Aryan brotherhood with their son. Freaks

By wisper on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 08:57 pm:

no, see, they adopted him while he was in
    prison. Adult adoption because they liked him
    so much, and wanted to take responsibility for
    him after he got out, and etc.
    In a sort-of interesting tie-in, adult adoption is
    also used often in the gay community, so that
    one partner at least has some rights towards
    their sig.

see? i learned something by reading Rolling
    Stone!

By eri on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 10:52 pm:

I have never heard of adult adoption before. Verrry inerrresting.

By Christopher on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 11:45 pm:

I'm a domestic partner, which is sort of like adoption, without the pall of Marjorie Knoller weirdness. We're domestic partners thru Len's job, and I am covered, medical, dental & optical. We aren't registered with the city, but did download the form to look at. Not sure if that is something we will do or not. Len is a maniac about his legal rights, and has already done some stuff with his lawyer to make sure that I am OK if something ever happened to him. Unfortunately, being in a commited relationship matters for squat (if you are gay) if it boils down to material possesions, and there is a blood relative that wants to make life difficult. Anything that we want to make ironclad, we can; it just takes a little more time, a lawyer, and some extra money. Its a pain in the ass. Perfect paranoia = Perfect awareness. Cross the T's and dot the I's, and always get it in writing.

By Czarina on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 12:55 am:

If that hidious Cruella DeVille type owner was having sex with her dog,it is no wonder that it attacked and killed another woman.It probably assumed all women were like its disgusting owner.

By agatha on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 03:06 pm:

here's how fucked i am:
    when i first heard that story, my thought was "those poor dogs." my next thought was "that poor woman. it must have been terrifying for her."

what's wrong with me?

By A word from our sponsor on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 03:26 pm:

anthropomorphism. It's a peculiarly Western trait that is ingrained in us from a steady diet of Disney cartoons, and Saturday morning television. As long as you don't have deep intellectual discussions with your cats (particularly if they are responding and telling you to kill your boss), you are just fine. Sometimes Jesus talks to me through the radio in my car, but that is something completely different.

By eri on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 08:41 pm:

Agatha, I would have had the same responses if I first didn't have the information about the lies regarding her protecting the body of the dead woman, and the sexual abuse to the animals. After that information, I don't feel sorry for her at all. I think the sentence of 2nd degree murder was, in fact, warranted. After seeing more of what she had done and her basic belief system I was horrified. She is what I often get classified as, and I deplore it. I don't believe in white supremacy (even though I am the atypical white girl and my husband is the prime example of the arian race as are my children), I don't believe that there is anything wrong with the gay community, and I don't belive in using animals for sexual pleasure. I think that this woman was wrong on so many levels. I don't believe a word out of her mouth. I feel unbelivably sorry for the people who have lost in the loss of this amazing teacher of a woman who was killed. There is no justification that the significant other of this woman has lost almost everything (as I would feel if I lost my spouse) and because they were gay they don't have any rights to anything. I think that justice was served in that she and her husband were found guilty. I hope she gets life imprisonment.

If this post doesn't make much sense, I apologize because I have had two glasses of wine and am starting to get my third. MMMMMMMMMMMM wine :)

By Czarina on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 02:24 am:

Christopher,is it true that in SF,they don't put any animals to sleep at the animal shelters?

And that the animals have private rooms,with furniture and TV's,to help them get used to living in someones home?

By eri on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 08:49 am:

Wow, I don't remember anything like that in SF. If that is true the place REALLY must have changed since I last lived there.

By patrick on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 11:38 am:

animals are put to work for three squares and a roof. how do you think those street cars get around?

its a work for food program.

By Nate on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 12:41 pm:

there are no-kill shelters in SF.

By eri on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 01:22 pm:

There used to be in Kansas City, but then they decided that they had too many animals and changed.

By spunky on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 02:38 pm:

I really do feel sorry for the dogs.
    just like children, they are simply a product of upbringing.
    that is why pet owners must be held responsible for thier pet's actions, and parents must be held responsible for thier under 18 children. if the child is over 18, then the parent should at least feel partially respsonsible

By sicked out on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 03:09 pm:

Knoller -- she was with the two, large Presa Canario dogs when they lunged for Whipple -- was also charged with second-degree murder. The couple also faces a charge of keeping a mischievous animal that killed a human being. Under California's penal code, any person owning or having custody of a dog trained to attack or kill may be held liable if the dog kills a human.

Whipple, who lived in the same apartment building as the defendants, had the key in the door and one of two grocery bags inside when the dogs attacked, testimony showed. During the mauling, the dogs, which have since been destroyed, ripped Whipple's clothes from her body, Hammer said.

Officers found a naked Whipple, "her throat ripped," bleeding and crawling toward her apartment, Hammer said. Knoller did little to stop the attack or assist Whipple, he said.

"Marjorie was nowhere to be seen and she didn't call 911," he said.

By Cat on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 03:53 pm:

Spunky, I can't believe you feel sorry for the dogs or believe that they're just victims of a poor "upbringing". Those dogs are vicious and should never be kept as domestic pets. It's not just a matter of training them to be nice puppies, it's like owning a tiger and thinking it's just a big puddy tat.

By spunky on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 05:05 pm:

ok, afterlooking at the stuffon this site, I see that this dog is meant for dog fights.
    They have been bred and optimized for killing.
    Why have 2 in a 900 square foot apartment???
    why have one?
    why would the landlord allow such creatures to reside in a 900 square foot apartment?

The dog did what it was bred to do, trained to do
    do you blame the gun or the person who used it?

since the defense attorney brought it up, my question is this, was the dog turned loose on the victim? or even ordered to attack?????

By Dogo Canario on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 05:09 pm:

By Cat on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 05:21 pm:

Those dogs should be banned. So should guns.

By semillama on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 06:31 pm:

Huh, spunky, if you look at the FAQ on that
    site, they specifically deny that the dog was
    bred for fighting.

Not that I trust them.

By wisper on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 06:42 pm:

fuck.
    see the dog on that page with the freaky
    tiger-stripes? one of those tried to kill me
    when i was 5. It was running loose (it
    belonged to the trashy hick family next door,
    don't know why, they had nothing worth
    stealing) and came towards me,my sister and
    a friend of ours as we were playing in the park
    across the street. One of my most vivid
    childhood memories is trying to claw my way
    back up an orange tube slide, with that
    horrible dog at the other end, clawing and
    barking and trying to climb up and tear me
    apart.
    My mom saw what was happening and had to
    chase it down with her car until it ran off. I think
    she called the cops.

Cat is right. All animals can be dangerous, but
    those things are bred insane.

i hate dogs.

By Christopher on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 07:42 pm:

You are right...All an animals can be dangerous...But some are just
    EVIL

By Nate on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 08:17 pm:

"Mariya and her new pups"

imagine that.

By eri on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 09:59 pm:

Better watch out Christopher. Those cats will suck your breath out while you sleep :)

By moonit on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 01:08 am:

I was expecting pictures of the beast to lead to penis photos.

I have a sick mind

By patrick on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 11:47 am:

can you believe this shit

since when do DAs consider charges because of an influx of emails?

By patrick on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 11:48 am:

poop, wrong "water-cooler" current even thread.

By J on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 12:13 pm:

I'm glad they are looking into it,I always thought he should be on trial,he totally broke that woman,he bragged about never changing a diaper,he still wanted to have children even when he saw she wasn't copeing,I'd like to castrate him.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 12:20 pm:

jesus christ j...please try and be a little less bitter and tyrranical.

its established the guy is a prick, a bad father and a horrible husband, none of which is against the law.

as a republican-minded gal, rule of law should be priority hon.

By J on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 12:24 pm:

I don't play by the rules,they never get you anywhere.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 12:25 pm:

well alright then. now that the matter is clear.

By eri on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 01:11 pm:

According to the article, the most he would possibly do is 2 years. What is the point? The whole world knows that he is a prick and he basically abused his wife and children. His chances of leading a happy life from this point on are very low.

I am not defending this ass in any way, but my question is why the trial? Are they trying to set a precedent against asshole husbands, or what would they be trying to accomplish by this, seeing as his jail time wouldn't be that much compared to his losses that he is already suffering (loss of wife and 5 kids)?

By Christopher on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 01:46 pm:

Eri, your last paragraph sums up nicely why this guy won't spend one day behind bars. Its the ultimate trump card. On a bright note, however, he can look forward to living the rest of his life KNOWING that the fiery pit of HELL awaits him. Ultra-religious nut jobs create far stronger prisons than brick and mortar.

By eri on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 03:43 pm:

"Ultra-religious nut jobs create far stronger prisons than brick and mortar."

Boy do I know that this is true. Too much experience for my taste.

Either way, I wonder what the point of putting him on some kind of trial will do. I don't see how two years in jail could be worse than his own personal hell he is going to have to deal with, or if he were on trial, what statement would it make?

By Czarina on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 04:01 pm:

Putting him on trial would be a good thing.He's *rightous* in his own sick mind.Come-uppance would be a good thing for the prick.

By eri on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 04:09 pm:

That is true. He does think himself the victim and the saint in all of this. I guess it would be a good lesson for him. He needs more than two years worth of come-uppance if you ask me. That is why it almost seems like a waste. My ex has done more time than that over back child support.

By agatha on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 04:16 pm:

sorry, been out of town. i should clarify that earlier on, when i was sympathizing with the woman, i meant the victim.

i have very little sympathy for the owners of the dogs, except for the usual pity that i have for someone who is just totally fucked up beyond reparation.

By eri on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 05:39 pm:

I feel sorry for the victim and her family as well. I don't feel sorry for the freaks that had the dogs. There is no excuse for their actions.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact