Girl Hit by Car, Cited for Jaywalking

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Girl Hit by Car, Cited for Jaywalking
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By NJ Cop on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 01:27 pm:

WILLINGBORO, N.J. — A 9-year-old girl who darted into the street and was struck by a car got a ticket for jaywalking, but police said they will withdraw the charge.

By Reese on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 02:19 pm:

And in other news, they found a skull in DC Park.
    To make thier job that much easier, the DC Metro Police have decided that it must be the skull of missing intern Sandra Leavy!

By droopy on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 02:22 pm:

you guys hear about the buddhist monk in thailand who stormed parliament with an ak-47?

something like that.

By Reese on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 02:41 pm:

look at this. I am not so much concerned about the dogs as much as I am concerned about HOW the remains were discovered.

By Joey Boots on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 03:44 pm:

I think we should whack all the SUV drivers like this dude whacked all those greyhounds.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 04:25 pm:

i'm more concerned abou this:
    "Susan Netboy, president of the Greyhound Protection League in Sacramento, Calif.,"

i'm not sure what concerns me more, that there is a GPL, or that some chick named Netboy is a part of it.

By spunky on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 04:56 pm:

What bothers me is the satelite

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 06:04 pm:

What bothers me is that they're not harnessing these dogs to their namesake Greyhound buses, doing away with thousands of tons of yearly emissions, once the dogs have outlived their useful racing lives. I bet if you harnessed 100 dogs to a bus, they could pull it along at a decent clip. Then, when they've done their Cleveland to Chatanooga run, guys like Robert Rhodes can be waiting at the terminal to whack 'em, and a new team can be harnessed for the Chatanooga to New Orleans run.

By pez on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 07:47 pm:

oh, it is her. the dental records match.

By semillama on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 09:10 am:

and Sandra Leavy is alive and well. Chandra
    Levy, now...

By Spider on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 11:24 am:

Y'know, if she was killed while jogging in Rock Creek Park, any random criminal could have done it. Bodies are found there all the time, most dumped there but some killed on site.

By semillama on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 11:38 am:

You'd think that maybe they would install
    those cameras they use to take pictures of
    jungle cats there.

By Nate on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 11:41 am:

what if she just fell and broke her neck?

why didn't the police search find her when she was in a straight line from her pad to that castle thing?

By semillama on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 12:32 pm:

How come the corpse sniffing dogs didn't find
    her?

THat's what's really suspicious. I bet the
    skelton was recently dumped.

By eri on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

I don't even keep up on the Chandra Levy thing anymore. To me it just seems like another witch hunt to ruin a mans career, which maybe it should be ruined, but I still say there are more important things to worry about now.

What if she got paid millions of dollars to hide out and fake her death by the other political party to ruin this man's career? She's alive, rich and sipping martini's in the Bahama's.

What if she was killed by some Ted Bundy we haven't discovered yet?

What if, what if, what if?

I just don't see a point in dwelling on it until the truth is actually known and am tired of specualting on it.

By patrick on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 01:20 pm:

eri, wake up. they found her bones in a park near her apartment yesterday. Shes no where near alive. She was having an affair with a married congressman. its a suspicious situation.

By Dougie on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 01:21 pm:

What if Robert Rhodes whacked her like he whacked those greyhounds?

By Dougie on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 01:23 pm:

Not that I think Robert Rhodes whacked her, mind you, it's just that I like using the term "whacked".

By Nate on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 01:53 pm:

they think they found the guy who nailed her. he's in prison serving 10.

By semillama on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 02:10 pm:

recently in prison?

or is he some sort of X-files cat?

By eri on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 02:21 pm:

See, I didn't even know she was dead, or that they found her bones. I just knew that she was missing.

I never said their shouldn't be an investigation, just that it shouldn't be so sensationalized, until they have the answers. That's all.

If it is close to her house, there are lots of options, it could have been random, it could have been the congressman. It could have been my ex-husband who killed her cuz she didn't like sex with him (like the majority of all women wouldn't).

I am just saying that a lot is being made out of this when we don't know much yet. I guess I know less than most, but it isn't on the top of my priority list right now.

By spunky on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 02:47 pm:

She was found close to her house, close to the "mansion" and close to what's his face's apartment. The age of the bones looks like the body was deposited sometime in early october 2001.

By Spider on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 03:09 pm:

Eri, her remains were discovered last night. You aren't that far behind. :)

She was found 4 miles from her house, in the middle of a big huge forested park, way off the trail. In a city, that's not too close. Condit lived in Adams Morgan, which isn't too close, either.

Where did you hear about the age of the bones, Spunky?

By spunky on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 03:49 pm:

My friend that works in the Pentagon

By Antigone on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 05:55 pm:

Well, I have a friend that works at the Octagon. So there!

By Dougie on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 06:55 pm:

I have a friend who works in the Lipstick Building, and he told me nothing of the Chandra Levy story, nor of her cousin, the Sandra Leavy story. He calls it Dipstick Central, for some reason.

By semillama on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 11:53 am:

THis whole thing smells of a police cover up.
    If this is such a dumping ground, how could
    they have missed the body?

i can't type for shit today.

By patrick on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

Have you ever been there? I h've driven through it. Its a very very vast and thick wooded area.

By Spider on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 12:57 pm:

Also, it's essentially a big ravine. Her remains were found on a steep slope by a curious little dog.

By semillama on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 03:07 pm:

Like I said. corpse sniffing dogs. they had em
    and used em.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact