Moscow siege: Explosions heard

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Moscow siege: Explosions heard
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By trace on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:53 pm:

Moscow - There are reports of three powerful blasts coming from the direction of the Moscow theatre where Chechen gunmen are holding 700 people hostage.

Now, what will be interesting is to see if the same explosives were used here that were used in India a few weeks ago.

By trace on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 03:19 pm:

OK,
    So Russia has ended the seige. Great. But at what cost?
    The terrorists killed what, 20?
    As of Sunday evening, Moscow's top doctor Andrei Seltsovsky said 646 people were still in hospital, including 150 in intensive care, 45 of them in a grave condition.
    117 had died of the gas...

Who did the most damage?

By Nate on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 03:48 pm:

putin contained the damage.

watch apocalypse now and maybe you'll understand.

By patrick on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 03:54 pm:

majority of the damage was caused when that left over KGB fuckwit decided to keep doctors and emergency peeps in the dark (and continue to do so) about what they had done.

By trace on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 04:37 pm:

Hey, if this is some gas they had before the end of the cold war, we have it too, and we are not sharing with our Emergency Responders either...

By patrick on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 04:47 pm:

what?

we arent sharing because we dont have a hostage situation in which there is a need to share the information.

By trace on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 04:54 pm:

It would be best if it was shared BEFORE there is a need.

By patrick on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 05:18 pm:

if its some sort of tactical, military secret, you of all people would understand why they keep it a secret. is it you or your wife, or both that say there are something we shouldnt know?

eitherway

when there is a clear indication that doctors could have reacted more appropriately if they were armed with details of the chemical agent....DUH! whats the right thing to do?

By trace on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 05:41 pm:

YOu could have Emergency Responders (military or gov) attached to the military group that is going out to gas the building to help the hostages with a quick anti-dote.
    If you are going to use the gas, and you know the side effects, then you most likely have a counter agent.
    You have a medical group assigned to the detachment that is going to deploy the gas who is there to administer any needed emergency assistance.
    That would have been the logical thing to do.

By semillama on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 05:42 pm:

How do you know they (we) don't?

By trace on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 05:43 pm:

I know we do.
    We have been studying "non-lethal crowd control" methods for quite some time.
    That is where the taser, pepper spray and mace came from.

By trace on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 05:47 pm:

or were you referring to my 542 post?

By Nate on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 06:13 pm:

or were you referring to my virtual rectum? my dogearred speculum? refined sugar honey bee? lemons in your pants, squirrel?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact