John Entwhistle, RIP

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: John Entwhistle, RIP
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 08:47 pm:

He died in Las Vegas today. The Who was
    supposed to start their tour tomorrow.

It's happening. We're losing everyone.

This is all Ruggles' fault.

By Dougie on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 08:37 am:

Yeah, I'm so bummed. And he was only 57. What a bass player he was.

And it's so weird, because yesterday afternoon, when I saw this dickhead Ruggles' posts on WAYD, I was going to write "Who the fuck are you?" and sign it Roger Daltrey, but I ended up having to hit the boss key and forgot all about it.

By agatha on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 08:44 am:

does anyone know how he died?

and what is this "boss key"?

By semillama on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 08:47 am:

apparent heart attack.

AS an experiment, when I got home from work
    late last night, I flicked between VH-1, MTV,
    MTV and Headline News to see who would
    cover it first.

Headline News won. As of this morning, I had
    yet to see it mentioned on any of the music
    channels.

By Dougie on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 08:53 am:

Probably just from heavy living, although I'm not sure he was the crazed party animal Townshend was. They say there's no evidence of drugs or drinking, but that's the standard party line.

Boss key just means I had to close my browser real quick. Some old computer games used to have an escape key sequence you could hit and it would turn the game into a fake spreadsheet or some such thing.

By Skooter on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 11:54 am:

Yep....I blasted "I can see for miles and miles"
    and "Boris the Spider" last night.
    The Who is the most underrated classic rock
    band, ever.
    Better than the stones in my book, though I'm
    sure that will also set off a pissing contest.
    Real sad. My boss, the conserative asshole,
    and I bonded over Jon's memory today.
    He was a solid rock man.
    See ya....Ox, you will be missed. I bet Eddie
    Vedder is pretty upset right now too.
    Plus, they were supposed to be recording a
    new studio album as a five piece.
    SHIT!
    Bill Wymen is next.
    Ruggles did it. He left a slime trail at the Hard
    Rock, so we know it was him.

By pez on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 04:21 pm:

if they do another tour, it'll have to be "ressurrection".

it made my boss and couple of customers laugh, anyway.

my boss's boyfriend died in his sleep last week.

By sarah on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 11:07 pm:

that's very sad pez. how old was he?

that cardinals pitcher died too, he was what, 33? some sort of freaky genetic heart disease.

By sarah on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 11:07 pm:

pez, can i have a 'zine?

By pez on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 06:39 am:

49. apparently from a mixture of alcohol and his prescription anti-depressant.

they'd been together for some time, at least 5 years.

i had to cover so others could go to the service, i wish i could've gone. but that's the way things go.

i'll see if i can dig one out. email me and we'll see.

By patrick on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 11:55 am:

i never got mine kiddo.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact