North Korean Crisis just a hoax

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: North Korean Crisis just a hoax
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Thursday, January 9, 2003 - 04:04 pm:

"JACKASS" PRODUCERS ADMIT NORTH KOREA NUKE HOAX

Reality Show May Have Crossed a Line, U.N. Says

The North Korean nuclear standoff came to a surprising conclusion today as the producers of the reality show “Jackass” revealed that they had fabricated the crisis as a stunt for an upcoming episode.

“We wanted to see how everybody would react if they thought North Korea was making nukes,” said a spokesman for the “Jackass” program. “We pretty much expected people to freak out, but nothing like this.”

The spokesman said that the idea for the elaborate nuclear hoax first occurred to the “Jackass” producers when they learned that an intern in their production office, Gunnar Robertson, 23, did a “dead-on” imitation of North Korean leader Kim Jung-Il.

“We couldn’t believe how good it was,” the “Jackass” spokesman said. “Gunnar really nailed Kim.”

To make the nuclear hoax convincing, the “Jackass” producers mocked up extensive footage of U.N. monitors being removed from what appeared to be a North Korean nuclear facility but which was actually an abandoned Liquor Barn warehouse store in Garden Grove, California.

A spokesman for the U.N.’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) spoke out against the “Jackass” stunt today, saying, “While we have always enjoyed the ‘Jackass’ program in the past, we feel that they kind of crossed a line this time.”

Perhaps in response to the “Jackass” controversy, Fox Broadcasting today cancelled plans for a proposed reality series entitled “Joe President.”

In the proposed series, a man of unspectacular intelligence and accomplishment would attempt to trick the entire nation into believing he was President, even though he did not actually win an election.

“Upon reflection, we thought this show was going a little too far,” a Fox spokesman said.

By Joe on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 01:55 am:

please, let us not give the "jackass" people this much power. if north korea has nuclear weapons, they can kill MILLIONS; a lot more than sadaam could kill. how dare they "kid around" about this. how could they think that this would be funny?

By Nate on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 02:17 am:

i'm guessing, and i may be wrong, but i'm guessing that the answer to your question can be found at the onion.

By wisper on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 01:32 pm:

uhm, joe?
    any country with nuclear weapons can kill MILLIONS.

By Joe on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 01:24 am:

any country with long-range weapons can kill millions. just meant that there are millions of people right next to north korea and not next to iraq. so short range weapons from north korea can do a lot more damage than the same from iraq. not my opinion but one that i heard and with which i agree.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 11:22 am:

it doesnt take a missle system to deploy a nuclear bomb.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:07 pm:

yes it does patrick. that's your argument for why iraq isn't a threat.

they could never hit the US.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:30 pm:

you can deliver a nuclear bomb, be it "dirty" or not by all kinds of means.

there's been talk of an inbound ship in our harbors with such a weapon.

Are you forgetting the USSR's suitcase devices?

My argument for Iraq not being a threat is that he doesnt have the capability to reach us, and further, should he attack the US, that is, launch an offensive, he would be annihilated in no time.

People seem to forget how much of a deterrant the US is to nation-states. There has been no link, in a year and a half to say he had anything to do with al Qaida, so state-sponsored terrorism on his behalf is not a sound argument either.

No threat. Period.

By Bacus on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 05:43 pm:

tragedy is the basis of all comedy...BURP!

By Nate on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 09:54 pm:

NORTH KOREAN GIRLS ARE EASY!

By Joe on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 02:03 am:

patrick is correct, but we still have to stop sadaam. most folks in the middle east think that he has "hijacked" iraq and needs to be stopped.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact