Oceania, Eastasia and Eurasia are here.

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Oceania, Eastasia and Eurasia are here.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 04:28 pm:

Take me seriously for a minute, please, and consider.

I am a student, if you will of 1984.

In the book, the arch rival is Goldstien (amazing, jewish name).
    He is never seen or heard. You see the same 2 or 3 pictures of him on posters and tv saying the same thing over and over again, but no one really knows where he is.

Then there is Usama Bin Laden (3 names, like all assasigns, if you watched Conspiracy Theory). No one knows where he. We do not even know if he is alive or dead. Beleive it or not, the same theory has recently surfaced about Saddam Hussien. They say no one has really seen him since 1998. He has hired several doubles to make public appearances.
    I bet when (not if, never was an if) we go to Iraq, he is still going to "escape" to some unkown location....

Then there is the war.
    In the book, the search for new weapons continues unceasingly, and is one of the very few remaining activities in which the inventive or speculative type of mind can find any outlet. None of the three super-states ever gains a significant lead on the others. What is more remarkable is that all three powers already possess, in the atomic bomb, a weapon far more powerful than any that their present researches are likely to discover. Although the Party, according to its habit, claims the invention for itself, atomic bombs first appeared as early as the nineteen-forties, and were first used on a large scale about ten years later. At that time some hundreds of bombs were dropped on industrial centers, chiefly in European Russia, Western Europe, and North America. The effect was to convince the ruling groups of all countries that a few more atomic bombs would mean the end of organized society, and hence of their own power. Thereafter, although no formal agreement was ever made or hinted at, no more bombs were dropped. All three powers merely continue to produce atomic bombs and store them up against the decisive opportunity which they all believe will come sooner or later.

And meanwhile the art of war has remained almost stationary for thirty or forty years. Helicopters are more used than they were formerly, bombing planes have been largely superseded by self-propelled projectiles, and the fragile movable battleship has given way to the almost unsinkable Floating Fortress; but otherwise there has been little development. The tank, the submarine, the torpedo, the machine gun, even the rifle and the hand grenade are still in use. And in spite of the endless slaughters reported in the Press and on the telescreens, the desperate battles of earlier wars, in which hundreds of thousands or even millions of men were often killed in a few weeks, have never been repeated.

Guess what, the US Military has put in a huge order for new equipment.
    Black Hawks and Chinook Helicopters.
    We are putting 100,000 troops into the gulf area.

I dunno, just wanted some other thoughts on this.

By patrick on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 05:09 pm:

just like Pear Harbor was allowed, 9/11 was allowed to happen, to incense the idiotic American public. We are ripe for manipulation.

According to the First Amendment Center (http://www.fac.org/templates/document.asp?documentID=16915) nearly half (49% in 2002, from 39% in 2001 and 22% in 2000) of Americans believe the First Amendment goes too far. Freedom of Press is the least popular. Nearly 40% believe that the press should not be allowed to criticize the US military and its strategies and performance. More than 40% said they would limit academic freedom of professors and bar criticism of military policy. Half of those surveyed said the government should be allowed to monitor religious groups in the name of national security, even if it means violating the 1st Amendment. More than 40% said the government should have the authority to monitory the activities of Muslims moreso than any other religious group.

9/11 allowed further erosion of our rights, and further exploitation of the middle east and lower Asia for the resources.

Its no secret we manipulate the world to our benefit. Most recently in Afghanistan (pipelines and natural gas), the failed coup in Venezuela (oil) and for the last 10 years in the middle east waiting for the right time to usurp our former bitch Saddam.

Shredding our personal freedoms, instilling fear in the world, using military might and economics to bully our way and alienating our allies.

We're fucked.

dammit

ferry leaves in 5 hours. i get my weed in 1. sweetbabyjesus i need a toke.

By patrick on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 05:13 pm:

im actually I am finding a steady diet of Marley and Sabbath are helping right now.

has anyone picked up that recently released Black Sabbath early live recordings recently? Holy poop on a stick does it rock.

My birthday is coming up and it makes top list!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact